AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Myself; Yourself character(s)
Hidaka Sana 61 35.88%
Yatsushiro Nanaka 91 53.53%
Wakatsuki Shuusuke 50 29.41%
Wakatsuki Shuri 53 31.18%
Oribe Aoi 35 20.59%
Hoshino Asami 52 30.59%
Mochida Hinako 64 37.65%
Fujimura Yuzuki 33 19.41%
Other (specify) 4 2.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-28, 11:11   Link #21
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

oMG I can't believe people vote for Aoi, god her stupid voice still hunts me in my dreams.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 12:02   Link #22
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Heh, lots of people complained about the random Hinako episodes having nothing to do with the plot but I guess more than half likes her still.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 12:09   Link #23
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Heh, lots of people complained about the random Hinako episodes having nothing to do with the plot but I guess more than half likes her still.
Well a lot of it depends on who people want to blame. Some seem to want to blame Hinako for things not being properly fleshed out. I prefer to blame the moron who decided they only needed 13 episodes when it should have been clear that 24 episodes were needed.
Old 2007-12-28, 12:19   Link #24
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually wanted to vote for the main 4 (the twins plus Nanaka and Sana), but I realize that's half of the choices already lol. So I had to narrow it down to 2...

The only surefire was Shuri, as it was her that saved the last half for me.

As for my other choice, there's Nanaka and the two of the most decent male leads I have seen recently. Out of Shuu and Sana, though, I think Sana is just a notch above Shuu, as I feel he's more 'gar' than Shuu is. Being proactive for the entire season trying to understand Nanaka whereas most male leads just do nothing gives Sana major points in my book.

Sana vs Nanaka though, that's a tough one. While I have said some of Sana's merits, I just can't help but feel sympathy with Nanaka. While it was shown that after the accident she was waiting for Sana to save her like a prince on a white horse, after some time she did change. She wasn't waiting for him anymore, and she has resigned herself to the fact that he would most probably never be coming back, much less saving her from her pain. As such, she changed to be someone who isn't dependent on anyone and thus her aloof behaviour even to her other childhood friends. It just so happens however that Sana against all odds did come back, and thus there we have our story.

So its Nanaka by a hair.

As for my least favorite, that would be Aoi. Not because of her voice (I actually like it), but because being the only 'normal' character out of an otherwised effed up cast makes her pale in comparison to the others IMO. It really makes me wonder if she has an effed up past like all the others in the game, and it just so happens it just didn't make it in the anime.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 12:27   Link #25
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So nice to see Hinako with majority of the votes so far. She was by far the best character given that she only had a supporting role
Old 2007-12-28, 12:33   Link #26
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Well a lot of it depends on who people want to blame. Some seem to want to blame Hinako for things not being properly fleshed out. I prefer to blame the moron who decided they only needed 13 episodes when it should have been clear that 24 episodes were needed.
Although I think that the episodes featuring here were great, I do agree that 13 episodes is not enough to give this anime a chance when clearly (IMO) it had the chance to be good.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 17:19   Link #27
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hinako and Wakatsuki twins for me.

Hinako was easily the best character this series had to offer. While i find her personality to be slightly annoying , she also manages to be quite cute in her own way. Coupled with the fact she offered some of the best episodes and was one of the few characters that was not mishandled, there is no way i can not vote her.

Wakatsuki twins - the saving grace of the later half of the anime. They share a nice bond, and one can tell they really are close. Added twincest possibility makes this case stand out even more In the end they had very nice dynamics as characters, and Shuu is a pretty good male character, even if i was not that fond of Shuri. Can't have one without the other
Old 2007-12-28, 21:59   Link #28
ironbomb

Blehz..I didnt realize that you could vote more than one person..I chosed Aoi. Picked her because I liked her charactered the most and showned the best sign of maturity even though she can act a bit reckless with the way she talks lol. She was the only "normal"(lack of a better term) character in the whole anime and didnt do anything absurd lol. I dont know why you hate her voice, I find it "fresh".
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 00:47   Link #29
Akito

Well definitely, since the first time that I saw Nanaka, it was love at first sight.
Definitely she is pretty, and I like her so much maybe because I really like Sasaki Mutsumi's character designs.
You know, Nanaka is a really moe character, because at last she needs Sana to protect her, because she is left alone without parents.
Maybe some Nanaka's fans out here will understand me, that feeling wanting to protect and confort her, of all that she has suffered.

Love Nanaka-chan!!!!
Akito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 00:51   Link #30
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I voted for:

Sana - a character with a dark background but comes out of the darkness and into the light to help Nanaka. Regardless of his past, he struggles to help Nanaka to overcome her dark past.

Nanaka - Same as Sana, in the darkness but dragged out into the light with the help of Nanaka. I also enjoyed her Tsun-dere personality, always blushes ^^. Definitely one of my favorites because i tend to fall for the Tsun-dere characters such as [ Shana (Shakugan no Shana, Louise (Zero no Tsukaima), Ayako ( Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!) ]

I also voted for them because they get the most out of the Character Development category and without them, there would not be a show called "Myself;Yourself" where both of them shares a similar past which pulls them back into the present .
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 01:13   Link #31
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I voted for:

I also voted for them because they get the most out of the Character Development category and without them, there would not be a show called "Myself;Yourself" where both of them shares a similar past which pulls them back into the present .
I don't think so. Cut them out and expand on Asami/Hinako and the show would have been just as good if not better

My choices were the twins, because they were possibly the best anime couple I've seen in a long time, Nanaka because she's so damn gorgeous, and the teacher because she was awesome.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 02:15   Link #32
Bry808
Anime Addict 808

Location: In a room with four walls, a chair, a desk. a bed and a computer
Is it me or does Nanaka and Sana look the same?? It's like they're meant for each other.. Lol.
Bry808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 04:04   Link #33
snarf2691

they have the same eyes for one and they both have suicide scars on their wrists
snarf2691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:31   Link #34
pcube19622
ho hee~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to pcube19622
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf2691 View Post
they have the same eyes for one and they both have suicide scars on their wrists
probablyXD but i like asami hoshino more...cuz she is CUTE and EVIL!! lol
Old 2008-01-13, 02:39   Link #35
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Voted everyone except Aoi and Shuri.

I espescially like:

1. Asami - not because of her Yuri side. But because I find her character to have more depth than the others.
2. Shuu - for being a good male supporting character, he's not annoying like other secondary male characters in similar animes
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 14:10   Link #36
Midori Chi

I just finishing this series yesterday...It was kinda sad. ;__;

I like Mochida the best, I think. 0.0
Midori Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 18:58   Link #37
Keruri
Like a falling star

I love them all, mainly Sana, Nanaka, Shuusuke, Aoi, and Asami, but honestly....

Youta wins it for me. I love that kid. <3 [My favourite characters are quite often very minor. Strange.]
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 20:30   Link #38
Daheji

My favorite characters are Hinako and Asami.

Hinako is a loli! *_* I definitely fell in love with her in the episode 6 in the last scene!

Asami... Psycho Asami! Love love the psycho characters!
Old 2008-08-09, 02:11   Link #39
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Cool

My all-time favorite character would have to be Nanaka because she was so emotionally unstable throughout most of the episodes. It was just so surprising how she reacted when Sana didn't remember her. She was so pissed that she slapped him and gave him a bad look. When she finally let out all her feelings for Sana, it was a kind of embarrassing moment for Sana giving him a feeling of guilt. Wow, she held back a lot of her feelings. Very dramatic character.
Onchuu_Norin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 20:47   Link #40
Keirin
One from the moon

Send a message via MSN to Keirin
My fav is hoshino: she's so similar to myself and she acts like me too
Yuzuki was one cute too :3 and l liked shuu too he was funny and cute