AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 00:17   Link #1401
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Ever since my WoW account was hacked, on a raid night, with me being the MT.... (yes, a horror story of the worst) I've used authenticator.

Thankfully Blizzard was able to restore my character before the raid time.
I love Blizz.
I had an identical experience in the same role. My toons were xferred off to other servers and they reverted the change immediately. My main had very good gears so they did not touch him: possibly was going to sell him off. Gear restore took a good week (because i had so much stuff between all characters and even the GM's jaw dropped).

Only down side is the wait can take a long time.

You can get an authenticator on your phone, its free! D3 will most likely be a big challenge to your account security so I recommend getting it!
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 05:19   Link #1402
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So you don't have to pay any charges on putting items on the AH, only if they sell? That's dam good and the price to make it worth it is 6> Excellent will be nice to make the money you spent on a game back

Blizzard have really gone all out for this. Its hugeeeeee

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2012-05-12 at 05:40.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 09:10   Link #1403
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Maybe i'm a completely noob at modern game. But i don't get it. How can Diablo 3 release date is 15th May.... when some people (like the one above) already got the Collector Edition with the game dish? Does it mean that they can just install and start to play now?
Old 2012-05-12, 09:22   Link #1404
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Maybe i'm a completely noob at modern game. But i don't get it. How can Diablo 3 release date is 15th May.... when some people (like the one above) already got the Collector Edition with the game dish? Does it mean that they can just install and start to play now?
nope... some shops started to send the boxes to people ealier in order to get in time to 15may... they can unbox it and enjoy stuff like art books.... but they cant instrall the game nor they can play it before 14may 00:01 (so 15may...00:01 :P)

The game will allow to install if I remember at 14may near everning...but the servers will be turned ON like I said above at 00:01 (europe time).... so people will be able to enter the game only at that time.... till that servers are offline... and the game protection wont allow to install it as it requires some activation key that is send from servers (kinda like what happened with BF3 no play before a known date ^^)

so no worries no one is playing the full game even if they got their pre-order...

personaly I'm kinda angry that the close beta testers are able to play some more beta.. but other people like me cant ;/ since it would be a good time killer with all his waiting.... I cant play any other game till that 15may...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 09:31   Link #1405
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
...personaly I'm kinda angry that the close beta testers are able to play some more beta.. but other people like me cant ;/ since it would be a good time killer with all his waiting.... I cant play any other game till that 15may...
Dude, it's just three days.
Old 2012-05-12, 09:42   Link #1406
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~~ personaly I'm kinda angry that the close beta testers are able to play some more beta.. but other people like me cant ;/ since it would be a good time killer with all his waiting.... I cant play any other game till that 15may...
Erm... Closed-Beta ended on May 1st. We are waiting for May 15th too.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-12, 09:45   Link #1407
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Here's an unboxing by the Yogscast using the Frostmourne.

Its also shows two non spoiler pages of the art book and the installation files of Diablo II and Lord of Destruction in the thumbdrive.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 10:41   Link #1408
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Erm... Closed-Beta ended on May 1st. We are waiting for May 15th too.

Cheers.
nope... some players have still beta or starter attached to their account and claim that they can still play till skel king

it might be a bug related to beta or starter... or the wow anuall pass... yet I would gladly play more the beta and get to try 2other chars as I was able to try only 3 so far :P

well there are 2days to wait but the closer it goes the harder it gets ^^ im kinda in a bad situation becouse my preorder has been canceled along with many many other people becouse they got less copies they suspected to get ;/ so im under huge pressure since at 15may I will need to get up really early... get into a bus and get like 50km before few game shops open (in which I will get mostly a copy of diablo3... I aim for CE so huge pressure)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Here's an unboxing by the Yogscast using the Frostmourne.

Its also shows two non spoiler pages of the art book and the installation files of Diablo II and Lord of Destruction in the thumbdrive.
but I noticed that they did not get into their CE box 2 guest passes like all other CE unboxing had... some other dude is missing the soundtrack disc in his box... I mean he got the soundtrack box all good but when he opened it up there was no disc XD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 10:52   Link #1409
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
well there are 2days to wait but the closer it goes the harder it gets ^^
Play some POE, it's open for the weekend http://www.pathofexile.com/

Somehow managed to get some free time to try it. It may look pretty crappy in screenshots and videos but it's really good ingame. The details in the terrain and gritty textures don't seem to render well in video and screenshots.

It's basically D2 with better graphics and improved mechanics (since if you ever try to play D2 today you'd notice you get headaches--at least that's how it is for me)
Old 2012-05-12, 11:04   Link #1410
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
nope... some players have still beta or starter attached to their account and claim that they can still play till skel king ~~
Those are probably on Private Servers as the beta is not Warden-protected. The official servers ceased operations on May 1st.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-12, 11:11   Link #1411
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Boss Spoilers from Guide Book :-
Spoiler:
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 12:51   Link #1412
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for Act 1 boss:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 13:41   Link #1413
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Eh... for Diablo 3, I'd want Diablo to be the actual final boss. Not more other-demon bosses for future acts. >.>
Old 2012-05-12, 13:43   Link #1414
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

How long are the Acts?
Old 2012-05-12, 14:20   Link #1415
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:

but I noticed that they did not get into their CE box 2 guest passes like all other CE unboxing had... some other dude is missing the soundtrack disc in his box... I mean he got the soundtrack box all good but when he opened it up there was no disc XD
Oh man, that really suck. Hope he can get the supplier to send him an actual disc. I would be miffed if i took the effort and money to get a CE not have the full package.
Old 2012-05-12, 15:26   Link #1416
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
How long are the Acts?
Good question, and I want to know
Old 2012-05-12, 18:06   Link #1417
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Friend buzzed me with something cool!
Old 2012-05-12, 18:44   Link #1418
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Play some POE, it's open for the weekend http://www.pathofexile.com/

Somehow managed to get some free time to try it. It may look pretty crappy in screenshots and videos but it's really good ingame. The details in the terrain and gritty textures don't seem to render well in video and screenshots.
I was lucky enough to get a beta key before the first stress test. So far, been having a good time with this. The newest iteration, in addition to upping the challenge factor (go ahead, read the patch notes) actually lets you zoom up close to your character, which works really well for showing off the gear (some of whose designs are pretty interesting).

How much does it cost? It's intended to be free-to-play when it hits open beta, with the microtransactions being concerned purely with aesthetics or convenience. This said, you can donate to the project to guarantee closed beta access (and at higher levels get some real-world swag).

Quote:
It's basically D2 with better graphics and improved mechanics (since if you ever try to play D2 today you'd notice you get headaches--at least that's how it is for me)
Not a bad way to sum it up; the skill systems are very reminiscent of FF7 (in terms of the active skills) and FFX (just put peepers on the passive skill 'web' and you'll see what I mean).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 21:56   Link #1419
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
How long are the Acts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Good question, and I want to know
Given what it is said in the Guide Book, each Act is at least as long as those from D2. Might be longer though.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:57   Link #1420
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Given what it is said in the Guide Book, each Act is at least as long as those from D2. Might be longer though.
Ah, I read something a hour ago about the acts being equally long as the first two acts in Diablo 2 or longer.

Who knows, the length of #2 never bothered me, the real thing is becoming a bad ass and gear hunting.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler