AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-22, 12:23   Link #1561
tsunade666

Fan service episode?
Old 2014-02-22, 12:48   Link #1562
Breimoon

this episode fan service images are really nice!!
Spoiler for NSFW:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 12:48   Link #1563
whitecloud

Just thinking....is dark oath grimoire is something like gungnir? and is aya want to go to pure world? The one where there is no supernatural power?
Old 2014-02-22, 12:58   Link #1564
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Just thinking....is dark oath grimoire is something like gungnir? and is aya want to go to pure world? The one where there is no supernatural power?
Aya's power was answered last page. It looks like her power is more like Imagine Breaker in wide spread area and much stronger negating power.

It negates super natural power/magic.
Old 2014-02-22, 13:15   Link #1565
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Speaking of plot threads, Aya said something pretty interesting before her demise: "that the world was created in 5 minutes by a single thought from someone" or something like that. I wonder if that has any relevance to the Primogenitors or what Kanon's uncle said back at the end of 3 arc...
She was talking about the five minute hypothesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Not exactly, but it is similar, in a sense that both of them serve as external tools to perform Hax. Pure world? What's that? Are you referring to the pure world in To Aru? If so, then please don't. This is not To aru, it's Strike the Blood, hence it has different world settings.

Aya was trying to reconstruct the world to her liking, and all that stuff she said about Magic and whatnot was just her babbling on. If you watch the episode more carefully, she, herself, admitted that with the "five-minute hypothesis."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Aya's power was answered last page. It looks like her power is more like Imagine Breaker in wide spread area and much stronger negating power.

It negates super natural power/magic.

Her real power is to recreate the world, in other words reality warping.

Last edited by Ougon; 2014-02-25 at 07:28.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 13:17   Link #1566
AceTrigger

For an ecchi/harem anime, I'm surprised we haven't gotten a beach/pool/swimsuits episode yet.
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 13:17   Link #1567
Miraluka
Banned

Now I can see why people likes Sayaka this much .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 20:07   Link #1568
Valky
Radioactive

Honestly, it's a bit lacking in terms of fighting and character development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
If this ever gets a second season, I seriously hope that it'll get a better budget. These scenes were all sloppy.
I second this.
Old 2014-02-22, 20:36   Link #1569
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Honestly, it's a bit lacking in terms of fighting and character development.

I second this.
Exactly my problem with this anime, I wish it would make be believe in how fast everything is happening but it comes out as sloppy storytelling, don't know if the LN has better pacing. Also did anyone notice that a few episodes ago the criminals where so strong even Vatler and Astarte had a tough time fighting some of them and on the latest episode they don't last even 10 sec? The power scaling in this series is iffy at best.
Old 2014-02-22, 21:29   Link #1570
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Tweet from Mikumo: It's not like the resurrected criminals were actually weak, but that, if the Kenjuu of the Fourth Primogenitor ran amok for real then even if those escapees crowd together to attack, they wouldn't be able to do anything. The Fourth Primogenitor is, in reality, strong.

The reason Kojou "appears" to be weak is because his enemies, and other guys are always being protected by plot armor, the opposite of the usual cases, where protag is the one to be protected by plot armors.
Old 2014-02-22, 21:30   Link #1571
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Goddammit, why am I so hooked to this crap?
The story is full of plotholes, the behavior of the characters is completely nonsensical, the superpowers are pretty much random deus ex machina that get taken out when the plot requires it and then forgotten, and the whole thing just seems like a bad mix of many good anime (Nanoha and To Aru are the ones coming to mind, but there are many more. NOTHING in this anime is original) with stupid harem cliches thrown in for good measure...

Only good things: music (I LOVE THE OP!) and the loli teacher/superpowered void mage (my fetish).

Yet I watched 12 episodes straight today and will catch up with the current airing by tomorrow...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 21:35   Link #1572
tsunade666

nanoha? of all the anime I watch. I can't imagine StB the same as Nanoha or has the same elements as Nanoha. I remember Nanoha much as zenryoku zenkai . I can compare it more to campione with the silly fan service.
Old 2014-02-22, 21:43   Link #1573
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
nanoha? of all the anime I watch. I can't imagine StB the same as Nanoha or has the same elements as Nanoha. I remember Nanoha much as zenryoku zenkai . I can compare it more to campione with the silly fan service.
Well, the devices, the magical circles, the goddamn sword that becomes a bow (...) and other things.
It definitely has many different elements from many different animes.

Oh, side note: the incantations are ridiculous...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 21:50   Link #1574
Vaans
NEET

Kojou should have punch Aya.

for gender equality. lol

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 21:52   Link #1575
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Well, the devices, the magical circles, the goddamn sword that becomes a bow (...) and other things.

Oh, side note: the incantations are ridiculous...
Ehh, but with that you're digging holes for other animes, too, you know.....
Old 2014-02-22, 23:11   Link #1576
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
Kojou should have punch Aya.

for gender equality. lol
No, only the Touman's punch works like that, Kojou should stick to biting them, it's seems to be working for him, now if only Himeragi did like Index and disappeared into the background only coming up for air when relevant (which sadly in this anime they seem to be centering everything around her starting with this ep.) then maybe we could start liking her again.

I still think a TAMNI/NT, StB and Mahouka crossover would be awesome and no I don't want a fan-fic, I wants a non-canon movie.
Old 2014-02-23, 00:02   Link #1577
Frontier

I found the conclusion to the Tokoyogi Aya arc to be quite enjoyable.

Finally, a new Familiar! And I have to say, while I don't have any real idea what it is, I thought Familiar # 4 looked pretty darn cool. What Natra-Cineraus does exactly was also a little vague, but I get the sense that it's less of a direct offensive Familiar like the others and more a healing type, which was why it immediately activated after Kojou was wounded. It also evokes the classic vampire mist, which was nifty, and that somehow effected the environment and put a hold on the island falling.

Speaking of Familiars, it was pretty cool to see Kojou bring out all the ones he's already unlocked against Aya. I was afraid that the other Familiars would just get forgotten about after they've appeared and Kojou would just spam Regulus Aurum, so it's nice to see him making good use out of all of them now that they're under his control .

I know people usually complain about the action on the show, but while it may not compare to how their described in the books, I certainly still find them fun to watch. The fight between Aya and Kojou/Yukina was no exception .

Sayaka was surprisingly quite daring in this episode, stripping and offering herself up to Kojou to help him and possibly, to some degree, act on her own feelings for him. And then Yuuma came in and made it even bett... I mean worse .

Yukina also got some good moments in this episode, from not falling prey to Aya's illusions and crazy philosophy, and ultimately being the one who brought the witch down. I also thought that scene between her and Sayaka where she figured out what had happened between her and Kojou was pretty hilarious .

It was nice getting to hear Natsuki's natural voice, and I kinda prefer it over her more mature one that she uses for her projection self. Still, at least she didn't die in this arc, so that's a major positive.

Evidently, Yuuma isn't going to get off scott free for her actions in this arc, which while sad is also understandable after everything she inadvertently caused. At least she got one last kiss with Kojou before she left, and gave Yukina a little declaration of war .

Though poor Sayaka. She gets all the lewd scenes but no kisses .

Yukina's "confession" was nice, and if the preview for the next arc is any indication, is going to get more Dere than usual with Kojou. I'm quite interested in seeing how the pair's relationship develops from here, and I certainly wouldn't be adverse to a more proper confession in the near future.

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-03-25 at 13:03.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 00:29   Link #1578
ginger02

Who was the new girl with the glasses? And at the end, who was that girl with the short brown hair with the rest of the gang?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 00:32   Link #1579
Frontier

Paper Noise has been in the series since the first arc, she's just appeared sporadically. She also works with the Lion King Organization.

I think the girl at the end was Kojou's other female classmate, who ships him and Asagi and has appeared even more sporadically then Paper Noise I believe .
Old 2014-02-23, 02:32   Link #1580
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Plus, the way Kojou getting new familiars one-by-one also heavily reminds me of Flame of Recca, in which the MC acquires new flame dragons as the series goes until he completed all the eight dragons. But since Recca isn’t a fanservice show, it can give better characterization to the dragons, unlike Kojou’s familiars .

Tags
supernatural, vampires