AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-05, 08:24   Link #61
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
BTW, should we combine both this thread and the first season?

Anyways, it sure made improvements over the first half of Rewrite. It appears that Koutarou Tennouji knows who he was back then and he helped Kagari of achieving a possible route to Earth and humanity's salvation.

But then again, seems that Episode 17 is somewhat a flashback or a recreation of the original timeline where Koutarou is a juvenile until he met a young Kotori Kanbe and Akane Senri, plus the sapling that'll become Kagari.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 22:14   Link #62
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So we have James Bond Kotarou, and also Jerk Ass Kotarou, presumably alive at the same time? Whoah, what's going on here. Like Kotarou when he got healed with Kagari's ribbon looks more like in age like James Bond, but Jerk Ass should be the 'real' one since Kotori did say Kotaro wasn't as nice as he was before.
Seems to me more like "starts a dramatic scene, then backtrack through a huge flashback" type of scene.
Old 2017-02-06, 23:17   Link #63
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

FYI IgnisMemoria is out to those willing to play it, but I'm not sure if there's enough posters to warrant a Mobage Thread. For now though, it's a bit important to know that IgnisMemoria features 50 Routes taken from the Possibility of the Theory of Life.

Including a simulation where Sayuka is such a genius that he single-handedly took down Guardian. Uh...
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 00:56   Link #64
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 14:02.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 10:05   Link #65
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

With Episodes 5 and 6, I really hope everyone is able to connect the dots right about now.

The three options.
Kotori in the background.
Kotarou in a suit, bleeding from one side, meeting the Key.
Old 2017-02-24, 00:18   Link #66
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Judging from the number of comments lately it doesn't look like anybody is connecting anything anymore.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-24, 07:47   Link #67
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Judging from the number of comments lately it doesn't look like anybody is connecting anything anymore.
ikr

FYI, Preview is up, and why am I getting Madoka Rebellion vibes off this one?

Old 2017-02-25, 21:56   Link #68
gdpetti

I liked the first few eps with all the esoteric 'babble', as long as you know what that 'food for the moon' issue is about, makes me wonder if the writer of this series knows or not? Anime is full of examples that utilize some esoteric content without context. It's weirdly wonderful to see even this little bit... as rare as it is.

Here's a little bit on what Gurdjieff said about this 'food for the moon'.. scroll down a touch.
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.p...pvp7#msg279209
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 22:09   Link #69
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well seeing Kotarou trun from green to a seasoned soldier felt a bit rushed
Old 2017-02-26, 00:11   Link #70
Blueknight78

i honestly gonna say which i'm on the verge of giving up on this serie or try to understand what is happening here, the first season was perfect and i could at last understand most of what happen, second season is just like "lost" later seasons which a lot of confuse and non sense things happen but here is on minor scale.

well let me see if i can "understand what happened ont his episode" basically we have a sort of "other world with a soldier version of koutaru instead of the james bond from the other world then we gonna be jumping between james bond world and soldier world , this gonna be a really painfull riddle.

i'm not really fan of "smoked/drug" series, while they can be fun somethimes the crazyness aways ending put me down.
Old 2017-02-26, 05:52   Link #71
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i honestly gonna say which i'm on the verge of giving up on this serie or try to understand what is happening here, the first season was perfect and i could at last understand most of what happen, second season is just like "lost" later seasons which a lot of confuse and non sense things happen but here is on minor scale.

well let me see if i can "understand what happened ont his episode" basically we have a sort of "other world with a soldier version of koutaru instead of the james bond from the other world then we gonna be jumping between james bond world and soldier world , this gonna be a really painfull riddle.

i'm not really fan of "smoked/drug" series, while they can be fun somethimes the crazyness aways ending put me down.
Are you even trying to understand? I understand that the start of season 2 (the moon part) might have been confusing for a great deal of people, but the last 3-4 episodes have been rather straigtforward. You should be able to figure out what's going on.

Esaka sent him to the private security firm in the warzone at the end of the previous episode. This private security firm (the part of the army he's in now) is actually part of Guardian. So, he's still acting as Suzuki Bondo. Luis even called him Bondo at multiple occasions during this episode.
Old 2017-02-26, 11:11   Link #72
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Are you even trying to understand? I understand that the start of season 2 (the moon part) might have been confusing for a great deal of people, but the last 3-4 episodes have been rather straigtforward. You should be able to figure out what's going on.

Esaka sent him to the private security firm in the warzone at the end of the previous episode. This private security firm (the part of the army he's in now) is actually part of Guardian. So, he's still acting as Suzuki Bondo. Luis even called him Bondo at multiple occasions during this episode.
ok let me see if i get the point, the whole "james bond" thing was a "flashback" thing cuz he appeared as a soldier one episode before the james bond thing, then the whole james bond was to show how he ended on that "army"????? another note what happened with his partners????, they also not where supposed to go with him???,
Old 2017-02-26, 11:23   Link #73
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Terra is pretty straightforward, I'm not even sure why you are confused at this point:

Terra Ep1 (S2 ep4): We see Kotarou in a very different environment compared to before: he is actually part of Guardian Branch that act as a private security firm (borderline mercenary) in the middle east.
Before going through this plotline, we get a glimpse of his childhood. At this point, we already know Kotarou is approximately 10 years older than Kotori & co, and that he actually met some of them already at that point.

Terra Ep2 (S2 ep5): We have more flashbacks explaining how he got enrolled to Guardian and how he trained there.

Terra Ep3 (S2 ep6): Kotarou returns to Kazamatsuri, but as "Bondo Kotarou". Then we got Guardian facing Gaia at Kazamatsuri. This is where Terra is different compared to other routes: Kotarou is usually "killed" by Kagari upon his discovery (leading to a 10 year coma, which lead to his high school life style we have seen in S1). However, this time, he decides to let her alone, which lead to different events this time around.

Starting from there, Kotarou is already having doubts regarding Guardian. He is then transferred to the security firm branch (cf the first episode), which is why he isn't with his usual buddies.

Terra ep4 (S2 ep7): Resuming where Terra Ep1 left: Kotarou basically witnessing the ugly side of war and guardian as a whole. 2 years later, he is called by Ekasa.

So the timeline is pretty much appropriate, except that "warzone scene" back in episode 1 that acted as a teaser.
Old 2017-02-26, 13:24   Link #74
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Terra is pretty straightforward, I'm not even sure why you are confused at this point:

Terra Ep1 (S2 ep4): We see Kotarou in a very different environment compared to before: he is actually part of Guardian Branch that act as a private security firm (borderline mercenary) in the middle east.
Before going through this plotline, we get a glimpse of his childhood. At this point, we already know Kotarou is approximately 10 years older than Kotori & co, and that he actually met some of them already at that point.

Terra Ep2 (S2 ep5): We have more flashbacks explaining how he got enrolled to Guardian and how he trained there.

Terra Ep3 (S2 ep6): Kotarou returns to Kazamatsuri, but as "Bondo Kotarou". Then we got Guardian facing Gaia at Kazamatsuri. This is where Terra is different compared to other routes: Kotarou is usually "killed" by Kagari upon his discovery (leading to a 10 year coma, which lead to his high school life style we have seen in S1). However, this time, he decides to let her alone, which lead to different events this time around.

Starting from there, Kotarou is already having doubts regarding Guardian. He is then transferred to the security firm branch (cf the first episode), which is why he isn't with his usual buddies.

Terra ep4 (S2 ep7): Resuming where Terra Ep1 left: Kotarou basically witnessing the ugly side of war and guardian as a whole. 2 years later, he is called by Ekasa.

So the timeline is pretty much appropriate, except that "warzone scene" back in episode 1 that acted as a teaser.
i think my problem is which on the beginner in the moon we have so much "multiple timelines and worlds which when earth come and the first episode come and i see koutaro in the "mercenary then later come back to his school life i was like "wow 2 timelines again", and didn't get which the bondo part was a flashback to explain how he ended on the army, the problem was a lack of proper transition between present and flashback the anime don't make too clear which he going back to past was a flashback to explain how he get on that point since we get too much confusion on the beginner then it affected how i could see the "later".

if they had made a "foreshadow" which that episodes where a flashback and not another "alternative timeline i could have understood better that part", that was what i missed.
Old 2017-02-26, 13:30   Link #75
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Anime only watcher here. I haven't had any problems following this new route, and understanding what was a flashback and what wasn't. The newest route has been pretty straight forward to me.
Old 2017-02-26, 15:35   Link #76
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
i think my problem is which on the beginner in the moon we have so much "multiple timelines and worlds which when earth come and the first episode come and i see koutaro in the "mercenary then later come back to his school life i was like "wow 2 timelines again", and didn't get which the bondo part was a flashback to explain how he ended on the army, the problem was a lack of proper transition between present and flashback the anime don't make too clear which he going back to past was a flashback to explain how he get on that point since we get too much confusion on the beginner then it affected how i could see the "later".

if they had made a "foreshadow" which that episodes where a flashback and not another "alternative timeline i could have understood better that part", that was what i missed.
With a bit of attention, you would have noticed that the Earth only had enough energy for ONE more reset (timeline). Meaning that once the reset started, there would be no more multiple timelines. This is all one timeline. They just teased the war at the beginning.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 20:43   Link #77
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Really my only beef was that they have shown, in the very beginning of Terra, both emo!Kotarou and James Bond were shown practically back to back. Coming from Moon with multiple timelines, it was easy to think these Kotarou weren't the same. A little bit of clarification (like Bond Kotarou thinking outloud what his childhood was, which triggers the flashback) would have went a long way.

Though Kotarou really has an easy way with little girls, doesn't he? Not that I'm complaining, as I like Kotori, Akane, Yasmin, and Kagari. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 22:28   Link #78
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Really my only beef was that they have shown, in the very beginning of Terra, both emo!Kotarou and James Bond were shown practically back to back. Coming from Moon with multiple timelines, it was easy to think these Kotarou weren't the same. A little bit of clarification (like Bond Kotarou thinking outloud what his childhood was, which triggers the flashback) would have went a long way.

Though Kotarou really has an easy way with little girls, doesn't he? Not that I'm complaining, as I like Kotori, Akane, Yasmin, and Kagari. XD
yeah that was my problem i get confused on that moment if they made things a little more clear about a "flashback" could be more easy to get it.

yeah koutaro is really a big (actually small size) lolicon, all the girls he get interested where underaged for him specially now since he must be near a adult, which is another thing bothering me is the fact which koutaro is the one which don't look like "grow or age" he look like the same as when he was a kid this is part of his power not age?? or just anime/japanese logic of characters never "age".(aways looks like a 15years old or less).

was really weird everyone on his army with a more "adult look" at last "big than him and he looking like a little kid near then.
Old 2017-02-27, 04:10   Link #79
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Gotta say that the new timeline (or flashback) has turned Koutarou Tennouji from a naive boy with superpowers to a shell-shocked veteran in just two years I think.

Now then, I wonder when will he leave Guardian and find the true salvation? After all, Koutarou saw how his comrades and children die just because both Gaia and Guardian are at odds with each other.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 07:42   Link #80
Fencel

Quote:
yeah that was my problem i get confused on that moment if they made things a little more clear about a "flashback" could be more easy to get it.

yeah koutaro is really a big (actually small size) lolicon, all the girls he get interested where underaged for him specially now since he must be near a adult, which is another thing bothering me is the fact which koutaro is the one which don't look like "grow or age" he look like the same as when he was a kid this is part of his power not age?? or just anime/japanese logic of characters never "age".(aways looks like a 15years old or less).
When Kotarou tried to attack Kagari and was lethally wounded in the previous timelines, Kotori saved his life using a piece of Kagari's ribbon. To do this, she had to place him under a contract with herself using a summoner technique, turning him into a monster who survived off his summoner-monster link to Kotori. As a result, he stopped aging.
Fencel is offline   Reply With Quote