AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-28, 19:39   Link #21
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
The ending was kind of depressing. And isn't this the same thing happened in the past with Apollonius and the Shadow Angels? I also don't quite understand Fudo's role in all of this.
Old 2006-01-28, 19:51   Link #22
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
The ending was kind of depressing. And isn't this the same thing happened in the past with Apollonius and the Shadow Angels? I also don't quite understand Fudo's role in all of this.
Spoiler for just in case..:
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 20:15   Link #23
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Spoiler for just in case..:
That just makes all 26 episodes seem rather pointless :\
Old 2006-01-28, 21:28   Link #24
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
That just makes all 26 episodes seem rather pointless :\

How so?

btw, have you heard the single to the second aquarion opening, Go Tight?

Friggen kick ass, you should buy the OST
Old 2006-01-29, 00:17   Link #25
DrewGSR

I was bored today and decided to finish up the series, marathoned the last 10 eps. It was nothing special, kinda weak imo. The last 8 eps were better though since it had a dark and sad tone to it.
But seriously this show by far had the worst, most corny, retard and gayest names for their super/finish moves. I mean jeebus the names of the moves were just god awful, I was like WTF did they call that, I was cracking up when i heard some of them. I mean how the hell did they comeup with those name, they had to be joking around when thought of them.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 02:37   Link #26
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ok so i finished the series up and i have to say it wasent as bad as i thought it was going to be. but it still was not that great half way through ep 25 you can tell what kind of ending its going to be. the fight scenes were kind of cool but i see how the story fits together even though i hate this cycle through time B/S where stuff takes place every thousand years iv just scene too much of it. Also, they really didnt touch on what happen to the rest of the team it just ends. Still i liked it aquarion is enjoyable to watch.

BTW is it just me or do japanese have something against happy endings i think have finished up about 6 series over the past 5 weeks and all but one had a depressing ending anyone else noticing a trend? oh and any recommendations on a series that has a fun and not depressing ending would be appreciated
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 09:52   Link #27
Lefteris_D

Another good series ends. Seriously now, if it weren't for the stupid names the attacks had and that dreadful episode 19 which in my opinion could have been used allot better the whole series could have been better.

Why did I like it? It had nice mechas that reminded me of the original Shin Getter Robo series(the multiple combinations), It had a descent/gradual character development(the main ones at least) and despite a few episodes that really needed better work the whole story developed nicely(it could have been better!).

The strongest point of the series was the music. Both of the theme songs are good as well as the usage of it.

Spoiler for commander Fudo:

Spoiler for the ending:

As a closing statement I have to say this: If you plan to start waching the series now do it with an open mind and don't start comparing it to other series. Once you finish it you are either going to love it or hate it. It's too hard to be in a middle path with this one.
Old 2006-01-29, 11:31   Link #28
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

its much easier to love the series if you look past the corny bits.

It really is a good series, IMHO, but people who can't look past the corny bits will no doubt dislike it.
Old 2006-01-29, 13:02   Link #29
Lefteris_D

My biggest surprise was that they used "Genesis of Aquarion" as background music very close to the end of the series(from the 16th minute of episode 26). That gave everything a very epic feeling. It was nice
Old 2006-01-29, 13:52   Link #30
DaFool
Resident devil

I was just completing the series out of obligation, since I got bored midway, but the last two eps were really nicely done. The music, the colors, the 2 X 3 robot orgy they had at the end, complete with gay undertones, two people naked kissing, and sparkly teeth. But even if one is supposed to take this more seriously, the wrapping up of the plot was pretty decent...it had a couple of twists I wasn't expecting at all. I finally understood why it was called Holy Genesis Aquarion--Christians will have a field day with this. In my opinion it was a happy ending, despite the death.

Thanks to the subbers, I am glad I stood by and completed it as well.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 15:27   Link #31
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Gay undertones?

There was no subtleness about the gayness, Specially between Toma and Apollo/Apollonius. This isn't a spoiler since this is shown very early in the series.
Old 2006-01-29, 16:42   Link #32
Lefteris_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
There was no subtleness about the gayness, Specially between Toma and Apollo/Apollonius. This isn't a spoiler since this is shown very early in the series.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-29, 17:05   Link #33
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-29, 19:20   Link #34
nightbringer360

I finished it, and I rather liked the whole series. A bit Evangelion-esque at the end though ...

As for the music ... Yoko Kanno ftw!
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 20:32   Link #35
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbringer360
I finished it, and I rather liked the whole series. A bit Evangelion-esque at the end though ...

As for the music ... Yoko Kanno ftw!

Akino, to.

Go Tight! is one of the best songs ever in the history of songs that are great songs songs.
Old 2006-01-29, 20:59   Link #36
Zerowinger

Aquarion?

okej, i just watched the last episode of Aquearion and there is certain uncleretys here.

1: what happend to Apollo? where did he go exactly ?

2: who was commande fudo ? hes name was erased and we got to almost know he was the 3'rd person in aquarion when Apollonius and cerian used it, but still.

3: anyone heard someting about and OVA or Movie ?
Zerowinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 21:13   Link #37
Dark`
The Terror of Death

There's already an existing thread for Aquarion...you could've posted this in there... >_>

Spoiler for Using spoiler tags just in case:
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 21:40   Link #38
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

How can I say it?

Exciting, touching, revealing, gripping, beautiful, and above all, splendid.

Aquarion delivered a solid end, starting with an exciting beginning, but fell loosely in the middle.

I'm not quite at all angered with the filler episodes of the first arc, however, the staff could had kept away those ridiculous fillers that were 17-19 and started the rollercoaster from that point until the end; instead doing so at episode twenty.

Nevertheless, Shouji Kawamori entertains and captivates his audiences with his already known philosophical themes about the self, humanity, the cycles that govern the existence, and one's own journey toward self discovery.

I think that the message in Aquarion was that of understanding that eventually leads to empathy.

Before the treason of Apollonius,
1. The Shadow Angels ravaged the land of humans, because their pride as governors of heavens never allow them to observe the efforts and pain that humanity must endure to stand out in life.

2. The humans, on the other hand, always feared the Shadow Angels because everything about was unknown to them. They weren't able to break down the barriers of their nature that subconsciously tells them to fear anything and anyone that is different from them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And if you want to know what was Apollo's real role, I guess I could say that Apollonius appointed him as his human vessel (container), so Appollonius could manifest his will and feelings in flesh.
Spoiler:

The music was thrown to the roof and timely played for each sequence in the final episode. I utterly give the staff a solid ten for the music and OST department. It is a soundtrack that has turned into a classic among anime titles.

These were the tracks played in the final episode:

The piano version of Genesis of Aquarion.
First Love Final Love ----> Apollo and Silvia's kiss.
Rena to Tanpopo

I think that all of them are included in the second OST.

My last complain only was for the 3D CGI animation for the Aquarions, the vectors, and the Cherubims. Their animated movements looked polygonal, static, and mechanically, but I felt that the operatic soundtrack did wonderful effects to bring the mecha battles into life and made me disregard that blunt flaw in the animation.

Aquarion may not be on par with other of Kawamori's works (Macross, Tenkuu no Escaflowne), but for me it succeeded in putting a lot of efforts to flesh the protagonists's maturation and coming to terms with what they learned from the other characters.

Nenshin, Gattai, Go Aquarion!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 23:19   Link #39
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
How can I say it?

Exciting, touching, revealing, gripping, beautiful, and above all, splendid.

Aquarion delivered a solid end, starting with an exciting beginning, but fell loosely in the middle.

I'm not quite at all angered with the filler episodes of the first arc, however, the staff could had kept away those ridiculous fillers that were 17-19 and started the rollercoaster from that point until the end; instead doing so at episode twenty.

Nevertheless, Shouji Kawamori entertains and captivates his audiences with his already known philosophical themes about the self, humanity, the cycles that govern the existence, and one's own journey toward self discovery.

I think that the message in Aquarion was that of understanding that eventually leads to empathy.

Before the treason of Apollonius,
1. The Shadow Angels ravaged the land of humans, because their pride as governors of heavens never allow them to observe the efforts and pain that humanity must endure to stand out in life.

2. The humans, on the other hand, always feared the Shadow Angels because everything about was unknown to them. They weren't able to break down the barriers of their nature that subconsciously tells them to fear anything and anyone that is different from them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And if you want to know what was Apollo's real role, I guess I could say that Apollonius appointed him as his human vessel (container), so Appollonius could manifest his will and feelings in flesh.
Spoiler:

The music was thrown to the roof and timely played for each sequence in the final episode. I utterly give the staff a solid ten for the music and OST department. It is a soundtrack that has turned into a classic among anime titles.

These were the tracks played in the final episode:

The piano version of Genesis of Aquarion.
First Love Final Love ----> Apollo and Silvia's kiss.
Rena to Tanpopo

I think that all of them are included in the second OST.

My last complain only was for the 3D CGI animation for the Aquarions, the vectors, and the Cherubims. Their animated movements looked polygonal, static, and mechanically, but I felt that the operatic soundtrack did wonderful effects to bring the mecha battles into life and made me disregard that blunt flaw in the animation.

Aquarion may not be on par with other of Kawamori's works (Macross, Tenkuu no Escaflowne), but for me it succeeded in putting a lot of efforts to flesh the protagonists's maturation and coming to terms with what they learned from the other characters.

Nenshin, Gattai, Go Aquarion!
I wish I was this good with words, That is basicly what I tried to convey...but my wording abilities are null at best.
Old 2006-01-31, 18:25   Link #40
FlyByNite

I'd put above Kawamori's Arjuna series. I just never could get into Arjuna. I found it funny he had an episode of Aquarion which was basically stuff that happened in Arjuna with all the food being destroyed by microbes and criticizing eating too much and all that stuff

I liked the series a lot, even with the silly moves. I just think the series would have been better off if it had gone entirely one direction (either a parody of super robot shows or a serious show) instead of trying to blend the two things together.

I'd give it a 7/10 and will pick it up whenever it gets licensed and released on DVD and Yoko Kanno delivered yet another brilliant musical score to the series. Those three you listed that played in the final episode were just so awesome.

My word. First Love Final Love is just so breathtaking and when it breaks into the aquarion chorus singing the opening theme in it... Wow. Genesis of Aquarion was pretty cool in english with the whole gospel flavor to it. Man Yoko Kanno can honestly do anything. Rock/Pop/Hip-Hop/Jazz/Techno/Blues/Gospel

Crazy.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote