AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-12-28, 21:27   Link #61
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

So I heard that there is a small-but-popular festival called "Nagato-Fest" that is exclusively devoted to Doujinshi of Nagato Yuki of Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu that has been going on for the last 3 years now.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 21:56   Link #62
brocko

just couldn't resist

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 21:59   Link #63
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Aww come on, Yuki-chan would appreciate 1000 or so people gathering to appreciate how cute she is, just for her, wouldnt' she?
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 23:58   Link #64
mandarb916

just got back from C75 day 2...
wasn't as bad as it was made out to be....the line was about 1~1.5km, but very civil and moved along at a reasonable clip around 10:30am. Took about 45min to get into East Hall 2 where I was headed after disembarking. Picked up the 3 CDs from Vagrancy that I wanted and after that, just meandered around which was fun in and of itself.

Had a chance to listen to a few doujin CD albums and bought a couple of them. Headed to the industry booths...was tempted to buy Kano Yui's new CD single album to get a voucher for the meet&greet but 2pm was far too late for my tastes (still not even 2 yet and I'm already home lol)

Wore an undershirt, a turtle neck, a sweater, and a wool coat. Aside from after climbing up a set of stairs to get onto the train, it wasn't so hot and muggy that I had to take any clothes off. The hall did occaisionally reek of horrible horrible BO and was packed pretty badly. Despite the crowds, though, nothing like walmart during black friday and people being uncivil. Makes sense as to why it's been so successful for 30(i think?)+ years.

All-in-all, was an interesting and fun romp around Big Sight. While the demographic seemed to be centered around early to mid/late 20's, saw a number of really young looking kids as well as a few folk who could easily be in their 50's+. I think it's worth going to if you're in town during that time of year just to see how crazy things will get lol.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 03:46   Link #65
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Well, just to let peopel know, I was 50% successful... only arrive 1.5 hours before opening so I didn't get in the hall until 11 AM, (oops), but I did manage to snag a copy of Yellow Zebra's Touhou M-1 grand prix 3 DVD which was SO worth the 1000 yen...
The Maikaze touhou anime ova was already sold out though by 11:30.

Also grabbed something from the dealer's room that was requested and a few interesting looking doujin shooting games and one awesome 8-bit style CD called Rockgirl (touhou music remixed to sound like megaman music ). Avoided the East hall COMPLETELY.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 05:15   Link #66
mandarb916

just got back from Akihabara, post comiket, but man was it crowded as all hell with a lot of people buying stuff that was sold out at Big Sight. I have to admit...it smelled pretty bad in Akihabara too
Old 2008-12-29, 13:15   Link #67
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Comiket day 2 went ok for me as well. My party of 8 left at 3:30am and got there shortly before 4.

We got in shortly after 10, and I went straight to Maikaze (the touhou anime). Tried to get more than one copy but apparently demand was so high that they were like "no, one only." I think Maikaze ran out around 11. It was brutal. Only 4 of our party got a copy.

Also lined up for Angel Type and Happy Birthday. And I left the place at around 2:30pm.

Going over now....today I only plan to spend the first half lining up - not gonna line up anymore after 12, LOL. Gonna enjoy the rest of my day....TAKE IT EASY.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 00:40   Link #68
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

I heard someone jacked a car just to attend Comiket.

Quote:
I heard that there is a small-but-popular festival called "Nagato-Fest" that is exclusively devoted to Doujinshi of Nagato Yuki of Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu that has been going on for the last 3 years now.
Really? That's nice of them.
Old 2008-12-30, 00:47   Link #69
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
I heard someone jacked a car just to attend Comiket.

Really? That's nice of them.
That doesn't make any sense because you aren't allowed to come to comiket in a car.

you MUST take public transportation according to the rules. (well I suppose you could park at one of the malls about a mile away and walk, but that'd cost a ton)
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-12-30, 02:34   Link #70
mandarb916

was doing the seiyu listening thing along Yurikamome today since i'm heading back to inaka tommorrow. Come Ariake/Kokusai Tenjijo...man...the people that boarded and sat next to me smelled like they hadn't showered for days :|

Mizuhashi Kaori has the best station announcement voice along the Yurikamome route imho
Old 2008-12-30, 03:24   Link #71
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
That doesn't make any sense because you aren't allowed to come to comiket in a car.

you MUST take public transportation according to the rules. (well I suppose you could park at one of the malls about a mile away and walk, but that'd cost a ton)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1315

There you go.

EDIT: Further reading into the Japanese source says that he wanted to jack the car to get to Tokyo, not Comiket itself. Whoops, my bad.

Last edited by ZephyrLeanne; 2008-12-30 at 03:59.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 15:52   Link #72
Shadow Kira01

Whoever made this outfit must had put a lot of time into it, not mentioning that putting it on is more of a pain..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 17:19   Link #73
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post

Whoever made this outfit must had put a lot of time into it, not mentioning that putting it on is more of a pain..
He must have had like 3 squires to put his armor on for him ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 21:41   Link #74
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Only went to Day 1. Got there around 5:30 and headed straight for the doujinshi circles I was interested in. I didn't check out the corporate booths until around noon, but it looked like the lines weren't that bad (except for fans of Key and Type-Moon, not to mention the Nanoha franchise and Higurashi).
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 01:45   Link #75
michiru

Japanese comiket is free to enter. Why do other conventions need fee?

Is there any reason?
michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 01:52   Link #76
xKeen

In my place,conventions are done in malls.Meaning they need to rent that spot for the convention.But it isn't that expensive,around $15 my currency.

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 02:29   Link #77
npcomplete

Isn't Comiket run entirely by volunteers? plus maybe sponsorship from commercial vendors?
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 05:40   Link #78
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Wrong and wrong.

1. Comiket is held in Tokyo Big Site, one of the largest convention centers in all of Japan. Renting both halls of that place for 3 days is probably ludicrously more expensive than any other anime convention in the world (with the slight exception of Animeexpo, perhaps).

2. COmiket is mostly volunteers, but there are a core group of paid executive staff that are in charge, just like most anime conventions.

The reason it is free is because it is one giant artist's alley. The doujin circles pay fairly decent amounts of money for a table, plus there's also the hall with all the official companies that pay large amounts to have booths and sell limited merchandise. With over 1000 groups a day, for 3 days, at $30 each or so it costs to pay for the application + $100 maybe for the table itself (not sure of the cost), that's $1/3 million right there, also, you need a catalog to find anything in the place, and those are sold for 3000 yen or so beforehand. So it's not exactly free either. (200,000 people a day *$30 = 1.5 million)... I'd say there's at least 2-4 million in income just from all those numbers.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-12-24, 17:04   Link #79
mandarb916

Long shot, but...wondering if anyone's going to C77 on the 31st and might be able to pickup and ship an artbook from the circle S.E.C...willing to compensate for time and effort as well via paypal or some other method...
Old 2009-12-24, 17:28   Link #80
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Anyone knows what are the Nendoroid and Figma exclusives this C77?

I've only heard that Marisa Nendoroid could be exclusive.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote