AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-18, 01:04   Link #1521
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I know, right.

Buuut yeah.

In other news: Will Disappearance get a dub?
Old 2010-03-18, 11:12   Link #1522
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Prolly not, no.
Will the 2nd season get dubbed? That should come first
Old 2010-03-20, 06:43   Link #1523
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah Season 2's getting dubbed remembar.

With Cristina Vee and all that?
Old 2010-03-20, 19:49   Link #1524
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
i think that was just speculation... i mean, my guts tell me that they won't actually hire CV for that.

alright, i have a question(s). ummm... there's a 50% chance that i'm going to japan this may. so, a) how do i get a ticket to the movie and b) should i read the novel first since i'm not really fluent in japanese?
Old 2010-03-20, 20:07   Link #1525
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
b) should i read the novel first since i'm not really fluent in japanese?
I would. It'd help a lot in understanding what's going on, which was a bit confusing just reading - I imagine it'd be more confusing watching without good understanding of the dialogue.
Old 2010-03-20, 20:23   Link #1526
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Prolly not, no.
Will the 2nd season get dubbed? That should come first
TV Tokyo showed a segment about Haruhi fans in the United States the weekend that the Disappearance movie came out in Japan. In that segment, they talked a bit with Crispin Freeman who was recording lines. Since they've announced a set for later this year, it's highly likely that the 2009 episodes will get dubbed. Nothing has been confirmed; this is purely conjecture on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post

All that has been confirmed is that Cristina Vee will be playing the role of Haruhi in the ASOS Brigade shorts like Patricia Ja Lee did during 2007. As we know, that Lee was not the voice of Haruhi in the dub, so there is nothing to confirm that Vee will be the voice of Haruhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
i think that was just speculation... i mean, my guts tell me that they won't actually hire CV for that.

alright, i have a question(s). ummm... there's a 50% chance that i'm going to japan this may. so, a) how do i get a ticket to the movie and b) should i read the novel first since i'm not really fluent in japanese?
If you do get to see it, I offer congratulations and hope you get to see it in theatres. As for getting a ticket, it is likely that you will be able to go to the ticket counter outside a theatre and purchase one there, but there are also theatres that allow you to purchase one online (though Japan has differing ways of financial payment than some other countries, so take note of that). Most places I've seen will charge 1800 yen for a general admission ticket.

As for reading the translations by B-T, I would suggest that you do read it before the movie to make sure you understand any subtleties that may not be evident in the animation if you don't understand Japanese. However, I will also say to not read it if you know without a doubt you won't be seeing the movie to not spoil yourself if you don't end up going.

Keep checking the Disappearance news thread. I have been updating the list of theatres that are currently showing and will show the movie with starting and ending dates as I find them. That may be to your advantage if you go.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-03-20, 20:36   Link #1527
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Most places I've seen will charge 1800 yen for a general admission ticket.
Just a note as well: many theaters offer discounts. I saw the 12th Detective Conan movie while I was visiting Japan, and they had a student discount. They accepted my American student ID, which cut the price down to about 700-1000 yen (forget exact amount, but definitely worthwhile). So, yeah, when you purchase it, make sure to check for any discounts available.
Old 2010-03-20, 21:53   Link #1528
roankun
Tsundere Lover

alright, thanks guys. i plan top read it when i'm 100% sure that i'm going. it's supposed to be in Tokyo, so surely there'll be a cinema there, right?

i'm not so sure about the discount though... my ID's not exactly in mint condition...

EDIT: question: what's the symbol on the uniform of North High? (the one at the center of the chest in girls and the one on the breast pocket of guys). at first I though it was NH but now, i'm not so sure....

Last edited by roankun; 2010-03-22 at 06:59.
Old 2010-03-27, 15:19   Link #1529
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

I have a quick question with both seasons that have been released and the movie included how many volumes of the light noel have been covered?
Old 2010-03-27, 15:43   Link #1530
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The first four in their entirety with two stories form volume 5 (Endless Eight and The Day of Sagittarius) and two from volume 6 (Live a Live and The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00).
Old 2010-03-27, 16:05   Link #1531
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

@CrowKenobi: thanks for the quick response. wow that means there's still a lot of material to cover and more so if the 10th volume and beyond ever come out!
Old 2010-04-02, 12:33   Link #1532
[T]ensio[N]
Moe Moe Kyun~ <3

when did the second season come out? and when did episode 15 come out?
Old 2010-04-02, 16:55   Link #1533
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]ensio[N] View Post
when did the second season come out? and when did episode 15 come out?
It's kind of complicated to answer your question.

Spring/summer of 2009. It wasn't really a second season, because it was a rebroadcasting of the original 14 episodes + new episodes interleaved with the originals. So episode 15 could be considered Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (the first of the new episodes), which was... June 2009?, or it could be considered the 15th chronological one, which was one of the Endless Eights, I think? and was in July or August of 2009.

Really, you should check the List of Haruhi Suzumiya Episodes at Wikipedia. It's pretty comprehensive.
Old 2010-04-02, 20:32   Link #1534
[T]ensio[N]
Moe Moe Kyun~ <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
It's kind of complicated to answer your question.

Spring/summer of 2009. It wasn't really a second season, because it was a rebroadcasting of the original 14 episodes + new episodes interleaved with the originals. So episode 15 could be considered Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (the first of the new episodes), which was... June 2009?, or it could be considered the 15th chronological one, which was one of the Endless Eights, I think? and was in July or August of 2009.

Really, you should check the List of Haruhi Suzumiya Episodes at Wikipedia. It's pretty comprehensive.
thanks much man
Old 2010-04-05, 21:54   Link #1535
commando

not wanting to wait any longer for the movie, I decided to read the novel instead (in English of course).

I gotta admit, it was AWESOME, I'm glad I read the novel first. I still have a few questions on my mind though, I'm hoping maybe some experts here can answer them, lol. Please keep in mind that I've only read up to this far (and watched both seasons), so please don't tell me anything that I shouldn't know. Thanks

Spoilers below on The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi
Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-05, 22:18   Link #1536
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I shall do my best to answer your questions. My responses shall be in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
Spoiler:

Old 2010-04-05, 23:19   Link #1537
commando

thank you so much for your quick answers, a lot of things cleared up for me.

Spoiler for follow up questions >.<:
Old 2010-04-06, 05:42   Link #1538
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Once again, my responses shall be in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
thank you so much for your quick answers, a lot of things cleared up for me.

Spoiler for follow up questions >.<:

Old 2010-04-06, 11:31   Link #1539
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Some thoughts after reading the exchange between you two;

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2010-04-06, 19:09   Link #1540
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Spoiler: