Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-11, 22:10   Link #421
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The point I made after that was the crucial one. "Trolling" is too strong and malicious a word. Part of what fiction seeks to do is play with our expectations, for better or worse. Consider what role this going against of expectations served for the overall narrative, the experience, why it was done during a lightning storm, things like that.

To be able to manipulate the audience (though this is just as much on the part of the audience, even if it's a timeshifted show like television and not a live one like theater) is something that takes talent, and should be admirable. To call it "trolling" debases so much of what goes into creating a narrative.
Well no I did not mean it like that but what you mean is the art of mind playing, which the whole setting succeeded and the preview is getting good at it too.
These are the rest of my comments about the episode itself...........The first thing that let's me think of is how sad it was to see Sora all alone here=>

and you can truly see the scene of the depression that she was in at this stage. That was kind of a nice throw that Ryouhei did with his bag here and it showed since it landed perfectly fine on his desk. Kind of liked how akira took care of Haruka with her massage. Showed a nice care of her for him. Oh how nice.....the gym uses bloomers. Another nice ecchi aspect I have seen in other animes and Kazuha's ass looks quite fine in them. Nice genuine satellite view of the school itself. It makes you see how the setup around the school can be different with all the different places that it shows. Kazuha's lunch is too much here but I will assume a lot of it is shared with Akira since she does not have much money to get food, which is shown also from what her lunch looks like. That cat on top of Akira. Is kind of a nice unique setup there for her. Oh wow! Haruka you pervert looking at this=>
Spoiler:
of Akira....this first part shows how much of a pervert he is.....at least he is healthy. Yahiro's introduction was fine but I can see she has almost as big breasts as Motoka. Ok I see what the visit of Haruka towards the temple of Akira was for......it was to get this nice bug net for Sora. It was also shown that she has a bug phobia. How cute and of Sora to hide behind her brother the way she did. I though she would know about Ryouhei. Sora's class introduction was kind of plane. She did not show any happiness at that time. Major fan service of Kazuha's bra/size of her breasts and panties here=>
Spoiler:

I did like the kocha kocha (I think this is the sound I heard) at this part.
About the Omake.

Yeah this part did make me think of mission impossible TBH. Too bad the music did not play like it did within the movie itself. Oh my! Motoka sees Haruka in chibi form naked! Too bad it was in chibi form.....it might have been more serious if in normal form.
Pretty much all I felt more or less around the episode. Of course Akira's water blaster and Sora's sudden hair spray to kill the bug were good highlights themselves.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-10-11 at 22:32.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 22:21   Link #422
Zexas

EP2:

hahaha should I say as expected?

Anyway this is more how I like it (less echi). As I suspected it seems that they need to create some sort of impact for the first episode to grab the viewer

Hmm It seems that they're going visit each heroine at the time which would make Kazuha -> Akira -> Nao -> Sora + Inchou and perhaps a little bit motoka and Ryouhei somewhere between.

Lol poor Ryouhei though, it looks like as if the animator could care less about him (he look pretty hideous in the anime)
Old 2010-10-11, 22:32   Link #423
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
I reviewed the record in an attempt to prove that the idea of Sora wanting to "cum to school" was externally inspired.

I found this first mention of that concept:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She was very annoyed when Haru talked to her about Akira and the ojou-sama. In fact, I think that's what she's requesting at the end of the episode. The lines are obviously very ambiguous, but I think she says she wants to go to school rather than... well, you know. Of course, that doesn't explain why she takes her clothes off...
This strikes me as a sincere original thought and sufficient evidence for me to retract my earlier accusation. Kanon may or may not be a "reasonable person" but she certainly seems an insightful one.

I am amused by the troll / artistic manipulation dichotomy and I'm afraid that this chasm of perception shall not be bridged.

I am sympathetic to both sides, but I must say that I appreciate a good "troll". As long as the justification is there (in this case I believe it is) and it's not just out of the blue, I say it's a fair cop and I will try to be more on my toes the next time.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:35   Link #424
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
take note that Motoko also wears her panties above her garter-belt, what can I say practical, if she wasn't into "cherry boys"
I don't understand you statement but to illustrate it=>
Spoiler:

I could think that to have sex it's as simple for her as to take off her panties instead of taking off her garter-belt. Damn she is one sexy maid TBH. Also it was obvious based on Kazuha's reaction here of how Haruka is a sweet talker after all. With just those words he got out of Kazuha's a blush.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:47   Link #425
karuroso

OMG the preview!!!OMG NNNNNGH !!!! it really looks like will be one yurilicious ep! can't wait!!
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 22:47   Link #426
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I could think that to have sex it's as simple for her as to take off her panties instead of taking off her garter-belt.
Or to go to the bathroom.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:53   Link #427
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-10-11 at 23:04.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 22:58   Link #428
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
It came to my attention and made me of why show this scene of Akira with those legs rubbing? Zettai ryouhiki charm?
Nope. Well, read ahead if you want
Spoiler:

Anyone who didn't see that "troll" coming needs to play more eroges/fap to more incest mangas/work on being less gullible. Heck, that wasn't even trying to troll anyone, they were blatantly making it obvious with all the imagination sequences that preceded the scene during the whole episode.

I liked the second episode overall. Didn't like the extra focus on "Ojou" though. Her sister is a different story. And Sora is always awesome. I didn't really like the fact that Sora was shown as scared of mosquitoes, but after reading someone's spoiler in this thread, I am glad that that wasn't the way the author meant to characterize her.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:18   Link #429
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Nope. Well, read ahead if you want
Spoiler:
Oh I see so that's why all this. Well Akira was super cute still despite all that. Really funny I would say.
Quote:
I liked the second episode overall. Didn't like the extra focus on "Ojou" though. Her sister is a different story.
Well maybe that is because Kazuha never had much time in the game itself....might be why but also because they might make her play a bigger role in the future of this series. Remember she is after all the most wealthy of all the characters.
Quote:
And Sora is always awesome. I didn't really like the fact that Sora was shown as scared of mosquitoes, but after reading someone's spoiler in this thread, I am glad that that wasn't the way the author meant to characterize her.
Mosquito? I though it was more something of a fly or bee. Well another thing is to show she is very girlish that is apart her sudden shy side too here=>
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-11, 23:22   Link #430
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmmm, this may be worth a look just from the disparate reactions to it.
Old 2010-10-11, 23:25   Link #431
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
[SPOILER="ep2"]Though with their reactions to each other... *whistle* I'm still anticipating something before this anime ends. I especially want something to happen after SchoolDaysHQ turned out to be the uttermost crap Overflow has released...
Oh no please! You just reminded of something I though in regards to School Days and that is
Spoiler for School Days anime:

Quote:
But... That scene where two people were on top of each other... (-_-) Another "trolling" by the staff?
Nope! Just Yuri stuff....most likely it will be between Kazuha x Akira.
Quote:
(PS: Ice cream *lick* *lick* GIF material~)
Fine, I will do them for you now! Give me some minutes.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-11 at 23:56. Reason: Do not spoil other anime in this thread
Old 2010-10-11, 23:38   Link #432
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

best show of the new season. gotta love the development. i'm interested in how this arc will turn out. Sora at school and blasted by water was hilarious.

for preview: obviously a continuation of the scene in ep 2.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:40   Link #433
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Oh no please! You just reminded of something I though in regards to School Days and that is
Spoiler for School Days anime:
Well, there is a chance the boy already had sex (rape?) in the past though... From the images in the OP and ED.

Quote:
Fine, I will do them for you now! Give me some minutes.
Oh! ( O_O)!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-11 at 23:56.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:42   Link #434
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Anyone who didn't see that "troll" coming needs to play more eroges/fap to more incest mangas/work on being less gullible.
My point exactly ... but I would suggest the opposite reaction

Quote:
And Sora was still great.
But it's hard to decide...
Dress and hair let-down...
or
Twintails and black tights...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah! I prefer the white dress. Anyway, she was really cute throughout the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Or to go to the bathroom.
Not practical when in a hurry or public places
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:45   Link #435
dark998

As expected, keeping the fanservice relatively low works wonders in this show. Plenty of nice scenes in the episode, like Sora getting freaked over a little mosquito and Akira blasting everyone with water.

Next episode: backstory of Kazuha and Akira. I don't like Kazuha a lot but Akira is my favorite after Sora, so looking forward to it.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:58   Link #436
wingman32x

Good episode. I loved Sora's insane reaction to a single mosquito lol. Kazuha seems to be a good character. I really enjoyed the scenes that she had with Haru. The pool scene was hilarious, with Akira Mowing everybody down with the hose lol. The cliffhanger was good, too. Can't wait for next week.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 00:02   Link #437
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
As expected, keeping the fanservice relatively low works wonders in this show. Plenty of nice scenes in the episode, like Sora getting freaked over a little mosquito and Akira blasting everyone with water.
I have exactly the opposite opinion, showing what the characters were fantasizing, and keeping the ambiguity (both in dialogue and visually) made the first episode different and so much more mature than any other eroge adaption. I can see that younger members of the audience jumped in because of the service and ignored everything mentioned, but what you can do. Certainly I rather have that than 2-3 shows that are carbon-copies of each other each season.

Let me give an example from the first episode ... Motoko, is shown mastrubating (with LOL audio), but then crying. In a hentai, you get only the first part of the scene, while in a date-sim or eroge adaption, you usually get the second scene completely out of context and you are expected to sympathize with the character, without having any real reason (i.e. because its a corny scene). Combining both of them showcases how lonely the characters feels, while giving depth and maturity.

By the way, I really like Motoko, let's see maid, lonely, troubled, ...
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 00:22   Link #438
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Well, there is a chance the boy already had sex (rape?) in the past though... From the images in the OP and ED.
Not sure about that but it is possible sex it might be still it might have been interrupted is what I am thinking TBH.
Quote:
Oh! ( O_O)!
Here are what you might be looking for=>

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/e1ff1856.gif
Another one=>

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/7f3372d8.gif
More to come.
Old 2010-10-12, 00:59   Link #439
typhonsentra

Why does this show have 2 separate ending sequences?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 01:05   Link #440
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's for the perverse meido-san omake. Which is kinda wasting minutes from the main story.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation