3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-20, 11:39   Link #81
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's only 25 episodes. At least according to the season 2 blu-ray specs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Well it's 26 in the sense that the first episode was a double episode. But at this point, yes, there's only 5 episodes left.
I see

(10char)
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 12:32   Link #82
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
^Ah, don't worry.
Given the amount of source material left, those 5 episodes are sure going to be enough.

... and you will be up for one hell of a ride with this series.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 12:32   Link #83
klare

so this is how it end for Maiya, i do not think it was done by Rider anyway, Saber should be able to sense which servant is it

Kariya's situation is bad as well, i guess the wish of saving Sakura is what kept him staying alive
Old 2012-05-20, 13:09   Link #84
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Maiya.. everyone knew she was going to die, it was just a matter of how. i wasn't expecting it to be like this. i thought definitely something more epic towards the end. but then again, its good writing.

doesn't take a genius to figure out it wasn't rider...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 13:22   Link #85
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Kariya's situation is bad as well, i guess the wish of saving Sakura is what kept him staying alive
You mean Kirei's wish of seeing him suffer is what kept him alive, right?

But yes, Kariya's motivation after everything that's transpired, and especially after he learns of Tokiomi's fate, should be interesting. If those flashing images of Aoi, Sakura, Tokiomi and Zouken in his mind are any indication, I would say his colossal failure in making any sort of difference thus far is finally getting to him. Despite going as far as sacrificing his life and his body, he wasn't able to accomplish anything but force Tokiomi to waste one little Command Spell. And when faced with the man himself, he was completely overpowered and humiliated. Those things are clearly getting to him now, probably further polluting his already plenty spite driven mind.

Which is why I'm curious to see what course of action he will be taking now. Will he realize his lack of ability to make a difference and give up, or will he use the power-up he received from Zouken to make a final stand and, perhaps, finally accomplish something? And will said stand be driven by his initial positive feelings or the negative ones he's come to develop along the way?

Whatever happens, I do hope he gets some good character moments. I loved him to bits in the first episode, but he's been a little too much of a perpetually whipped dog throughout the course of the war, and tragedy in of itself doesn't make for a compelling character. He needs something more to make his pathos truly resonant and his character truly effective. Now obviously I don't expect to him to save the day or anything, since he clearly won't (especially not with Urobuchi deciding his fate), but I do hope to see a shining moment or two from him before the end.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 15:00   Link #86
Broskander

Poor Kirei. Kiritsugu is going to be sporting Avalon. That is the biggest hax in the entire series.
Broskander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 15:18   Link #87
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broskander View Post
Poor Kirei. Kiritsugu is going to be sporting Avalon. That is the biggest hax in the entire series.
Look at it this way, now Kirei can hurt him as much as he wants that Kiritsugu still won't die. It's what Kayneth wanted to do to him back when they fought, in fact.
Old 2012-05-20, 15:27   Link #88
LunarMoon

Quote:
Look at it this way, now Kirei can hurt him as much as he wants that Kiritsugu still won't die. It's what Kayneth wanted to do to him back when they fought, in fact.
Looks like Kirei's getting his Good End, after all. Who says that Urobuchi can't write happy stuff?
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 17:42   Link #89
HandofFate

Where was Saber while the big entrance was happening? She usually should be closeby to either Iri or Kiritsugu but she seemed to be just wandering around on her own?
Old 2012-05-20, 18:03   Link #90
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Where was Saber while the big entrance was happening? She usually should be closeby to either Iri or Kiritsugu but she seemed to be just wandering around on her own?
She was sent to go to the place Waver was living, I think to either spy on or challenge Rider (which didn't work since Waver was out first buying food and then away from the house recharging Rider).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:13   Link #91
Touko

Quote:
Lol. Wait for it.

Remember, Zero was the peak of Kirei's life. Never again is Kirei as powerful.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 19:32   Link #92
Broskander

Quote:
True that. Sucks for Kayneth lol.

Come to think of it...I wanted to see Kayneth vs Tokiomi. =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
Lol. Wait for it.

Remember, Zero was the peak of Kirei's life. Never again is Kirei as powerful.
Yes...but I think he is even worse in FSN. He becomes Palpatine in FSN lol.
Old 2012-05-20, 19:42   Link #93
kitten320

Rider is still Alexander the great who killed thousands of people back in his old days and as far as I remember he could be quiet scary too when needed.

Alexander was good to his people but not to enemies. What Rider did is not that surprising.
Old 2012-05-20, 19:50   Link #94
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Rider is still Alexander the great who killed thousands of people back in his old days and as far as I remember he could be quiet scary too when needed.

Alexander was good to his people but not to enemies. What Rider did is not that surprising.
Except, you know, the Alexander in this story is not the historical one, but an intentionally fictionalized version of him.

Rider summarized his whole philosophy in episode 4, which directly contradicts what you just said about him: "To win, but not destroy. To conquer, but not humiliate. That is what true conquest is!"
Old 2012-05-20, 19:55   Link #95
Broskander

Quote:
Except, you know, the Alexander in this story is not the historical one, but an intentionally fictionalized version of him.

Rider summarized his whole philosophy in episode 4, which directly contradicts what you just said about him: "To win, but not destroy. To conquer, but not humiliate. That is what true conquest is!"
That line alone made me a fan of Rider. Then he just kept on being awesome.
Old 2012-05-20, 20:22   Link #96
Touko

Quote:
Yes...but I think he is even worse in FSN. He becomes Palpatine in FSN lol.
I am talking about power-level, not scheming.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 21:32   Link #97
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh man... what an episode.

I hate Zouken soooo much. The first worm. Talk about torture for Kariya. Damn. That made me rage.

Iri raised Maiya's flag, lol.

I am super surprised and disappointed in Rider. Taking Iri like that. It made me think it wasn't him, but he used his NP is escape.

Oh, the animation this ep was great. With Berserker and Saber being cross-summoned. That was sweet.

Post replies to follow tomorrow night.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:56   Link #98
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:

Assassin sends his regards.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 00:30   Link #99
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Assassin sends his regards.
Which is why Rider said he was disappointed after dealing with them. It was not a true conquest.

And he did try to win them over through a nice chat over a glass of wine first, but they were foolish enough to not only reject the offer, but also spill the wine on his brand new shirt. They've got no one to blame but themselves.
Old 2012-05-21, 01:11   Link #100
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Poor maiya, it was well known she would bite the dust, but hey. She ain't gonna be alone for long. Cuz Iri is next... lol

I wonder if it was truly Rider. He stated something about teaching Saber a lesson. I hope this wasn't it. lol