AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 23:17   Link #21
Avisch
Reality Blender

Oddly enough. That "master" is actually the protagonist. The "trainee" looks to be a major character though.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 02:58   Link #22
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
0:51 of the trailer: I yelled "OMGFACUGINGOD IT IS BRIDGET!!!!" I am quite a LEAF fan after playing Uta so probably be looking forward to this but if I am going to play the game then probably will skip.
Old 2008-07-13, 14:00   Link #23
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Pity we might not never see this game and Record of Agarest War landing to America
Graus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 12:23   Link #24
Silverwolf X

I registered here just to post this, but I feel you guys need to know this. The TV Anime which is based on the PS3 game's script/story/characters will air early 2009.

I have already watched the Trailer in 720p HD. It is a reward for completing the game. The quality left me speechless. (I give input on the game at gamefaqs btw)

2009 feels so long away now...
Silverwolf X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 00:59   Link #25
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf X View Post
I registered here just to post this, but I feel you guys need to know this. The TV Anime which is based on the PS3 game's script/story/characters will air early 2009.

I have already watched the Trailer in 720p HD. It is a reward for completing the game. The quality left me speechless. (I give input on the game at gamefaqs btw)

2009 feels so long away now...
Somehow with the superior artwork + the inclusion of Lydia. I felt it would be that way (though i had interpreted something different earlier, never trust low-res images!)

EDIT: Trailer on youtube

It does look pretty damn good. (Octavia!)

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2008-07-27 at 01:10.
Old 2008-07-27, 02:16   Link #26
ZODDGUTS

Heh laughed the ending with the girl.

Anyways the trailer for the anime confirms it's using the characater designs from the PS3 game which is good the old character designs from the PC version look outdated. The animation also looked pretty good as well.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2008-07-27 at 03:06.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 10:32   Link #27
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Heh laughed the ending with the girl.
Ditto. I wasn't expecting that at all. Every new thing I see for the anime makes me anticipate it more and more.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 10:56   Link #28
Silverwolf X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Ditto. I wasn't expecting that at all. Every new thing I see for the anime makes me anticipate it more and more.
That scene and its followup is by right the MOST hilarious part of both versions of the game and now Anime.

Actually in the game Arawn actually said this to her before shutting the crate:

Arawn: Hmmmm..... well no hard feelings here but i already have problems with women as is and I really don't need more, I mean I have one overly good natured one, an overly energetic one and an airheaded fairy. So you never saw me and I never saw you ok?

*Shuts Crate*

Octavia inside: Mmppph!!!!!!! Urumph!???

In my opinion though, the Anime's version has more impact. That expression and the instant shutting of the crate by Arawn with that -.- face of Arawn's in the Anime is way funnier then the game. :P
Old 2008-07-27, 11:11   Link #29
Westlo
Lets be reality

Good trailer, looking forward to this, refreshing to have another older protagonist around like in Uta. I can tell Octavia is going to be my fav already XD What's the song that played at the end of the trailer? Something brand new or from the game? And yes the last part was gold!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 11:36   Link #30
Silverwolf X

That song is new for the Anime, the other bgm you hear are from the games.

Octavia won the popularity polls back then, why'd you think they expanded more for her story and added a rival (Lydia) for her in the PS3 version? The fans wanted more Octavia, so they got it. :P
Old 2008-07-27, 17:41   Link #31
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
That scene and its followup is by right the MOST hilarious part of both versions of the game and now Anime.

Actually in the game Arawn actually said this to her before shutting the crate:

Arawn: Hmmmm..... well no hard feelings here but i already have problems with women as is and I really don't need more, I mean I have one overly good natured one, an overly energetic one and an airheaded fairy. So you never saw me and I never saw you ok?

*Shuts Crate*

Octavia inside: Mmppph!!!!!!! Urumph!???

In my opinion though, the Anime's version has more impact. That expression and the instant shutting of the crate by Arawn with that -.- face of Arawn's in the Anime is way funnier then the game. :P
I agree. I saw a video-capture of that scene. It was funny, but nowhere near as funny as the way the anime did it.

Arawn: Hamu...Hamu tou....
*opens crate*
Octavia stares back
*closes crate*
Octavia: MPPHH!

Rie Tanaka makes a great struggling sound
Best way to end a trailer.
Oh yeah and Octavia is my favorite character (if you couldn't tell)

One crazy B****
Old 2008-07-28, 06:37   Link #32
Silverwolf X

Anyway for those of you all who have never played the game and want a short summary of the characters on your side (spoilers but most were hinted early in the game. No mid-late story spoilers, in spoiler tags just for the sakes of you purists. :P):

1. Arawn -
Spoiler:

2. Arthur -
Spoiler:

3. Riannon -
Spoiler:

4. Ogam -
Spoiler:

5. Morgan -
Spoiler:

6. Limwris -
Spoiler:

7. Ermin -
Spoiler:

8. Eponia -
Spoiler:

9. Llyr (Read as: Swir) -
Spoiler:

10. Rathy (Read as: Rusty) -
Spoiler:

11. Octavia -
Spoiler:

12. Taliesin -
Spoiler for :

Oh and in the Gael tribe, the Cheiftian is encouraged to practice Polygamy, a bomb that Arthur dropped onto Arawn during Octavia's crate event. :P

Oh and I'd do summary of the enemy side once I feel like it. But without spoiling much, Lydia is one crazy lesbian.

Last edited by Silverwolf X; 2008-07-28 at 06:48.
Old 2008-07-29, 09:16   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Thanks for the info, this is shaping up to be something nice to watch, hopefully it's 24/26 episodes like Uta. Love the opening theme "Tears to Tiara" from the original game as well as the instrumental version of it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 04:05   Link #34
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Is there an official air date for the anime yet?
Judging form the improved graphics the characters really had an outburst form the PC Leaf game to the PS3 console and anime; Rasthy looks more cuter now in gear; Limwris, Erumin, Morgan, Llyr and Riannon's CG improved alot. Octavia OTOH is still as hawt as ever

Got to say though, Arthur undergone the most make over from the rest. How should I put it... he looks more of a Hero now compared in the game
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 06:34   Link #35
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Quote:
Anyway for those of you all who have never played the game and want a short summary of the characters on your side (spoilers but most were hinted early in the game. No mid-late story spoilers, in spoiler tags just for the sakes of you purists. :P):
Thanks for these great summaries !
Graus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 02:28   Link #36
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
Is there an official air date for the anime yet?
Judging form the improved graphics the characters really had an outburst form the PC Leaf game to the PS3 console and anime; Rasthy looks more cuter now in gear; Limwris, Erumin, Morgan, Llyr and Riannon's CG improved alot. Octavia OTOH is still as hawt as ever

Got to say though, Arthur undergone the most make over from the rest. How should I put it... he looks more of a Hero now compared in the game
Don't think so, other than the Leaf/Aquaplus site for it.

Gotta thank Nakamura Takeshi for the original art ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 12:28   Link #37
Silverwolf X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Don't think so, other than the Leaf/Aquaplus site for it.

Gotta thank Nakamura Takeshi for the original art ^^
Hell yeah, at least Arawn now oozes badass and cool way better then his pc version. That's why he becomes my avatar. :P
Old 2008-08-12, 20:15   Link #38
Avisch
Reality Blender

The new artwork (atleast I think) indicates the age of the characters (other than Arawn) more. They look kind of young in the original artwork (or maybe thats just the lack of detail).

Thanks for the summaries Silverworf. I bet we will all be GAR for ARawn when the anime comes out.

One crazy B****
Old 2008-08-13, 13:20   Link #39
Silverwolf X

I think my wait might be more painful since I want to buy the bluray release of this already.... LOL.
Old 2008-08-13, 14:49   Link #40
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

yay leaf!!! cant wait to see this one.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox