AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-01, 18:07   Link #4821
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They usually make an initial cannon near the forge and has the probe retreat behind it, so that won't work.

They'll have more cannons than you will army strength. I did rush to get Immortals one time when I noticed a pylon outside my base with a forge and cannon on the way, but it was a little too late.
Sho means the moment you see that pylon go up, pull a few workers off your mineral line and attack the pylon (and if you can, surround the probe and kill it as well) while you continue to tech up; since I remember you saying you play Toss, use Chrono Boost to account for the workers you pulled off the line. No pylon, no forge. No forge, no cannons. No cannons = your opponent is SoL because he/she spent 250+ minerals into an investment without an army to back themselves up.

Edit:
Well... got ninja'd by 3 people.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 18:41   Link #4822
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They usually make an initial cannon near the forge and has the probe retreat behind it, so that won't work.

They'll have more cannons than you will army strength. I did rush to get Immortals one time when I noticed a pylon outside my base with a forge and cannon on the way, but it was a little too late.
That's why I said keep a token force to keep pressure on the opponent so that he can continue making cannons. Force him to keep building plyons and cannons to get the advantage over you. Do not let him even pause for a bit.

Even if he makes some sort of defense at his base it'll be minimal compared to what he's doing in your base.

The last toss player to do this to me only had a small force of zealots and a cannon and that fell easily to my force of marines and marauders. By that point he had like 16 cannons in my base and I kept microing my marines to keep attacking them.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 18:51   Link #4823
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Since I know you guys love cheese strategies.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/8...defined;markup

I played too many games and got my 5 straight cannon rush wins with archon deleted, so I'd post of them if I could, but here's gate proxy I just played . In fact, I'm not the only player on my team who did it.

Again... Scouting is important!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 21:18   Link #4824
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

To prevent a cannon rush, you can always just scout and get rid of the probe with ease. If you are Terran, you can fly your structures somewhere else not in range of the cannons. Then build up a force and rush his/her base. Thats how I usually do it
Old 2010-10-01, 21:35   Link #4825
Who

Hey Zerg players. Guess what. Your favorite Fruitseller is in the GSL finals against Rainbow. To cheer him on:

Old 2010-10-02, 02:50   Link #4826
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Hey Zerg players. Guess what. Your favorite Fruitseller is in the GSL finals against Rainbow. To cheer him on:

The little queen stands proud for once. She's so adorable X3.

I haven't play SC2 for five days (read: Play Civilization V) and seems almost my SC2 skill left my body :P What I feel after play SC2 again:

- My hands are stiff. I don't know why but my multitasking skill drops like a lead ball (although physic wise, it drops at the same speed as other types of balls :P). My money skyrocket to 1000 in 3-4 first games and I cant' really macro to my satisfaction.

- My decision making got worse (read: suicide MM army up the Protoss's ram for example). It seems I don't know how to react to certain situation anymore...

Wow, 5 days of not playing SC2 does really make a different...

Oh and after playing Civ 5, I realize that SC2 makes me heart pumps so hard every time I play, lol.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.

Last edited by Alaya; 2010-10-02 at 03:12.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 04:18   Link #4827
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Had a bit of fun with the Galaxy Editor last night, in particular messing with the In Utter Darkness map and just see what kind of base configuration wouldn't just collapse like a house of cards if you mess up just a little bit. I have to say, dropping in the Hyperion into the map with some SCVs leads to all sorts of fun (360-degree splash attack, and a 0-recharge 0 energy Yamato gun that does 400 BLAST damage? Yes please), ditto with the Purifier (who knew that outside of Safe Haven, it really WAS invulnerable?).

That said, I'm not sure if it was due to the Galaxy Editor or not (and aside from adding structures and terran units, I don't recall messing with the actual unit stats or abilities), but apparently SCVs can repair Protoss mechanical units. I discovered it pretty much by accident, when one of the Void Rays I built, damaged and with little life left, drifted too close to an idle SCV, which quickly went about repairing it back to full health -- even the shields!
Old 2010-10-02, 04:22   Link #4828
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Had a bit of fun with the Galaxy Editor last night, in particular messing with the In Utter Darkness map and just see what kind of base configuration wouldn't just collapse like a house of cards if you mess up just a little bit. I have to say, dropping in the Hyperion into the map with some SCVs leads to all sorts of fun (360-degree splash attack, and a 0-recharge 0 energy Yamato gun that does 400 BLAST damage? Yes please), ditto with the Purifier (who knew that outside of Safe Haven, it really WAS invulnerable?).
Wait, you can access the campaign missions with the Galaxy Editor? Where are the missions kept?

Also, if you want super units, try the Void Seeker: 200 damage rapid fire attack can rip units a new one quickly.

Quote:
That said, I'm not sure if it was due to the Galaxy Editor or not (and aside from adding structures and terran units, I don't recall messing with the actual unit stats or abilities), but apparently SCVs can repair Protoss mechanical units. I discovered it pretty much by accident, when one of the Void Rays I built, damaged and with little life left, drifted too close to an idle SCV, which quickly went about repairing it back to full health -- even the shields!
The repair feature is a part of the game, which means in team play, a Protoss allying with a Terran player is a good idea. Actually had a co-op game once where I was responsible for fixing my allies' Mothership, made it last the whole game despite heavy opposition

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 09:08   Link #4829
Alaya
Counter Force

Spoiler for GSL Winner:

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 09:29   Link #4830
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That's why I said keep a token force to keep pressure on the opponent so that he can continue making cannons. Force him to keep building plyons and cannons to get the advantage over you. Do not let him even pause for a bit.

Even if he makes some sort of defense at his base it'll be minimal compared to what he's doing in your base.

The last toss player to do this to me only had a small force of zealots and a cannon and that fell easily to my force of marines and marauders. By that point he had like 16 cannons in my base and I kept microing my marines to keep attacking them.
16 cannons in your base and he didn't win ? lol that guy suxx
If you can give the replay to see his "Cannon rush" .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 09:34   Link #4831
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Me i need a new mat My mouse is too slow to move on my desk ... so i have to use 2x strength and then my hand hurt after 1h game no stop clicking ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Use a cutting mat as a mousepad. Those plastic-latex ones with "anti-slip" backs.
I found an easier way to deal with it .
I just use a spray for furniture on my desk and guess what , my mouse move like if there was a decent mousepad below
Now i know what to do
Old 2010-10-02, 10:31   Link #4832
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The best prevention is scouting.
I second that.

I play 3v3 with a couple of friends. We started off really good. I think we had a 7 game win streak and ended up 1st in our division or league(bronze). But lately we've been on a horrible losing streak. We keep getting paired up with Diamond and Platinum players, who we cant even compete with. I just wish they would make it so we would play against players with similar skill or class.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 10:33   Link #4833
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Spoiler for GSL Winner:
Yup, congrats!

I actually woke up late, by like 40 minutes and missed the first game. I was so annoyed with myself.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:30   Link #4834
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Morita View Post
I second that.

I play 3v3 with a couple of friends. We started off really good. I think we had a 7 game win streak and ended up 1st in our division or league(bronze). But lately we've been on a horrible losing streak. We keep getting paired up with Diamond and Platinum players, who we cant even compete with. I just wish they would make it so we would play against players with similar skill or class.
See it as a opportunity to learn from them, watch replays and learn from your mistakes What kind of strategy do you use as a team? Cheese? or simply being outmacroed?

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 12:37   Link #4835
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Today i learned something , never let your base getting killed while you're killing an enemy base too in 2v2 Random T (me) + P vs P + P . Cuz you have to depend on your ally after , mine was a random player and damn his micro was horrible compared to the other protoss . . That was my mistake ...
Old 2010-10-02, 16:03   Link #4836
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Okay, I haven't posted a 1v1 replay in awhile.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ch8688f3c6sj46

So, basically this protoss guy built up 3 bases, and I had 1 and still won. Is terran OP? You be the judge. I feel he just blew it personally.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 16:49   Link #4837
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Morita View Post
I second that.

So your in the bronze league... But up against Diamond or Platinum players? That is just awkward...
Old 2010-10-02, 18:02   Link #4838
paladinenvec

Quote:

So, basically this protoss guy built up 3 bases, and I had 1 and still won. Is terran OP? You be the judge. I feel he just blew it personally.
Well you just played better than him imo...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 18:29   Link #4839
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So your in the bronze league... But up against Diamond or Platinum players? That is just awkward...
The bigger your streak, the more difficult of an opponent that the matchmaking system puts you up against. Although it's a bit strange because after I won my third 1v1 in a row, it pitted me against a Platinum and I was sure that after I won, it would send me against a Diamond and I didn't want that.
Old 2010-10-02, 19:01   Link #4840
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

I call bull on that.

He just sucked.

Any toss player that is able to build 3 bases up should've been able to overwhelm through macro and numbers.

I've been practicing with random diamond players on custom maps (So it would affect my league) and they just destroy me utterly.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows