AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-11-13, 15:59   Link #1
Nafi

Need Romance/Drama anime

I need a dramatic romance anime with almost no comedy (or very little, as long as it does not take over the plot).

The only anime I can think of so far is Romeo x Juliet. That would be the best example. I also prefer it to have a lot of twists and turns like in lovely complex, but with less comedy.

If it has a lot of romance, drama, and little to no comedy, I'll probably like it (if the plot is interesting).

I prefer anime, but it can be a manga too (as long as it's long, as in 30+ chapters). Best example would be Unbalance X Unbalance (which is very dramatic and tension filled but has almost no comedy).
Old 2012-11-13, 16:24   Link #2
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I think I might have what you are looking for.

Romance, Drama, little comedy:

SaiKano.
Bokura Ga Ita
Guilty Crown
Sukitte Ii Na Yo
Hanasakeru Seishonen

Here are ones with comedy but really made the shows good:

Ginban Kaleidoscope
Aishiteruze Baby
Skip Beat
Itazura Na Kiss
Peach Girl

I hope these help!
Old 2012-11-13, 16:31   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Try H20 : Footprints in the Sand, True Tears and White Album : I'm sure it fits those requests.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 17:54   Link #4
andromeda0201

Nana - 2 girls called Nana meet with a twist of fate and the story follows their ups-and-downs in careers, love and lives. This made me think like I was watching a live-action drama more than an anime since it was so realistic. The music is excellent too, since one of the Nanas is the lead singer of a punk rock band.
You might like it

Other than that, Valkyria Chronicles is quite similar to Romeo x Juliet, though it does get plagued with some needless comedy in the 1st half, it does a good job in building-up the characters and romantic tension towards the 2nd half.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 19:10   Link #5
Nafi

All those recommendations at pretty nice, I checked them all out on "myanimelist.com". I watched some already, like Bokura Ga ita, guilty crown, Itazura Na Kiss, and H20.

I've heard of most of the anime you guys recommended (I don't know only 3 of them). I don't know why, but I just don't enjoy anime that are less than 13 episodes and have no sequel because it feels too short. I prefer anime with 20+ episodes but not too long (more than 100).

Also, for Valkyria Chronicles, is it like the video game? In the game, the romance was there but it was VERY limited and put aside.

And for the other anime that I didn't mention, are they anime where every episode matters? I hate anime that have a lot of episodes that don't matter and really don't contribute to a good story. Some examples of this are : Full moon wo Shagashite, His and her circumstances (manga is known as Kare Kano), or Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles.
Old 2012-11-13, 19:57   Link #6
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi View Post
Also, for Valkyria Chronicles, is it like the video game? In the game, the romance was there but it was VERY limited and put aside.
I haven't played the game so i can't make any comparisons, however I did stalk the threads both in here and in myanimelist while the anime was airing. From what I gathered, the anime emphasizes a lot more on the romance aspect and character development, neglecting the action/tactics found in the games. As a non-game player, it satisfied the romance freak in me

Nana has 47 episodes but none are wasted on mindless filler, it's a very solid watch
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 20:06   Link #7
Nafi

Is the romance a solid type of romance? For example, does it revolve around ONLY 1 boy and 1 girl? And does it have it's twist and turns in relationships and character development?

I'm a romance freak for some reason, I need some type of romance to satisfy my needs. I'm pretty picky when choosing an anime.
Old 2012-11-13, 21:10   Link #8
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

NANA does not revolve around only one boy and girl. It revolves around many guys and 2 girls. The relationships change throughout the anime until it satisfies the characters. Has lots of twists and turns worth watching. I recommend it.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:54   Link #9
deadlights911

EF - A Tale of Memories - This is possibly one of the most brilliant and amazing romance anime I have ever seen

Special A
Say "I Love You"
Spice and Wolf
deadlights911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, drama, romance, tension