AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-16, 01:58   Link #621
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Spoiler:
Tarunda. Rakukaja. Defend right before he does it. You're about 10 levels too high for this boss. The fact that the MC can survive with no preparation is evidence for this fact. It's supposed to kill you if you don't do something about it (in the form of buffs and debuffs).

Edit: Although if you're playing on expert I suppose my advice might be useless.

Spoiler for ending:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 03:36   Link #622
KOS-MOS

Quote:
Spoiler:

Edit: Not on hard mode.. I was going to start it on hard mode, but chose not too. After all, it was really tough in Episode Aegis (P3) which was equivalent to hard mode, I assume. From what I learned, none of these levels of difficulty matches Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne's. I will try to finish P4 by the end of the week and start a new cycle. Or maybe, I will just start Ar Tonelico instead but that has nothing to do with this thread.
if you maxed the Fortune S.Link (Naoto), just fuse Norn...
you'll get Debilitate (tarunda+rakunda+sukunda) from that Persona... also Garudyne+Magarudyne+Wind Boost+Wind Amp+Mind Charge...

Norn is my favourite Wind element Persona... just give her Absorb Physical & Null elec... that's profit! :3
KOS-MOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 10:04   Link #623
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
On another note, "Spacy Girl" and "Errand Boy" need some real identities.
Osaka and... and... I dunno.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 12:25   Link #624
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Lucifer was in my persona roster in P3. There are some benefits.. One is that by fusing Lucifer with the Nihil Sword got me my favorite Lucifer's Blade which has +10 to all stats, which is like 2 times the power of Nanako's Paper Armband accessory in P4. However, the weapon fusion is no longer an available feature in P4, so this isn't a good explanation.

Instead.. A better one would be that Lucifer possesses the skill "Victory Cry" which comes in handy, especially when fusing personas. With the help of Lucifer, it is now possible to have tons of personas, even weaker ones with "Victory Cry". Thanks to it, you will save tons of yen and no longer need to yield to the greedy fox again.

I like Lucifer's skill set: Brave Blade, Mind Charge, Spell Master, Repel Light, Victory Cry, and also it's natural Null Dark. Too bad that it is extremely difficult to draw the upright Magician card which actually upgrades Bufudyne to Niflheim with Ice Amp. I got Loki at Lv70 with Niflheim, Ice Amp, and Ice Boost. It does like 400 damage against the first mini-boss in the last dungeon with the aid of Mind Charge.
For me, epic 'hax' in P3 is having Lucifer with Victory Cry and Satan in the same team. And then spamming armageddon like no tomorrow. Especially hilarious in new game+ Kind of takes the fun out of combat but leaves plenty of time to deal with boosting old party members back up to fighting shape.

I heard some complaints about P4, what's the major reason why? Still planning on getting it later on, somehow someway.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 15:32   Link #625
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I finally finished it today. Really good game although didn't feel epic as P3 did, but thats probably because Persona 3 was the first that combined all that it had. I might play it again sometime later as for now I'll wait for Ar Tonelico 2.

The sense of friendship was defiantly stronger here then in the previous game but some scenes were a letdown, like that Christmas Eve was rather too short and empty and the abscence of New Year celebration kinda felt off. The ending was nice although they could have showed MC returning to Inaba after the credits, that would have been cool. Even there were some minor issues from my point of view, it is a worthy sequel indeed.
Old 2009-01-16, 16:50   Link #626
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Osaka and... and... I dunno.
Or they could grow up to be in Toradora.
Old 2009-01-19, 10:35   Link #627
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just got the game and it's awesome!

Iam not reading through the thread since I don't wanna spoil myself, not unless Iam stuck somewhere lol

Comparing it to the P3...I kinda like the main hero here more, which opposed to the other P3 characters in 3 which had great character developments through out the game, but they're all likable. Also why I dig P4 more (Well I do miss Aegis in P3), probably since it's more on the traditional horror side unlike having gun to your head. lol

Amazing game really a must buy for ANY RPG fan. P3 and P4!
Old 2009-01-19, 12:28   Link #628
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Amazing game really a must buy for ANY RPG fan. P3 and P4!
I said the same thing to few of my RPG pals that it's a must buy and they weren't pleased when they tried it. A lot of my friends didn't like it because of the dating sim inserted. I didn't know that some people can be turn off from stuff like that.
Old 2009-01-19, 13:48   Link #629
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I said the same thing to few of my RPG pals that it's a must buy and they weren't pleased when they tried it. A lot of my friends didn't like it because of the dating sim inserted. I didn't know that some people can be turn off from stuff like that.
I hate doing S. Links. I could care less about relationships between me and some old lady by the riverbed, or some emo kid, etc. I still like the game though but I just hated doing most of the S links.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 14:44   Link #630
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Those are the best parts that makes it interesting, fun and replayable!

The sim, social links and the choices you make to upgrade your character.

It's not always kill and you upgrade with a stat bonus when you level. lol
Old 2009-01-19, 15:45   Link #631
Shadow Kira01

The best thing about Persona 3 and 4 are the social links. Obviously, you don't have to do it if you enjoy grinding for hours. Having a max social link gets me skills right off fusion without the need to level it up, whereas people who don't enjoy doing so can still max out their personas the hard way.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 23:06   Link #632
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Those are the best parts that makes it interesting, fun and replayable!

The sim, social links and the choices you make to upgrade your character.

It's not always kill and you upgrade with a stat bonus when you level. lol
Not if it's characters you don't care about. I could care less about my relationship with emo guys, pedo girls, moms, etc. I just force myself to do them because I want the persona upgrade.

Most rpgs aren't just kill and level up. Most of them do have stories and side quests as well.
Old 2009-01-20, 04:04   Link #633
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
On another note, "Spacy Girl" and "Errand Boy" need some real identities.
I dunno, I found the fact that despite the lack of actual dynamic interaction, portraits, and names for the lesser NPCs, their establishment of their own 'identity and character' with so much less than 50 lines made it charming.

I had a totally smug look on my face when Moron King 2.0's obvious jealousy of me shone through my examination results.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 07:02   Link #634
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Not if it's characters you don't care about. I could care less about my relationship with emo guys, pedo girls, moms, etc. I just force myself to do them because I want the persona upgrade.

Most rpgs aren't just kill and level up. Most of them do have stories and side quests as well.

Just like Persona too, it's main side quest are the relationships of the social links for your persona upgrade in skills, it what makes a game interesting it has something REAL to it since people in real life interact. It's not just your typical rpg.

Good storyline develops even the characters you don't care about, since in persona and all rpg's you work as a team.
Old 2009-01-23, 01:53   Link #635
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Persona 4 was one of the best JRPGs I have ever played. I can't remember the last time I picked up the controller and couldn't stop until the wee hours of the morning. I can't decide if I like this better or FFX more. This is definitely waaaaay superior to Tales of the Abyss.

The bonds between the friends are well written, and you really feel like you're a part of a team tackling the challenges.

Some of the S-links are pretty shoddy though, I could care less about the emo brother, the newly wed mom, or the grieving old lady.

Man, I love this game! Time to move onto Ar Tonelico 2 maybe.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 02:43   Link #636
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
This is definitely waaaaay superior to Tales of the Abyss.
Awwwwwww! I liked Tales of the Abyss a lot more. The dialogue was way better and I was more attached to the characters. I love how there wasn't much repetitive monster grinding as well and there was a ton of enjoyable boss fights.
Old 2009-01-23, 03:51   Link #637
Shadow Kira01

During my last battle, I noticed something strange..

Spoiler:

Anybody else noticed it?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 06:02   Link #638
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lots of character model has been reused from P3. Doujima for example, is Akihiko's model.

As for comparison to Tales of the Abyss, the 'Tales of...' series seriously needs a break to how it's played. They're taking the mantra of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' a wee bit too far. As such, the lack of originality really hurts the series in my eyes, and so there's definitely a lot of other RPGs I'd rate higher than it.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 08:13   Link #639
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Something I noticed?
Spoiler:

The good thing about doing a New Game+ run, is that you notice a few things that had little or no sense in your first playthrough, but actually had implications after learning of the effects.
Spoiler:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 18:39   Link #640
solarknight123

Quote:
During my last battle, I noticed something strange..

Spoiler:

Anybody else noticed it?
Spoiler for game:

Tags
ps2