AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-07, 09:48   Link #12701
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Sometimes I wonder how people can play so idiotically, why bother getting a heavy tank if you aren't willing to have it take hits? IT'S A FRIGGIN TANK!

I also sometimes wonder whether or not people understand the concept of advancing forward during a battle.
It's more that most of the teams I'm put on are lemmings that charge forwards and end up getting killed.

At least in my last session, a majority of the matches were with decent teams with only about three of the matches being with idiot teams (in one, I was the last tank that was taken out as I was surrounded my most of the surviving enemy tanks as I'd taking a pounding from a T34-85 (which I managed to take out before I was taken out) and a T1 heavy I was fighting before I found out that I was the only friendly tank remaining in the battle).

And you used the wrong link for the image (the one you posted was likely a link that takes you to the image, and you should have used the direct link (which should have .jpg or whatever extension was used for the image) when using the image tags).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 10:23   Link #12702
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
P.S. can anyone give me tips on grinding the glass cannon german TD line?
It's basically "Don't be seen, because if you get shot you die" until Tier 8, at which point it becomes "Don't be seen, because if you get shot you die, BUT NOW YOU HAVE A TURRETED DOOMCANNON!butdon'tgetshot..."

Marder 38t: Final 75mm is typical, but it has a very wide gun arc and a very good view range, unlike the StuG B and Hetzer.

PzSflIVc: Huge soft cardboard box, but can move quickly. The intermediate 88mm may be the best balance between penetration and, more importantly, traverse, but the final 88mm has the advantage of being overpowered for anything you have to shoot at. Just, y'know, don't get shot. Also has a freakishly-high gun elevation to balance very little gun depression.

Nashorn: A good gun arc but little depression. Reasonably balanced, though; decent stealth and at least some mobility. 88mm L/71 with a very high ROF at Tier 6, yay.

PzSflV: The annoying pain in the ass part of the branch grind. You get a big, slow cardboard box and have to use the Dicker Max's 105mm gun (but a tier higher) for 55000 XP (this requires either APCR spam, free XP, or loss of sanity), and then you get a 128mm gun with a very low ammo count and gimpy handling. Gun depression is spectacular, but that's about the only way to hide the thing.

RBWT: Laugh as your stock gun is the E-75's final gun with a better ROF and aimtime, on a tiny chassis. The 150mm is the E-100's infamous Golden Gun, though it seems that a majority use the 128mm anyway because of its much better handling.

WTPzIV: Like RBWT, but better.

WTE100: I haven't gotten there yet, but it's really a gimmick tank. If you move out from cover, you will be seen. Anything under your reticle will either die or move out of the way. Anything that sees your turret not pointed at them will shoot at your turret and go right through the sheet metal there. Seen sooooo many WTE drivers get slaughtered with under 1000 damage in a game; usage comes down to hiding way in the back for as long as possible or tagging along with a heavy wolfpack to meatshield it while it shoots and reloads.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 21:11   Link #12703
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
WTE100: I haven't gotten there yet, but it's really a gimmick tank. If you move out from cover, you will be seen. Anything under your reticle will either die or move out of the way. Anything that sees your turret not pointed at them will shoot at your turret and go right through the sheet metal there. Seen sooooo many WTE drivers get slaughtered with under 1000 damage in a game; usage comes down to hiding way in the back for as long as possible or tagging along with a heavy wolfpack to meatshield it while it shoots and reloads.
You're not missing anything. WTE100 is awful to play. It's the ultimate camping tank that can't be hidden and in the event of little cover, it HAS to engage enemy tanks in the extremely limited range of being farther than the 445m maximum spotting range but closer than the 500m draw distance. There is very little flexibility when playing it; even E100s have more freedom to move where they want.

The Rhm.-Borsig WT and WT Pz. IV are gods of the battlefield, and the WT Pz. IV in particular is like a tier 10 in disguise anyway, so I'd suggest Raviel to just stop there unless they're into serious clan wars.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 21:36   Link #12704
Gravitas Free Zone

On the perils of low tier games: I was putting another of my multitudinous Kraut medium crew through premium tank training and part of the rotation is the Somua S35... opposing team featured that bane of low-tiers, a full T18 platoon. They only had three crippling disadvantages: It was a 50% Tier 3 game, two of the three of them were tomatoes, and the rest of their team was, simply put, doomed. The one with the most games and the 56% WR in-vehicle actually ended up trying to scout a flank on his own, where they ran into me, also scouting a flank on my own, but I had 50% more view range and camo on. The other two T18s were hiding back at the spawn with about a third of the team, which my team's lemming train eventually crashed into and destroyed.

Now, if their team had rushed the flank that I was holding alone, we would have been crushed. Demonstrating again that at low tiers not much is guaranteed.

Meanwhile, I'm almost to the AMX 13 90. The 13/75 has wobbled wildly between incredibly infuriating and somewhat tolerable. I actually don't like low-tier games with it, they just seem to backfire on me. High-tier games often result in my being converted into a ball of incandescent gas in one to two shots, but at least the XP is better.

Images
I still need to remember to quit while I'm ahead.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...or, the JPE100 decided that if it was going to take someone down with it, it would be the lowest-HP thing that it could find. I didn't quite manage to flank it before it reloaded. I could have also just avoided the thing entirely, but I decided that I would try to steal a Top Gun out of the melee.
Old 2014-08-07, 21:57   Link #12705
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I`ll be planning to grind my way up to STB-1. Can anyone here give me some tips on how to play the Chi-He?
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 22:02   Link #12706
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am really frustrated by my lack of judgement. What's been killing me is me walking into a fight by my lonesome in a KV5 as I try to flank, and it's outright frustrating that I couldn't judge when to attack. I've gotten the basics on bouncing shots and hiding r2d2 in a fight down, but that doesn't do squat if I can't read the battle correctly. I've finally been using the minimap to help me gauge at what's there, but still...

urgh! So frustrating!

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 22:45   Link #12707
Pen3

I find that playing with unicums let you learn a thing or two from them.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 06:39   Link #12708
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

But that`s not my case >< I got good games with my IS-6 today Nearly got top gun
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 11:30   Link #12709
Gravitas Free Zone

I managed 13 wins in 15 games yesterday, which balanced out some of the 50% sessions of the past few days.

I don't particularly believe in streaks, given how random the game environment can be, but I do think that taking a break regardless of circumstances every hour or so is just good for your general physical well-being. (Totally-tangential Sword Art Online thought: Who would think it was a good idea to use a device that totally divorces you from your voluntary nervous system and normal senses? Your cat will end up peeing on your head or burning the house down.)
Old 2014-08-08, 12:19   Link #12710
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
(Totally-tangential Sword Art Online thought: Who would think it was a good idea to use a device that totally divorces you from your voluntary nervous system and normal senses? Your cat will end up peeing on your head or burning the house down.)
The same kind of guy who thinks Death Gun is a cool and creative name for his online persona.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 21:04   Link #12711
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
The same kind of guy who thinks Death Gun is a cool and creative name for his online persona.
I've seen Desu Gan described as "some crazed Dekomori fan."

Meanwhile, I thought of the angling guide here as I was just in a game where someone in an IS-3 decided that their best plan was to peek out into Tank Alley from behind another tank... by driving into the alley at a 45-degree angle.

I would have been laughing about it more if they were on the other team.
Old 2014-08-10, 05:54   Link #12712
Pen3

Finally got Ace for my T57.

Images
Old 2014-08-10, 15:31   Link #12713
Gravitas Free Zone

Quite close to getting the AMX 13/90 now. My original plan was to dump the 13/75 when that happened, but having a few decent games in it, plus almost having the first Mark of Excellence on it, makes me wonder if I might keep it after all.

On the other hand, the 13/75 seems to be generally outclassed by the T71 for a tier 7 light, while the 13/90 still has some unique characteristics at its tier.
Old 2014-08-12, 09:22   Link #12714
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, I'm rather hoping that this book can be used to teach more people how to play WoT properly, since it's more comprehensive (and vastly more entertaining) than the actual ingame tutorial or any of the online manuals on the game (well, apart from the online version of these comics).

Also, the ARL-44 is fast becoming my favorite Tier 6 tank: it's got good armor, decent mobility for a heavy, and it has a totally awesome gun... and I haven't even unlocked its two top guns yet!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 10:03   Link #12715
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, the ARL-44 is fast becoming my favorite Tier 6 tank: it's got good armor, decent mobility for a heavy, and it has a totally awesome gun... and I haven't even unlocked its two top guns yet!
The ARL 44 is a total blast to play. 105mm with APCR is the best gun with that alpha boost.

Images
my old stats for the ARL 44
Old 2014-08-12, 12:04   Link #12716
Gravitas Free Zone

I've unlocked the 13 90. Leaning back to "meh" on keeping the 13 75, though I did manage to get the first Mark of Excellence with it. Turns out that that only requires a 0.75 damage ratio. Tempester, I recall that you hated it (skipped it entirely?).
Old 2014-08-12, 12:18   Link #12717
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
I've unlocked the 13 90. Leaning back to "meh" on keeping the 13 75, though I did manage to get the first Mark of Excellence with it. Turns out that that only requires a 0.75 damage ratio. Tempester, I recall that you hated it (skipped it entirely?).
I only skipped the Lorraine 40t and the pre-ELC tanks. It was the AMX 12t that I absolutely detested for being a horribly slow piece of junk that always saw tier 10 tanks, the latter issue thankfully being fixed recently. The 13 75 isn't *good* but at least has more tolerable speed, gun stats and depression. If you're enjoying the 13 75, the 13 90 and BatChat will blow your pants off.
Old 2014-08-12, 21:58   Link #12718
Gravitas Free Zone

Unlocked the 110.

What a difference a year or two make: My performance with the IS-2 in the last couple of months absolutely crushes my performance with the IS from... whatever distant portion of 2013 my IS grind was.

Though it helped enormously that several components of the IS-2 were already unlocked, instead of the ridiculously stupid grind that is required to get the top 122mm on the IS.
Old 2014-08-13, 03:34   Link #12719
Pen3

Quote:
Unlocked the 110.

What a difference a year or two make: My performance with the IS-2 in the last couple of months absolutely crushes my performance with the IS from... whatever distant portion of 2013 my IS grind was.

Though it helped enormously that several components of the IS-2 were already unlocked, instead of the ridiculously stupid grind that is required to get the top 122mm on the IS.
I love the 110 in brawls and it is by far my favorite Tier8 HT. It jsut does everything better than the IS-3 in my book with 139 games and 62% winrate.

I finally got my first Mark for the JPE100 tonight
Old 2014-08-13, 03:43   Link #12720
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I finally got my first Mark for the JPE100 tonight
I'd let Kotori fire my gun if you know what I mean.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks