ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihon View Post
She's actually done quite a number of voices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiromi_Tsuru
Uops, I misunderstood!
I was referring to the seyuu of Miyuki Wakamatsu, she is the owner of the most adorable voice ever done in an anime. Yoko Oginome, she did the voice of Miyuki at a tender age, after that she went to pursue a career in music and was successful at it.
Old 2008-09-21, 23:32   Link #22
nihon
夢見たい
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr View Post
Uops, I misunderstood!
I was referring to the seyuu of Miyuki Wakamatsu, she is the owner of the most adorable voice ever done in an anime. Yoko Oginome, she did the voice of Miyuki at a tender age, after that she went to pursue a career in music and was successful at it.
Aha. Yeah, she didn't really do much voice acting after that.
nihon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 21:55   Link #23
lixuelai

Lol Miyuki and Touch are probably the two most famous Adachi Mitsuru mangas. I was in Japan over the summer on a study abroad and my host family who is a professor and his wife has seen both. Was pretty funny.

Anyway I have Chinese subbed Miyuki to completion. However the anime did not finish airing before it was axed. I ordered it from China along with Hiatari Ryouko. Talk about hard to find... -.-" If anyone is interested in the Chinese subs I can probably upload them however the quality is not very good.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 19:46   Link #24
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

I have seen them in spanish sub, and that suckssss, it is so badly translated. I have the files I just want a decent translation now. well, we have some until ep 13, but...
Old 2008-09-25, 00:32   Link #25
nihon
夢見たい
*Fansubber

Quote:
I have seen them in spanish sub, and that suckssss, it is so badly translated. I have the files I just want a decent translation now. well, we have some until ep 13, but...
If someone has the files and is willing to send them to me, I can see what I can do as far as translation. I don't have a ton of extra time, but I'm sure I could translate it faster than it's being done right now (which is pretty much not at all).
nihon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 07:36   Link #26
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
I have seen them in spanish sub, and that suckssss, it is so badly translated.
That's because, if I recall it correctly, it was the latin-american version from South America instead of the spanish from Spain.
Old 2009-02-28, 18:14   Link #27
Nosauz

Miyuki is great but I like touch/h2 better, his baseball manga is the best, hands down. Also katsu was kinding iffy for me. But yea my top 3 would be touch h2 and miyuki, cross game may weave its way in there but it depends on how it finishes up
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 18:30   Link #28
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

With Cross Game I'm just having the same feeling I had with Katsu, don't know why.

With Miyuki, both manga and anime was another feeling, entirely different. I guess the eighties were a very prolific era in many artistic areas, at least I feel inclined to seek a lot of material from that era, be it, anime, music or cinema.

The anime of Miyuki may not had succed so well as the manga, mainly because of the ending, but it did have that wonderful seyuu at the time, doing Miyuki Wakamatsu, I never get tired of pointing that.
Old 2011-01-19, 01:52   Link #29
tyciol
*Artist

I'm wondering, does this series ever get mixed up with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyuki-chan_in_Wonderland ? I'm guessing that CLAMP work is either licensed or simply never subbed since the search only showed up this one, which seems interesting based on bab's summary so will look into it =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan View Post
The whole thing lies in the fact that they are not blood related: Masato's father married Miyuki's mother, and when her mother died she went to live with him overseas. The story starts when Miyuki comes back to live with Masato.

He's not sure if she knows they are not blood related, so he behaves as if they were: she has no other relatives and he doesn't want to hurt her by making her realize she has no "real" family in the case she didn't know.
This seems EERILY like the plot of the new anime that aired this month, Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1753.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Good news. After 2 years and 5 months of patient waiting, we now have a new inspired group who has just picked up subbing Miyuki from where it was left off. Rejoice, for there is a subtitle for episode 12.
I see that Genki-subs did 12-13, but does this mean that Miyuki no Tamari did 1-11? I only see 1-8 displayed, were 9-11 taken down or something perhaps?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 15:10   Link #30
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post

I see that Genki-subs did 12-13, but does this mean that Miyuki no Tamari did 1-11? I only see 1-8 displayed, were 9-11 taken down or something perhaps?
I actually don't even remember watching MnT version. I vaguely recall another group who started on this project about couple of years earlier than MnT. Hmm......

Okay, after taking a look in the AniDB database, the group was Konichiwa who subbed episode 1-11 in the span of 3 years or so. They started out in 2004 and was in joint collaboration with another group called Phoenix Anime. I couldn't find any link to their torrent, so no wonder AnimeSuki can't even list it despite the fact all links for this show by any group are all but dead. I also remember there were RAWs available up to episode 15 or so.

This brings back a lot of memories about my earlier days of anime watching. It used to be normal for a fansubbing group to take a few weeks to few months to release an episode. When Naruto anime started airing I thought some fansubbing groups were crazy fast when they started releasing their version in less than week.

Now a days if I don't get my fansubs within 24 hrs of airing, I get anxious.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 15:45   Link #31
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

What Adachi and Clamp have in common? Nothing.

Yeah, I remember the Phoenix anime guys. One of them had a really bad temper if I recall well. They had a forum online for some time.

It's incredible but Miyuki had two different releases when they popped out on the web. I also have the Phoenix-anime versions. I think that Phoenix anime versions were better or had more seeders, which was a important factor back then (and still is anyway).

Tyciol, you need to check Adachi titles, like Touch to get in "touch" with quality anime.

For those who want the Miyuki episodes, check here; http://www.mangadownloads.org/forum/...p?topic=1879.0 Dual audio with Japanese RAW and Spanish Dub.
Old 2011-01-19, 22:03   Link #32
tyciol
*Artist

I've already seen everything Touch =) Except for the 3 movies that are like summaries of the series, will get around to those but don't tend to prioritize the recaps.

Thanks for the link ragnarok will check it out.

Edit: Sadly I didn't take advantage of those thinks when you mentioned them and now MU is down

Last edited by tyciol; 2012-02-12 at 12:54.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:22   Link #33
sangofe

Just a heads up: FroZen-Evil's subbing Miyuki
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 22:39   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ah, the earliest popular manga I can think of that is the "fake sister" romance manga/anime, which I guess is a precursor to full incest stories about them. XD

But is it just me, or the lip synch was particularly atrocious? I don't remember Touch being THAT bad, and I highly doubt its my setting either as everything else synchs.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 03:31   Link #35
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Just a heads up: FroZen-Evil's subbing Miyuki
Holy cow meat, it is TRUE! I just saw the torrent for episode 8, and it took a minute to sink in. I just hope this group is able to finish subbing this series once and for all, and etch their name in history of fansubbing where they can boast about how they didn't fall victim to the accursedness of fansubbing Miyuki like so many other groups in the past.

Good job guys and keep at it!
Old 2014-01-21, 02:00   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Necroing the thread and my justification is Frozen-Evil successfully got past episode 13 of this series where all previous English fansub group failed to do so in their attempt at subbing it. Congratulations guys! What a milestone. All of you are my heroes.

Enjoyed episode 19 a lot!