AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 08:37   Link #101
John117xCortana

Name: Edward Elric
Hair Color: Gold
Eye Color: Gold
Skin Color: White

Country of Origin: Unknown ( most likely Germany due to his accent )
Personality: A quiet type person, he prefers to let his actions speak for him. Spends most of his time reading books than starting conversations. Also genuinely cares for others, but he prefers not to show it. Is mostly polite to people around him but won't hesitate to use his fists to get the point across. Doesn't have many friends.

Biography: Some of his origins remain a mystery but what is known is that he is an orphan who lost his right arm and left leg at a young age ( how he lost them remians a mystery) , spent the majority of his life in an orphanage. Often teased and picked on by the others because of his matching hair color and eyes and his missing limbs. He is adopted by Trisha Elric Hohenhiem and Van Hohenhiem when he was 10 years old. Gained an interest in IS technology when he was 12 and continues to study it with his mother helping him from time to time ( she's an IS researcher who often tries out her own works ). They currently live in Japan.

Notable Physical Traits: Has several scars on his back, the most notable one is a bear claw mark. Has composite material prosthetic left leg and right arm. Prefers to wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts and gloves to hide his scars and the fact that he has prosthetic limbs.

Unit Type: Infinite Stratos
Unit Name: Night Fury
Unit Paint Scheme: Black.
Manufacturer: In house
Storage Mode: Silver pocketwatch

Weapons: x1 "Mobius" Variable Output Assault Rifle, x2 "Raptor" Energy Saber, x2 "Thor" Helical Railguns, 1x plasma bazooka

Unit History: IS Core No. 77. The pet project of Trisha and Van Hohenhiem. The Night Fury boasts high mobility and features large thrusters mounted in a wing-like arrangement on its back. Sporting multiple vernier thrusters throughout its frame, the unit is capable of achieving precise movements and high speeds. The Night Fury can out run and out manuever compared to other IS even in it's 'factory' settings. Still in prototype stage and is incomplete. Most test pilots could not handle the Night Fury and many end up in hospitals due to injuries sustained during live tests ( herself included ) due to the incomplete inertia dampener ( they have problems trying to make it work on the Night Fury because of it's sheer power in speed, acceleration, reaction times and agility ). For some unknown reason it responded and accepts Edward. Fearing for his life Trisha pulled some strings and placed him into the IS Academy. Unlike most IS the Night Fury's frame covers the entire body and has a helmet with a retractable visor.

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2011-02-08 at 08:55.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 09:28   Link #102
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Thumbs up

To Terminator and Babylon:

I confess I am both flattered and bemused that my stuff is somehow or another the unofficially accepted Shadow Mirror (Gasp!) universe around here. But Kamen Rider Decade? Seriously? ...Well, that could be interesting, and since you ARE giving me a blank check here, I guess I am part of the Endless Frontier. ...You realize I will be featuring some insanely badass femme fatales, whose presence alone would make canon implode from shear AWESOME-ness.

Can you imagine how badly the likes of Anemone, Cynthia Lane, Revy, Roberta, Balalaika, Juliana Everhart, The Azure Witch, and vis-a-vis would dominate the scene? Phew. Chifuyu was damn lucky that at her Mondo Grosso, either the ladies were ineligible to compete or they were occupied with something else more monetarily worth their while at the time.
Old 2011-02-08, 09:41   Link #103
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Spoiler for Philippine Representation 1:

Only time would tell how this will add up.
Awful lot of details for a personal unit... while lacking stuff on the pilot. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE SUBSCRIBED TO STRATOMAG FOR! I WANT MY IS GIRLS!!

*is stabbed with another rainbow*

But anyways, I like this VF IS. Too bad you rejected [Shooting Star] membership. Chao Hokusui would've loved to have a wingmate when transformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Read my char bio carefully, his mecha is another IS, a higly retrofitted version of the Core N.98.
I've made no shoutouts to armored core (Because I believe that AC is in a universe of it's own. NO MEDDLING AC with other universes...), and am planning to stay on the "canon world" path, because interdimensional telportation and invasions from the mirror universe all belong to A.C.E's job... not mine.

Currently updating the info on his mecha and working both bios for "canon" version and "JE" version.
Sorry! I confused Alex for someone else!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Name: Edward Elric
Hair Color: Gold
Eye Color: Gold
Skin Color: White

Country of Origin: Unknown ( most likely Germany due to his accent )
Personality: A quiet type person, he prefers to let his actions speak for him. Spends most of his time reading books than starting conversations. Also genuinely cares for others, but he prefers not to show it. Is mostly polite to people around him but won't hesitate to use his fists to get the point across. Doesn't have many friends.

Biography: Some of his origins remain a mystery but what is known is that he is an orphan who lost his right arm and left leg at a young age ( how he lost them remians a mystery) , spent the majority of his life in an orphanage. Often teased and picked on by the others because of his matching hair color and eyes and his missing limbs. He is adopted by Trisha Elric Hohenhiem and Van Hohenhiem when he was 10 years old. Gained an interest in IS technology when he was 12 and continues to study it with his mother helping him from time to time ( she's an IS researcher who often tries out her own works ). They currently live in Japan.

Notable Physical Traits: Has several scars on his back, the most notable one is a bear claw mark. Has composite material prosthetic left leg and right arm. Prefers to wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts and gloves to hide his scars and the fact that he has prosthetic limbs.

Unit Type: Infinite Stratos
Unit Name: Night Fury
Unit Paint Scheme: Black.
Manufacturer: In house
Storage Mode: Silver pocketwatch

Weapons: x1 "Mobius" Variable Output Assault Rifle, x2 "Raptor" Energy Saber, x2 "Thor" Helical Railguns, 1x plasma bazooka

Unit History: IS Core No. 77. The pet project of Trisha and Van Hohenhiem. The Night Fury boasts high mobility and features large thrusters mounted in a wing-like arrangement on its back. Sporting multiple vernier thrusters throughout its frame, the unit is capable of achieving precise movements and high speeds. The Night Fury can out run and out manuever compared to other IS even in it's 'factory' settings. Still in prototype stage and is incomplete. Most test pilots could not handle the Night Fury and many end up in hospitals due to injuries sustained during live tests ( herself included ) due to the incomplete inertia dampener ( they have problems trying to make it work on the Night Fury because of it's sheer power in speed, acceleration, reaction times and agility ). For some unknown reason it responded and accepts Edward. Fearing for his life Trisha pulled some strings and placed him into the IS Academy. Unlike most IS the Night Fury's frame covers the entire body and has a helmet with a retractable visor.
LOL I see what you mean.

Apart from him being male (I guess once Charles appeared it was open season), the rest looks fine. Tk suggested that the male bug was more a "1/1000 problem and they stopped at 1/200", so given that we have 7 billion people on the planet weird things happen.

"It doesn't matter how powerful the opponent is if he can't hit you, huh..." Karon mused as she reclaimed her Leopard claws and watched Edward head to the showers. "That is a nice philosophy."

There is always something to learn from fellow G****m pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
To Terminator and Babylon:

I confess I am both flattered and bemused that my stuff is somehow or another the unofficially accepted Shadow Mirror (Gasp!) universe around here. But Kamen Rider Decade? Seriously? ...Well, that could be interesting, and since you ARE giving me a blank check here, I guess I am part of the Endless Frontier. ...You realize I will be featuring some insanely badass femme fatales, whose presence alone would make canon implode from shear AWESOME-ness.

Can you imagine how badly the likes of Anemone, Cynthia Lane, Revy, Roberta, Balalaika, Juliana Everhart, The Azure Witch, and vis-a-vis would dominate the scene? Phew. Chifuyu was damn lucky that at her Mondo Grosso, either the ladies were ineligible to compete or they were occupied with something else more monetarily worth their while at the time.
You opened the doors to crack. I thot it be fun to go in cracking to the max.

I'd say... Do all that. After all, that's what's the Shadow Mirror is for. As long as it stays in the Shadow Mirror.
Old 2011-02-08, 09:45   Link #104
John117xCortana

The Assault Rifle also has a retractable bayonet. Forgot about that...

Um, what does Karon have in mind ?
Old 2011-02-08, 09:58   Link #105
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
I'd be more impressed if you would write it out. The premise is lazy as they come, but what the hey, if you're willing to put the effort to put concept to practice, hats off to you. On the other hand, the IS concept is kinda interesting. I wouldn't mind throwing Rheinhart against it for a fun cat and mouse game, until somebody gets cornered. Then, it'll be time to see who's the Manlier Man in a Dark Cloak (TM).

...Hell, I need some guest characters anyways. If you don't mind, I might just feature Alex in a IS League exhibition match, except since this is IS: For Answer-verse rules, he'd be using a Missing Number IS (namely your titled No. 98 "Belial" whose stats actually mesh well with typical Missing Number designs). Shoot, his profile practically screams LYNX anyways (Warning: he might be a little unhinged, and the onus is on you for picking a name like Belial), so at least he won't be a IS pilot for plot contrivance's sake.

No promises on who wins this doubles bout, but it will be fun.
You can actually make him become a "Fallen Angel" if you want, but my main idea was that this guy looks dark, acts dark but isn't actually a bad person, just traumatized by a past event. He still has all his moral indicators. One of my ideas was starting some accidental ho-yay between him, Charles and Ichika (he transfers in shortly after Charles).
He wouldn't have too many interactions with the main cast.

He might pop up from time to time when Ichika sees him and greets him or such (seeing Ichika's friendly demeanor), but I was thinking that he'd be somewhat to the Infinite Stratos franchise what SEED ASTRAY is to SEED... something alternate, that supplements, but doesn't overwrite or so.

He'll mainly show up in a Training IS until the threat showed is really big... which is the case where he will use "Belial" and most probably get quite a scandal after him (or telling the cast to NOT spill out that he has the IS, because he made good friends with at least one of them).

Towards the end, he would come to understand how in the end Lyn ended up in his IS's AI core, why she wanted, etc... and he'll assist in the final battle or whatsoever.

And yeah, a fight with Dynames would prove interesting. (Imagines to stealth fighters fighting each other)
Thing is, Belial is armed with a one-hit kill melee weapon, and his two others are rather long and still cut quite sharply (only problem is that he doesn't draw them out for too long or the weapon itself will melt). I haven't seen anything that can realy match blows for now if the two were locked into melee.

Of course, the fact that my mech can't really "spam" it's weapons is one weakness though.
Which makes me think,

"Belial Usage Strategy" post should be incoming.

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-08 at 21:11.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 10:02   Link #106
John117xCortana

Now thats pretty cool. But the hips don't look very....comfortable for the user.....
Old 2011-02-08, 10:07   Link #107
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
@Saintess: That would help being scientifically correct while writing. Again, it's too deadly to be used in Academy Authorization, but under Presidential I certainly see Sherry and Hokusui (Hockswee) using the RGG launcher component.
It was originally developed as a countermeasure when IS-es first appeared for the original standard issue rifles, based on beam-riding principles of laser-guided missiles.

Though the AIS rounds have been developed, this weapon is still incredibly useful against heavier-armour IS-es or those with fast movespeeds but slow rates of turn (simple application of inertia and momentum in aerospace science).

Also, now Keroko has introduced a uber-weapon IS I want to put in something it cannot beat : magnetically reinforced shields, or hardened shields. It would require the RG component to soften up before the shields can take damage normally - it adds in an element of teamwork and friendship into the fic.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 13:40   Link #108
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Lightbulb Lightbulb moment here. Brace for LARGE HAM!

Quote:

You can actually make him become a "Fallen Angel" if you want, but my main idea was that this guy looks dark, acts dark but isn't actually a bad person, just traumatized by a past event.

Towards the end, he would come to understand how in the end Lyn ended up in his IS's AI core, why she wanted, etc... and he'll assist in the final battle or whatsoever.

And yeah, a fight with Dynames would prove interesting. (Imagines to stealth fighters fighting each other)
Thing is, Belial is armed with a one-hit kill melee weapon, and his two others are rather long and still cut quite sharply (only problem is that he doesn't draw them out for too long or the weapon itself will melt). I haven't seen anything that can realy match blows for now if the two were locked into melee.

Of course, the fact that my mech can't really "spam" it's weapons is one weakness though.

Which makes me think, "Belial Usage Strategy" post should be incoming.
Hey, don't be making assumptions now that everybody who works in Collared, or is using a Missing Number IS, is a totally amoral money grubbing SOB. Just look at the Galactic Pretty Boy, goofiest, genre-savvy guy you'll ever meet. He just happens to be an angel that does dirty deeds, done dirt expensive, on the side, because ammo and maintenance costs a whole lot of moolah.

*Cough*OneofthedownsidestopreferringlotsofDAKKA!vs FREEM!*Cough.*

Ironically, your plot thread for Lyn ending up in Belial touched upon a very key plot point in our Shadow Mirror universe. PM me if you want the details, but I confess that great minds do share a similar collective pool of culture, after all. Although in the Shadow Mirror universe, well, this contributes to Alex's "unhinged"-ness. Dohohoho.

As for having a one-hit kill trump card and nasty melee weapons being the game changers...that make the game NOT fun? Erm, dude, everybody has a trump card or nasty melee around here. Dynames in particular has a modular trump card slot, plus a weapon set that is always changing depending on when the fart of a capybara in South America causes a hurricane in the Pacific Ocean (read: Ray's so fickle).

Guns aside, more importantly, you ought to be more discerning of Dynames' specs / nature. It's not an "Assassin". It can be stealthy, if it wants to be, but "Dynamic Entry Jedi Spartan Elite of Awesome" is more like it.

Yes. Dynamic Entry Jedi Spartan Elite of Awesome, and what a mouthful it is, too. This is going to be fun. VERY Fun. Between Ray trying not to get humiliated by vaporization in the process of dishing out the mother of all love taps, and Alex trying for dear life to keep the obviously mad as a hatter bugger away from his grille. Rusher vs. Camper!

"What BIG eyes, you have, Mister Light! COME TO MY ARMS!"

"Go. To. HELL!"

Why is it like so? Well, Dynames, basically, has on-demand power fists / kicks / weapons due to its shielding system. This takes care of Ray having to invest into any of the wasteful but powerful game ending Energy Swords, where he can be putting those points into something else. (Curiously, he can pull a few moves straight from martial arts flicks, such as the much hyped about but you know is a myth any other dog gone day - "The Butterfly Clap".)

What would he invest it? How about triple strength muscle packages (read: obviously a nod to Battletech / Mechwarrior's Triple Strength Myomer Fibers here)? Oh yes. This allows Dynames to literally punch well above its weight, and it will maul the hell out of anything in melee within its own weight class that hasn't taken similar measures. Why my confidence? Strength-wise, I believe, it's the equivalent of squeezing a heavyweight "Bruiser"-style IS into a much smaller package, granted if the heavyweight took the same upgrade package, the theoretical Gief would easily overpower anything else below it's class, including Dynames.

This perk also grants him the unexpected bonus of being able to perform superhuman feats of pure power (by IS standards), e.g. super leaps, lunges, air stomps, etc., that most IS forgo since they're built on that all-rounder air and land superiority "Gundam" combat paradigm. Dynames is spec'd purely as a ground pounding Lightning Bruiser, strong, flexible, and quick on its feet, with virtually nonexistant flight characteristics and a reduced output inertial dampener at that too. Naturally, this plays into Dynames funny sense of locomotion that is essential to Ray's flashy, tournament style fighting too.

He roller dashes everywhere like he was ice skating, and a star figure skater at that too, varying his velocity and acceleration by working in his primary thrusters to the rhythm of his routine. In addition to the bunker-style E-Brakes built into Dynames' feet, there are also supplemental thrusters throughout its frame that lets Ray "Quick Boost" to change his direction an speed unpredictably, and rapidly. Throw in his cloaks, which can be used for variety of purposes, such as thrown distractions, and it's a right royal pain in the backside to hit him.

Possible solutions to alleviate this set back of annoyingly evasive target include, just to a name a few, trying to get the drop on him completely, or just saturating the area with overkill levels of firepower.

Suffice to say, it's a given that Ray throws up often after a serious fight, especially if he ate within an hour or two of the event. All those spinning jumps, turns, pirouettes, grand standing, etc., can't be good on your body. Sure, he can end fights very quickly, if he went for the melee, while taking pot shots, or he could try to shoot his opponents into submission.

But that's not very exciting or fun, and Ray loves to put on a good show for everyone. Thus, he will freestyle and ham up the fight to the max. Like a good large ham, he boasts and calls out the names of his attacks, while wearing down his opponents to goad them into some kind of insane all-or-nothing epic finish: either in a melee combo, more DAKKA! combo, combined arms combo, or the trump card of the day.

At present, I hear he's very fond of the Tesla Licht Institute's "Final Beam" Equalizer, which has taken up the spot for the trump card slot. Ray being Ray, though, has hammed it up to a whole new level.

"Even in the darkest hour, Tau's radiance fills the galaxy. Shine ~ TAU! GALAXY!! BEAM!!!"

Unsurprisingly, he has earned the epithet,"The King of Hams", from his supporters and detractors.

...That said, how does he actually fight when life and death, or the damsel or bro in distress is on the line? That's a topic for another time.

Just saying, it's going to be FUN, dude. Very fun. Cat and Mouse game.
Old 2011-02-08, 14:22   Link #109
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Now I see:

- Mechwarrior / Battletech
- Warhammer 40k
- Naruto
- Air Gear/Code Geass (Roller Feature)
- Toppen Gurren Lagan / G Gundam (Punches)
- Macross Frontier (Pin Point Barrier)

So yeah. I detect Gai Maito in the works then.

I think that I had read Dynames's info sheet while half asleep... might be the reasons why I mixed the 00 Dynames and yours, which is yes, quite different.

As you've pointed out, Dynames looks like a sturdy constant brawler. Lively and full of energy (thanks to the Maverick pilot), seems pretty much that the opposition will always be under constant pressure, forced to dodge and block every second.
The IS does seem like a glass cannon though. Defenses seem to be lacking, but of course, the ninja skills make up for that :P
Yes, definitely a Gai Maito, the absolute contrary of the Belial assassin.

Do note that being another sort of Super Soldier (I wouldn't call him LYNX), Alex also has lightning quick reflexes and SUPAH POWAH. Don't forget that the armor he has is entirely different from the generic shield using IS. Of course, I hate kinetic shocks which happens to be what your IS likes to dish out apparently.
But please punch through the plasma field first. And try not to get sniped.

Thing is, how will you get Belial inserted? Do remember that Alex has been ordered to pilot a generic trainer IS unless he REALLY needs to deploy in Belial. I guess some assasination attempt on Ichika or something else threatening the Academy might be needed.

Now, if my flash skills weren't that crappy, I'd have perhaps dedicated some time trying to make something to represent this, but hell, I've still got a long way to go.

Now... if Ray's very noisy, you might add him into Alex's foe-yay or ho-yay attempts. As I said, people who try to befriend him and who are very hammy and talkative often make him go into fake "ho-yay" mode just to scare em off. If it actually seems that the other reciprocates though, hilarity should ensue.
Old 2011-02-08, 15:27   Link #110
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Named after a Mythical Bird of Philippine Lore, the 214-1-A1 Adarna is one of the last fully operational “Straight 1” IS units in the world - First Generation IS units who never underwent a major frame change or modification- unlike most that went through major modifications, frame changes or upgrades to either second or third generation. It is one of the last of the First Generation Units, sporting technologies and systems that some would consider of the Second or even the Third Generation.
That's... kind of a contradiction, isn't it? It never underwent any modifications, yet it has systems just as advanced as a second or third generation?

Quote:
Ok... time for my character's full introduction history:

Spoiler for Introduction History:

Spoiler for General Pilot/IS Overview:
Interesting premise. Having the soul of a dead girlfriend allowing him to pilot an IS is a creative way around the whole 'But Ichika is supposed to be the only one' thing.

Quote:
You should remember that due to the fact that is has much more armor than a standard IS, it is quite a bit larger, and thus, there's more room inside than it seems to have.

Edit: Additional Info on my char:

Spoiler for More Info:
*snicker* Faking gayness for pure comedy gold, I like this guy already.

Quote:
Really quite the opposite. Imouto is seldom serious, and even the real personality of Karon "is a slacker and can only be bothered to do something if it furthers her own goals."

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

Spoiler for IS: Shooting Star - Shift 00:

Forget everything that has been released earlier; this is the finalized version of my main ISOC!
I'm... utterly confused what's going on here.

Who are these girls in space? Why are they in space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well you could just take the hairband with "wings" that actually just press the hair above her ears to her head. They could just move up and down according to her mood (usually down since she doesn't exactly care about anything else during daytime other than SLEEP).

She could speak in a nonchalant Sanya-like voice in arena fights :

Helena :
Target spotted.
Acquiring range.
Coordinates received.
Readying weapons.
Firing.

Opponent :
Oh what is she - WHATTHEHELLHOWTHEHECKAMIGOINGTODODGETHAT?

Helena :
Boring. I want to sleep.
Fighting is actually one of the few things that can get her awake during the day, but she quickly goes to find a bench to sleep on when the adrenaline wears off.

Quote:
That is one way of badass adorable. Just draw a few pictures of her sleeping soundly on her desk or curling up in a corner of the gym store during P.E classes (skiving) will sure boost her moe factor by over 9000.

Just don't bleed to death drawing the last suggestion.
Hmm, I'll see what I can conjure up. Been a while since I last did a good shop.

Quote:
With regards to Karon, I am going to read the specs later after I cleaned up my Econs project. Also, I have pretty much concrete character map of Rachel :

- Kuudere
- Single Ponytail to the bottom of neck (takes it off if she does a full transform, retains it in partial transform)
- Lawful, hardworking - basically the total opposite of Karon
- Often skewed and totally wrong interpretation of interactions between others e.g : thinks that Houki actually slept with Ichika, who is the sub to his sister Chifuyu, etc.
- Shows a yandere streak when using Blind Horizon
- Uppity when it comes to dealing with "bad students"
- Cosplay victim. Of almost anyone who brings her shopping.
Uppity when dealing with bad students? Ohh, I can use that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 15:43   Link #111
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
I haven't been following what the heck is going on with the Mirror Universe, so you'll have to brief me about it. What is this League?
Simply put, the universes of Armored Core 3 and 4 witnessed an anomaly happen in their land, dubbed "Gateway", they were transported to another dimension that took them to the Infinite Stratos' timeline. Due to the ravaged status of their worlds (from suicide weapon/pulverizer attacks and Kojima particle poisioning). The League of Ruling Companies from For Anwser and Vertex and it's shell companies (Crest, Kisaragi, Mirage) send some of their assets over here to see to it they expand on this new world. By force or economic might.

The League is simply the League from Armored Core. Orstarvia and Omer are absent in the series but Interior Union, due to their female centric corporation plays a heavy role in this crossover.

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/The_League

The reason why I don't have my male characters pilot IS is to keep the original world of IS mostly intact. Until something happens, the Ravens rely more on Armored Cores/NEXTs to fight enemy IS. But they will never be seen using one.
Old 2011-02-08, 15:46   Link #112
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Lightbulb Ham is raining from the skies

Quote:
Now I see:

- Mechwarrior / Battletech
- Warhammer 40k
- Naruto
- Air Gear/Code Geass (Roller Feature)
- Toppen Gurren Lagan / G Gundam (Punches)
- Macross Frontier (Pin Point Barrier)

So yeah. I detect Gai Maito in the works then.

I think that I had read Dynames's info sheet while half asleep... might be the reasons why I mixed the 00 Dynames and yours, which is yes, quite different.

As you've pointed out, Dynames looks like a sturdy constant brawler. Lively and full of energy (thanks to the Maverick pilot), seems pretty much that the opposition will always be under constant pressure, forced to dodge and block every second.
The IS does seem like a glass cannon though. Defenses seem to be lacking, but of course, the ninja skills make up for that :P
Yes, definitely a Gai Maito, the absolute contrary of the Belial assassin.

Do note that being another sort of Super Soldier (I wouldn't call him LYNX), Alex also has lightning quick reflexes and SUPAH POWAH. Don't forget that the armor he has is entirely different from the generic shield using IS. Of course, I hate kinetic shocks which happens to be what your IS likes to dish out apparently.
But please punch through the plasma field first. And try not to get sniped.

Thing is, how will you get Belial inserted? Do remember that Alex has been ordered to pilot a generic trainer IS unless he REALLY needs to deploy in Belial. I guess some assasination attempt on Ichika or something else threatening the Academy might be needed.

Now, if my flash skills weren't that crappy, I'd have perhaps dedicated some time trying to make something to represent this, but hell, I've still got a long way to go.

Now... if Ray's very noisy, you might add him into Alex's foe-yay or ho-yay attempts. As I said, people who try to befriend him and who are very hammy and talkative often make him go into fake "ho-yay" mode just to scare em off. If it actually seems that the other reciprocates though, hilarity should ensue.
Well, by Shadow Mirror Universe standards, it might be a disadvantage if he is not a LYNX. Power level wise, I'd have to execute Alex as a nerf'd version of Laura Bodewig, out of respect to the latter who really went through some heavy, darkly tough stuff. Still, it won't be a curbstomp fest because as a general rule of thumb, though it's more of an unspoken Gentleman's Agreement, LYNX will not "cheat" outside of actual life and death combat.

If Alex decides to up the ante, Ray will even the score, but no more than that, being the honorable guy he is. ...Now, how much he evens out depends on Alex's origin. If you go with the LYNX route, than it'll be a near Zone of the Enders level "WTFh4x!" duel going on just between the two of them, during the exhibition match, which would leave their doubles partners slack jawed in the dust.

If he's just a Super Soldier, and he starts stepping it up, Ray will notice, but it might take some time for him to gauge how strong Alex really is, so he doesn't accidentally over do it. The real downside to the Super Soldier route is that Alex will be nerf'd for a while until he works out his issues with Belial, because he is not a LYNX and does not have a blank check to pretty much fully utilize all the tricks, bells, and whistles that comes with being a LYNX and piloting a Missing Number IS in the first place.

If he's just a Super Soldier and is using a legit "Angel", well, he's got some leveling up and questing to do in the Shadow Mirror Universe. The bright side is, he has unlimited potential since original IS Cores have the ability to self-evolve, whereas LYNX's like Ray are bottlenecked by technology. They usually end up having to play the catch up game, and some LYNX are overly dependent on their innate abilities, such that they are actually quite poor pilots / combatants in practice.

Now, how I propose to get Alex in the mix is quite simple. In the Shadow Mirror Universe, once Ichika appears on the scene, it pretty much becomes okay for everyone else to come out the closet. Male pilots have been on the block for sometime, operating anonymously under the auspices of Collared or participating in the IS League as anonymous masked pilots. After all, IS are generally owned by the state and private interests. Personal IS are essentially out on loan, yeah.

Alex can still do his sorta incognito gig at the IS Academy. Belial comes into play because he still needs to stay sharp, his organization needs to prove its worth, and Belial needs to strut its stuff too. IS League exhibition matches, or missions / Arena matches for Collared is a perfect outlet for this purpose. Kids at school can question why he doesn't use his IS there, but he can evade simply by saying his sponsors don't want to risk having company secrets leaked. Hence, he's using a trainer IS the rest of the time.

And, hey, glad to see I woke you up. See, I told you it'd be fun, and thanks for the invitation, because I am all kinds of gung ho for entertaining hilarity. I see a lot of jokes about "Being Hard", "Playing Hard to Get", "My hands are sore!" and errata, much to the nosebleed doom of many a fangirl on campus who is now awakening to her inner fujoshi.

"Kyaa~! Who's the seme? Who's the uke?!"

"Kyaa~! Is this what they call a romantic man's romance?"

Poor Ichika's gonna get roped into it too, and then folks will wander if there is an unofficial Host Club being formed right underneath their noses. Heck, we almost have all of the tropes. The Melodramatic Pretty Boy, The Trap(?), The Stoic Bishie, and The Clueless Guy.

As for not getting sniped? Touche. But I imagine there's a trick to the Nightmare Cape, the problem is time. Always time.

Getting through the plasma field? Hey, I'm a fan of hotblood and guts, but I'm sure Ray will learn fast much to his disappointment that he doesn't have enough output to pierce the shield. The "Final Beam" would work but then he'd be wasting a ton of energy for an attack that's not guaranteed to get through the plasma shield and Alex's super carapace. Thankfully, the conservation of momentum is still in effect, so Alex will get knocked flat on his armored keister when he has to tank melee hits or a ranged attack of sufficient power (assuming the plasma shield works like that). Plus, he's burning precious energy every time he puts up the plasma shield, fufufufu.

Although to really get through it in one go and put some hurt on Alex, Ray would need to invest into TLI's "Jet Magnum" Equalizer, a melee gauntlet affixed with plasma stakes, or buy paired gauntlets and see if he can master the Overskill "Jet Phantom" made famous by a certain Kai Kitamura. ...Then again, that guy is The Master when it comes to all things Jet Magnum.

Anyways, onwards and back to the writing. Slowly creeping my way through Chapter 1... God, how many times have I done this school drama scenario already? Sheesh, the Japs never tire of high school it seems.

P.S. God have mercy on Alex if he runs into THIS GUY! I tremble in my hidey hole just thinking about it. T_T
Old 2011-02-08, 19:03   Link #113
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Um, what does Karon have in mind ?
She considers herself very powerful, with an IS unit mounting not just a 3G Core, but 3 Yggdra Engine upgrades, two more than any other 3.5th Gen IS that are signature to the ASEAN Foundation, giving her a maximum power reserve that outstrips even 4G frames (at the cost of being over-powered and over-gunned for a frame its generation). Being a generalist design, the Merlion usually relies on flat-out overpowering her opponent with excessive beamspam (and giving her mechanic palpatations as the hull integrity takes a beating). The unit does so while remaining very agile and quick. However, if the enemy can outrun even her Leopard claws, it doesn't matter how powerful she was, she can't hurt them.

It is a worthy cause for reflection, for it is a flaw in her strategy. And probably an avenue to teach her to rely on others more.

Quote:
Ok... time for my character's full introduction history:
First thing first: did you CGI that yourself?!

Excellent work and great intro post. Now if you would place all the profile elements together in one post I can link to it from the Index (once I get it done...)

PM the link if you could please.

Quote:
It was originally developed as a countermeasure when IS-es first appeared for the original standard issue rifles, based on beam-riding principles of laser-guided missiles.

Though the AIS rounds have been developed, this weapon is still incredibly useful against heavier-armour IS-es or those with fast movespeeds but slow rates of turn (simple application of inertia and momentum in aerospace science).

Also, now Keroko has introduced a uber-weapon IS I want to put in something it cannot beat : magnetically reinforced shields, or hardened shields. It would require the RG component to soften up before the shields can take damage normally - it adds in an element of teamwork and friendship into the fic.
*scribbles notes*

I suppose I could consult you about IS sci-fi technologies. My next character is an Engineer from Singapore tasked to make sure the Merlion doesn't tear itself to pieces, and he will be teaching IS mechanics and engineering for a few classes. Maybe even be Class 1 - 2 homeroom teacher.

Don't worry, the key players in the class are still apathetic. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm... utterly confused what's going on here.

Who are these girls in space? Why are they in space?
*reads post again*

*whacks forehead*

I forgot to take them out of space when I redid the post! But who are they will have to wait. This is a prologue after all.

I've fixed the post up so that most of the pilots are under the influence of gravity. Except the orange one; let's just say she's a rather 'batty' kind of pilot, with an IS to fit that preference for hanging upside down from the ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Simply put, the universes of Armored Core 3 and 4 witnessed an anomaly happen in their land, dubbed "Gateway", they were transported to another dimension that took them to the Infinite Stratos' timeline. Due to the ravaged status of their worlds (from suicide weapon/pulverizer attacks and Kojima particle poisioning). The League of Ruling Companies from For Anwser and Vertex and it's shell companies (Crest, Kisaragi, Mirage) send some of their assets over here to see to it they expand on this new world. By force or economic might.

The League is simply the League from Armored Core. Orstarvia and Omer are absent in the series but Interior Union, due to their female centric corporation plays a heavy role in this crossover.

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/The_League

The reason why I don't have my male characters pilot IS is to keep the original world of IS mostly intact. Until something happens, the Ravens rely more on Armored Cores/NEXTs to fight enemy IS. But they will never be seen using one.
That's a relief... I suppose this applies only to the Shadow Mirror universe.
Old 2011-02-08, 23:01   Link #114
John117xCortana

Quote:
She considers herself very powerful, with an IS unit mounting not just a 3G Core, but 3 Yggdra Engine upgrades, two more than any other 3.5th Gen IS that are signature to the ASEAN Foundation, giving her a maximum power reserve that outstrips even 4G frames (at the cost of being over-powered and over-gunned for a frame its generation). Being a generalist design, the Merlion usually relies on flat-out overpowering her opponent with excessive beamspam (and giving her mechanic palpatations as the hull integrity takes a beating). The unit does so while remaining very agile and quick. However, if the enemy can outrun even her Leopard claws, it doesn't matter how powerful she was, she can't hurt them.

It is a worthy cause for reflection, for it is a flaw in her strategy. And probably an avenue to teach her to rely on others more.
Which type would the Night Fury be in ?

The Night Fury can outrun and outmanuever even the Merlion but the Merlion outguns the Night Fury. And the Night Fury doesn't have a shield.
Old 2011-02-08, 23:33   Link #115
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:

The Night Fury can outrun and outmanuever even the Merlion but the Merlion outguns the Night Fury. And the Night Fury doesn't have a shield.
Yeah that sides like bloody suicide. Without a shield all someone has to do is just set off a spread of explosives vaguely near you for an instant kill. Good luck "dodging" a damn shockwave and spray of deadly shrapnel.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 23:37   Link #116
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
That's a relief... I suppose this applies only to the Shadow Mirror universe.
Pretty much, and I am already rather restrained by inspiration sources for my characters. Trying to make as little ripples in the canon if possible (No other guys using IS for example)
Old 2011-02-08, 23:44   Link #117
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Yeah that sides like bloody suicide. Without a shield all someone has to do is just set off a spread of explosives vaguely near you for an instant kill. Good luck "dodging" a damn shockwave and spray of deadly shrapnel.

By shield I meant a 'physical' shield. Like the shield that Yamada sensei used during her mock fight with Cecelia and Ling.
Old 2011-02-09, 00:02   Link #118
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Awful lot of details for a personal unit... while lacking stuff on the pilot. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE SUBSCRIBED TO STRATOMAG FOR! I WANT MY IS GIRLS!!

*is stabbed with another rainbow*
I am no lowe so expect a lack of front covers.

*charges up another*

Quote:
But anyways, I like this VF IS. Too bad you rejected [Shooting Star] membership. Chao Hokusui would've loved to have a wingmate when transformed.
My pilot would be too busy balancing national expectation, dreams, studying and just merely surviving with sanity intact to join any other cliques for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That's... kind of a contradiction, isn't it? It never underwent any modifications, yet it has systems just as advanced as a second or third generation?
in the course of development, the lack of a suitable platforms for testing / demonstration of a particular system is a major problem- especially if waiting for more suited ones. during the time those systems were on demonstrators, they were still experimental and due to the said lack of suitable testbeds, one of the simplest solutions is to modify the equipment to fit the testbed and go with it- thus enabling a first generation unit to handle equipment that is "as advanced as second and third generation". and i did say no major modifications. in short, if the said systems passed while being "jury-rigged" into the demonstrator, then it would almost work on the proper units.

a case in RL would be the maiden test flight of the Rolls-Royce Trent 900 Engine, which due to the lack of it's proper testing aircraft at the time- the A380, was instead bolted into the inner port engine hardpoint of the A340-300 testbed- with slight modifications to both engine and wing hardpoints- not enough for the testbed to warrant a major redesignation.

but then by the time the other demonstrators were being moved to 2G/3G, the old bird was starting to show it's age.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 01:29   Link #119
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

See: Unicorn.

The lack of physical plating is no problem. Besides, I really don't think a G2 Rafale wing is meant to withstand concentrated and sustained saturation blasts of pink doom. Dodging makes more sense, and yes Nightfury can dodge even the claws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Pretty much, and I am already rather restrained by inspiration sources for my characters. Trying to make as little ripples in the canon if possible (No other guys using IS for example)

Could you pm me a link to your OCs both in the Canon Universe and the Shadow Mirror?

Quote:
I am no lowe so expect a lack of front covers.

*charges up another*
Sigh. XD

Quote:
My pilot would be too busy balancing national expectation, dreams, studying and just merely surviving with sanity intact to join any other cliques for now.
[Shooting Star] only employs ISA graduates, sometimes they may bring in undergraduates if they are armed with units meant for front line combat, but most of the time, its just the core three doing most of the fighting, or while on joint ops with the JP-US-GE Omega Division.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:09   Link #120
John117xCortana

Unicorn ? The mobile suit or is it something else ?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest