AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-23, 05:34   Link #221
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
all three of the numbers that were going up against Subaru wouldn't have stand a chance against her if "Number 5" hadn't came up with the idea of "I hold her off while you guys run off with the captured victim".
Heck, "Number 5" would have gotten killed right there and then if Sein didn't come in and saved her butt.
Subaru went all out on this one and I give her credit for that, even after having her cyborg arm dangling and busted up.
Number 5 is called Cinque. And I like the way she looks, eyepatches always look cool when given the proper atmosphere and personality.
Old 2007-07-23, 05:37   Link #222
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
@humbug LOL... if you put it that way, it's ingenious. Jail was getting fundings from something that was supposed to protect GC, and like a good salesman, he shows the fruits of his labor and his sponsor's cash...by giving a literal demonstration to the sponsor. Man, if that's true, that's twisted as hell.
Remember in ep15, Regius was inquiring to Auris about the progress of the Einherjar project. Goes to show she is put wholly in charge of the project and Regius doesn't know a single thing. But she definitely wouldn't know a thing about the status of the Numbers' production, except if she, or someone under her is II(Duo was it?).

Working even better for our Doctor is that the Einherjar project needs to be top secret, and of course would need to be situated in some desolate, uninhabited world. What irony would it be, for TSAB officers to be working in Jail's factories without even knowing it.

Guess the only thing working against this argument is how she is seemingly more benevolent towards RF6 than Regius, which will seem to be overturned next episode, looking at its preview.
Old 2007-07-23, 05:37   Link #223
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Number 5 is called Cinque. And I like the way she looks, eyepatches always look cool when given the proper atmosphere and personality.
oh ok thanks for the giving her name... hopefully thats the last of the numbers already...too many names and characters.

But I also like her too, she caught my eye in episode 16. The hair color and eye patch is what caught my attention. I wonder if there's a demon eye underneath that patch of hers...

EDIT: I guess the next question on everyone's mind is when will the new opening premiere...
Old 2007-07-23, 06:19   Link #224
Nemesis

Sigh...........it appear Erio would have a bleak future in the series

Last edited by Nemesis; 2007-07-23 at 06:54.
Old 2007-07-23, 07:00   Link #225
Kenji_Chaos

omg this episode rocks~!
wat's with the cyborg arm o.o
and y do they wan ginga o.O
Old 2007-07-23, 07:46   Link #226
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Not to mention that she refers herself "姉" (Ane = Elder Sister) when she's talking with little sisters... quite unique, I must say
And Sei's "セインさん、到着!" was just... Sei, 空気読めwwwww

Anyway, Numbers seems to have quite a strong bond as sisters, wasting no seconds to go and help each other from close situation.
Hell, even Quattro, who doesn't look to be a type to help others, did her best to take Deici with her in EP12.
I wonder what made them so strongly bonded like that... they're all from same orphanage or something like that?
It'd be rather tragedic if they were simply programed to be so...
Spoiler for For these who got Magazine Previews:
Old 2007-07-23, 07:54   Link #227
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
there are always 2 sides to a story...and somehow i would like to take a look at the "life of a number" in that sense from their perspective cause clearly the are only acting on orders from Dr Spaghetti and are thus free of evil intentions themselves...to the numbers the aces and forwards are just another enemy they have to defeat to fulfill their "aim?" (do they even have one? i guess lutecia might have something planned out) ~ but their friendship bond are that of what the forwards and aces feel...sisterly love is sweet

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-23, 08:04   Link #228
Aaron008R

Just had the chance to watch aroduc's video clips(no speakers, though)...
Subaru and Caro went EXTREME here!
It's been a while since I've seen a DBZ-esque power up.
And damn, Voltaire was darned powerful! That fire attack looks more powerful than the triple Breaker shown in episode 12 of A's

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-07-23, 08:12   Link #229
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Let's go full circle and make Einherjar=Numbers, Client=Regius then.

Can't wait for the day Regius in the orz position, when it all goes to hell.
That would put a massive spin on things.. I wouldn't mind it going like that though.

Saw the ep earlier today..

HOLY SHIT that was good.
The action that we've all been waiting for has arrived in a massive way.

Next week is going to be awesome hopefully.
Old 2007-07-23, 08:37   Link #230
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Not to mention that she refers herself "姉" (Ane = Elder Sister) when she's talking with little sisters... quite unique, I must say
And Sei's "セインさん、到着!" was just... Sei, 空気読めwwwww

Anyway, Numbers seems to have quite a strong bond as sisters, wasting no seconds to go and help each other from close situation.
Hell, even Quattro, who doesn't look to be a type to help others, did her best to take Deici with her in EP12.
I wonder what made them so strongly bonded like that... they're all from same orphanage or something like that?
It'd be rather tragedic if they were simply programed to be so...
Well, since a part of the their programming allows them to incorporate data from earlier datas accumulated from their sisters, (( rookie VII performing decently against 10-year veteran Fate )) maybe it allows them to mutually share something more than just...data. Memories, experiences, stuff... coupled with individual personality, it makes up for a kind of unique relationship.

And in honesty, it's hard to see III and VII's reaction against Fate's "STFU" as something programmed, considering how even the all business slightly bitchy III looked politely sad at Fate's dismissal of her pseudo-birth father. That'd make things a little interesting, especially if despite their not-no-beautiful relationship, the Numbers sincerely consider Jail as their father, like how Fate even till the end of Season I was willing to fight for Precia's sake, if only she didn't... you know, stay a bitch even at the very end.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-23, 08:39   Link #231
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh I can see it now Eiro laying at Caor's feet bloody and half died, falling to her knees as tears swell in her eyes, then screaming in rage as the sky opens up reveling the dreaded Red-eyed, fire breathing, ebony scaled behemoth. Ready to reduce every thing in it's path to ashes....Exciting isn't it.
I guess my prediction pretty much came true...but the whole Subaru/Ginga being cyborgs thing totally caught me off guard.
Old 2007-07-23, 08:54   Link #232
Cloudy

After reading the spoilers,I have to say that Dr Scaggy might not be a one sided villian.

I think he had a personal vendetta against TSAB or witnessed some of the artocies TSAB commited while units like the RF6 didn't know about it,that led him to hate the TSAB.

Also antiheros like Light and Lelouch laughed sometimes after they succeded in doing their objectives.

I guess by the end of strikerS,people living in dimensions and areas under TSAB's control will be revolting against TSAB's rule and that might most like be the plotline for a possible season,which involves RF6 cleaning up the mess.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:17   Link #233
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Cloudy

One problem with that theory, his only vendetta is that the TSAB doesn't let him carry out his research. He didn't say anything about oppression or any other crimes. In the case of Lelouch, at least it was a fight against against a cruel power.

This is a case of greedy.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:30   Link #234
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Cloudy

One problem with that theory, his only vendetta is that the TSAB doesn't let him carry out his research. He didn't say anything about oppression or any other crimes. In the case of Lelouch, at least it was a fight against against a cruel power.

This is a case of greedy.
Objection! It's not clearly stated that Doc only conducts his forbidden research for his own sake. He may as well work for the common good. And it's unknown what made him turn to the world of crime to begin with.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:34   Link #235
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Objection! It's not clearly stated that Doc only conducts his forbidden research for his own sake. He may as well work for the common good. And it's unknown what made him turn to the world of crime to begin with.
I think we are looking at a Precia type character. Someone who started of with noble goals, but slowly turned to more and more desperate measures, untill they beca such that they endangered the lives of thousands, if not milions.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:37   Link #236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
You see, the keyword here is 'forbidden' ...

As far as I know, it's not a single 'forbidden' practice know to man, be it reality or fiction, that is disallowed for no reason.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:40   Link #237
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I think we are looking at a Precia type character. Someone who started of with noble goals, but slowly turned to more and more desperate measures, untill they beca such that they endangered the lives of thousands, if not milions.
It's possible. But Precia only needed JS power for herself, while Doc may have noble goals of mankind's further development, hindered by TSAB, who prefer sealing LL instead of researching them, ban promising technologies etc.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:40   Link #238
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

As far as I know, it's not a single 'forbidden' practice know to man, be it reality or fiction, that is put up for no reason.
Well, unless there's more to Project F than what season I implies, it's clearly not meant to be a weapon-development project, and Jail was the important honcho in developing its concept...

Ideas like resurrection through memory imprinting and cloning, however illegal they may be, isn't exactly something purely evil...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:44   Link #239
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:

As far as I know, it's not a single 'forbidden' practice know to man, be it reality or fiction, that is put up for no reason.
Giordano Bruno was burned for his forbidden research. History has many examples when something is forbidden unrighteously.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:46   Link #240
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, unless there's more to Project F than what season I implies, it's clearly not meant to be a weapon-development project, and Jail was the important honcho in developing its concept...

Ideas like resurrection through memory imprinting and cloning, however illegal they may be, isn't exactly something purely evil...
The thing is, it opens up a can of ethical worms that our world currently is just not ready to deal with the grotesque slippery slope of consequences, and it seems that Mid Childa buys that idea and that's why they are doing what they do...

Remember the Raelian cloners from our world? They went as far as to claim that they've created the world's first Fate Testarossa, and they were dismissed and cracked down upon. I think Scagletti is facing this fate, though he's much more successful at evading the hunters.

There's a thin line between genius and madness, and it's social acceptance. Villians like this can only be prosecuted for the fallout of their actions, not their research. That's the only way I can say how I'd press charges against Scagletti.