AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-26, 16:50   Link #21
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-26, 17:26   Link #22
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Oh my. So much more moving & powerful than the manga. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of anything ever.
Old 2007-06-26, 17:32   Link #23
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
well a sub is out. so nomore spoiler tag

What the hell is this ending? Moving? I don't think so, its intended as a fan service. The ending where Light die on the spot while begging for his life counting his second vanish is A LOT more powerful. This anime one is chessy, a peaceful death? no doubt its for Kira's fan.

The SWIMMING LESSON has decreased dramaticly, it has been cut short! (even though some still exist they even have the water there lol). This is the worst part because I have been waiting for this counting every second when this air is shown. Turnning it into a marathon? hello~ give me a break, that guy was shot multiple times all over his body, nice job having Kira the zombie running around producer.

Another thing, this is the last episode thats mean there is NO EPILOGUE like in manga. In Manga you spend an extra chapter exploring the world without Kira again and also discuss the possibility of Near's true act and intention. I really love that part.

Although I like the fact that they still preserve the original story line, I am disappointed at the execution. I explained myself above, and I certainly agree with several of 4chan-er that "There is no Death Note Anime"
Old 2007-06-26, 17:37   Link #24
mycen

Well, at the end of the episode, Hirano Aya announced , during a promo event with Haruka Kudo, that they would make a Death Note special. I am not sure if they are going to release this later in summer or include in the DVD..

Edit: Don't flame me for any misinterpretations

Last edited by mycen; 2007-06-26 at 17:59.
Old 2007-06-26, 17:47   Link #25
medigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Although I like the fact that they still preserve the original story line, I am disappointed at the execution. I explained myself above, and I certainly agree with several of 4chan-er that "There is no Death Note Anime"
Thats a little harsh isnt it?
And here I thought people hated the DN Manga ending
Old 2007-06-26, 17:51   Link #26
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Hmmm...
Spoiler for A little summary and thoughts with few screens.:

End screen with the message about something after the CM was cut off in my version of RAW so I guess I'll have to find another version to see what it is. I really don't think it'll be an epilogue. Maybe another voice actor special?
Old 2007-06-26, 18:01   Link #27
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
my my so the controversy has already begun as for me ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-26, 18:06   Link #28
Yushi

I actually like this ending a lot better than the manga ending because in the manga, Light was protrayed as a villian a little TOO much. It's like he was completely evil, mindless, shameless, and murderous. But the anime protrayed him more as a victim, which is actually true. Everyone fell victim to the death note, the user, the police, the victims, everyone. I mean, look at Mikami...Sure, he had THOUGHTS of killing people but I'm sure if it wasn't for the notebook he wouldn't have done anything, let alone gone nuts like that. So yes, I like this ending better because it was more tasteful and in my mind, a lot more emotionally dramatic than the manga.

(and on a side note, I still can't get used to Misa's gothic make up. lol)
Old 2007-06-26, 18:08   Link #29
Albert-Wesker 3rd

So are we 100% sure Misa jumped? She could have just been moping.
Old 2007-06-26, 18:11   Link #30
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

They left it up to the viewer's interpretation IMO. (I think she jumped.)
Old 2007-06-26, 18:31   Link #31
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
IEveryone fell victim to the death note, the user, the police, the victims, everyone. I mean, look at Mikami...Sure, he had THOUGHTS of killing people but I'm sure if it wasn't for the notebook he wouldn't have done anything, let alone gone nuts like that.
Godlike powers like those in the DN, when used by mortals, tends to corrupt the human soul. This is what the director wanted to convey IMO.
The part where Light had flashbacks to a possible future where he did not pick up the DN is very nice indeed.
Old 2007-06-26, 18:31   Link #32
Albert-Wesker 3rd

Eh, she probably did. She was devoted to Light. Yeah she probably jumped. Thought she could be with him in the afterlife. Ha, sucks for her.
Old 2007-06-26, 18:42   Link #33
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert-Wesker 3rd View Post
She looks down and turns away so it is possible.

Originally I thought her scenes were a flashback and continuation of her walk in episode 25 or symbolic (since she is alone on the train), but I realized they were just linking what will happen in the future to what was happening at the warehouse in order to bring closure to everything in Light's final moments. The manga itself doesn't explain what happened to her as part of the story. Misa's fate is revealed in "Volume 13: How to Use" where it implies that Misa committed suicide. We shouldn't be surprised... Ryuk told us that the death note made people miserable and brought misfortune to anyone who used it.

Here's a translation of her biography and some comments from Volume 13: http://www.deathgod.org/main.php?x=info/c_misa

I found the anime ending much more satisfying than the manga ending. Light's plans always had flaws in them but because he was able to predict things correctly it wasn't obvious; unlike L he didn't have branches in his plans and unlike L he didn't anticipate making bad predictions. This last episode resolves all of the characters and doesn't need an epilogue to bring the story to a conclusion.

Last edited by Draender; 2007-07-11 at 07:26.
Old 2007-06-26, 19:00   Link #34
kauldron26
Med Student

i dont understand y people have a problem with the ending... with everything that light did, and what he was becoming, he was bound to die. shit even in the earlier chapters Ryuk explicitly hinted that light was not going to have a good end. how perturbed do u have to be to want a mass murderer in the vein of fucking hitler to want to rule the world... something is seriously wrong with that method of thinking.
Old 2007-06-26, 19:06   Link #35
Grey

Geh. Death Note reminds me of a game that has gone the "Bad End" route. Nevertheless, it's nice that they didn't have Light throw his pitiful fit. That always felt out of character.

EDIT: And it looks like the thread has been Godwin'd.
Old 2007-06-26, 19:21   Link #36
Albert-Wesker 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
i dont understand y people have a problem with the ending... with everything that light did, and what he was becoming, he was bound to die. shit even in the earlier chapters Ryuk explicitly hinted that light was not going to have a good end. how perturbed do u have to be to want a mass murderer in the vein of fucking hitler to want to rule the world... something is seriously wrong with that method of thinking.

They are not mad he died. They are mad the anime ending was different than manga's. He dies in both. I thought both were good. Prefer the manga's but anime's is great too.
Old 2007-06-26, 19:32   Link #37
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow...I love it,
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-06-26, 19:43   Link #38
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert-Wesker 3rd View Post

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-06-26, 19:43   Link #39
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Wow...I love it,
Spoiler:
Yeah, Miyano has done great roles before, but he's been FANTASTIC in this show, particularly these last episodes.

I thought he did an incredible job last episode, but wow he was even better here. And that laugh? Absolutely genius. For the most obvious comparison, it makes Jun Fukuyama's laughs as Lelouch seem utterly pathetic...
Old 2007-06-26, 19:55   Link #40
zalem

The more I watch this, the more I do like this end much better than the manga end. Of course, Light haters will be throwing fits but oh well...they can always have the manga to look at. Those of us who were never happy with the manga's ending at least have a little something to be satisfied with now.

I thought the episode was well done and I liked the melancholy feel to it.

Spoiler for ep 37: