AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 08:35   Link #241
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
This forum has a very strict policy against versus threads, so even for simulation purposes we cant ' x ' character VS ' y 'character . But you could create a thread regarding general power level of female characters but after a few weeks

Reason being

Spoiler for manga:
OK, a rewrite...no problem.... will continue to work on it and resubmit .... As always your my Hero....
Le_Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 17:53   Link #242
Lordfujin

I missed the entire Arc that just played (along with many other people on this forum I believe.) Since the arch is officially over would you ladies and gents be able to add a thread either having a poll rating the arc or a synopsis of the arc?

Thanks in advanced,
Steve
Lordfujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 00:05   Link #243
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

If you are talking about Amagai arc we already have a thread to discus this arc . You could very well use this arc to share your thoughts on this arc.

* "The New Captain Amagai Shusuke arc" WTF? When is this? Did we escape Hueco Mundo?

Regarding a poll I personally dont think it required . Reason being 90% of the viewers (myself included) are not enough in a position to rate the arc . As many different aspects go into rating an arc . And more importantly, as this arc was anime original majority of viewers will rate it negatively without judging the contents . Nothing constructive will come out of this exercise.
Old 2008-10-20, 01:39   Link #244
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Regarding a poll I personally dont think it required . Reason being 90% of the viewers (myself included) are not enough in a position to rate the arc . As many different aspects go into rating an arc . And more importantly, as this arc was anime original majority of viewers will rate it negatively without judging the contents . Nothing constructive will come out of this exercise.
Agreed! There are certain sub-forums have, unfortunately, demonstrated that a lot of fans aren't very.... <how shall I put it delicately.. ah yes..> good evaluators. As a result, polling option discontinued from threads such as the weekly episode discussion threads. If fans really want to discuss a subject, then they will have to do with a keyboard instead of a mouse-pad.

Good call, GetaB.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 01:41   Link #245
Lordfujin

Quote:
If you are talking about Amagai arc we already have a thread to discus this arc . You could very well use this arc to share your thoughts on this arc.

* "The New Captain Amagai Shusuke arc" WTF? When is this? Did we escape Hueco Mundo?

lmao duly noted! thanks for the link btw
Lordfujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 21:44   Link #246
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Agreed! There are certain sub-forums have, unfortunately, demonstrated that a lot of fans aren't very.... <how shall I put it delicately.. ah yes..> good evaluators. As a result, polling option discontinued from threads such as the weekly episode discussion threads. If fans really want to discuss a subject, then they will have to do with a keyboard instead of a mouse-pad.

Good call, GetaB.
Thanks a zill for abandoning the poll in Naruto and Bleach section . Those mouse cliker make me angry

PX ^o^
Old 2008-10-28, 08:50   Link #247
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Spoiler for manga:
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Hellychan; 2008-10-31 at 14:45. Reason: Added spoiler tag
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 11:38   Link #248
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2008-11-01, 14:07   Link #249
Blerghovic
Meh

How about a 'character potential' thread? You could discuss interesting ways in which characters could be used for plot development/character development etc. We could even discuss a character's unfulfilled potential. What do you think?
Old 2008-11-01, 15:41   Link #250
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Character thread in this section of the forum, generally lead to an excuse for character bashing . But anyhow there are several character based threads already existent. Also broader threads can be utilized for the same purpose
Old 2008-11-05, 03:15   Link #251
Langus
Optimus Prime

Can we get a thread to discuss Rukia's origins? I'm curious what people's suggestions are for what happened to her between the time her sister dropped her off as a swaddled BABY to the time we see her as a kid running around Rukongai with Renji. Who took care of her all that time? Was Urahara already experimenting on her by then in secret?

Could be an interesting debate.
Old 2008-11-05, 05:17   Link #252
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Can we get a thread to discuss Rukia's origins? I'm curious what people's suggestions are for what happened to her between the time her sister dropped her off as a swaddled BABY to the time we see her as a kid running around Rukongai with Renji. Who took care of her all that time? Was Urahara already experimenting on her by then in secret?

Could be an interesting debate.
Seems like an interesting topic. It would help greatly help if you Elaborate on the topic and creating a good Opening Post to compliment the topic.
Old 2008-11-05, 13:47   Link #253
Langus
Optimus Prime

Sure thing!

Despite Rukia being one of the central characters of Bleach, we still know very little about her origins. In the manga we've had the Pendulum arc to help explain the past of some of Soul Society's greatest, but for Rukia we're still left scratching our heads.

Before she died, Hisana (Rukia's sister) admitted to Byakuya that she left Rukia in Rukongai as a baby because she couldn't possibly care for both of them. The next time we see Rukia, she's a street rat of about 10 years old (in appearance, at least) saving Renji and his buddies from getting the daylights beat out of them.

So the question now is, where was Rukia all that time? It's obvious that an infant can't take care of itself, so who looked after her? Is it possible that Urahara found her at that time and placed the hogyoku inside of her when she was still a baby? Why hasn't she expressed any memories about her time before she met Renji?

Just wait, I've got a little more food for thought... Let's take a look at the manga covers for another clue. (Much thanks to Bleachness on LJ for the compilation!) If you've been following along with the manga, you know by now that Kubo likes to do a different cover for each character. Their names are written a particular way in in a particular colour based on who or what he is drawing.

This is Byakuya's cover from the SS arc:

Spoiler for Space:

This is Ulquiorra's cover written in the "arrancar" script:

Spoiler for Space:

Then we move on to the Vizards who've got black AND white (most likely to reflect their dual shinigami and hollow natures):

Spoiler for Space:

And then we have Rukia.

Spoiler for Space:

Is this Kubo's way of telling us Rukia is ALSO a Vizard? It's possible, but I'm not so convinced. I think it's more to do with her questionable past. Is her name even really 'Rukia'? Based on Bleach patterns, someone had to give her that name. Hisana most likely abandoned her too young for her to remember her at all so it had to be someone else. The question now is - who was it?

My vote is on Urahara, but I'd like to hear any and all theories. (Or maybe you guys just think this is totally bunk?)
Old 2008-11-05, 15:19   Link #254
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I will skip the cover part as there is no set pattern for Vizard covers. The other Vizard Cover was Hiyori which doesn't adhere to that rule

Chapter 190 : Hiyori

Old 2008-11-05, 16:58   Link #255
Langus
Optimus Prime

Thanks I might bring it up in the topic anyway to get opinions. Hiyori's still got the light/dark theme though, same sort of deal.
Old 2008-11-18, 15:50   Link #256
lequory
People hate good theories

Waiting on Monir or any admin to put up the episode thread.
lequory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 16:45   Link #257
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Done ....
Old 2008-11-25, 08:51   Link #258
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Request For BLEACH Episode 196 Thread
Old 2008-11-25, 09:50   Link #259
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Usually Monir handles Ep Discussion threads but as he hasn't logged online since 16th I will go ahead make the thread. Here
Old 2008-11-29, 16:51   Link #260
Scarlett_Rain55

Hurt/Heal thread???
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote