AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-01-08, 06:20   Link #41
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

favorite heroine in a gundam series

favorite gundam series

series with the best mobile suits

-i didnt find these threads, if they exist can someone link it to me please-
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 10:17   Link #42
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
favorite heroine in a gundam series
I don't see why the thread should be limited to just heroine, or female character.

Favourite Gundam TV Series Lead

Favourite Major Gundam 00 Character

Favorite Support Character(s)
Quote:
favorite gundam series
What is your favorite Gundam series?
Quote:
series with the best mobile suits
Your favourite MS

I have no issue with creating new threads but you really are just wasting everyone's time if you can't find the threads for yourself (all this does is make it more difficult to notice the "real" requests if everyone asks without at least trying to find the appropriate thread for themselves). I found the above threads by searching for "favourite" / "favorite" in the thread title. I'm sure there are plenty of other suitable threads as well.

In fact it would help greatly if we (the Mods) could get some feedback from the Gundam forum regulars as to what kind of new threads would be suitable to create. I wouldn't know a Gundam from a VOTOM so it's rather difficult (and unfair to the fans and posters here) for me to try and judge the suitability of the requests. Help would be appreciated, but it would also help if the suggestions had some thought applied and that they had been checked to see if anything suitable exists or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I hope you don't mind but can you make a thread for the Gundam 00 Nintendo DS game? It's been announced on ANN that Gundam 00 and something else are getting Nintendo DS games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's already being talked about here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...48543&page=105

If i remember correctly, don't we already have a thread dedicated to the Gundam game franchise?
I would appreciate help as to what threads are required in this area. I would prefer not to have a thread for every game and for every game platform but I'm sure a generic Gundam Games thread would be a good idea (or if needed, several threads if really required).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I wonder if it's too early to have Gundam 30years thread, since it's almost 30years that Gundam came out (1979). Or something like speculation for 30year anniversary thread or something along that line.
I have no objections in creating this thread but it seems a little early since it's still a year away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Best/Favorite Gundam attack/move/abilities thread could be good.
I suspect a number of these already exist. If not, then fair enough but just what would be the purpose (i.e. remember we prefer to have discussion and not just lists in out thread ).

Last edited by xris; 2008-01-08 at 10:27.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 12:43   Link #43
4Tran

For the most part, there isn't any pressing need for new threads. This forum has been active since December of 2005 (and technically, even before that), so there's already a place for most of the discussion-worthy material as long as thread necromancy is allowed.

There's certainly room for new threads when new material comes up about either Gundam 00 or other new works, but stuff like "Favorite X" or "Best Y" have mostly been hashed out. There will probably be inevitable requests for comparing things from Gundam 00 to other works, but those should probably be addressed near the end of Gundam 00's run (probably sometime in 2009), when there's enough details to work on.

One topic that may be a good idea would be to create a "General Gundam 00 Non-spoiler Discussion" thread. However, I don't know how much interest there would be since nobody seems to really mind the spoiler thread.
Old 2008-01-09, 22:46   Link #44
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I agree to what he said. Although, it would be helpful if the thread should also be labeled with a warning for fans who haven't seen Gundam 00 that it's spoiler heavy for them. Not all people have watched all Gundam 00 episodes as of yet, some might be just starting, or have stopped watching because they had to attend to other important matters like schoolwork or their jobs. :P

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 16:39   Link #45
kari-no-sugata

I think we need a "nitpicking" thread, for those who want to argue about some particular plot point or similar in tedious detail. At least, general threads which end up dominated by such a discussion can be moved to the nitpicking thread...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 17:24   Link #46
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I think we need a "nitpicking" thread, for those who want to argue about some particular plot point or similar in tedious detail. At least, general threads which end up dominated by such a discussion can be moved to the nitpicking thread...
I like the idea in principle but I'm not so sure of the practicality. I suspect a lot of posts will assume a nitpicking thread = spam (i.e. waffle on about rubbish). A lot of people can't seem to argue / discuss with resorting to flames or insults if someone posts a contrary opinion. Also, such a generic thread would seem too wide a topic since it could cover all the Gundam series, anime and manga.

As it stands I don't think it would stand much chance as a serious topic. I'm not opposed to the idea but I think it needs some work on how to present the topic and exactly what focus such a thread should have.
Old 2008-01-10, 20:52   Link #47
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I like the idea in principle but I'm not so sure of the practicality. I suspect a lot of posts will assume a nitpicking thread = spam (i.e. waffle on about rubbish). A lot of people can't seem to argue / discuss with resorting to flames or insults if someone posts a contrary opinion. Also, such a generic thread would seem too wide a topic since it could cover all the Gundam series, anime and manga.

As it stands I don't think it would stand much chance as a serious topic. I'm not opposed to the idea but I think it needs some work on how to present the topic and exactly what focus such a thread should have.
If only all posts here were as well reasoned as this. I can't say I've developed a better solution that answers all your points, but here's some further thoughts:

As a less negative title for the thread, maybe "Details Demilitarized Zone"...?

I think the main target should be threads for episodes - eg arguing about background details or real world physics/politics that are not directly part of the main story. On the other hand, getting into detail on (say) a particular character in a thread for that character seems fine to me.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 09:52   Link #48
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
I think the main target should be threads for episodes - eg arguing about background details or real world physics/politics that are not directly part of the main story. On the other hand, getting into detail on (say) a particular character in a thread for that character seems fine to me.
Wouldn't Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Military and Government Discussion Thread be a suitable place to discuss such topics ?
Old 2008-01-13, 02:27   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
If only all posts here were as well reasoned as this. I can't say I've developed a better solution that answers all your points, but here's some further thoughts:

As a less negative title for the thread, maybe "Details Demilitarized Zone"...?

I tend to agree with such an idea too. I think the type of post that would go there is the kind that obviously meant to take a hacksaw to the series on things such as fanservice, character decisions and sub plots. Basically if it's ancilliary to the plot like discussion on the captain Sumeragi's generous bust or what Wang Liu Min wears (two things that pop up frequently right in the middle of a discussion) then it could go in such a thread. I guess I would offer that the term "Non-Plot Related Discussion" could be added to the thread title in brackets or in a message inside the actual thread.

I support this idea really only because I personally don't want to see a repeat of what happened in the episode 8 thread where for a page and a half people talked about Sumeragi in a bathing suit, a scene that took up maybe 30 seconds of screen time, and really did nitpick about it. I see where the aim of this topic is going and I think it could help..
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 20:05   Link #50
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Dang when did this forum get this rule ..Good gotta suffer for the bad I guess...

Title: Do you think a 00 Main Character should or will die before S1 ends? (Discussion of possibilities)

Not sure if I want a poll...I'm definatley interested in who people want to die, but I think I'll keep it to a discussion thread...Basically I want to find out if people feel like that would enhance the series, detract it, or how it compares with various Gundam norms which has had this happen before...I think some real strong discussion can take place based on the current progression of certain characters (Ali, Lockon, Alleh, etc.)

I'll write a discussion post if I'm given the go ahead, thanx...
Old 2008-01-16, 09:37   Link #51
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Not sure if I want a poll...I'm definatley interested in who people want to die, but I think I'll keep it to a discussion thread...Basically I want to find out if people feel like that would enhance the series, detract it, or how it compares with various Gundam norms which has had this happen before...I think some real strong discussion can take place based on the current progression of certain characters (Ali, Lockon, Alleh, etc.)

I'll write a discussion post if I'm given the go ahead, thanx...
Seems like it could make for an interesting discussion as long as it sticks to your intended context (discussion on possibilities and effects it might leave to series overall/other characters) ... i just hope it won't degrade in to "I hate X so he must die !!" kind of thing. Go ahead and make the opening post, post it here and it will be made the OP of a new thread.
Old 2008-01-16, 09:49   Link #52
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Title: Do you think a 00 Main Character should or will die before S1 ends? (Discussion of possibilities)
You will need to change the title and focus of the thread because the whole "who should die" topic will just distract the discussion and just encourage rants, raves and other inconsiderate posts.

You should also include an appropriately modified version of the character discussion guidelines as well.
Quote:
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2008-01-16, 10:01   Link #53
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Seems like it could make for an interesting discussion as long as it sticks to your intended context (discussion on possibilities and effects it might leave to series overall/other characters) ... i just hope it won't degrade in to "I hate X so he must die !!" kind of thing. Go ahead and make the opening post, post it here and it will be made the OP of a new thread.
Thanx, I'll make my opening post later today after work...And yes I will make sure the focus is on the discussion, not campaigning...

I will also modify the title aswell...
Old 2008-01-17, 02:33   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Possible character deaths in Gundam 00 before S1 ends (philosophy and effects) thread created. I also took some liberties in adjusting the title and guidelines. Have fun
Old 2008-01-21, 03:30   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I was hoping to gain approval for a poll thread asking people what they think is the "Gundam Series With The Most Overpowered Gundam". This has been a pretty hot topic as Gundam 00 continues it's run as to whether the Gundam's are more or less overwhelming compared to opposing technology then the older series and I thought it might be fun for there to a thread of it's own to sound off on the issue and say which series people think has the most overpowered Gundam. For guidelines I would suggest a single vote option, visible to the public with the option for people to give reasons behind there choice. Of course the normal rules of respect others opinions, no campaigning and such would apply.

For choices I would suggest something along the following lines:
  • One Year War (Includes Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, War in The Pocket, MS Igloo, Gundam Blue Destiny and Gundam Side Story: Rise From The Ashes
  • Post One Year War Conflict (Includes Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory and L'Ecole Du Ciel)
  • Neo Zeon War (Includes Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam and Gundam Sentinel)
  • 2nd Neo Zeon War (Includes Char's Counterattack and Hathaway's Flash)
  • Cosmo Babylonia War (Includes Gundam F90/Gundam F91/SilhouetteF91 and Crossbone Gundam/Skullheart/Steel 7)
  • Zanscare Conflict (Includes Victory Gundam)
  • Future Century (Includes G Gundam)
  • After Colony (Includes Gundam Wing, Gundam Wing Battlefield of The Pacifists, Gundam Wing: G-Unit, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz)
  • After War (Includes Gundam X/Under The Moonlight)
  • Seireki (Includes Turn A Gundam)
  • Cosmic Century (Include Gundam Seed/Destiny/Stargazer)
  • A.D (Includes Gundam 00/P/V/F

That would be 12 choices, and if this thread is approved and people would like it narrowed down or expanded further then I'll take that into consideration as well.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 21:32   Link #56
Iron Fist
Ninja Warrior

Can we have a thread for Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor?

Would that be ok?
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 21:46   Link #57
4Tran

There's already a Operation Meteor OVA, so wouldn't it cover what you're looking to discuss?
Old 2008-01-22, 21:52   Link #58
Iron Fist
Ninja Warrior

LOL, i'm new to the forum. I didn't see a thread....Thanks for linking me to it!
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 06:33   Link #59
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Spoiler for saving space:
I am not completely against the idea, and the concept does offer room for discussion. What i don't like is the possibility that people might start posting lists of Universes (or worse - mobile suits) without offering any actual thoughts on the subject. Second is your proposed lineup - it is messy and hard to follow. If you could come up with something that isn't headache inducting then it would be an option ... else i think it is better if we avoid a poll altogether and have the thread completely discussion based.
Old 2008-02-01, 03:33   Link #60
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Well, I know it's not much of a thread, but is there a chance that you could post a sound effects request thread? I've been wanting to find Gundam sound effects to use for movies, and couldn't find any no matter where I looked.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote