AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 04:09   Link #921
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Full Metal Jacket. It was recommended by my coworkers at the volunteer department. It was pretty good and I enjoyed it. Plenty of unexpected turn of events which wasn't necessary bad in anyway.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 22:27   Link #922
Haladflire65
*Artist

Inglourious Basterds (2009), I liked it. Some parts did get me a bit squeamish but it wasn't too bad, considering everything I heard about Tarantino XD I found it pretty stressful as it neared the climax actually, but the ending has to be one of the most satisfying ever.

I totally didn't watch it for Michael Fassbender...
Old 2012-02-07, 03:09   Link #923
yourfriendrick

I saw Priest.

It was a decent action movie, but the art design did not impress me as much as I had hoped it might.

Also, even though the enemies were called "vampires," I didn't get much of a "vampire" vibe from them.

When I think "vampire," I think something more like Interview with the Vampire or The Hunger.
yourfriendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 03:49   Link #924
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I went on a Marvel spree the weekend before last and rented 3 movies: Iron Man 2, X-Men: First Class, and Captain America. Because I rarely go out to the theaters for whatever reason (too lazy, probably), I hadn't seen any of them before.

Iron Man 2: While obviously the first was better, I liked how they introduced War Machine. Still enjoyable and, needless to say, Robert Downey Jr. *is* Tony Stark.

X-Men: First Class: Very good, expecially considering that my expectations were incredibly low after X3. Michael Fassbender is astoundingly brilliant as Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto). James McAvoy is quite good as Xavier, taking a different, younger take on the Professor yet keeping true to his spirit. Not so sure about their choice of including Havok, but I got past that and just enjoyed the movie. Definitely a must-see if you like comic-based movies.

Captain America: A lot more moving than I would have expected from an adaption. I really love Captain America and I wasn't sure about this movie, but I think they captured him quite well as the "All-American Hero". I'm not so sure about their choice of casting in Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull (I think I know him too well as Agent Smith from The Matrix), but the rest of the cast is well-done and utterly convincing in their roles.

The best part of all these movies watched together (I haven't seen Thor yet, but I intend to soon) is that they all tie into the new Avengers movie that is supposed to come out in July. I actually didn't know that when I started marathoning them, but it made for a pleasant surprise, to be sure.
Old 2012-02-08, 03:56   Link #925
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

The Woman in Black - it was alright. I was expecting something that would scare me, but I guess it was sort of a let down.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 23:03   Link #926
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The Secret World of Arrietty This movie was just so cute to bad it took so long to come to the US and cant wait to pick it up
Old 2012-02-20, 13:34   Link #927
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Chronicle: Really good movie and I loved the bittersweet ending.
Old 2012-04-01, 16:19   Link #928
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Hunger Games-I expected more action, but it was alright I guess. Action aside, the acting is top-notch. The display of emotion, most especially Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss is commendable. I look forward to her future films.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 16:43   Link #929
Rahan

Recently, I have watched John Carter (better than what most think), Hunger Games, les Infidèles (comedy with Dujardin), Cloclo (biopic about french pop singer Claude Francois) and Wrath of the Titans. (plain bad)

Spoiler for saving space:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 16:55   Link #930
mochichan

I saw Hunger Games.
It's like the kid ver of Battle Royale but it's pretty interesting. The shaky cam during action scene kinda annoy me tho...:\
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 16:59   Link #931
Eragon
Still Alive

Watched Shutter Island - Its a real mindf**k in a good way.
Old 2012-04-01, 17:03   Link #932
escimo
Paparazzi

Watched The Rum Diary a while back. Was quite amused. 8½/10

On a side note I'll be attending Iron Sky preview tomorrow night. Can't wait.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 18:55   Link #933
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Watched Green Lantern the other day. Dunno about others' reviews, but I liked it well enough.
Old 2012-04-01, 19:50   Link #934
AmandaFields
Genkaku Fangirl~

I'm not big on movies, but recently I've watched Puss in Boots and The Help. I thought that Puss in Boots was cute...but still not as good as Shrek. The Help was a really great movie. Very inspiring and was entertaining the whole way through.
Old 2012-04-01, 21:44   Link #935
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

The Raid, a very intense action movie. Almost no story, but the fightings are the best I've ever seen in movies.
Old 2012-04-01, 22:51   Link #936
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

For those of you with access to HBO, I strongly recommend "Game Change," the made-for-HBO movie about the McCain campaign's decision to name Sarah Palin as its vice-presidential candidate. All four major performances are superb. Julianne Moore has gotten most of the attention because of her uncanny imitation of Palin, but Ed Harris does an excellent job of capturing John McCain's patterns of speech and facial expressions. Despite how well-known both Palin and McCain are, it doesn't take long to accept Moore and Harris as the public figures they personify.

Woody Harrelson gives one of his best performances since "The People vs. Larry Flynt" (another excellent film!) as campaign strategist Steve Schmidt. You can see the real-life Schmidt on MSNBC's campaign coverage, and while they don't look alike except for being balding, Harrelson is very persuasive as the cagey and intelligent advisor. I hadn't seen Sarah Paulson before, but she also gives an excellent performance as Nicole Wallace, the senior staffer assigned to manage Palin after she is selected.

I always knew that Palin was unqualified for the vice presidency, but some of the events portrayed in the film are breath-taking. Wallace first expresses her concerns to Schmidt after she has met with Palin and discovered that the Alaska governor didn't know why there are two Koreas. It only goes downhill from there. I came to feel some real sympathy for Palin, whose politics are far from my own, as we see how cynical a choice she was. The scene where Moore/Palin watches Tina Fey parodize the candidate on Saturday Night Live was heart-wrenchingly sad.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 23:02   Link #937
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

^Speaking of Woody Harrelson, I just watched Friends with Benefits for the first time. Justin Timberlake is actually pretty funny.

And Mila Kunis.

Endless "How could you possibly max out an Old Navy card?" Soul
Old 2012-04-02, 00:02   Link #938
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
For those of you with access to HBO, I strongly recommend "Game Change," the made-for-HBO movie about the McCain campaign's decision to name Sarah Palin as its vice-presidential candidate...

Woody Harrelson gives one of his best performances since "The People vs. Larry Flynt" (another excellent film!) as campaign strategist Steve Schmidt. You can see the real-life Schmidt on MSNBC's campaign coverage, and while they don't look alike except for being balding, Harrelson is very persuasive as the cagey and intelligent advisor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
^Speaking of Woody Harrelson, I just watched Friends with Benefits for the first time. Justin Timberlake is actually pretty funny.
Woody Harrelson is one of those unexplained Hollywood anomalies. He looks like a neanderthal, speaks with a slightly drunken drawl and generally appears, well, dumb. Definitely not A-list material, you'd think.

Yet he easily provided the most gravitas as a cynical veteran in Battle Royale Lite, aka The Hunger Games. There is much more to this guy than meets the eye and he's a better actor than most people give him credit for.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 00:36   Link #939
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Finally got the chance to rewatch Papillion again. The Great Escape had a more climactic escape scene that got you more into the scene itself, but Papillion holds a similar idea that plays with a lot of darker themes.

Steve McQueen's always likable too. Makes you invest in his character and the big escape attempt becomes that much more dramatic.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:08   Link #940
Fabrice
Padawan

Just finished watching the raid in cinema last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlmhMSnVdM

definitely worth a watch if your into Action, guns and all that sort.
Fabrice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live-action, movie, movies