AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-09-11, 06:55   Link #1081
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
That's a weird scene... I also believed that it was because of his Byakugan (because it was later on revealed he had a 360 degree vision) but as I reread the chapter to check on it I saw he had it turned off, so I guess Hunter is right. Though I still think it SHOULD be an activated Byakugan.
Even when turned off, he still has the white eyes.

I do not believe it was just sense. He saw that fist.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 07:28   Link #1082
Ichimaru

shinos glasses > Byukugan + sharingan
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 09:33   Link #1083
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash

I think that too... though the manga implies something different.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 09:47   Link #1084
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
and when byakugan is turned on, there are veins leading to those white eyes, so what? o________________O
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 16:45   Link #1085
minuteman

what do you mean?
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 16:53   Link #1086
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
It might be easier to comprehend if you imagine the scene where Naruto in Kyuubified but uncontrolled mode was avoiding the attacks coming from Haku. He didn't see that, just felt or sensed.

That sensing might be caused by many things, sixth-sense, noise, smell, change in air characteristics, etc. Some might be more sensitive than the others, but at the end, there is some sense involved.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 02:27   Link #1087
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I agree with Yellow Flash on this one.

(Yeah, I'm surprised, too.)

Sure, from what we've seen top-ninjas do have a vague sense of, "there's something behind me".

They do not have a sense of, "there is one kunai and three shuriken aimed at my left leg."

They might be able to feel an opponent's sense of frustration/anger/bloodlust. They cannot feel a single fist shaking in their direction. It's too specific.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 09:39   Link #1088
kimimaru_angel
xx_anime-gal_xx

Send a message via MSN to kimimaru_angel
i would hav the byakugan
kimimaru_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 00:46   Link #1089
tkdtiger

Just because you can't see a change in the byakugan doesn't mean it doesn't have levels. Infact the byakugan imo does have levels. You have the regular byakugan that's their normal eyes then you have the activated byakugan, but then the third level is that you can see the tenketsu points on an individual. We don't know if their is another level, but from what I can tell it seems that Kish. loves to have things in 3's...It's possible that the byakugan always slightly activated. Wasn't it said that the Hyuuga clan was the strongest clan in Konoha? Neji out of the Hyuuga has the most potential in advancing the Byakugan if there was another level to it since he inherited that gift stronger then any hyuuga clan member.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 02:11   Link #1090
Hage-bai
Banned

The Sharingan may definetly be superior in many ways (but definetly not all). It's a shame Itachi destroyed the Uchihas and Sasuke committed treason. I would like to have seen more competition between the Hyuuga clan and the Uchihas.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 03:54   Link #1091
Wrath of the Uchiha

I doubt we'll see more of the Byakugan, it doesn't have much purpose plotwise, right now Kishi is making out Sharingan to be the best thing since sliced bread :/
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 11:36   Link #1092
tkdtiger

Nah I think plot wise theres still alot for the byakugan, but I think it will be towards the end of the series. Theres still the rivalry between the uchiha's and hyuuga I mean there are still 2 that exists and I think theres still more that Hinata atleasts wants to prove. Not to mention there appears to be a rivalry between Gai and Kisame and one of Gai's student is a Hyuuga.
Old 2006-09-15, 11:39   Link #1093
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
Nah I think plot wise theres still alot for the byakugan, but I think it will be towards the end of the series. Theres still the rivalry between the uchiha's and hyuuga I mean there are still 2 that exists and I think theres still more that Hinata atleasts wants to prove. Not to mention there appears to be a rivalry between Gai and Kisame and one of Gai's student is a Hyuuga.
Such Rivalry (if it does exist), was created by the fans not the author.

Each time Naruto gets upgraded with new abilities, the less, -plot wise-, it will be for the Hyuga to have a noticeable upgrade to equal the Uchihas.
Old 2006-09-15, 11:42   Link #1094
tkdtiger

As I recalled it was said that the Hyuuga thought the Sharingan was inferior to the Byakugan, but it's been a while since I went that far back, but I do think I remember that there was a hint of a rivalry between the two clan's .
Old 2006-09-15, 11:50   Link #1095
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
As I recalled it was said that the Hyuuga thought the Sharingan was inferior to the Byakugan, but it's been a while since I went that far back, but I do think I remember that there was a hint of a rivalry between the two clan's .
Such thing was not said, the closest I could think of is:

Ten Ten: Wondering which is stronger, Huyga Neji (the top rookie from a year before) or Sasuke (theTop Rookie of the current year).

Kakashi: The Hyugas are the noblest Konoha clan.

Kakshi: The Byakugan has better insight than the Sharingan.

Hiashi : The Hyugas are the strongest.
Old 2006-09-15, 11:53   Link #1096
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Such thing was not said, the closest I could think of is:

Ten Ten: Wondering which is stronger, Huyga Neji (the top rookie from a year before) or Sasuke (theTop Rookie of the current year).

Kakashi: The Hyugas are the noblest Konoha clan.

Kakshi: The Byakugan has better insight than the Sharingan.

Hiashi : The Hyugas are the strongest.
Your right I looked back : ) althought it still appears that there might be an encounter between a Hyuuga and a Uchiha to me as Hiashi does state that the Hyuga's are the strongest, but your right that's just a fan's speculation ; )
Old 2006-09-18, 06:52   Link #1097
ri0

Hiashi was reffering to the present... I too think that there's no other Clan that could take on Hyuuga. But what if we go back 10 years in time?
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 07:33   Link #1098
Ichimaru

what i wanna know is, why has there been no other attempts to kidnap a byukugan?? since konoha is low on numbers
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 16:01   Link #1099
Rurik
Golden

Talk About better late than never.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
what i wanna know is, why has there been no other attempts to kidnap a byukugan?? since konoha is low on numbers
Koonoha might be low un Number, but someone trying to Kidnap a member of the Huyga Family is practically declaration of war, given the 5 countries peace treaty, I really doubt they could try it again, given Sand could give Konoha Aid in the war.

Remember that The Guys who tried to Kidnapped Hinata try to do it in secret and that Konoha was willing to Sacrifice a Shinoby just to keep the peace.

Just a wild guess.
Old 2006-10-19, 19:13   Link #1100
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Hiashi was reffering to the present... I too think that there's no other Clan that could take on Hyuuga. But what if we go back 10 years in time?
Nah I don't nec. think he was refering to the present I think he's basing it on his own opinon and prob. is based on clan pride.