AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-02, 16:01   Link #2601
Ghanw
(-_-)

Oh its a picture that Miyami-Zero drew (I am pretty sure, i might be wrong) it is from HSDxD of Issei carrying Rias in there wedding clothes. It can be found in the social group by n0m@n.
Edit: Idk if the pic is canon or not to the future story(maybe maybe not)
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 17:43   Link #2602
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Where was that, chapter wise? o_O

This could explain the overarching theme of the story of Restia wanting to kill the spirit lords. They saw her panties
I thought I translated a portion of that a while ago. Fianna and our MC went to see a priestess while the other girls look for a way to get back Est.

It's the volume where Est disappears and our MC had to fight Lenora.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 18:03   Link #2603
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

We all know that Restia wants Kamito back and is jealous of Est. But does Est know about Restia and her prev. connection with Kamito?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 19:06   Link #2604
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Hey Archmage, are you still translating this series or no?(just wondering) hope this series gets popular it is pretty good but not the best
I don't think I will spent much more time translating-It take a lot of energy and there are better translators who are currently on the job~I think doing volume 4's prologue was enough.

@Whsie-Where did you translate that?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 19:34   Link #2605
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Hey Archmage, are you still translating this series or no?(just wondering) hope this series gets popular it is pretty good but not the best
I think there will be more translators here later in the year if no one else picks up this project based on from what I have heard. It would probably more popular if Campione wasn't around. It feels like an inferior Campione imo, still good though.

Quote:
I think he puts his partial translations on JCafe, someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 2012-10-02, 22:17   Link #2606
whsie

Quote:

Oh, I don't know. SOMEWHERE in this 131 page thread. I did it several months ago.

^ Not necessary, I translate where the demand is. I originally translated half of that youth scene for Campione in October 2011 (about a whole year ago when Campione was little known) because people were asking for a "taste" of what the LN was like. Well, I gave them what they wanted.

The thing with me is that I'm always thinking of entering translation, but then there's always something in life that says, NO, you got sh*t to do. I thought about doing DxD (when the thread was still in the 10s), things came up, thought about doing Campione(when the thread was below 10), things came up. There was that half summary/half translation of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei for Web 4 during the Spring, but I only did it because the demand was crazy at the time and I did that when I was working 6 days/60 hours a week. Overall, September 2011-Present has sucked for me. At this point, until I have some stability in my current life, I will not enter translation. With that being said, I would do translations if I have some stability because it's good practice for me.
Old 2012-10-02, 22:47   Link #2607
Insane
Banned

Don't bother with it whsie, BT still have a bunch of active translators. About Seirei, i think just recently we got new guy named Vermiculo that took over the rest of Vol 3.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 00:32   Link #2608
Ghanw
(-_-)

No matter how much I love you whsie (if your a guy, as a bro) I would love to see this translated someday. Dont push yourself too hard, RL is more important than translations and summaries. If a day comes where you want to retire from this could you let us know, cause i like the summaries that were given by you or translated (especially Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) even though i know a liitle bit of japanese i am still unable to read fast like in english or chinese, probably be reading a sentence every 5 minutes to understand what the senyence means as a whole. So thank you all for the translations people have done.
Old 2012-10-03, 00:44   Link #2609
Insane
Banned

Quote:
No matter how much I love you whsie (if your a guy, as a bro) I would love to see this translated someday. Dont push yourself too hard, RL is more important than translations and summaries. If a day comes where you want to retire from this could you let us know, cause i like the summaries that were given by you or translated (especially Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) even though i know a liitle bit of japanese i am still unable to read fast like in english or chinese, probably be reading a sentence every 5 minutes to understand what the senyence means as a whole. So thank you all for the translations people have done.
Are you trying to encouraging him or just tempting him here (LOL)?
Old 2012-10-03, 00:47   Link #2610
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Are you trying to encouraging him or just tempting him here (LOL)?
I say 45% tempting 45% encouraging 100% of love XD
Old 2012-10-03, 00:54   Link #2611
Ghanw
(-_-)

Oh sorry for the way people interpert this i meant translators can take their time in translating i dont really care for speed just atleast i can get the story. But RL is more important so do what you got to do and forget about us if you get tired of translating/summary( sorry if this sounded like an encouragment its not just saying people are greedy once they get there hands on something they cant let go, and keep asking for more which then makes people like whsie peevish because one you got to deal with angry online mob and deal with what is more important RL)- sorry if it still dosent make sense
Old 2012-10-03, 00:58   Link #2612
Insane
Banned

Speaking about Seirei translations, apparently there're some people that going back and forth in editing Archmage's translations on Vol 4 prologue. Can someone stop them already?
Old 2012-10-03, 01:01   Link #2613
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

personally I feel that if someone is translating a vol (not a series), it's proper manner to finish translating the whole thing, leaving it half complete is even worst than not translating at all for the readers. But ofc real life should take priority and people should not complain about the speed no matter how slow it is. (Yes they have a life too.) It will be fine if they just one day remember the vol and finish it. But if they leave it incomplete, the readers still shouldn't complain about it since they are not getting paid to do it. Guess I'm contradicting myself a bit but what I'm trying to say is, it's bad if they leave things incomplete but it's not wrong.
Old 2012-10-03, 01:09   Link #2614
Insane
Banned

^That's why i'm amazed that those chinese translators capable of doing such monstrous feat
Old 2012-10-03, 01:11   Link #2615
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
^That's why i'm amazed that those chinese translators capable of doing such monstrous feat
Lol even though quite a number of them leave things half complete hehe but ya a lot of them actually finish the whole vol (possibly other vol of the same series) and they do it in such short time too!
Old 2012-10-03, 01:11   Link #2616
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
personally I feel that if someone is translating a vol (not a series), it's proper manner to finish translating the whole thing, leaving it half complete is even worst than not translating at all for the readers. But ofc real life should take priority and people should not complain about the speed no matter how slow it is. (Yes they have a life too.) It will be fine if they just one day remember the vol and finish it. But if they leave it incomplete, the readers still shouldn't complain about it since they are not getting paid to do it. Guess I'm contradicting myself a bit but what I'm trying to say is, it's bad if they leave things incomplete but it's not wrong.
Yeah, basically if I'm in, I would be all in. I don't like to leave things half done. The problem is real life is preventing me from going all-in. Until then, the best I can give are translations of small parts or at best a Mahouka quasi summary/translation.
Old 2012-10-03, 01:25   Link #2617
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Yeah, basically if I'm in, I would be all in. I don't like to leave things half done. The problem is real life is preventing me from going all-in. Until then, the best I can give are translations of small parts or at best a Mahouka quasi summary/translation.
That's good enough, real life is first priority ofc, nobody should really expect you to ignore real life just to do translations ~
Old 2012-10-03, 02:25   Link #2618
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
That's good enough, real life is first priority ofc, nobody should really expect you to ignore real life just to do translations ~
unless it was his professional job it is

If I have the money, I'd pay for the translation, since it's not an easy task and worth to be rewarded.
Real life take priority
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:33   Link #2619
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Speaking about Seirei translations, apparently there're some people that going back and forth in editing Archmage's translations on Vol 4 prologue. Can someone stop them already?
Was doing proofreading a few days ago. Even though it was only for 5 lines lol

Unless you meant that some people are reverting changes and re-editing?
Old 2012-10-03, 02:43   Link #2620
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Was doing proofreading a few days ago. Even though it was only for 5 lines lol

Unless you meant that some people are reverting changes and re-editing?
Yeah, and it looks rather messy right now since many people (even non-registered users) are intensely brawling on that small chapter.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap