4 out of 10 : Poor 2 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-27, 15:04   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the biggest mistake was not getting the original director to direct this.
Old 2016-03-27, 19:41   Link #42
nfsac

5/10.

It reminds me of Guilty Crown, amazing from the 1st part then totally looses it on 2nd.
Guilty crown season 1: 10
Guilty crown season 2: 0
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 20:09   Link #43
Iron Maw
Banned

Um... is there a reason why Oshutoru turned into sand when Vurai didn't when he went Kaju way back during the barbarian invasion (which itself never became relevant again. )

That aside, beyond the various nitpicks and odd moments the ending was okay on a whole I suppose. There were signs a for awhile that this adaptation was clearly not on the level of first, no thanks in small part to various angry fans of the franchise who played the source. So I was prepared for what was more or less a lackluster finish. This show was really uneven from start to it's end. It's shame to since had a lot potential when it starting out, but I Uta2 couldn't escape the curse of shitty game adaptations like the first did.

Gets 6/10 from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
For the record, I have NOT played the Uta2 game. I'm actually glad I didn't, now. If the plot is even vaguely similar to this, I'm sure I would have been equally bored out of my mind.
Uta1 could have easily turn out this way if were done by the same director. Besides silly to judge something you haven't experienced yourself in which the original creators had no hand in. If it killed your interest in the source that would be fair, but it's pointless to praise or denounce the source itself with this. And what it is worth those who have played Uta2 hated this adaptation same as you. This alone should tell you what you need to know about differences in execution and content.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 22:16   Link #44
Top Sergeant

I have been really liking this show up until this last episode. The show didn't end, it had no real conclusion: it just stopped, leaving too much just hanging there. 5/10.
Old 2016-03-27, 23:26   Link #45
Azurial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Um... is there a reason why Oshutoru turned into sand when Vurai didn't when he went Kaju way back during the barbarian invasion (which itself never became relevant again. )

That aside, beyond the various nitpicks and odd moments the ending was okay on a whole I suppose. There were signs a for awhile that this adaptation was clearly not on the level of first, no thanks in small part to various angry fans of the franchise who played the source. So I was prepared for what was more or less a lackluster finish. This show was really uneven from start to it's end. It's shame to since had a lot potential when it starting out, but I Uta2 couldn't escape the curse of shitty game adaptations like the first did.

Gets 6/10 from me.

Uta1 could have easily turn out this way if were done by the same director. Besides silly to judge something you haven't experienced yourself in which the original creators had no hand in. If it killed your interest in the source that would be fair, but it's pointless to praise or denounce the source itself with this. And what it is worth those who have played Uta2 hated this adaptation same as you. This alone should tell you what you need to know about differences in execution and content.

because he didnt offer his soul to the mask during the barbarian attack
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 08:09   Link #46
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This episode was heartbreaking it was actually hard to watch. But Haku stepping up and doing what he can shows growth. Poor Kuon the girl has been through so much but the idea that Haku was dead was too much for her to handle, so she left.
Old 2016-03-28, 08:41   Link #47
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Oshutoru was dying and offered the remainder of his life force to kill Vurai. Meanwhile, Vurai had some vitality to spare. Nekone even warned him of the consequences if he used the power of the mask in his condition.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 11:34   Link #48
Azurial

Haku told Oshutoru to get some good sake for him in the next world lol he is planning on meeting Oshutoru in the next world, Haku death flag has been raise XD
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 11:48   Link #49
tsunade666

I don't know what they want to accomplish but the only good part is the death of Oshutoru. That really hit me hard. They did good stuff there but aside from that.... meh.
Old 2016-03-28, 15:21   Link #50
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
because he didnt offer his soul to the mask during the barbarian attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Oshutoru was dying and offered the remainder of his life force to kill Vurai. Meanwhile, Vurai had some vitality to spare. Nekone even warned him of the consequences if he used the power of the mask in his condition.
Ah, okay thanks for clearing that up you guys. I had forgotten about that part.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 17:54   Link #51
kari-no-sugata II

Hmm. I finally caught up with watching the rest of the series.

It's really weird. There's a lot of good ideas, concept setc. Just whoever plotted out the general story for the anime seems to have peculiar (poor) ideas about how to tell a good story. Disappointing.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 19:50   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

What a lackluster series. The ending itself is good if I actually care about Oshutoru or Haku, but I don’t (due to bad narrative execution throughout the series). Not to mention that I was disappointed by the “final fight” in ep. 24 that it left a bad taste in my mouth. Please fire the goddamn director or whoever in charge for the important decisions for Itsuwari if the studio wants to make a third series.
Old 2016-04-03, 22:17   Link #53
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 25 was a good episode in some ways, but it seemed overly quiet and somber to me given the tone of Utawa 2 as a whole.

In a better show, Episode 25 would have been a very strong and poignant ending, but in this show, it kinda felt unearned.

However, it is fun to see Haku become Oshutoru. As an anime-only viewer, I find that a pretty neat twist.
Old 2016-04-04, 23:46   Link #54
Ultragunner

But then it was the kinda of bitter sweet ending that many hate, and poor Kuon