AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 06:58   Link #4681
Kurizu204

So anyone going to make a patch for the pc version with the sprites, voices, and cgs?
I WANT TO BELIEVE!
http://www.umine.co/
Im stoked it has the same VA as the anime adaptation.
Kurizu204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 07:06   Link #4682
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I will not allow such kind of discussion here.

Discussion regarding that kind of patch is definitely in the piracy zone, which is forbidden.
Furthermore, this is also going against the clause about 07th Expansion regarding their game.

If you wish to play the game with all of these features, please buy the PS3 game instead.
Old 2010-09-14, 16:28   Link #4683
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

The Witch-Hunt Translation Project will not concern the Alchemist spin-offs, will it?

Firstly, I would imagine that, being from Alchemist, it would be illegal to modify the game from a patch.
Then, of course, comes the fact that it is on the PlayStation 3 instead of PC.

Don't get me wrong; it would be cool to be able to read the PS3 VN in English. But if it's not possible, then you could just use the PC VN translation and read alongside the PS3 version. I'm sure most of us have memorized what happens anyway

I am going to get it anyway to see my favorite scenes re-done anyway. So is it a possibility to convert the already translated EP1-4 scripts into the new game? Assuming that Alchemist doesn't change it too much.

((I'm sorry if this is a touchy topic or if it's in the wrong subforum. I'm just asking.))

I understand that translating EP7-8 is the highest priority of the project. I'm not trying to ask extra of you or anything.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 16:30   Link #4684
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

It's almost certain to be rescripted to accomodate the new CG scenes and the ability to have multiple sprites present over the NScripter version (such as showing six of the Stakes at once). To say nothing of the change to the text window which will probably chop the script up slightyl differently. So I would imagine the scripting will not match exactly. You could still follow along, but I do not think it would match up with WH's english translation of the VNs very well at all.

I suppose you could follow up in the PS3 game thread and see how the script has been changed, if at all, but my guess is it won't be quite that easy as keeping a laptop open next to the TV.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:08   Link #4685
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Glad to hear that the patch for part 7 is coming along nicely. I just finished part 6 and though the ending felt flat i'm eager to see where it goes from here on.
Old 2010-09-14, 17:26   Link #4686
Leafsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's almost certain to be rescripted to accomodate the new CG scenes and the ability to have multiple sprites present over the NScripter version (such as showing six of the Stakes at once).
Spoiler for ep2:
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:32   Link #4687
Judoh
Mystery buff

Well if they ever make an Alchemist USA or UK branch (can't really find one online) they would know who to ask for a translated script.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:38   Link #4688
lesengirz
Detective

I doubt it, those games never come to usa, for pc some has made it way officially to the usa, but not in consoles.
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:46   Link #4689
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's almost certain to be rescripted to accomodate the new CG scenes and the ability to have multiple sprites present over the NScripter version (such as showing six of the Stakes at once). To say nothing of the change to the text window which will probably chop the script up slightyl differently. So I would imagine the scripting will not match exactly. You could still follow along, but I do not think it would match up with WH's english translation of the VNs very well at all.

I suppose you could follow up in the PS3 game thread and see how the script has been changed, if at all, but my guess is it won't be quite that easy as keeping a laptop open next to the TV.
I realize that it would be redone a bit. But instead of "line-by-line" it would be "scene-by-scene." However, I suppose this would be pretty impractical.

I hope they don't change it THAT much, anyway.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 19:45   Link #4690
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesengirz View Post
I doubt it, those games never come to usa, for pc some has made it way officially to the usa, but not in consoles.
Well Visual Novels have gained a little more popularity in the U.S. lately, I'm not sure we can say it will never happen. A big name company probably wouldn't touch it, but a smaller company like ATLUS or NISA may consider it if requested enough since niche titles are their specialty and ATLUS games have limited runs so they don't expect large sales. Theirs topics on both the ATLUS and NISA boards requesting they bring them over.
Kite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 20:21   Link #4691
Mikachiru
test

NIS America did Disgaea Infinite, which is a VN. Then again, it's part of the Disgaea series...
Old 2010-09-16, 22:13   Link #4692
Wshadow

To Witch Hunt

Hi,
we just created (still recruiting, etc) a new translation group (English-Brazilian) since other gave up on it...

Would it be any problem if we used your translation?

We will, of course, follow yours policies. '-'

We just began it but I wanted to your approval as soon as possible...
Wshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 23:44   Link #4693
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
i was sure they stacked all 7 stakes (hehe that sounds funny) a couple times. i know in 5 they did, though lucifer was in the foreground and everyone else was stacked behind her
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 07:03   Link #4694
Jadice

I find it hilarious that people actually think they have the right to complain about something that is given to them for absolutely nothing.

I see less complaints on MangaGamers forums and they charge people quite a bit for their not-so-good translations.
Jadice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 13:30   Link #4695
Mirrored

Eh, to chime in on the status update thing.

I for one don't care that much-- I trust that you're working making progress etc. You've released 6 of these things, I don't think you guys are suddenly going to decide to quit when you're nearly done and have basically everything you need in place.

But if there is no intent to use % progress, why list the 0%? I mean, 0% is not really an accurate representation of where you guys are at.

I think a simple:

"In Progress!" or "In Progress..."

is a much better way of representing what's going on. I chuckle a bit when I see the 0% because I can imagine a whole bunch of people being like "WHAT 0%??!?!?!? OMG MEANWHILE AT WITCH-HUNT..."

The % thing is probably not a great way to track your work style. It works great for people who are doing line by line translations, all the way through, but it may not represent WH accurately to everyone else.

So it may be a good idea to just change it to "In Progress" and then update on any delays that happen.

But, as far as I'm concerned, there are only four status updates needed:

Started and On Track
Started, there's going to be a delay.
Near complete.
Complete.

Anything else is basically just throwing out percents without any real need for it.

I wish you guys luck as you continue with this translation and really look forward to your next release.
Mirrored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 15:17   Link #4696
LaplaceNoMa

I agree. That would be the best solution to this whole 'problem'.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 15:24   Link #4697
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I certainly see it much more convenient for everyone. I don't exactly mind either the "conventional %" or this one, although the latter has the least negative impact if we are to be loose on updating the status.
Will discuss with chrono about it.
Old 2010-09-19, 14:40   Link #4698
Witch of Uncertainty

Mind if I ask how long it usually takes to translate an episode? I've only experienced waiting for ep 6, since ep 5 released immediatly after I was done with Ep 4, and I remember that you were busy a lot, etc. Or is it normal that it takes around 6 months? (Please don't take it the wrong way, I am just curious. )
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 14:48   Link #4699
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Since the ep4 finished patch they've come out at or shortly before the time the next episode is released. For instance, they beat ep7 by a couple weeks here, but not by a margin of months and months or anything.

I can't speak for how the effort is going but I would ballpark ep7's translation as a November/December thing. They'd have to be superhuman to finish by October, and I don't think it reasonable to expect them to be.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 17:34   Link #4700
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
EDIT: OK - actually, it seems like this change below didn't work or even do anything. Looking in my save directory, I see that the program seems to save files with different prefixes each time I run it.
Hi oatmeal & others,

Just letting you guys know that we've just made a new release of onscripter-en that should take care of this save issue, along with some other bugs. It's also got some nice error message popups for Windows and Mac OS X.

If you've been having problems playing Umineko, give this release a try and let me know if you still have problems. I'd like to make sure bugs are fixed before the next patch release

Uncle Mion

Tags
translation