Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-04, 10:32   Link #41
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
*Sigh*

I'm well aware that GV did not sub Cha-Cha.
Groupe Virelai did sub Akazukin Chacha:

http://darkstar.bast.net/virelai/anime/projects.html

Arctic fansubbed Chacha when it was being broadcasted in Japan, using "from broadcast" video. Later they redid the thing with LD source.

When Chacha was released on DVD, Groupe Virelai decided to redo the series, using DVD video source and upgraded translations.

In their own words (http://darkstar.bast.net/virelai/anime/projects.html):

"Akazukin Chacha TV series & OAV
[Groupe Virelai partial retranslation]

This is primarily a remastering effort, to create high-quality fansubs for club showings. Episodes 1-16 are based on Nyanko House scripts based on Arctic Scripts, 17-23, 25-26 on Studio Banzai scripts based on Arctic Scripts, and 24,27-74 directly on Arctic Scripts. In addition, we partially retranslated the series.

Chacha was released in episode chunks paralleling the Japanese DVD release. Thus, the seventh tape has only two episodes, but all others have four".

For anyone interested in getting it on tape, Sachi is distributing the Groupe Virelai version.

Groupe Virelai finished Magical Circle Guru Guru not long ago (DVD fansubs). I'd like to know if they intend to continue fansubbing or will give up on it.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 10:47   Link #42
dee
dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Groupe Virelai did sub Akazukin Chacha:

http://darkstar.bast.net/virelai/anime/projects.html

Arctic fansubbed Chacha when it was being broadcasted in Japan, using "from broadcast" video. Later they redid the thing with LD source.

When Chacha was released on DVD, Groupe Virelai decided to redo the series, using DVD video source and upgraded translations.

In their own words (http://darkstar.bast.net/virelai/anime/projects.html):

"Akazukin Chacha TV series & OAV
[Groupe Virelai partial retranslation]

This is primarily a remastering effort, to create high-quality fansubs for club showings. Episodes 1-16 are based on Nyanko House scripts based on Arctic Scripts, 17-23, 25-26 on Studio Banzai scripts based on Arctic Scripts, and 24,27-74 directly on Arctic Scripts. In addition, we partially retranslated the series.

Chacha was released in episode chunks paralleling the Japanese DVD release. Thus, the seventh tape has only two episodes, but all others have four".

For anyone interested in getting it on tape, Sachi is distributing the Groupe Virelai version.

Groupe Virelai finished Magical Circle Guru Guru not long ago (DVD fansubs). I'd like to know if they intend to continue fansubbing or will give up on it.
Overall, this has been said... being that some series were scarce, it wasn't surprising that a few series were from "broadcast" sources and subbed by different groups. Anyhow, I recently spoke to one of the members to see if they wanted to do another project, but one of the members said they were working on some project. I didn't ask and they didn't tell. Sorry...

...and I know that GV subbed Cha-Cha, but as you read, it's was a response regarding AA's timeline. Anyway, this was my first response, due to laziness, I just didn't link it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
The majority of fansubbing back then was excellent. Check out GV's DVD version of Mahoujin Guru-Guru. ^_^

Due to Artic Animation's "Who Cares" method, several titles were redone by different groups. The most famous was the retranslation of Maison Ikkoku done by NT Anime. It even better than Viz's "professional" version.

Last edited by dee; 2004-04-04 at 21:04.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 09:39   Link #43
rogleader

Forgive me for posting this on the thread, but I have a great concern...

Anyone who has finished d/ling it and is watching it please help me.

I'm d/ling the huge batch torrent now. I believe the latest versions of BT d/l the file from beginning to end instead of random chunks so that individual files in the batch are completed in sequence - tell me if I'm wrong here.

So I tried opening the first file after it finished (around 111 mb) and it refuses to play. I receive error messages from BSPlayer and WMPlayer9. Is there some codec its encoded in that I do not have, or is my d/l corrupted?
rogleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 10:07   Link #44
wuliao

I think BT still download the files in random chunk. I believe you are using incremental download, the first file with the correct size doesn't mena that it is complete. It is just the way with incremental download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogleader
Forgive me for posting this on the thread, but I have a great concern...

Anyone who has finished d/ling it and is watching it please help me.

I'm d/ling the huge batch torrent now. I believe the latest versions of BT d/l the file from beginning to end instead of random chunks so that individual files in the batch are completed in sequence - tell me if I'm wrong here.

So I tried opening the first file after it finished (around 111 mb) and it refuses to play. I receive error messages from BSPlayer and WMPlayer9. Is there some codec its encoded in that I do not have, or is my d/l corrupted?
wuliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 11:58   Link #45
warnold
nerfelwap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogleader
"You're wrong"

The BT protocol demands that the download be in random order for the process to work at all. If it was ordered then the efficiency of the torrent would decline severly. The change in the later versions of BT was to allocate disk space slowly, and then move the chunks to their final location as things progress.

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 14:07   Link #46
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Woo woo! I finished downloading after 4 days! ^_^
Even better, the the files work!

There was a small scare that the sound was busted, instead the audio was recorded real low. Whew!

I'll seed this torrent for a while. Cleaning up my hard disks for this anime let me find more than 9 gb of unused files, so I have enough space to get the other animes I've been putting off downloading for ChaCha.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 21:15   Link #47
Kempis Curious

Quick question,

I've watched up to ep 9, will Riiya ever go "grrrrr" again? It seems like he only did that in the first episode and it was so cute. ^_^

-k

curious
Old 2004-04-17, 11:26   Link #48
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
um...just wondering, anyone has trouble playing eps 51?
I tried a couple of diffrent players but it just won't play =_=
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 12:23   Link #49
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Quick question,

I've watched up to ep 9, will Riiya ever go "grrrrr" again? It seems like he only did that in the first episode and it was so cute. ^_^

-k

curious

xD

I agree, that was a cute little moment . i only watched the first episodes, but i was really hoping he would do it again in the second one.
Old 2004-04-17, 20:49   Link #50
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo
um...just wondering, anyone has trouble playing eps 51?
I tried a couple of diffrent players but it just won't play =_=
I tried opening the file with G-Spot after reading your post and the file is short a few bytes. I checked my entire download and it read 100% again. Actually #46 and #51 are truncated but the rest are all OK.

edit: I was able to patch these up with DivFix and play them. Just rebuild the index (there's a button for it)and the files should work.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-17 at 21:56.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 21:52   Link #51
Ootsuki_Noa

Unhappy Question

Quote:
Woo woo! I finished downloading after 4 days! ^_^
Even better, the the files work!

There was a small scare that the sound was busted, instead the audio was recorded real low. Whew!

I'll seed this torrent for a while. Cleaning up my hard disks for this anime let me find more than 9 gb of unused files, so I have enough space to get the other animes I've been putting off downloading for ChaCha.

-k
Hi, just wondering, what program did you use to Downlaod it? I used Shareaza and even though it reached 100%, it won't play in anything. K thanks =)
Ootsuki_Noa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 03:57   Link #52
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I am almost done watching this entire series. I wonder why I was not interested in seeing this before. I remember watching the first episode and not being very impressed. Maybe I thought it was too long.

I really liked the beginning and end cycles (the ones that revolve around the school). It was nice to get back to hanging out with the characters in the last 20 episodes. The snappy patter and lightning-quick sight gags really make the show for me.

The RPG-type thing in the middle was OK too, but the transformation scene gets damn long. Having the show kind of loop back after the last big battle is a weird way to do things but it works pretty well. I am just glad it's not 74 episodes of magical girl fights.

The music picks up at the end too. I noticed all kinds of parodies of theme songs from movies and things going on - and I never knew about the 2nd ED with Masami Okui singing on it, that was a treat.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also want to mention that episodes 71 and 72 have some bad frames. If you go to this page and do exactly what they tell you, you can do a nice job patching it up. Otherwise you have to mess around with the slider bar to sneak past the bad frames, which I hate to do. This is a different problem from the one I mentioned about two other episodes, so it requires a different repair job.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-05-07 at 06:11.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 17:02   Link #53
Itlandm
Porcupine

Heh. I did not know Azureus could download single episodes, so I got it all just based on watching an OVA. I see it is still well seeded, so I guess no worry as long as the tracker stays up. Besides, I have no plans to erase it from my disk for the foreseeable future. I have a 250GB disk dedicated to fansubbed anime, and if it ever goes full I'll probably add another. But if I remove fansubs from the disk when they get licensed, it frees up space almost as fast as it fills up. There has really been a wave of licensing lately.

Also I love the music in this anime. It is worth getting an episode just for the intro and end songs, even if you're not into this kind of anime. In my opinion, at least. And the holy-up theme does a lot to compensate for the long cheesy transformation sequence. ^_^
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 14:59   Link #54
Taoku
Ore Futatabi Sanjou

Akazukin ChaCha

I notice this is the only file on the whole website that nobody has downloaded.How come?
Taoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 19:35   Link #55
Dan_attacker

Anyone watching those new DVD fansubs? I decided to finish watching this series since they've been released. Been watching about 6 episodes a night, currently on episode 29...
Dan_attacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 20:05   Link #56
ECFNW

I watched this series on Cartoon Network Asia before and it was hilarious.
The english dub was really good too.
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 20:23   Link #57
Dan_attacker

Yeah, this series is great so far! I learned about this show back in 2001 after watching the intro to the Akazukin Chacha game for PC-FX. Also, the OAV is cute, hilarious, and the animation is great! I also have some of the original manga, but I can't read most of it. It kinda weird how the OAV and the manga don't have the holy up transformation. They probably added it just to take up time...
Dan_attacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 21:43   Link #58
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoku
I notice this is the only file on the whole website that nobody has downloaded.How come?
In my case I've already downloaded the entire series when the big BIG batch torrent was released last year, or the year before (I forget when, exactly). It was my first multi-gigabyte torrent! Also, a lot of other people watched this when they were younger... though it seems like youngsters in Asian-Pacific countries got to see it.

I really liked ACC the first time I saw it... tons of cute, funny, sassy characters, and higher quality hand-drawn art which we old otakus love... but the storyline doesn't have enough depth for me to download and watch it a second time. However, I'd definately encourage anyone who hasn't watched it to download it... it's fairly high up on the Kempis Curious List of Good Anime.

-k

curious
Old 2006-03-22, 02:00   Link #59
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I really liked ACC the first time I saw it... tons of cute, funny, sassy characters, and higher quality hand-drawn art which we old otakus love... but the storyline doesn't have enough depth for me to download and watch it a second time.
Heh. You said "Depth." Hee-hee. Just seeing someone use that word in conjunction with Cha-cha sends me into the giggles. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first season of this show (though the second was rather vapid), it's just that "depth" heh isn't the reason that this show is enjoyable.

If you need depth hee-hee to fully enjoy a show, why did you bother seeing this one all the way through, the first time? I think it has enough raw cuteness to be worth seeing again. After all, it isn't as though the plotline was surprising or thought provoking enough that you'll feel it was spoiled by knowing how it turns out.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 04:01   Link #60
mamo-chan
Fansubber

Screw BT, i'll just get the VHS fansubs off of a local fansub distro in my city >_>;
...and yes, I love tapes dammit! :P
mamo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote