AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-14, 18:31   Link #1281
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^ nothing, the image seems to be what they were going to reveal next week ^^'

@T-6000 it's not that jazzed up though. The bg is quite basic, the body is a bit messed up (someone here mentioned it looks like she has no butt- she does, the angle is just really awkward) and the clothes are coloured oddly- way too soft-brush heavy with no texture and the pose is a bit off. What DOES look really really nice is the hair, face and overall style. I like it a lot, although of course the anime will likely look more, well, "anime-ish"... that can't be helped.
The style itself looks nice, though I didn't mind the style of the original anime version either back in the days. It's pretty in its own way.
All in all, imo the image is so-so though and I would've thought they'd have wanted to put in a lot more effort for the first reveal than letting someone with an addiction to the soft brush go wild on it xD
Well, here's hoping this leak will induce them to put up something more substantial next week, although we'll probably have to wait a while for the next image >
Old 2014-03-14, 19:27   Link #1282
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Omg, watching this will be a nostalgia rollercoaster...

My one hope with this adaptation that they keep with the manga...dark, death, and all. (Plus, animate Sailor Cosmos...omg! I want to see her!)

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2014-03-14, 22:04   Link #1283
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Okay, so... the Internet airing part of this as opposed to airing it on TV...

What does this mean for those of us who don't understand Japanese...?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2014-03-14, 23:12   Link #1284
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Nothing, since it will almost certainly be officially subtitled.
Old 2014-03-15, 01:56   Link #1285
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Not just almost certainly, it will be officially subtitled in ten languages including English.
Old 2014-03-15, 03:36   Link #1286
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Should be interesting if Usagi is voiced by Aoi Yuuki and Luna is voiced by Emiri Kato.
I don't see Urobutcher anywhere on the cast list, so I think it's fine either way. XD

Speaking of seiyuu, Hikasa Yoko for Rei plox! Maybe Kanae Ito (or her soundalike Kanemoto Hisako) for Ami? Not to sure on Jupiter, but I rather like Misato Fukuen's tomboyish stuff (or the VA who did Yuuma in Strike the Blood). And on the subject of StB, I wouldn't mind if Minako sounded like Aiba, so Asami Seto gets my vote for her. And if they get far enough, maybe Ogura Yui for chibi usa.

Actually, I'd take practically ANY active seiyuu, as long as they aren't a part of the original cast. Like I have said before, leave the remake for the young'uns who grew up watching Sailor Moon... certainly want to see their take on it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2014-03-15, 03:40   Link #1287
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Okay, so... the Internet airing part of this as opposed to airing it on TV...

What does this mean for those of us who don't understand Japanese...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Nothing, since it will almost certainly be officially subtitled.
We already got an announcement last year that they will have subs in 10 different languages.
Old 2014-03-15, 04:14   Link #1288
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
...other than the fact that it seemed like Tuxedo guy was always having to save Sailor Moon and I always wondered why he didn't just stick around and beat the bad guys himself.
Well if memory serves me right... All Tuxedo Mask ever did was show up, throw a rose, give an inspirational speech and then leave. He was kinda useless, really. I seem to also recall hearing that the anime director didn't like his character, which is probably why he never seemed to get as much focus as the rest of the cast. Reading the manga these days I must say he comes off considerably better there. During the second arc he even manages to get an offensive attack that actually does something! Who'd have thought?
Old 2014-03-15, 04:45   Link #1289
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Well if memory serves me right... All Tuxedo Mask ever did was show up, throw a rose, give an inspirational speech and then leave. He was kinda useless, really. I seem to also recall hearing that the anime director didn't like his character, which is probably why he never seemed to get as much focus as the rest of the cast. Reading the manga these days I must say he comes off considerably better there. During the second arc he even manages to get an offensive attack that actually does something! Who'd have thought?
To be fair there were a few times he would directly toussle with the foes in the anime.

Season 1 had him doing quite a bit, for example, as compared to Season 5, where he literally did nothing (though that is part of the story so I will not spoil it for those who have not seen it).

Generally though I agree that the manga source was better on many fronts (for my taste, at least), I thought there was much to enjoy throughout the first 5 season, 200 ep anime adaptation.

Even so, I am very, very interested to see what will be done with the second adaptation - and not just for Tuxedo Mask's effectiveness or the like. ^^
Old 2014-03-15, 05:32   Link #1290
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally! An image. Now to wait for a trailer.

Here's a translation of the image if your interested.
Old 2014-03-15, 05:40   Link #1291
T-6000

If memory serves me right, in the Manga Tuxedo Mask was becoming frustrated that he couldn't do much. Especially when the Dark Moon Kingdom started to abduct the Sailor Soldiers and thus he had to sort of fill in for them and protect Sailor Moon. But he developed that "Tuxedo Smoking Bomber" (At least I *think* that is what it was called) and thus he was able to hold his own in a fight. Perhaps he was not as powerful as the Sailor Soldiers but he was able to fight and adapt. In the Anime he was really overpowered (and cheap IMHO), able to easily defeat opponents that the sailor soldiers had trouble taking out, constantly saving Sailor Moon (hell, it became a tiring formula), and could do just about anything by throwing one of his roses. Until somewhere in the S series Tuxedo Mask was starting to have some trouble, and in the Super S series the Sailor Soldiers were actually more powerful than him. Hell, in the Super S movie he had received a serious beatdown. And don't get me started on how arrogant he could get, but at this point I'm starting to repeat my earlier posts on how I tend to like the Manga Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask more this his Anime incarnation.
Old 2014-03-15, 05:57   Link #1292
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Agree with the above, as Mamoru is one of the reasons that made me enjoy the anime less than I could. I just hope his character is handled better in the new anime.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2014-03-15, 08:54   Link #1293
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Not just almost certainly, it will be officially subtitled in ten languages including English.
At the same time? Or will there be a delay (i.e. like days, weeks, months) to any showing in English?

Sorry for the stupid question. Just want to make sure.

Old 2014-03-15, 09:13   Link #1294
konart

Quote:
At the same time? Or will there be a delay (i.e. like days, weeks, months) to any showing in English?

Sorry for the stupid question. Just want to make sure.
From they way it was said - at the same time. Just different subtitles on nico you can chose from.
Old 2014-03-15, 09:58   Link #1295
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
From they way it was said - at the same time. Just different subtitles on nico you can chose from.
Okay.

Having never used that site before, I know nothing about it. I see that there are some English sections, but it doesn't seem the clearest to me... I guess I've got a few months to figure it out before I need to use it to watch this stuff.

Old 2014-03-15, 10:05   Link #1296
konart

Quote:
Okay.

Having never used that site before, I know nothing about it. I see that there are some English sections, but it doesn't seem the clearest to me... I guess I've got a few months to figure it out before I need to use it to watch this stuff.
Well, basically, it's japanese youtube. Not much difference from any other tube-like site.
Old 2014-03-15, 10:08   Link #1297
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Am I only one that thinks Usagi's leg ends on where her back begins (as in, she has no butt) in that preview image. Her face looks more shoujo-esque and I do not think that level of detail will be seen in the series (at least in the action scenes).
Usagi with the pancake ass
Old 2014-03-15, 10:12   Link #1298
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She was what, 12 when the series starts?
Old 2014-03-15, 11:14   Link #1299
Casshern

14, and it's mostly obscured by ribbons in that pic. We wait so long for them to give us something and what do people have to say when we finally get a pic? That she has a flat ass. Seriously...
Old 2014-03-15, 11:54   Link #1300
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Yeah... it's coming back now. Sailor Moon would be losing, then BAM! rose. Cut to Tuxedo Mask who gave some kind of one liner, and then walked away.

I was always thinking: "Hey, Tuxedo guy, you can kick ass with roses - why don't you just stay and beat the bad guy since you are obviously more skilled then Moon girl."

I'm remembering more and more now.

Amy was my favorite character. Partly because she liked books and I liked books. She liked computers and I liked computers. Main reason though was because she had what had to be the lamest power - she could shoot bubbles - yet she did more with it then the other characters did with their more awesome powers. Every single time Amy would show up and immediately do something. Whether laying down cover, or distracting the bad guy, or something. Yeah, maybe she wasn't as powerful, but Amy did her job every single time. Half the time the other girls would stand around trying to figure out what to do.

I also remember Venus as older than Sailor Moon. My sister tells me that I'm wrong though, and that Venus was the same age as Moon. For some reason though I remember Venus as basically an older more mature Moon. Like Venus was what Sailor Moon could be once she grew up a little.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo