AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 09:16   Link #11701
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Static characters are boring. Yes, Inami couldn't have known she was innocent so he's being irrational about being angry at himself. This just makes him more human since human beings, especially hormonally addled teenagers, act irrationally at times. It's part of growing up and moving on. Almost all our fics follow this: Senpai's has Ichika and Dan being blood knights due to rage, Rain's has Kyuukai angsting about killing and cursing more than he should, and mine has the three protags unwilling to let go of their past mistakes and keeps influencing them.
Old 2011-12-07, 09:25   Link #11702
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

This maybe? I know it's less beefy but... DOUBLES AS MOTORCYCLE!
Good GOD the 8 BIT GRAPHIX!!

But this actually passes. oO

Too bad these things can't fly... wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah - Um.....it looks like a Gundam Besides, that thing looks way too big to be partially summoned or even dodge anything. Why don't you try looking for mini mechas on deviantart? Otherwise, you can ask Stratos for designs since he's making a story based on this concept.
Its a Huckbein; of course it looks like a Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
The picture you posted of the purple thingy isn't so bad you know?
Yes, its my top choice. The pilot can even do a princess carry while fighting off other IS, which are all shorter than this frame.

It's the manliest of IS Man Frames. Its so manly it even has MAN in its name! /Powerthirst

It is also my protagonist's choice of device in [Magical Lyrical Nanoha], and it would be really confusing should I crossover...

...so in the mean time, I'd avoid Planet 193 carrying an army of Sankt Kaiser Panzerin, unless I can't avoid it.

Quote:
@ Meistah - Do you want it to be Ironman thin or more bulky than that? They separate into either powered armor or mini mecha's respectively.
Bulkier, in fact so bulky it looks like someone gave IS muscles.

...like the Exbein Boxer above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Don't forget another faction that is trying to steal things and take people with them to somewhere even more crackier.
[Nezumi], huh...

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Amusement/gunbike/cast.html

And we have a winner! The lead design for the Pisces Stratos system!! And as the years pass, we'll have PS1, PS2, and then PS3!!!

And not forgetting the version which can transform into a suitcase - Pisces Stratos Personal!!!

This is my "sub-IS" system, which really is just an IS frame without a core and less a LOT of gizmos. It uses IS Condensers to power the suit, and so must be recharged by other IS. It is about late G1 in terms of strength, but can be mass-produced and both men and women can fly it. But due to weight limits, only children can fly it. Adults would drain the battery too quickly.

...why does this sound like some God King Brave anime now?!
Old 2011-12-07, 09:36   Link #11704
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's a whole lot of Destroids and a Monster you found me...

I'd also have Mospeada to fall back on come to think of it.

But I'll stick to Gunbike as its a trike, and trikes are rare these days. So the Pisces Stratos system is as you see in my post above.

Thanks nonetheless!
Old 2011-12-07, 09:40   Link #11705
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Is Maximillian going to use that? I can see him on a motor bike going around the field and issuing orders like a badass I wonder if he'll get some admirers or plus points from his LI's that way
Old 2011-12-07, 09:50   Link #11706
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Okay I'll spoil: Remember when I said he's leaving at the end of second year, and Louise takes over as Club Advisor? He pulls a [Big Damn Hero] in Season 6 (3rd Year) astride a PS3.

But the PS plays increasing roles starting from S3, while being tested at ISA. The PS2 will feature prominently in S4 and S5, and S6 with the release of PS3 will set the stage for the climax in the last ST@RS season, #7!

The ace piloting the PS1 is a potential love interest for Karon. Irish, better look out. Or learn to ride that thing.
Old 2011-12-07, 09:56   Link #11707
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Why does Max leave? Is his contract terminated or something? Usually, valuable personnel are kept, especially considering the fact that he has knowledge about ISA that a lot people may want.

Does Browining briefly go fangirl before realizing who he is? That'll be a funny scene: Her going from impressed to trolling once she sees his face

Side note - I thought Karon was a chaste/celibate idol and you didn't want me pairing Irish with her? I was going to drop the IKaron festival draft since you said so a few pages ago.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:02   Link #11708
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - Why does Max leave? Is his contract terminated or something? Usually, valuable personnel are kept, especially considering the fact that he has knowledge about ISA that a lot people may want.
He's only attached to the ISA for 2 years, after that he wanted to go to university and get started on his PhD. It is only with the ST@RS in trouble did he accept DART's request to return as a Reservist Captain leading the new PS3 squadron to support his former command.

Quote:
Does Browining briefly go fangirl before realizing who he is? That'll be a funny scene: Her going from impressed to trolling once she sees his face
It's quite obvious who he is, as his radio transmissions appear before he does. Besides, the way the PS3 fought was signature of Max's [Strike Where Unexpected] command strategem. It was a daring strategem using only fast and light units, with potential for high casualties, and is a strategem the more conservative Tsubomi never used.

Quote:
Side note - I thought Karon was a chaste/celibate idol and you didn't want me pairing Irish with her? I was going to drop the IKaron festival draft since you said so a few pages ago.
Shipteasing.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:10   Link #11709
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Ah~ So it was more like a student teacher course, then? That explains his young age and somewhat unprofessional personality then.

I was expecting it to be a bit like a "nasked rider reveal" actually But that works too, and maybe he'll actually get some respect from his former group mates instead of the constant flack he gets

Side note - Then do you mind if I just make the festival draft more platonic? Majority of the scenes can be seen that way and I'll just take out the romantic bits.
Old 2011-12-07, 13:39   Link #11710
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Go right ahead. And maybe I might pull a masked reveal after all. Anyway, I'll know what to do once I get there.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:59   Link #11711
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Thanks All I have to do is edit out the kiss scene, anyway. Most of the festival is just her dragging him around to let hik have some fun.

@ Senpai - Can you tell me some of Ichika's abnormal traits like his faster reflexes or other superhuman abilities?
Old 2011-12-07, 17:42   Link #11712
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Can you tell me some of Ichika's abnormal traits like his faster reflexes or other superhuman abilities?
Twins!Ichika: Extremely-fast reflex, super precise vision, eidetic (photographic) memory, fast recovery, enhanced immunity to disease.

Twins!Madoka: Fast recovery, innate flexibility, nocturnal vision (can see in the dark), Mnemonists (unusual ability to recall long lists of information), natural compass (gravitation and magnetic related)

Quote:
@ Senpai - I meant his powers like the speedy reflexes or the slow down focus. Shouldn't his body be suffering any effects from this like pain in the eyes or muscles?
No, Ichika (and Madoka) has no limits. Laura (and later, Rito) has superior eyes (slow motion display), but both has inferior reflex compared to Ichika.

As for his body, well, he has rather quick fatigue and injury recovery (part of his innate power) so a momentary power boost (such as that punch injured Laura or him containing Shenlong's punch) is no problem.

Still his body can only go as fast as he utilize and train them (as Houki noted in chapter 1, he has extremely swift movement but he has too much waste movement). It's up to how efficient he used his body limitation.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-12-07 at 17:52.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 18:23   Link #11713
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So his body has the required secondary powers to withstand it then? Ayumu from Kore wa Zombie Desu ka has super strength but packs the secondary powers to use them so his arms get ripped of when he uses them. Good thing he's a zombie.

Also, how do you think I should have the other characters in Shadow find out about Irish's gynophobia? Serious or comedic moment?
Old 2011-12-07, 18:40   Link #11714
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - So his body has the required secondary powers to withstand it then? Ayumu from Kore wa Zombie Desu ka has super strength but packs the secondary powers to use them so his arms get ripped of when he uses them. Good thing he's a zombie.
Yes, he has.

For example, Ichika has fast regeneration and recovery, but due to the nature of his nerves (being reinforced and super fast) he should feel more pain than normal human do.

This is mitigated by the fact that injured part has their nerves shut off periodically, making the pain feels like pulsing jolt (once each few second) than continuous pain.

Quote:
Also, how do you think I should have the other characters in Shadow find out about Irish's gynophobia? Serious or comedic moment?
Both, at first it's played for laughs, and then reality ensues...
Old 2011-12-07, 18:44   Link #11715
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So it's a double edged sword then? In a regular fight, its a real pain in the ass and sometimes he can do better without it. In a prolonged fight to the death, its extremely helpful since the effects last longer. That about right?

I know how to play it for laughs, but how do I do that for reality? Him spazzing ain't exactly the most serious or dramatic situation.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:51   Link #11716
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - So it's a double edged sword then? In a regular fight, its a real pain in the ass and sometimes he can do better without it. In a prolonged fight to the death, its extremely helpful since the effects last longer. That about right?
Nope, he'll need medical assistance. The fast regeneration only noticeable in small injury (such as small bruise and cuts). For example most people need few minutes for a small cut, Ichika only took 1 minutes tops. So, actually it's MORE useful in a normal fight.

Quote:
I know how to play it for laughs, but how do I do that for reality? Him spazzing ain't exactly the most serious or dramatic situation.
Really? Just make him looks like someone that almost died due to blood loss, they also spazzing out...
Old 2011-12-07, 18:55   Link #11717
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What about serious injuries like broken bones, burns, or other grievous damage? Those take weeks to months to heal.

Also, who do you think should find out first? Maya?
Old 2011-12-07, 19:05   Link #11718
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - What about serious injuries like broken bones, burns, or other grievous damage? Those take weeks to months to heal.
Yes, of course. Ichika will heal faster, still I was talking about the lack of need for medical assistance.

Quote:
Also, who do you think should find out first? Maya?
Maya or Tatenashi, pick your poison.

EDIT: going to school, see ya.
Old 2011-12-07, 19:18   Link #11719
Eratas123

@ Senpai - See ya Senpai!

Questions for when you get back - Does anybody find it odd in Sacred Twins that Ichika's so hardy? I would question if my friend suddenly regenerated a cut in less than 5 minutes.

How do you think each would react? Maya might start panicking, but I doubt Tatenashi will do the same.
Old 2011-12-07, 20:35   Link #11720
kazuma via america

guess who's back peoples XD that is right and so is Akabane lol

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest