Old 2009-10-21, 05:46   Link #261
Used Can

I'm waiting for Oz to go mad again.
Old 2009-10-21, 07:01   Link #262
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
It seems Lily was there a hundred years ago at Sabrie so.. Break is going to be one sad clown anyway if that's true.

Ada..Vincent seems to be playing her that way with his involvement. A sacrifice to the Abyss maybe?
speculation for ada in future: Vincent will play with Ada's feelings for a while, tell her that "are u lonely without your onii-chan? You have the power to change the past, etc"

then Ada becomes an illegal contractor (I am guessing with W-rabbit or Will of Abyss, w/e u want to call it because they both want "oz")

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 07:31   Link #263
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Grr, I can see Ada becoming a tragic character like that unfortuantly. One of the themes in the series is people making contracts with the Abyss to accomplish something and having those contracts go horribly awry. But at the same time I don't think that every person in the series is going to end up with a contract so I would just say that Vincent is going to use Ada as a hostage, but that's already been done with Sharon so maybe Vincent will just throw her in the Abyss, push Oz over the edge and then see what happens next.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 07:42   Link #264
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I'm waiting for Oz to go mad again.
More like finally break down. The number of near BSODs he had in the recent chapters were just about concurrent. Hate/Love to see how Oz's is going to let go when no one's around to rein him in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
speculation for ada in future: Vincent will play with Ada's feelings for a while, tell her that "are u lonely without your onii-chan? You have the power to change the past, etc"

then Ada becomes an illegal contractor (I am guessing with W-rabbit or Will of Abyss, w/e u want to call it because they both want "oz")
If she can get out. It seems Alyss (Alice+Abyss) is stuck down there. Other than that, the price of fulfilling a contract with her is going to enormous, given that she's definitely no regular chain. (If she even counts as one?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Grr, I can see Ada becoming a tragic character like that unfortuantly. One of the themes in the series is people making contracts with the Abyss to accomplish something and having those contracts go horribly awry. But at the same time I don't think that every person in the series is going to end up with a contract so I would just say that Vincent is going to use Ada as a hostage, but that's already been done with Sharon so maybe Vincent will just throw her in the Abyss, push Oz over the edge and then see what happens next.
Seems that way. Though I'm expecting alittle bit more in that direction, especially after Jack's method of sealing Glen was revealed. Ackt. D:

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 11:25   Link #265
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Seems that way. Though I'm expecting alittle bit more in that direction, especially after Jack's method of sealing Glen was revealed. Ackt. D:
Gah, I was eating when I first saw that scene too. Guuuhhhh, the manga-ka has a sick mind....
Old 2009-10-21, 13:55   Link #266
Shianu

Send a message via MSN to Shianu
When oz again use b-rabbit powers. ı can't wait !
Shianu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:09   Link #267
Used Can

I'm still wondering who/what Oz actually is. I used to think he was just Jack's reincarnation, but then they said he was a container (which would usually count as a reincarnation, but then they said if Oz died, Jack would return, or something like that).

In addition to the fact he can use B-Rabbit's power (well, that could be attributed to his status as an illegal contractor), and he seems to have DID.
Old 2009-10-21, 16:11   Link #268
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The way I have interpreted it was that Oz is his own person (his own body, mind, soul, all that good stuff) and that Jack's soul happens to reside in his body as well. Reincarnation would indicate that it's the exact same soul and since what Jack did seems to be similar to what Glen was trying to do I'm inclined to say it's more like a possession than reincarnation. I'm just curious if Jack's soul has been in Oz since he was born, which would explain why his very birth was a sin but leaves a big plot hole on how Jack knew that Oz would be so pivotal, although that could be blamed on the time-shifting nature of the Abyss and Jack took advantage of that; Or if Jack's soul entered Oz later, like at the coming-of-age ceremony when Oz makes the bell toll and Oz only saw Jack for the first time after he got out of the Abyss.
And pardon all my run on sentences, grammar does not seem to be my strong point today.
Old 2009-10-21, 16:18   Link #269
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

here is what I found out in chap 42:
Spoiler for Spoliers of chap 42, DO NOT SEE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!:
~Kezia~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 18:19   Link #270
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kezia~ View Post
here is what I found out in chap 42:
Spoiler for Spoliers of chap 42, DO NOT SEE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!:
I saw that one before and I'm not believing it until I see the translations. Would be interesting though...
Old 2009-10-21, 20:40   Link #271
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

Quote:
I saw that one before and I'm not believing it until I see the translations. Would be interesting though...
I want to see the translations about...
Spoiler for again, don't see if u don't want to be spoiled:

EDIT: one manga has the latest chapter of Pandora Hearts

Last edited by ~Kezia~; 2009-10-25 at 19:34.
~Kezia~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 11:11   Link #272
Tormenk

Just got Vol 8. There's a short story titled "Pandora Hearts". Seems to be the proto-layout for the Pandora Hearts we know now, with Gil, Oz, Abyss and Pandora, Contractors around. Though the meaning of those terms differ by some here.

Also a couple of pages that I don't think was covered in the manga translations are in here. Reim comes from a noble house as well and has been working in the Barma house since young. He was tasked with delivering some letters from Rufus to Cheryl one day. Duchess Cheryl tore up the letters after reading them and since Reim was told not to return until he got a reply from her, he stayed at the Reinsworth household for two years.

Old 2009-10-26, 11:36   Link #273
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
J Reim comes from a noble house as well and has been working in the Barma house since young. He was tasked with delivering some letters from Rufus to Cheryl one day. Duchess Cheryl tore up the letters after reading them and since Reim was told not to return until he got a reply from her, he stayed at the Reinsworth household for two years.
LOL, I guess that must've been the period when Break came through the gate? That actually explains soooo much....

And chapter 42, the answer to all the worlds mysteries!
Spoiler for Okay not really, more of a transitional chapter, I suspect a new arc will start up in two chapters or so.:

So, any other comments or discussion?
Old 2009-10-26, 12:23   Link #274
Tormenk

Quote:
LOL, I guess that must've been the period when Break came through the gate? That actually explains soooo much....
The last panel actually has Cheryl answering chibi-Sharon's plea of a new brother with Reim.

The royal family probably survived the tragedy of Sablier. Otherwise the remaining noble houses would have engaged in bloody fighting to take over the country, the Vessalius household wouldn't have been as prominent as well.

As for Break, his actual age is probably like nearly fifties by now I guess? Add to that it is his 2nd contract. Double the stress of not aging as well.

Old 2009-10-26, 19:49   Link #275
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I know a few people on the PH LJ came up with some really good timelines the other day explaining the ages of Break and Sharon and the rest, and I remember Reim being there! I had been puzzled when it was said he was Duke Barma's servant since I remembered him at the Rainsworth house, the trouble of having crazy masters I suppose.
Old 2009-11-28, 07:38   Link #276
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Anyone read chapter 43 yet?
Spoiler for Chapter 43:
Old 2009-11-28, 09:52   Link #277
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Anyone read chapter 43 yet?
Spoiler for Chapter 43:
Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 15:28   Link #278
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

A combination of laziness and curiosity if anyone else would revive the thread kept me from posting about this month's chapter. Soooooo
Spoiler for hopefully better late than never, chapter 43:

Wow, that was more than expected, again. XD It's not even like a ton happened in this chapter.
Old 2009-11-30, 00:15   Link #279
Aryu
Rest... yet not

Finaly got through all chapters
Spoiler for About few things:

Ohh.. Wall of text and it is looks messy.
Sorry for grammar mistakes, there should be quite a lot.
Old 2009-12-21, 01:48   Link #280
Used Can

Holy Hell! Chapter 44 was.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Tags
fantasy, shounen