AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 09:18   Link #41
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well that is the great thing about this series, filler works for it.
They could very well have this season all filler, some side tour and slice of life nonsense again and leave the big tour for later.

But the chance of them going with anime original for the big tour is possible, I'd guess that probably won't sit well with some manga readers but I'd be ok as long as they put as much thought into the AO stuff as they did with the 1st season.

Atm just waiting for my Nodoka-chwan~!
AO is "adult only" ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 14:39   Link #42
King-Slayer

The manga is Bi Weekly. But it has had two month long breaks

Whatever they decide to do with the anime whether it be an ova, a second season, or a filler season i will be fine with it. I just miss animated Saki and hope, like the others, that they put as much thought into it as the first and more yuri/ shoujo ai moments from our lovely girls
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 15:37   Link #43
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Filler is fine. I wasn't aware people watched it for the plot.

In before more Nodoka and Saki blushing at each other for the next 26 episodes.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 16:11   Link #44
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Some watched it for the game.
Old 2011-06-29, 19:08   Link #45
tsunade666

I didn't understand the game nor know how to play the game but still I enjoy them playing the game even though I didn't understand a thing on what hands are they playing.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:53   Link #46
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^ i second This!
Old 2011-06-29, 20:56   Link #47
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I didn't understand the game nor know how to play the game but still I enjoy them playing the game even though I didn't understand a thing on what hands are they playing.
If/When you do learn the game -- and you go back and watch -- the series actually gets better.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 22:21   Link #48
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Some watched it for the game.
You called?
Actually, I didn't watch it for the game, but for the flashy and over the top game .

Some of the flashback stuffs can work pretty well for a filler, if they do it right. I missed Hajime.

Other loli are fine, too.
Old 2011-06-30, 01:05   Link #49
Marina2

You know, while Saki failed to teach people how to play Mahjong, it was very successful in motivating people to learn how to play Mahjong.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 01:35   Link #50
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
You know, while Saki failed to teach people how to play Mahjong, it was very successful in motivating people to learn how to play Mahjong.
Indeed. The series made the game appear badass and INTENSE. This brings the follow up reaction of "WTF, I wanna play this game too".

And FYI, I had a buddy doing English teaching in Japan deliver me a mahjong set. XD
Old 2011-06-30, 09:55   Link #51
tsunade666

Is there different style of mahjong set? I'm not familiar with the game but from what I see in the old people playing it in my country. It looks different from the one in saki. Or maybe it's just the terminologies because... well they just show their hands and that's it. So just from watching those old folks. You can't learn a thing. They do it for gambling which reminds me of another badass mahjong manga.
Old 2011-06-30, 10:35   Link #52
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
If/When you do learn the game -- and you go back and watch -- the series actually gets better.
Yeah, knowing the game makes the series looks so much better..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Indeed. The series made the game appear badass and INTENSE. This brings the follow up reaction of "WTF, I wanna play this game too".
This series made me have second thoughts on Mahjong.. Though I played mahjong(Singaporean style) since young, I'm not really that fond of it..

But the awesomeness of this series made me revisit mahjong and since then I've been learning about Japanese mahjong and their winning hands..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 10:51   Link #53
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is there different style of mahjong set? I'm not familiar with the game but from what I see in the old people playing it in my country. It looks different from the one in saki. Or maybe it's just the terminologies because... well they just show their hands and that's it. So just from watching those old folks. You can't learn a thing. They do it for gambling which reminds me of another badass mahjong manga.
Yeah so many different style of mahjong set according the country... like my country they use animal tiles instead wind tiles and dragon tiles... playing mahjong also different from country to country... japanese mahjong have dead wall, dora, ura dora and riichi sticks that really dif from other mahjong... If Saki playing chinese mahjong she can't win because she can't use rinshan kaihou lol... Every country also have different yaku/winning hand anyway... You just need to remember is every country have different style and tiles in mahjong...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 14:39   Link #54
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Yay,more crazy loli yuri mahjong!

Hoping they just transfer it to AIC and use the same staff as season 1

(now where's akagi S2 to go with it?)
Old 2011-06-30, 15:29   Link #55
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You called?
Actually, I didn't watch it for the game, but for the flashy and over the top game .

Some of the flashback stuffs can work pretty well for a filler, if they do it right. I missed Hajime.

Other loli are fine, too.
Who doesn't like super-powered mahjong? Saki made it seem fun to play and of course the characters are pretty awesome with their yuri antics
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 09:11   Link #56
tsunade666

Saki made the game looks fun that's why she ended up winning against Koromo
Old 2011-07-01, 09:53   Link #57
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I received news of this too after buying volume 8. I just wanted to point out there was a bonus manga volume featuring Maho-chan (Nodoka and Yuuki's classmate). Maho-chan does get some action in volume 8 so it wouldn't be surprising if her story was animated.

There's no date for the new anime though so for all we know there will be enough of Nationals covered in the manga to start the anime.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 15:49   Link #58
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
If Saki playing chinese mahjong she can't win because she can't use rinshan kaihou lol... Every country also have different yaku/winning hand anyway... You just need to remember is every country have different style and tiles in mahjong...
I'm not sure if you're referring to which chinese mahjong but most of it are quite similar, Taiwanese, Hongkong, Singapore/Malaysia.. Just that Taiwanese and Hongkong syle have 16 tiles mahjong too..

But to your quote, even in chinese mahjong, Saki could still win by Hua Shang Zhi Mo(Rinshan Kaihou) just that it doesnt add any Tai(Fan).. So she still can win by it, just that it's not able to pick up any bonus Tai/Fan for her..

And I can so imagine Saki collecting all those flower tiles and animal tiles, which adds to their Tai/Fan total.. And then suddenly Tsumo for the win by drawing the replacement tiles..

By the way, Saki would have win bonus money/points for Singaporean Mahjong for those Kans, animal pair and flower pair and having read the rules for Taiwanese Mahjong, it's an automatic win if you have 7 of the 8 flower tiles and the last flower tiles get exposed with the person who exposed it being the loser, getting all 8 is like a tsumo win with a Mantai(Yakuman) score.. Not just that every Kan is a Tai/Fan in Taiwanese Mahjong, so Saki's mahjong is still pretty damn bloody good in other style too..

Finally back to topic, I would LOVE an anime on Maho.. She have one of the most incredible ability out of everyone..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 04:12   Link #59
Kyuu
=^^=

Simply judging on the first season -- Saki doesn't seem to emphasize much on the Dora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao
I've been learning about Japanese mahjong and their winning hands..
And here is a table comparing some set rules from selected variations:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong...tions_compared

Having learned about mahjong more and more -- mainly by actually playing the game via Tenhou and against AI -- the Japanese style has two main attractions:

1) Dora, which can turn outright useless hands into... OMFG WTF just like that. This is especially true with Ura-dora and Kan-dora, when applicable.

AND

2) Riichi. That allows players to put pressure on the table, forcing players to actually play defensively (knowingly).

Sadly, the scoring system is its weakness. Sure, if your hand is countable beyond 5 han, it's easy. But below that... y'need to count two variables; then match values to a table. Meh... I just complain based on playing the game via computer only. Yet, I'm aware of people who gather to play. All I have to do is show up.
Old 2011-07-06, 07:22   Link #60
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
It made my games became messier that it already was. You know, Rinshan is a hand that newbie shouldn't try to archive .

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri