AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-28, 06:55   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 323 Discussion

Quote:

Credits : Zangetsu

Quote:
* Continues from the last chapter Kira simply said, “Iron wings? That is a strong name. But wings are just wings.” He then threw his sword up in the air and used Hadou #53 Tenrun which created a windy storm. Arivama lost his balance but managed to stop the storm.

* Once he turned back to Kira he already broke into a building. Arivama used his features as bullets and shoot them into the building. Kia ran out of a building and destroyed the poles on the street as shields. He realized that the features could re grow. Arivama yelled he wouldn’t let Kira do whatever he’s planning then scratched his chest to draw blood. Suddenly another set of wings appeared on his back. He flew and used his left wing to hit Kira.

* Arivama was surprised to see saw Kira laying down on the same spot he had attacked. When Arivama was getting smug over it Kira thanked him. “You’re a long-range fighter. I was thinking how could I lure you to be near me...my zampakutou couldn’t affect the distanced objects.” Arivama was about to yell how could a weird looking sword do anything when his body fell.

* His left wing is pulling him down until the floor break and he fell down to another floor. Kira then explained how Wabisuke could double the weight of the objects. Since Arivama’s wings are as heavy as rock, it is impossible for him fly anymore. Arivama accused Kira of cheating. Kira asked back that didn’t Arivama asked him to cheer before the fight.

* “If that action is of a warrior’s then it is beyond my understanding. The 3rd division flower is Mary’s Gold. It means hopeless and it is the pride of the 3rd Division.”“Battles are not the way to become a hero. It is not a joy that bring pleasure. Battles bring hopelessness, fear, and dark side and gruesomeness. Because of this people fears battles and choose the way to avoid them.” Kira slowly walking toward Arivama.

* “I believe my Wabisuke is the best suited with the 3rd Division way of thinking out of all the zampakutous. More you cut, more you have carry the weights. Once you couldn’t carry them any longer you will bow down to the floor. As if you’re apologizing. That is Wabisuke.”“You just asked how could a weird sword like this cut a person?” Asked Kira while rising his hand up. Arivama tried to protest when Kira simply said,

* “A warrior wouldn’t beg for his life” And he brought his blade down.
Quote:
Looks like there will a voting for favorite zampakutou to celebrate Bleach 7th Anniversary.
Credits : Annie

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-08-28 at 14:25.
Old 2008-08-28, 07:03   Link #2
Prestige

Filler chapter dedicated to please Kira-fans...Can't say I am thrilled about this.
Old 2008-08-28, 07:27   Link #3
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

And bird guy is dead already? Talk about rushed. Well then again, can't say i mind, i don't exactly like this arc anyway.
Old 2008-08-28, 07:36   Link #4
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I think all the attention Kira is getting this week is nice. He's really pwning in both, too.
Old 2008-08-28, 08:05   Link #5
Langus
Optimus Prime

Bleach OD is going to crap herself over the cover hahahaha

Kira is just so meh... there's not an ounce of badass in him at all no matter what Kubo does with him. He's always going to come out looking like a weiner (at least to me).
Old 2008-08-28, 09:31   Link #6
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Bleach OD is going to crap herself over the cover hahahaha
You have me pegged...

I already tried to hug a user for posting it this morning.

I am thrilled I got wish --->"If Ichigo isn't in color the editors die" <---

not about this fight...A good 69 and a release is supposed to come with Ichigo... It's almost anticlimactic ...
Old 2008-08-28, 11:38   Link #7
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
You have me pegged...

I already tried to hug a user for posting it this morning.
Anyone got a translation for the cover?
Old 2008-08-28, 11:47   Link #8
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
With this current scenario he is an interesting as He Man running around in his furry trunks waving his sword doing his bit "By power of Grayskul Yadda Yadda Yada l" . Wait I do love HeMan but HeMan just wouldnt fit in this time and date.
QFT. Everyone who was a kid during 80's knows that HeMan was the f**kin man and Kira sir, is no He-Man. Kira is a mediocre character. Like Langus and Geta, I don't hate him, but find it annoying the way his passive-aggressive attitude is now supposed to be badass.

Hopefully, Birdman is really dead at the end of the chapter. I'm kind of interested in the Hisagi fight, just cause we've seen so little from him, but I'm not looking forward to seeing Ikkaku fight at all. We've already seen him fight more than once, and we've already seen his bankai (which is cool-looking but not interesting at all).
I don't really see much else for him to offer.

Edit: Amirali, the cover is a promotion for the new movie. The white words in the middle say "Goodbye Rukia"

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2008-08-28 at 11:58.
Old 2008-08-28, 12:02   Link #9
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

If it's Kira Week how come we get a color spread of Ichigo? :|

Didn't they already explain about what Wabisuke does?
Old 2008-08-28, 12:21   Link #10
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Hopefully, Birdman is really dead at the end of the chapter.
"[/I]
Maybe he comes back after absorbing the sun's rays?
Old 2008-08-28, 12:42   Link #11
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Hopefully, Birdman is really dead at the end of the chapter.
Birdman and He-man must be rolling in their graves to be compared to pigeon arrancar and Kira. That aside, point well made Sabaku. And thanks for the info about the cover.
Old 2008-08-28, 13:20   Link #12
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I actually can't wait to read it. Kira's one of my favorites; it's nice that he's finally getting a chance to shine. ^_^
Old 2008-08-28, 13:24   Link #13
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Couldn't Kira just hit him a couple of times instead of just saying all that?
Old 2008-08-28, 13:31   Link #14
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Meh, Kira has to explain his ability to every enemy he faces. He done the same thing in this week's episode too.
Old 2008-08-28, 14:14   Link #15
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Well, Kira certainly did look cool when he shunpo'd the birdman when he said Gin's name...

Anyway: I'm going to raise a point I've been holding in for a long time: Please post your comments...Do you agree or not? If this is off topic, could a mod please create a topic for it...

You know what Bleach lacks most? It lacks the type of super powerful characters who REMAIN a mystery. The manga chapters 'End of Hypnosis' when Aizen was unmasked sorta fixed that up, but then the espada came and messed everything up. Aizen came off as the "Wow, the super-villain we've been waiting for. Oh my God, I'm freaking out about how COOl and MYSTERIOUS he is!!".

Do you understand? He was the beginning of the setting of the standards for BLEACH characters. Before AIzen, Ichigo's Development was Obscure, and difficult to understand. I never understood how truly strong he was, and WHAT LEVEL he had reached before AIZEN stopped his BANKAI with ONE FINGER. Then, after that, everything else fell into place.

So far all the Espada have been washouts. I really HOPE that not all really are Vasto Lorde, or else their simple defeats would be such a disappointment. It would be good to find out that all the espada below 4 or 5 are just Adjuchas.

Because in Bleach, the protagonists just storm through the bad guys like they're all really wimps. EVEN when a character or group is really pumped up to be something big, they always turn out to be disappointments.

ALL the captains, as it were, with the Exception of Kenpachi, Ukitake and his friend, and Byakua seemed to be at the same level...they all act like it.
There is no sense of superiority. There is no one particular captain, save Kenpachi, whom everyone will be all like, "Okay, this is gonna be a huge owning, because everyon knows that This-particular-captain is above so-and-so standard."

There's always the doubt. So there are no 'Itachi'-type characters in Bleach. As much as some people may think this is a plus, it IS NOT. EVERY anime has super-owning characters, because it is necessary to set a STANDARD for us to judge a super-cool character by.

So far all we have is Kenpachi and Ichigo for 'above-average', and Aizen for 'Ultimate'. Aizen does the job just fine. But there's something lacking in the "We know for sure that enyone at this level is above getting beaten by Ichigo" department.

The Mangaka just sets up characters, hypes them up, and then sets them up for Ichigo to wipe out. We understand the need for character development, but DO NOT give us a TOTAL insight into every powerful character, please!!!! I'm beginning to dislike it immensely.

The distant, mysterious, Super-predator character is ESSENTIAL!!! We NEED Sesshoumaru! We NEED Itachi, Madara and the Fourth Hokage. We NEED WhiteBeard, Shanks and the Admirals. We NEED Shishio, and the Shinsengumi...

...Am I getting my point across? Kubo needs to STOP making the Powerful characters, who are the standard setters for the show, seem so REACHABLE. ITS NOT a GOOD THING. Because then, there is no standard to judge main protagonists' development by. So far all I know is that, okay, Ichigo is somewhere between 'able to defeat Espada 4', and 'Able to own EVERY SINGLE CAPTAIN in SOUL SOCIETY???'

So soon, he'll be marching right up to Aizen and slapping him in the face, right? Is anything IMPOSSIBLE? They've gone through LAS NOCHES like a FREAKING JOYRIDE!!!!!

Ichigo achieved BANKAI in THREE DAYS MY A$$!!!! So instead of LEAVING Geta-Boshi as the mysterious, ungaugeable character that he was, Kubo decided to reveal HOW he achieved Bankai in three days. WONDERFUL, isn't it. Think about this: How much more cool would Urahara have seemed if we DID NOT yet know how he achieved Bankai in three days?

Sorry, but does anyone else understand what I'm saying?

The only redeeming factor would be if The three espadas facing Gotei 13 are able to, WITHOUT EFFORT defeat the Gotei 13, and destroy the Pillars. Then there would at least be a knowledge that,

"Okay, so that means that not EVERY single bad guy who pops up in bleach can be defeated by weaklings through perseverance. There actually IS a rank that cannot be breached."

Please, Kubo-sensei, do NOT let Ichigo Defeat Ulquiorra with ease...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2008-08-28 at 14:33.
Old 2008-08-28, 14:23   Link #16
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

No title this week

Quote:
* Continues from the last chapter Kira simply said, “Iron wings? That is a strong name. But wings are just wings.” He then threw his sword up in the air and used Hadou #53 Tenrun which created a windy storm. Arivama lost his balance but managed to stop the storm.

* Once he turned back to Kira he already broke into a building. Arivama used his features as bullets and shoot them into the building. Kia ran out of a building and destroyed the poles on the street as shields. He realized that the features could re grow. Arivama yelled he wouldn’t let Kira do whatever he’s planning then scratched his chest to draw blood. Suddenly another set of wings appeared on his back. He flew and used his left wing to hit Kira.

* Arivama was surprised to see saw Kira laying down on the same spot he had attacked. When Arivama was getting smug over it Kira thanked him. “You’re a long-range fighter. I was thinking how could I lure you to be near me...my zampakutou couldn’t affect the distanced objects.” Arivama was about to yell how could a weird looking sword do anything when his body fell.

* His left wing is pulling him down until the floor break and he fell down to another floor. Kira then explained how Wabisuke could double the weight of the objects. Since Arivama’s wings are as heavy as rock, it is impossible for him fly anymore. Arivama accused Kira of cheating. Kira asked back that didn’t Arivama asked him to cheer before the fight.

* “If that action is of a warrior’s then it is beyond my understanding. The 3rd division flower is Mary’s Gold. It means hopeless and it is the pride of the 3rd Division.”“Battles are not the way to become a hero. It is not a joy that bring pleasure. Battles bring hopelessness, fear, and dark side and gruesomeness. Because of this people fears battles and choose the way to avoid them.” Kira slowly walking toward Arivama.

* “I believe my Wabisuke is the best suited with the 3rd Division way of thinking out of all the zampakutous. More you cut, more you have carry the weights. Once you couldn’t carry them any longer you will bow down to the floor. As if you’re apologizing. That is Wabisuke.”“You just asked how could a weird sword like this cut a person?” Asked Kira while rising his hand up. Arivama tried to protest when Kira simply said,

* “A warrior wouldn’t beg for his life” And he brought his blade down.
Quote:
Looks like there will a voting for favorite zampakutou to celebrate Bleach 7th Anniversary.
Credits : Annie
Old 2008-08-28, 14:44   Link #17
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Well, Kira certainly did look cool when he shunpo'd the birdman when he said Gin's name...

Anyway: I'm going to raise a point I've been holding in for a long time: Please post your comments...Do you agree or not? If this is off topic, could a mod please create a topic for it...

You know what Bleach lacks most? It lacks the type of super powerful characters who REMAIN a mystery. The manga chapters 'End of Hypnosis' when Aizen was unmasked sorta fixed that up, but then the espada came and messed everything up. Aizen came off as the "Wow, the super-villain we've been waiting for. Oh my God, I'm freaking out about how COOl and MYSTERIOUS he is!!".

Do you understand? He was the beginning of the setting of the standards for BLEACH characters. Before AIzen, Ichigo's Development was Obscure, and difficult to understand. I never understood how truly strong he was, and WHAT LEVEL he had reached before AIZEN stopped his BANKAI with ONE FINGER. Then, after that, everything else fell into place.

So far all the Espada have been washouts. I really HOPE that not all really are Vasto Lorde, or else their simple defeats would be such a disappointment. It would be good to find out that all the espada below 4 or 5 are just Adjuchas.

Because in Bleach, the protagonists just storm through the bad guys like they're all really wimps. EVEN when a character or group is really pumped up to be something big, they always turn out to be disappointments.

ALL the captains, as it were, with the Exception of Kenpachi, Ukitake and his friend, and Byakua seemed to be at the same level...they all act like it.
There is no sense of superiority. There is no one particular captain, save Kenpachi, whom everyone will be all like, "Okay, this is gonna be a huge owning, because everyon knows that This-particular-captain is above so-and-so standard."

There's always the doubt. So there are no 'Itachi'-type characters in Bleach. As much as some people may think this is a plus, it IS NOT. EVERY anime has super-owning characters, because it is necessary to set a STANDARD for us to judge a super-cool character by.

So far all we have is Kenpachi and Ichigo for 'above-average', and Aizen for 'Ultimate'. Aizen does the job just fine. But there's something lacking in the "We know for sure that enyone at this level is above getting beaten by Ichigo" department.

The Mangaka just sets up characters, hypes them up, and then sets them up for Ichigo to wipe out. We understand the need for character development, but DO NOT give us a TOTAL insight into every powerful character, please!!!! I'm beginning to dislike it immensely.

The distant, mysterious, Super-predator character is ESSENTIAL!!! We NEED Sesshoumaru! We NEED Itachi, Madara and the Fourth Hokage. We NEED WhiteBeard, Shanks and the Admirals. We NEED Shishio, and the Shinsengumi...

...Am I getting my point across? Kubo needs to STOP making the Powerful characters, who are the standard setters for the show, seem so REACHABLE. ITS NOT a GOOD THING. Because then, there is no standard to judge main protagonists' development by. So far all I know is that, okay, Ichigo is somewhere between 'able to defeat Espada 4', and 'Able to own EVERY SINGLE CAPTAIN in SOUL SOCIETY???'

So soon, he'll be marching right up to Aizen and slapping him in the face, right? Is anything IMPOSSIBLE? They've gone through LAS NOCHES like a FREAKING JOYRIDE!!!!!

Ichigo achieved BANKAI in THREE DAYS MY A$$!!!! So instead of LEAVING Geta-Boshi as the mysterious, ungaugeable character that he was, Kubo decided to reveal HOW he achieved Bankai in three days. WONDERFUL, isn't it. Think about this: How much more cool would Urahara have seemed if we DID NOT yet know how he achieved Bankai in three days?

Sorry, but does anyone else understand what I'm saying?

The only redeeming factor would be if The three espadas facing Gotei 13 are able to, WITHOUT EFFORT defeat the Gotei 13, and destroy the Pillars. Then there would at least be a knowledge that,

"Okay, so that means that not EVERY single bad guy who pops up in bleach can be defeated by weaklings through perseverance. There actually IS a rank that cannot be breached."

Please, Kubo-sensei, do NOT let Ichigo Defeat Ulquiorra with ease...
Uhm I am not real Bleach fan but I really support your post.

Bleach was awesome at Soul society but during Hueco Mundo arc and after it has hits huge downfall.

Its like constant stream of fights what are very predictable and bad guys always turn out to be such pushovers but still always hyped before match.

We KNOW that all Vice captains will beat all those Fraccions...there is no zero doubt at it...and it makes me really sad, because it kills all possible suspence there could be... if fight turns multiple chapters we can just hope ''Just finish that Fraccion already so we can turn to more intresting things''

Also thing that little nags me on Bleach is lack of story on it... sometimes its like watching somekind of Mortal Kombat/Tekken animated game where everyones favorite charecter is fighting on turns without any real story behind it.

Story as it is is currently that 'bad guy' Aizens blans to make a 'key' to enter some realm to kill King who seems to be so amazed by his own glory that he wont even show his presnce to his lessers... If Aizen wouldnt kill 100 000 innocents in keymaking process we could just let him go in and kill that king... would it have even that much impact?

Bleach has alot of potential and it has intresting and fun charecters, I just hope Kubo would add some flavour to story and let hollow guys win few fights to make some suspence.

Yeah I agree that I really hope that if/When 1-4 Espadas get beaten they turn out to be just Adjuchas.
Old 2008-08-28, 15:12   Link #18
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post

Its like constant stream of fights what are very predictable and bad guys always turn out to be such pushovers but still always hyped before match.

We KNOW that all Vice captains will beat all those Fraccions...there is no zero doubt at it...and it makes me really sad, because it kills all possible suspence there could be... if fight turns multiple chapters we can just hope ''Just finish that Fraccion already so we can turn to more intresting things''

Also thing that little nags me on Bleach is lack of story on it... sometimes its like watching somekind of Mortal Kombat/Tekken animated game where everyones favorite charecter is fighting on turns without any real story behind it.

Yeah I agree that I really hope that if/When 1-4 Espadas get beaten they turn out to be just Adjuchas.
My friend, I think with that post, and especially those two paragraphs in the middle you hit the nail through the floor. That just about sums up everything.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-08-28, 19:17   Link #19
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
some named character from soul society needs to die to spice up the battles. at this rate everyone either wins, gets saved or gets healed anyway...
Old 2008-08-28, 20:18   Link #20
Langus
Optimus Prime

I'm not really a fan of Naruto, but I will say this - whoever created Naruto is NOT afraid to kill off main crucial characters who have up until that point played an integral role in the plot. THIS is what Bleach is lacking. Kubo's biggest weakness as a writer is his fear of destroying any of his characters. There needs to be loss. As readers we need to know that there's a chance things won't turn out okay. It's what keeps us on the edge of our seats and coming back week after week. Who the hell wants to waste their time reading a predictable manga anyway? The flashback chapters were great - especially the details about Gin! - but these VC fights are weak. Bring on the death (or at the very least the defeat of a major character) so we can remain emotionally invested in this manga please! I will be thoroughly satisfied if Mr. 69 gets his ass handed to him next week.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga