AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 20:11   Link #321
YourIdeas

Spoiler for Episode 8:
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 20:16   Link #322
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 08 - Rubarida!:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 01:08   Link #323
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

^But his house is supposed to be a shop. Of course it would be unlocked.
Old 2013-03-24, 17:26   Link #324
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
^But his house is supposed to be a shop. Of course it would be unlocked.
... wait, if anything wouldn't that give him more incentive to lock it? I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd certainly never leave home without locking the door. Especially if it doubled as a shop... I mean, I could understand if somebody was there to watch over his stuff to prevent theft... but it was empty.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 21:23   Link #325
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
... wait, if anything wouldn't that give him more incentive to lock it? I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd certainly never leave home without locking the door. Especially if it doubled as a shop... I mean, I could understand if somebody was there to watch over his stuff to prevent theft... but it was empty.
It's Japan... even if you dropped your wallet in the street, no one would steal it...
Old 2013-03-24, 22:52   Link #326
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
It's Japan... even if you dropped your wallet in the street, no one would steal it...
They would bring it to the nearest police station, and the policemen would start handing out flyers to find the owner; believe me, that also nobody else in that country would pose or pretend to be owner's wallet to deceive in order to steal it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 11:06   Link #327
4Tran

Episode 8

The Cures gather at the shopkeeper's store to interrogate him about what the whereabouts of the Trump Kingdom Princess. When they do so, he reveals all of the secrets of the show, and we're in for an epic showdown with - wait; that's not what happens at all. Instead, they find a baby in an egg, which Mana takes to like the baby's mama.

Overall, this episode is actually really good - great expressions on the character, nice buildup of chemistry, nice looking artwork and one of the funnest and most original monsters of the week ever.

There's still a few negative notes - namely "Joe Osaka" and his non-answers, and the baby being as unfun as predicted. I don't think these negatives hurt much, and I really enjoyed the viewing experience.

About Ai: I think that she's pretty obviously the Princess, and I hope that she's going to be a lot more like Chibi Chibi than Porun.

This is the best episode of Dokidoki so far. More plz.
Old 2013-03-26, 02:16   Link #328
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
There's still a few negative notes - namely "Joe Osaka" and his non-answers, and the baby being as unfun as predicted. I don't think these negatives hurt much, and I really enjoyed the viewing experience.
To be fair, there isn't a whole lot you can do with a baby. It cries, it laughs, it uses its magical powers liberally without knowing any better; it just does baby things.

EDIT: On a side note, just noticed that Makoto's seiyuu actually did the first endings for Yes Precure 5 & GoGo, which I personally disliked.

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2013-03-26 at 03:00.
Old 2013-03-26, 07:57   Link #329
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 8:

Mana is now a single mother. Make her baby cry, and you're in for some ass kicking. Just kidding.
Perhaps the writers want to show that precure are not only strong, but can be motherly as well?

Baby issues aside. This is a surprisingly fun episode with funny Sheep jikochu. I like how Rikka confused them by shouting a high number.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 10:18   Link #330
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
To be fair, there isn't a whole lot you can do with a baby. It cries, it laughs, it uses its magical powers liberally without knowing any better; it just does baby things.
I think that this is a pretty good explanation for why you wouldn't want to make a baby a central part of a story.
Old 2013-03-28, 02:01   Link #331
elior

Spoiler for precure new attacks:
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 13:21   Link #332
pezzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
Spoiler for precure new attacks:
Spoiler:
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 16:11   Link #333
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 8. Kyupirappa! The Birth of a Mysterious Baby!!

This is the kind of episode that should be airing before the plot either thickens or introduces some serious development.

There are so many and several things why I rank this episode with an almost perfect score.

For starters, the girls (along with the audience) get to know Joe's name, though his identity remains mysterious for the time being. However, we can pretty sure he has some connection to the Trump Kingdom, or, at least, to the whereabouts of the princess.

I won't put inside spoiler tags, but 99% I'm pretty sure that baby Ai is actually Princess Ange. If not, then Ai could be part of the Princess; most likely her heart.
Spoiler:

But, enough with my rantings.

Watching Ai and Mana babysitting her as the Mother figure was so moé that my heart melt, and Rikka's brain overheating trying to logically make sense of that fantasy situation that she just witnessed was pretty funny.

And, how come I forgot Mana's dreaded singing which made poor Ai crying out aloud for worse?

And, still for the best the episode's Jikochuu, which was very powerful, indeed. Thankfully, Ai is still a newborn, and the truth applies to her powers, because her energy was enough to wake-up the girls, but they were struggling to keep themselves with eyes wide open.
It was just too hilarious to see Cure Love and Cure Sword's slapping and ranting.

It surprised me but was funny that the Jikochuu turned on Marmo, and she ended up sleeping all the way until the girls defeated the monster and just to wake up to find her pimple gone and leaving happily; a first for a villain character in a Pretty Cure series.

All in all, I really enjoyed this episode, and enjoyed Ai-chan the most. Thank goodness this baby is nothing alike to Porun and Chiffon. Ai, definitely, possess her own unique personality charm.
Old 2013-03-28, 23:38   Link #334
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

I'm still waiting for this episode when Rikka has a "complicated" feeling
Spoiler:

Also, It looks like Toei want Rikka to suffer. While everyone is having fun, Rikka is just... standing there alone...
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-28, 23:39   Link #335
Midonin
Last Engage

ヤンデ六花 (Yanderikka) is a fairly popular tag on pixiv.
Old 2013-03-29, 00:29   Link #336
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Also, anyone noticed this in the Trump Kingdom?
Old 2013-03-29, 10:48   Link #337
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hope this serves as a proper analogy:

Rika is to Yomi while Mana is to Mato, and Makoto is to Yuu.

Although I don't think TOEI is going to troll us with some severe personality or emotional stuff on Rika, surely those pics from above are enough to troll me.
Old 2013-03-30, 21:33   Link #338
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 09 - Obake va Akadyan:
Old 2013-03-30, 22:31   Link #339
YourIdeas

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Old 2013-03-31, 04:14   Link #340
elior

so from what i seen so far it seems so it seems few of the battles in doki doki will be based on strategy instead of shooting thier attacks right away
elior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, magical girl