AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 376 64.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 86 14.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-31, 16:51   Link #541
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
and im not sure if anyone else saw my last post, but does anyoen get the feeling like schneizel is being made a good guy in a way?
Woot! Another person that shares my views!
No, you are not alone. I can see Schneizel could very well be the "lesser of two evils."

Quote:
and the ironic part is, how charles wants to remove all the masks in the world, but isn't he placing a huge ass mask on the whole world by going through with the ragnorak?
Charles plan was to destroy all that stuff though. it isn't a mask if it becomes reality.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 16:51   Link #542
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Suzaku is Lelouch's Knight of Zero.
Gah, I wonder how I forgot that right after watching it. o_O
Old 2008-08-31, 16:52   Link #543
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Suzaku is Lelouch's Knight of Zero.
I wonder if they planned this ahead. Logically 0 would rank above 1, but alternative meaning to Knight of Zero would mean literally Knight of Zero (as in the masked figure).
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 16:53   Link #544
snarf2691

wow this was a huge turn for the show. i was waiting for something big to happen and these last few episodes have shown us that we wont be disappointed.

and i so knew that marianne's "death" was v.v.'s doing.
snarf2691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 16:55   Link #545
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I wonder if they planned this ahead. Logically 0 would rank above 1, but alternative meaning to Knight of Zero would mean literally Knight of Zero (as in the masked figure).
I'm wondering if they planned that ahead as well.
Old 2008-08-31, 16:55   Link #546
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
No, you are not alone. I can see Schneizel could very well be the "lesser of two evils."
Honestly I always figured he was one of the greater evils . Never liked the guy all that much.

So just trying to break down the sides. Where is Anya and what side will she stand on? Since when they showed the Rounds for a brief moment she wasn't hanging out with them. Really feel for that girl who has had her life used way too much.
Old 2008-08-31, 16:57   Link #547
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I call for Anya being Lelouch. Even though she wasn't shown a month later, I reckon Lelouch and co. took her with her upon leaving the SoA and Kaminejima- she was right by the door, after all. And Anya may have questions for him.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:00   Link #548
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I call for Anya being Lelouch. Even though she wasn't shown a month later, I reckon Lelouch and co. took her with her upon leaving the SoA and Kaminejima- she was right by the door, after all. And Anya may have questions for him.
True that's about the most likely thing. She was in a pretty confused state so can't imagine she just started going around on her own. Besides its not like she has no connection to Suzaku and could just stick with him.
Old 2008-08-31, 17:02   Link #549
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post

Charles plan was to destroy all that stuff though. it isn't a mask if it becomes reality.
yeah just the way how it ended with him and his king piece, almost reminded me of lelouche in the beginning fighting his way to the emperor...

schneizel of the rebellion ftw

but honestly i hope that lelouche doesn't resort to geassing the whole world, that would go against what he fought for...even geassing the people in front of him to acknowledge him was kinda bad...well he can always cancel it after he makes the whole world understand his view, of course no one would acknowledge him if he just pounced out haha

Quote:
thats a very good point...but poor girl, being used so much
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:05   Link #550
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
I call for Anya being Lelouch.
I'm assuming that's a typo, but still...XD
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:06   Link #551
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Being WITH.
Old 2008-08-31, 17:07   Link #552
Bass07

How fucking epic was that shit, 10/10
Bass07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:08   Link #553
hero147

EPIC episode, pulled a Metal Gear Solid on us.....Too much information...Going to explode!
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:08   Link #554
mandarb916

Quote:
Care to explain why, or are you another fucker here to troll?
my my aren't we a little touchy.

Rushed pacing, significant missing time between ep 20 and 21, plot twist after plot twist with a brash disregard for consistency. Sure they might be rushed since there's a limited number of episodes available, however compared to ep..19(?) with the Tokyo battle, which was also rushed (but well done i might add), it had an air of plausibility whereas ep21 just seemed like content was tossed together to for the sake of creating plot twists.

V2 killing Marianne, then tampering with evidence by planting nunnally at the scene even though Charles had the memory rewriting geass, made no sense in terms of continuity...Lelouch not batting an eye when he was told Nunnally was found, etc.

The dialogue between Charles and Lelouch, imho, was really well done and goes to show that Fukuyama Jun does an amazing job as an extravagant over-exaggerating character (as he did in Valkyria Chronicles as Maximillian). VV's voice acting sounded more...forced...than before.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:09   Link #555
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
Why is it that people need this episode spread out over like 5? Was it too complicated for you? Too much info to handle??

If you have trouble with it, let me know (and not just "it felt too fast"), gimme reason why you don't understand
I'm sorry, but the fact people didn't enjoy the episode like you did doesn't mean they didn't understood or felt it was too much to handle.

As for me, I can say Episode 21 basically ruined both seasons in mere 20 minutes. Why is it?

Basically, the whole portrayal of Charles was absolutely deceiving into irrational proportions. Pretty much like what several people said, Charles was a ruthless emperor that used Darwin's theory to its full extent to the point he was the direct cause of many miseries. Yet, the scripters make him look like a good guy?
That is nonsense. The most ridiculous point is actually how they show him as a "caring father"... sure : why would he order rolo to kill lelouch should he recover his memories of being zero?

What is even more ridiculous is the "KEIKAKU DORII" effect in the end. Charles and Marianne planning lelouch in that stuff? This is basically nonsense as well. How would they know he would be able to contact CC? How would they know he would want such revenge and being so successful? Lelouch had a lot of sheer luck and could die in many fashion. Since geass is very "customized" to the user, how would they expect him to have such convenient power?
The whole deal with code geass is that its premises is conflicting with its real background which is the biggest issue here.

Basically we have 2 nutcases characters who wish to end the world and turn it into a soup with the dead and whatever. AND they wanted to protect their children.
The good part of this episode was how Lelouch rightfully demonstrated that both parents were just silly.

Now, let's go further shall we? We have the world of C that is under the effect of geass, which was considered as god...
Okay, so the power of the kings, which was shown as able to have an effect of human brain... suddenly was able to enslave a god. And now, the biggest fun is that jupiter is no longer in available and whatnot...

And the most interesting part: the execution. Not only everything was poured in not even half the episode, but the characters were simply like stakes. Charles knew what Lelouch was trying to do, yet he is leaving him using all of his speech about whatever he could do etc?
What about Suzaku barging in the fray while Lelouch seems to understand his point here? They skipped a lot of things and dragged also meaningless points... Let's also add the fact that they again used a time skip instead of settle things between Suzaku and Lelouch.

Finally, we have got schneizel having fun on his side as well...

I honestly cannot see that as "good writing" at all: they abused their ability to surprise the watchers, and broke their own scope of the stories. R2 suffered a lot of its pace and themes issues but episode 21 was the pinnacle.
They piled up too much twists to the point it just disjointed the story into... "before" and "now".
Basically we have "before R2 episode 21" and "after". Certainly great in continuity... not.
Old 2008-08-31, 17:09   Link #556
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Okay, thank you. I just don't like people branding something as horrible without reason. Apologies.
Old 2008-08-31, 17:10   Link #557
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post
I'm wondering if they planned that ahead as well.
Haha they made it really ambiguous.

Spoiler for 21:

Script is completely flip. I didnt really like how they story unfold with charles but the ending
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:10   Link #558
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
thats a very good point...but poor girl, being used so much
Yeah is too bad that she was being used like that. Hopefully after leaving that space she was given the choice and decided to stick with them.
Old 2008-08-31, 17:11   Link #559
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
my my aren't we a little touchy.

Rushed pacing, significant missing time between ep 20 and 21, plot twist after plot twist with a brash disregard for consistency. Sure they might be rushed since there's a limited number of episodes available, however compared to ep..19(?) with the Tokyo battle, which was also rushed (but well done i might add), it had an air of plausibility whereas ep21 just seemed like content was tossed together to for the sake of creating plot twists.

V2 killing Marianne, then tampering with evidence by planting nunnally at the scene even though Charles had the memory rewriting geass, made no sense in terms of continuity...Lelouch not batting an eye when he was told Nunnally was found, etc.

The dialogue between Charles and Lelouch, imho, was really well done and goes to show that Fukuyama Jun does an amazing job as an extravagant over-exaggerating character (as he did in Valkyria Chronicles as Maximillian). VV's voice acting sounded more...forced...than before.
found nunally? i thought they meant when they found out nunally was still alive in Japan, as in, when she became governor...

u know what im saying? Like "oh she's still alive? that means lelouche might be somewhere too"...i think it was referring to when she became emperor, not after she got blown to nothing by the nuke

NUNALLY IS FRIGGING DEAD DAMNIT - is what i wanna say^ just read what i wrote, it makes sense
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 17:12   Link #560
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

OMFG, I literally burst out to heaven when lelouch stood up defending the humanity's "future". A true King of Change.

This series is amazing.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote