AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 03:24   Link #501
Asterisk
Irregularity

Poor Yukiatsu, he seems to be suffering from a bit of inferiority complex. Personally I wouldn't victimize him as a sicko cause if he's gone as far as to cross-dress, he's definitely dealing with some deep mental issues.
And as we all know, we shouldn't pour salt on a wound.

Now concerning the episode, it's great as always, but seriously someone needs to bash Anjou's friends or severely cuss the **** out of them cause they deserve it.
Old 2011-04-29, 03:44   Link #502
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-04-29, 03:44   Link #503
ZODDGUTS

Yukiatsu is one sick bastard that's for sure. Yikes.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 03:51   Link #504
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because it would look weird for him to buy female clothes on his own? Thanks to Tsuruko, people would think he is buying for her, like the store assistant did.
I would've thought he would be more concerned with the possibility that somebody close to him might discover his secret (if there is one) than what people he most likely will never see again think. And even if Tsuruko wasn't there he could always smile and lie...
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 04:08   Link #505
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

From another forum:

Spoiler for Cross-dressing:
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 04:37   Link #506
konart

Spoiler for Yukiatsu:
Old 2011-04-29, 04:41   Link #507
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
From another forum:

I think that pretty much settles it. Poor fool.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 04:42   Link #508
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I am surprised that this anime series don't have an exclusive forum yet. This is a very good story, much better than melodramatic Iroha.
Old 2011-04-29, 04:56   Link #509
PzIVf3

Its too soon to tell if Yukiatsu is invloved in the past there something else bothering me about Tsuruko behavior its look she acting like a boss trying to blackmail something to Yukiatsu.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 05:23   Link #510
Sebasu
~

^ I don't know about Tsuruko, for me it feels like..
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2011-04-29, 05:34   Link #511
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, I noticed the watch, that one is just the final evidence nail in the coffin. Well, leaving Yukiatsu's bombshell at the end of the episode, one thing that really bothers me is this: who exactly is it that Yukiatsu is buying the girls' accessory for? We know it's not Tsuruko, and while it's easy to say that it's for his crossdressing, I'm thinking of another thing. This is because from what little we can see of him, it doesn't look like she's wearing any accessories...and another thing I notice, the wrist accessory thingy (sorry I don't know the name, I'm really clueless about these sort of things) that he was looking at in the store looks to be the same model as the one Naruko wears. When they met it seems like it's the first time in a long time they just met though, maybe they're lying about that?

I thought he may wear it on the right hand that we can see, but Naruko clearly wears it on her left hand. Also, Menma wasn't shown wearing those things, I've checked because I wonder if Naruko starts wearing it also because she's influenced by Menma, but neither Menma nor Naruko wore those as a kid. So...am I looking too deeply into nothing here? Like, it's just a coincidence that Yukiatsu was looking at the same thing that Naruko usually wears, and it really is for his crossdressing purposes? Just food for thought, I suppose...
Old 2011-04-29, 06:28   Link #512
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
From another forum:

This guy is really creepy

I had suspicion thanks to the scene where he buys an accessory without a girl to give it too. That can also explains why he had a dress of menma but still I can't understand what happens inside this creepy guys brain. It looks to me his provoking Ginta but why crossdress? it's like a total bomb on my brain. is he homo? homo ka!? Sena will like this idea or any fujoshi but man what am I thinking. Crazy idea that maybe creepy also likes ginta.... okay brush that gay idea.
Old 2011-04-29, 06:31   Link #513
PzIVf3

Anyone notice Tsukuro also wear a watch? He's not so slimmy and whitey skin to wear Menma clothe?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 06:45   Link #514
hero147

I feel more and more sorry for Jintan every passing episode. =(
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 06:46   Link #515
CWW
Lurker

Man, his mother passed away too after Menma's fatal accident? No wonder his life sucks. Totally not the same situation as Yukiatsu is in who, from the clues so far, has some deep-rooted mental issues. The passing of your parent at a young age is a huge, HUGE, life changer, moreso than the passing of your best friend. This cannot be understated. When the two collide in a short period of time, well, let's say I can totally sympathize with Jinta. I'm not saying Yukiatsu is a freak or anything, at least not with these vague hints, but his situation shouldn't be compared to Jinta's. Furthermore, I think there's more than meets the eye to Menma's accident that Jinta doesn't know about, and if that comes to light, then, well, I have my handkerchief ready.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 06:56   Link #516
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Anyone notice Tsukuro also wear a watch?
Yup.

And Tsuruko's skin is indeed lighter than Yukiatsu's. For all we know, she might even cosplay as Menma to please him (or to have him fall for her). I also see her having quite the crush for him. And if she dressed like Menma in front of him, then Yukiatsu's claim that she's seen Menma would not be a complete lie anymore.

The thing is, while the original theory of Yukiatsu crossdressing and then lying is plausible, I'm not too confident in blatant hints, because often they turn out to be red herrings.
Old 2011-04-29, 07:00   Link #517
stormy001_M1A2

I think it is too early to speculate as to who is the fake ghost. I would rather watch for more clues though I suspect it was the glasses girl. If she is the one then make sense since she is trying to get the guy to look at her instead of moping over some dead childhood friend.
Old 2011-04-29, 07:05   Link #518
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I've written up on the second episode belatedly and this series is similar to Honey and Clover in certain aspects such as unrequited love ... and I love that. I think that Anjou understands Jinta's struggles and that's why she tries her best to help him despite the fact that he's pushed essentially everybody away. She didn't become close to him because of her friends' teasing, but she's always cared for him and seems to patiently wait until Jinta turns around and sees her. I also saw the same with Tsuruko who is quite concerned with Yukiatsu although she doesn't show it. While all we have are simply insinuations for the time being, it's either a deep concern due to friendship or her waiting for him to get over Menma. I seem to feel it's the former more than the latter, although the latter possibility cannot be ignored.

Anjou's obviously the torchbearer, however. She lit up with their excursion during the second episode, and no longer is afraid to be by his side even at his times of distress: she may not have defended him properly against his friends, but she showed where her heart lay, and she followed him to their meeting place, unafraid of shying away. That's a far cry from her chic and haughty actions during the first episode.

I can't say much about Tsuruko as not much is yet elaborated regarding her, but if she's held a torch for Yukiatsu I would say I'd be as much as a curmudgeon as she is.

EDIT: I agree with people who say that there's frankly little to discuss about this series, but that's not a bad thing for me. Not all anime are like Paranoia Agent or Tatami Galaxy.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 07:15   Link #519
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another great episode.

Yukiatsu's pretty pathetic. Not because he possibly crossdresses as Menma (although that's quite creepy), but because he still hasn't gotten over his inferiority complex after all these years. His lie at the end was so bad it was painful, especially considering how smug he was while saying it. I hope he'll manage to get over it.

After the comments here, I'm not so sure Yukiatsu is the one coplaying as Menma anymore. Tsukuro does seem like a likely possiblity. Speaking of her, she came across as a lot more sympathetic in this episode, and far less pretentious. I was pleasantly surprise she decided to play along, I thought she wasn't even going to come to their little party.

Anaru looked lovely with her hair down. That white one-piece dress suited her too. She's the character I like the most so far. She has her issues as well, but unlike the others, she's already trying her best to overcome them. She's living in the present, and isn't looking back on the past as much as the others (Jinta and Yukiatsu), it seems to me.
Old 2011-04-29, 07:19   Link #520
stormy001_M1A2

Anaru is gradually losing her mask, that's for sure. But how far she would go for him is another matter.

Plus I have another theory: she could be faking the ghost too. She adores Menma and have a thing for the dude. So maybe she could be the one who sashaying around as the ghost. Plus she has the one piece white dress.

That's the problem, there is so many possibilities and so little infos given. Speculation at this point is a bit iffy.

Tags
coming of age, drama, noitamina, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy