AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 16.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 26.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 26.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-16, 21:49   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:30   Link #2
OPN

Decent episode. Haruka was fun and the ending was cute. Though i don't like how their doing anegos and harukas relationship.
Old 2012-11-17, 15:16   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They finally decided to show an actual result of a fight, and the title, but I still think the "title" gag is way too slow in its "punch line" timing, so you have Masato froze for like 3 seconds before finally reacting... OTZ

Anyway, the direction of this episode is... sort of similar to Komari's route first ep, so it feels quite linear to have so many scenes with her that it makes you wonder why she had such a faint presence before ep7 despite being a major trickster that make the moral commitee running for their money...

Production wise, that was quite... bland to put it bluntly, and I have no idea how to comment the use of CGI for... marbles. It was so badly implemented you don't actually think the moral commitee girls were tripping these, but their layer -gliding- over the background OTZ...

Really, another disjointed episode. I can't say I'm expecting any better for the other characters, since they basically use a staunch and formulaic method to introduce them.

And is it me or did they change Kanata's seiyuu? She sounds wayyy deeper.
Old 2012-11-17, 17:45   Link #4
hyl
reading #hikaributts

(Oops accidently deleted my last post instead of editting it)

She still has the same seiyuu, despite sounding deeper than in the VN

Although it didn't bother me that much though.
Old 2012-11-17, 21:20   Link #5
Divini
Senpai!

Interesting ep. Haruka seems to give off the vibe of a 'ditzy genius'. She seems to be intelligent, like knowing how to fix stuff and using marbles creatively, but is too whimsical for anyone to take her seriously. Wonder what her backstory is?

Kud stole the spotlight for me. She so cute! It looks like she's the main girl of the next episode too, can't wait for that.
Old 2012-11-17, 22:03   Link #6
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So are Haruka and Kanata related or something? They looked way too similar to not be connected somehow, especially with how Haruka looked somewhat upset during that first encounter with Kanata.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-11-17 at 22:53.
Old 2012-11-17, 22:06   Link #7
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
(Oops accidently deleted my last post instead of editting it)

She still has the same seiyuu, despite sounding deeper than in the VN

Although it didn't bother me that much though.
At first, I'm also doubted whether Kanata got new CV, but seriously, I like Kanata's original voice from the VN. Her voice is my most favorite voice out of 9 girls. Wonder why she changed the pitch of her voice. I really want her original voice back. OTL

This episode is great that can focusing on Haruka. Only thing that bother me is the animation quality really looks poor comparing to what they have done in previous eps.

For Battle Rankings, wonder if they can do other couples with Masato not involved in, may be Haruka VS Mio looks really fun if anime can have it.

BTW, finally, Kud episode and Mio's first debut!!! the next episode will be an epic for me
Old 2012-11-17, 22:32   Link #8
Meltyred

It's commendable they can fit the scenes from various parts of common route, and introduce Haruka by mixing some of her scenes so it takes less time... but I wonder if they are gonna go Haruka route, or just go mix Kud introduction and Mio's one before going to another route.

Also, disappointing lack of Anego.
Old 2012-11-17, 22:47   Link #9
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So are Haruka and Kanata related or something? They looked way too similar to not be connected somehow, especially with how Haruka looked somewhat during that first encounter with Kanata.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were. Key stories seem to like those kinds of familial dynamics. Different last names but they could easily pass for cousins. Even if they're not related, they probably go back a ways, given how they react to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Interesting ep. Haruka seems to give off the vibe of a 'ditzy genius'. She seems to be intelligent, like knowing how to fix stuff and using marbles creatively, but is too whimsical for anyone to take her seriously. Wonder what her backstory is?
The focus seemed to be on her being a "liar," so I suspect she pulled something (or was wrongfully accused of pulling something) earlier in her high school life that saddled her with that reputation. If she wasn't clearly a bit of a troublemaker, I'd almost think that the disciplinary committee was just using her as a scapegoat. She has a knack for fixing stuff, it seems. Maybe she's a grease-monkey in the making?

Haruka's mostly harmless, but that marble stunt seemed a bit over the line. Does she just not grok the consequences of her actions? She nearly even had a civilian casualty.

Speaking of Cap-and-Cape, that book she's always reading is an English text she's studying, right? I assume her English is supposed to be bad as a running joke? Because if not...

Despite his cluelessness, Masato keeps coming off as a real stand-up sort of guy. It makes it kind of unpleasant when the Little Busters start to rag on him, especially the girls. It feels more natural and friendly when Kengo does it. Key's buttmonkeys usually bring the abuse upon himself, whereas Masato's only crime is often idiocy, his recent goading of the sword-girl notwithstanding. As a result, I find myself more irritated than amused when he gets berated.
Old 2012-11-18, 06:26   Link #10
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Is it me, of the quality of this episode dipped further after last week's episode?

But hey, at least Haruka would be the focus for the next episode or two... (or maybe three)
Old 2012-11-18, 06:28   Link #11
MartianMage

I actually found this episode to be pretty enjoyable. At least the gags were better this much around and I found Haruka likeable.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-11-18, 08:33   Link #12
novalysis

After the Komari arc, this episode is actually decent. Perhaps, it's because Komari's voice is no longer taking center stage - it really, really ruined an adequate plot, IMO, with a voice so squeaky that it broke my Suspension of Disbelief.
Old 2012-11-18, 08:37   Link #13
ookamigirl

Masato vs Rin sister.
He lost that fight right from the start.
There's no messing with her cats.
The playing catch part was fun to watch.
Kanata sure is a serious girl.
Saigusa on the other hand is a trouble maker, but is not always automatically guilty.
So Little Busters got another member..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-11-18, 09:42   Link #14
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Good, fun episode.

I like the Masato fights in how over-the-top they are. They're also pretty creative and humorous in the absurd "weapons" they incorporate, and in how those weapons are used. In this case, the nail-clipper actually did do it's job... it just was no match for the army of cats.

That being said, I agree with ThereminVox on the berating that Masato keeps getting. I hope that Masato eventually gets a couple good moments for himself to kind of make up for all the abuse he takes.

Haruka is a fun, quirky character. But yeah, the whole marble trick thing was downright supervillain-esque. It instantly made me think of The Joker.

Nonetheless, this Discipline Committee is rather harsh. In fact, this is how I currently think of the President: Fascist Pink-Haired Haruhi Suzumiya.

A very good foil, and fitting philosophical rival, for Riki, imo. I look forward to more confrontations between him and Fascist Pink-Haired Haruhi Suzumiya.
Old 2012-11-18, 10:01   Link #15
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Why all the heroines in this series so adorable and lovable? Oh wait, this is KEY. Right.

Best episode to date so far, in my opinion. Komari's arc came and went pretty quick, so overall I think this episode had more impact. Haruka obviously has her problems, but they dealt with revealing that in a more subtle manner than Komari, and I appreciated it. Not saying I don't like Komari, of course (Komari<3).

This series is gradually getting better thus far, so I hope it keeps its momentum. More Kud next week, so I will be in heaven nonetheless.
Old 2012-11-18, 15:22   Link #16
broken270
Defying gravity

I call this following random speculation.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-18, 15:44   Link #17
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Next up we're having a Kud episode...probably the only reason I'm looking forward to next episode (since I <3 Kud)...cause this episode made me groan, I really did not enjoy most of it.

Don't get me wrong, like before it was probably enjoyable for those without VN experience...but as a diehard VN fan...I find it harder and harder to enjoy the anime...which is killing me since I really wanted to love this damn thing...
Well, at least they are pulling a Majokoi...yet. I'd be out of here already if they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
I call this following random speculation.
Spoiler:
Haruka Saigusa...Kanata Futaki...get the names right please...
Old 2012-11-18, 16:37   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

very good episode....

but I bet this isn't the end for Haruka's arc... she still has something to do with that Kanata...

looks like J.C. Staff will take this anime slowly by letting all of the members to gather first before solving each of their problems (only Komari's problem is solved so far...)

Kud's joining in next episode... yay!
Old 2012-11-18, 19:52   Link #19
Seihai
スマイリウム

It's good that things have been episodic so far, that way they can shed light on the different characters evenly. Komari was nice, but Haruka is even more endearing because of how weirdly energetic she is. I feel like something is missing to the conclusion between Haruka and Kanata despite all the obvious hints to their relation... yet the next episode preview tells us Kud will have her turn to shine. I'm a bit irritated because of that but I'll look forward to next week anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Don't get me wrong, like before it was probably enjoyable for those without VN experience...but as a diehard VN fan...I find it harder and harder to enjoy the anime...which is killing me since I really wanted to love this damn thing...
One reason I'm glad that I'm not one of the VN fans (yet). I find the anime thus far great and enjoyable and when interested enough I will then go check out the source material which is probably superior. Double win!
Old 2012-11-18, 21:23   Link #20
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I actually enjoyed this episode more than Ep 6, both as an anime watcher and VN fan. That's all.
Closed Thread