AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-07, 21:05   Link #121
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Ebichu only watch the half of an episode.
Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball , Beyblade and Sailor Moon theyare all crap for me.
Rose Of Versailles is so boring.
Old 2004-03-07, 21:11   Link #122
Night

texnolhyze and FLCL

regardless of what anime i do not like, i can appreciate an audience that would like it.
angelic layer and god forbid beyblade.

but texnolhyze and FLCL, omfg they are the crappiest anime i've ever seen and i cannot think of a single person that could possibly like it. they are both so completely out from left field i don't even classify it as 'abstract' art. or whatever bs someone else may conjur up to defend those 2 anime.
Old 2004-03-07, 21:12   Link #123
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Absolutely atrociusly braindead:
Drag-on Ball Z (the biggest piece of festering sh*t to ever come out)
Gowcaizer
MD Geist
Tekken (and most other fighting game based series)

Still damn bad:
Digimon, Monster Rancher and crap like that
Hakkenden
Blue Sub Nr.6
Ghost in the Shell-movie (I was pissed for a long time about how they could so utterly ruin such a good series)

Well, that's anything I can think of right now.
I thorougly enjoyed Sailor Moon, btw (except SuperS which had way too much of the abominable Pink Spore Chibi-Usa )
I wonders me that there are so much gay guys in here who apparently don't like young girls in short skirts :fingers:
Old 2004-03-07, 22:04   Link #124
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
Ebichu - cause it was just...odd and made NO sense at all...

DBZ - ..kinda obvious

Digimon, Pokemon, Gundam Wing - Ugh....i hated the sotrylines cause it didnt go ANYWHERE and made no real sense

Naraturu - I'm sorry but it was a waste of sititng through 7 episodes. the plot was bland and the children where the depressed type of kids I read about in my contemporary issues class that i hate
Old 2004-03-07, 23:36   Link #125
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Nak, im going to have to agree with you. I tried to convince myself narutaru was decent and dark, but after 8 episodes... NOOO !!!
Old 2004-03-07, 23:36   Link #126
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Don't know of many anime series that completely suck. What I really hate about some series is the horrible endings. Some current anime series that have terrible endings: Narutaru, Star Ocean EX. I enjoyed both. The endings however, could have been done MUCH better.

I will NOT watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. I do not care for all the symbolism. I dispise Shinji. And the ending's symbolism turns my stomach. Great animation, but that is my only prop for the series.
Old 2004-03-07, 23:47   Link #127
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgadis
...I will NOT watch Neon Genesis Evangelion...
Yay, more Evangelion bashing... as if.

Personally I find that the really bad ones are usually good for laughs. I dislike a lot of series and have trashed subs and tapes but they aren't like "the worst anime ever made."

If this is about buying DVDs and feeling totally ripped off I just gotta say watch out for ADV, they have some real turkeys in the vaults.
Old 2004-03-07, 23:59   Link #128
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgadis
Don't know of many anime series that completely suck. What I really hate about some series is the horrible endings. Some current anime series that have terrible endings: Narutaru, Star Ocean EX. I enjoyed both. The endings however, could have been done MUCH better.

I will NOT watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. I do not care for all the symbolism. I dispise Shinji. And the ending's symbolism turns my stomach. Great animation, but that is my only prop for the series.
Eva bashing? noooo ;_;

Try watching Lain all the way through in one sitting. It's mind-numbing because they try to cram so much into your hea din once episode. I think the anime is over hyped. Sit through that piece of work and then watch Eva. Your head will explode.
Old 2004-03-08, 00:35   Link #129
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Galaxy Express 999 - I saw...or tried seeing the movie on the Sci-Fi channel back in the day...but i just couldn't stand seeing it for more then 5 mins straight...

Lain - 1 min into the ep and i was knocked out...i could only imagine what would happen to me if i watched more
Old 2004-03-08, 00:43   Link #130
SilverLeafTree
UnLeet

Send a message via AIM to SilverLeafTree
I did not like Evangelion, it's quite overrated IMO.
Old 2004-03-08, 00:45   Link #131
aahhsin

Flame Of Recca. The ending hurt me. Hurt me a lot. Piece of shit. Dont' tell me about the Manga, we're talking about the CDs.

The Second 1/2 of Kenshin. Everything after Shishio was a piece of giant crap that doesn't even deserve to have my energy wasted to become a frisbee.

I don't know why people bash on DBZ? DBZ revolutionized anime. It's the anime that everyone starts off with pretty much. It brought anime to the rest of the world. Other Anime was virtually unknown outside of Japan besides DBZ.

I dont' see people bitching about Inyuyasha, it's catching up to DBZ in episodes.
Old 2004-03-08, 00:56   Link #132
Griffith

To the people who didn't like Narutaru but didn't finish watching all of it: You missed the best parts of the series.
Old 2004-03-08, 01:36   Link #133
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I dont' see people bitching about Inyuyasha, it's catching up to DBZ in episodes.
I really dont understand what a hoard of episodes has to do with the quality of a anime. Inu's a solid series, that holds its own. Dbz however, is a 1 point pencil. ( the same as eva, but I wont go there ) I will say that dbz is hilarious however.
Old 2004-03-08, 02:31   Link #134
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
1. Naruto
2. Raimuro Senkitan
3. Ikiitousen
Old 2004-03-08, 04:21   Link #135
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Hey, ya know, all you Sailor Moon haters can just kiss my butt :P

Anyway, the biggest piece of crap I ever saw was Demon City Shinjuku. Followed closely by Noir. Why? THey were just... boring. No substance, all flash and fill. DCS was boring, had dull fights, and the story wasn't interesting at all, really. Noir moved nowhere, had really dull characters, very little storyline from what I saw, and was driven by cute girls firing guns plus great music. Not enough to keep my interest. I'm a more intellectual viewer. :P

Apart from those two, I don't like Eva all that much.
Old 2004-03-08, 07:45   Link #136
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
The worst anime I've seen, I'd have to say DBZ, just something about that show and it being so predictable, so repetitive.. oy.

Hey now, final fantasy unlimited was a good series (ergh, final fantasy obsession too strong.. can't fight it..)
Old 2004-03-08, 08:19   Link #137
bluemist
i am the mist

I want to like Final Fantasy Unlimited because I am an FF fan. I really wanted to, but I really didn't have the urge to watch it at all.

Even our local TV network gave up on showing the anime after 22 episodes because it wasn't getting good ratings.
Old 2004-03-08, 20:00   Link #138
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Guts
I really dont understand what a hoard of episodes has to do with the quality of a anime. Inu's a solid series, that holds its own. Dbz however, is a 1 point pencil. ( the same as eva, but I wont go there ) I will say that dbz is hilarious however.
If you read the eariler posts, people complain about how long DBZ is. So there.

DBZ is the breakthrough of anime in the western civilization. Who honestly here like 10 years ago or more, really heard of other anime besides DBZ?

I don't know about you but Inu does get really stupid sometimes. O NO! swords to heavy! KAGAME is in trouble? Sword is light as a feather kill you all with 1 super slash! WOW!

Evil baboon guy messing all of us up from collecting shards from some ball? (Kinda like DBZ don't you think? Some guy blocking the team from collection Balls at least in DB anyways)

So if you think about it, a lot of the newer animes get influenced by DBZ. :fingers:
Old 2004-03-08, 20:21   Link #139
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Galaxy Express 999 - I saw...or tried seeing the movie on the Sci-Fi channel back in the day...but i just couldn't stand seeing it for more then 5 mins straight...

Lain - 1 min into the ep and i was knocked out...i could only imagine what would happen to me if i watched more
Why did you get knock out with lain? Was it because of its complexity and deepness? or just because you couldn't understand it and were bored as hell (as many others)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
Ebichu only watch the half of an episode.
Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball , Beyblade and Sailor Moon theyare all crap for me.
Rose Of Versailles is so boring.
I won't try anymore to defend dragon ball it just seems that everyone in the US hates it while we latin guys love it @_@

OMG and why Rose of versailles? that's one of the best animes ever maybe you didn't watch many episodes but after episode 5 it gets AMAZING!! give it a try and be ready to cry afterwards hahahaha (saddest anime ever)
Old 2004-03-08, 20:59   Link #140
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Why did you get knock out with lain? Was it because of its complexity and deepness? or just because you couldn't understand it and were bored as hell (as many others)?

I won't try anymore to defend dragon ball it just seems that everyone in the US hates it while we latin guys love it @_@

OMG and why Rose of versailles? that's one of the best animes ever maybe you didn't watch many episodes but after episode 5 it gets AMAZING!! give it a try and be ready to cry afterwards hahahaha (saddest anime ever)

It seems you don't like anyone's opinions on anything you like eh? It's opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own. So, I didn't like Lain either, had nothing to do with its 'complexity', it just didn't please me much, and I understood what I needed too so dont ask me to explain, what can I say. Then why do you become so defensive of it, now, YOU tell us, why its so good meriting you getting your skirt all wrickled over it.
Closed Thread