AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 68 43.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 41.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-12, 21:27   Link #221
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
he's not Gilgamesh if he doesn't say that phrase (or use mongrel and bastard).
Give him time.
Old 2011-10-12, 21:27   Link #222
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

Also there was one thing I thought about. Saber says she wants to save Brittian... But in todays world Brittian is fine. In the last century they even fought two crucial wars and survived. I can only think Saber wants to saver her people from her time, which has little point for today. You can say Sabers goal has already been carried out ?
Her scope is a little more narrow. By Britain, she likely meant Camelot that experienced the ill fate any nerd searching about Arthurian legends should know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Or is there another Bluebeard in literature and history? Going by anime ED it seems to be different person...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
@Kitten320, I thought Bluebeard was derived from the French tale, La Barbe Bleue. I cannot think of another instance of a character being called Bluebeard. If it is from the French tale then I think it is safe to say that the writer took some liberties with the character when writing caster.
Here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebeard#Sources

Think of how Bram Stoker used Vlad Tepes as basis for Dracula.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 21:56   Link #223
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Give him time.
He won't change. Cause he's a bastard. Unless one is a bastard like him.
Old 2011-10-13, 02:44   Link #224
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
He won't change. Cause he's a bastard. Unless one is a bastard like him.
I believe Kuroi meant give him time and he'll be calling everyone around him a mongrel again. I don't think anyone believes Gil will ever stop being a bastard, nor should anyone want for that happen.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:28   Link #225
chibipicpic

His charm is his arrogance bordering on being just ridiculous (but since he's so overpowered, it's not entirely unfounded). Not that the myth he's based off of is any better. He was a horrible tyrant.
chibipicpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 22:39   Link #226
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
That was sooo epic!!! Such amazing animation! I'm so overjoyed to see Gil!!!! I can only hope for an actual 1/8 figure of him now!!!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 01:23   Link #227
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
That was sooo epic!!! Such amazing animation! I'm so overjoyed to see Gil!!!! I can only hope for an actual 1/8 figure of him now!!!
Now that's a treasure worth my fortune...
Old 2011-10-14, 12:25   Link #228
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

A couple of things stuck out for me here.

Alexander (Rider)...wow. Never expected such a lax servant - definitely feels like Waver is going to be the first one to lose (if Assassin hasn't carked it already).

Saber's backstory certainly surprised me too - especially considering the male > female logic of the old ages.

Uryuu and Caster - match made in heaven. Both complete and utter nutters - sadistic to boot (I don't revel in cruelty and murder, but Caster's murder of that kid was brilliantly done).

Finally...Assassin. Looked so impressive dealing with the security systems (have seen the similar scene in Ocean's Twelve on youtube - both very impressive) - then gets utterly tonked by Archer. On the same side lads, eh? Backstabbers extraordinaire (Assassin and Kirei)...crap backstabbers, mind

Yep, good episode all round. Still a little repulsed by the idea of Kariya having worms in his body...then again, Sakura's dealings with those feckers should tell me all I need to know really - Zōken is still a p****.

Bring on Episode 3.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 10:15   Link #229
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I just barely ran through both episode, but oh god, those loli animation quality. Need insulin now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Yep, good episode all round. Still a little repulsed by the idea of Kariya having worms in his body...then again, Sakura's dealings with those feckers should tell me all I need to know really - Zōken is still a p****.
Truth. Sakura's story makes my heart break, especially with Shinji in it.
Old 2011-10-15, 10:51   Link #230
alumnox

The 3rd episode is out at:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1318591230

Injustice in forums makes the heart
Old 2011-10-15, 10:59   Link #231
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Where's the thread for the 3rd episode?
I've already seen it ^^;
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 09:09   Link #232
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
still behind not much to say about the episode that has not been said already. But damn that poor poor kid that was fucking disturbing. His screams were stuck in my head for at least a few hours no one should have to die that way
Old 2011-10-20, 10:52   Link #233
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

This episode was another great one.

Loved the Caster summoning, although it seems they went totally crazy off target in thier portrayal of BlueBeard, but no biggy since its not like many of the characters in this show are totally accurate. They definitely did a good job of making him look like quite the creeper.

Was it wrong for me to start laughing when the kid got attacked by what i can only discribe as Cthulhu, lol.

On another note so far I'm loving little Ilya, and really the whole dynamic between that whole group of Saber, Emiya, and such.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2011-10-21 at 12:59.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:16   Link #234
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Second War: False Start

What makes to me so refreshing about the brand-new Fate/Zero anime adaptation is to watch and learn that, unlike Fate/stay Night, the point of view is not limited to just one narrator or character.

I got to watch at least four of the masters interacting personally with each one of their respective servants:

By popular demand, I take fond of for Rider: Iskander the Great. Aside from his prodigious powers as one of the world's strongest kings in history, Iskander has this friendly aura that gets sympathy out from me. Of course, I don't forget he's the King of Conquerors that at his time built one of the most bountiful empires and led way to profiting military campaings one after another, though conquering the lands meant crushing and slaughtering his enemies.

There are some who are also taking a liking to Bluebeard, because not only demonstrated to possess a creepy or even twisted charisma, but his methods of killing are by far the most brutal: Delivering hope first before crushing it into absolute despair.
Fear's meaningless if the victim remains petrified and unable to do anything for himself or herself.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote