AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-07-11, 19:06   Link #61
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
I can see the fear spreading among the other students at First High faster than the respect. Tatsuya and Miyuki are members and future leaders of the Clan responsible for hunting down Magicians who break the Law and the Yotsuba do have a reputation for taking revenge against anyone who offends them.
I'm sure the former isn't known to the general public.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 19:17   Link #62
Kadia

^ are u saying that Miyuki's position as an heiress to succeed Yotsuba will not be known to general public?

It's said in the preview that their non-blood relation are announced and with the circulating notices through magic association, i think we can assume that their status should also be spread? i mean Miyuki as an heiress, Tatsuya as her fiancee and Maya's son
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 19:25   Link #63
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
^ are u saying that Miyuki's position as an heiress to succeed Yotsuba will not be known to general public?

It's said in the preview that their non-blood relation are announced and with the circulating notices through magic association, i think we can assume that their status should also be spread? i mean Miyuki as an heiress, Tatsuya as her fiancee and Maya's son
I meant the part about the Yotsuba cracking down on law-breaking magicians. Even Katsuto said he didn't even know what they did.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 19:51   Link #64
amtro
Distro

You all need to consider the very real possibility that Tatsuya may intend to ship Miyuki with Masaki. Also depending on the proposed marriage arrangement we could have some very interesting developments.
Old 2015-07-11, 20:01   Link #65
steam fish

sudden thought, is it possible the publishers will try to avoid sibling romance like they did for oreimo?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 20:10   Link #66
amtro
Distro

We'll have to see, they've already established that Tatsuya and Miyuki aren't true siblings.
Old 2015-07-11, 20:46   Link #67
Iramohs

Quote:
You all need to consider the very real possibility that Tatsuya may intend to ship Miyuki with Masaki. Also depending on the proposed marriage arrangement we could have some very interesting developments.
He won't. Now that he's aware of Miyuki's feelings he wouldn't do that to her.

Quote:
sudden thought, is it possible the publishers will try to avoid sibling romance like they did for oreimo?
It's against the law so show incest in a positive light in Japan. The downsides of incest in Mahouka have been thoroughly demonstrated through Minoru. There's also the fact that genetically they're not similar. It's like a loophole.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 21:27   Link #68
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
That's what I was saying a while back, that things would have been different if Miyuki had not confessed. Now that she has, and especially since he heard how much she suffered over those feelings, he's definitely unlikely to do anything that would hurt her.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 21:31   Link #69
anonfr

Quote:
More than anything, I want Miyuki to step up and reject Masaki personally, regardless of Tatsuya and everyone else. Harshly, if need be.

That's not out of dislike for Masaki's characters though, as much as I do dislike the whole objecting to their engagement thing.

I'm thinking about Miyuki's mirror monologue about being forced to give up, having no choice, all she can do is wallow and suffer in a world that won't let her get what she wants.

Then, when Maya states they can get married, she says she had given up and then suddenly she doesn't need to give up. I see it as, now that she doesn't have to give up, she absolutely won't.

So, I'd like to see Miyuki take the state of her relationship into her own hands. Regardless of whether or not Tatsuya ships her with Masaki, regardless of whether or not the yotsuba branch heads decide to secretly back Masaki (They seriously might. I know it's nonsensical since Miyuki is the new Clan Head, but I think they might) Regardless of anyone else's opinion at all. If Miyuki herself decides to reject Masaki, he'd probably lose heart and give up. If Masaki feels the need to challenge Tatsuya, I'd rather see Miyuki fight Masaki herself, or at least say she will.

I think it'd be a good way for her character to move forward, or grow. This whole time she's been maintaining an image of being the perfect woman, the perfect little sister, the perfect ojou ETC... But we get to see underneath that sometimes, we get to see that she'll purposely pretend to know less than she does, or restrain herself because she believes she has too. Now that a fact of life that's been restraining her for so long IE: I can't be with my brother; has been lifted, I'd like to see her grab the freedom she gained with that and be more proactive.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 23:32   Link #70
MRD143

It would be nice for the Branch Heads and Masaki to see the true face of the Ice Queen that Miyuki keeps hidden behind the Ojou Sama Facade.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 23:53   Link #71
Echizen777

Even if there is a rejection it will not be as most of you expect it.
1.Miyuki can't really say she refuses here, the request is addressed to Maya and I doubt they can discuss about all of this while they are with the other clans.
2.Miyuki has no idea Masaki loves her and he is probably not the one who made the request anyway, she will probably think it's only the wish of his parents, they already know that Tatsuya has been chosen anyway, usual misunderstandings, though maybe Tatsuya will reveal it to her.
3.Miyuki will never drop her facade before Tatsuya especially now that she has almost what she wants.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 01:38   Link #72
MRD143

Tatsuya probably wouldn't be surprised or shocked by Miyuki's true face he is Yotsuba after all.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 02:29   Link #73
Iramohs

Quote:
2.Miyuki has no idea Masaki loves her and he is probably not the one who made the request anyway, she will probably think it's only the wish of his parents, they already know that Tatsuya has been chosen anyway, usual misunderstandings, though maybe Tatsuya will reveal it to he
I'm sure Miyuki noticed his feelings. She trolls him when they meet during the first thesis competition and during volume 15 she helps Tatsuya manipulate him into helping.

Quote:
Miyuki will never drop her facade before Tatsuya especially now that she has almost what she wants.
This could very well happen actually. Miyuki kept up her facade as the perfect little sister but now she's openly declared her feelings for him. There could be a major attitude shift towards other women around Tatsuya from Miyuki. I actually feel bad for Honoka in this instance because there's nothing she can do.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 03:08   Link #74
Kadia

Speaking of forlorn women after hearing the engagement, does Honoka's though process/feeling still be reciprocated by Pixie? i wonder what kinds of facial expression Pixie would show? Actually, i like to see Pixie having more screen time.

In this engagement ordeal, i feel sympathy toward Ayako and Honoka the most.
Old 2015-07-12, 05:49   Link #75
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
We'll have to see, they've already established that Tatsuya and Miyuki aren't true siblings.
Wait wait wait... I haven't read Vol.16 translation but I thought spoilers said they were true sibling but Miyuki was modified and Maya claimed Tatsuya as her son to make them cousin.

can anyone confirm the sibling relationship? I'm starting to get confused now.
Old 2015-07-12, 06:31   Link #76
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Wait wait wait... I haven't read Vol.16 translation but I thought spoilers said they were true sibling but Miyuki was modified and Maya claimed Tatsuya as her son to make them cousin.

Yes you are right. That's all true but the public shall believe they're not siblings (siblings don't marry each other) even though in reality they are siblings (same parents), event though genetically they're not (Miyuki is modified). simple isn't it.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 07:23   Link #77
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post

Just read it before Aug 8, u r missing the hyped train...Confirmed they are legitimate siblings but genetically not that y Maya's "Presentation" is needed.
Old 2015-07-12, 09:08   Link #78
erbrah

Quote:
I'm sure Miyuki noticed his feelings. She trolls him when they meet during the first thesis competition and during volume 15 she helps Tatsuya manipulate him into helping.

This could very well happen actually. Miyuki kept up her facade as the perfect little sister but now she's openly declared her feelings for him. There could be a major attitude shift towards other women around Tatsuya from Miyuki. I actually feel bad for Honoka in this instance because there's nothing she can do.
Miyuki just thinks Masaki was Tatsuya's opponent, she had no recollection of dancing with him in 9SC arc.

For your second point, Miyuki just didn't want people to use her brother. (ex: Sayaka for Blanche.) There is no reason now for Miyuki to let others get romantic advances on Tatsuya now, because they are engaged. So Miyuki is entitled to monopolize Tatsuya romantically.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 10:58   Link #79
Zeborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Tatsuya probably wouldn't be surprised or shocked by Miyuki's true face he is Yotsuba after all.
I'm pretty sure he mostly knows. There are instances in the novel where he points it out, like the scene at vol 13 when he tells Miyuki that she has all the traits to be a wicked girl too.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 21:04   Link #80
amtro
Distro

So how long is it going to take Miyuki to break Tatsuya's shell and topple him, any guesses?
It's going to be fun to see a possessive bitch Miyuki protecting her turf from harem orbiter hoes.
I just hope she doesn't become an outcast as the preview is hinting.

Tags
political intrigue