AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-11, 14:45   Link #1821
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Uuh I'm a little late but anyway: Yay for 2nd season starting Jan 2011! (no thread for 2nd season on AS yet?) ... I also like that it's during the cold days as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
I hope season 2 starts off after the events in season 1 (new years). I also started on the manga due to the way it ended in season 1.
I expect them to stay as close to the source material as they did with season 1 , which was brilliantly done.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 16:39   Link #1822
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
(no thread for 2nd season on AS yet?)
Just created a thread for the second season, which can be found here.
Old 2010-11-01, 02:05   Link #1823
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post

Now for pics of all the DVDs together as well as all the first press extras it came with. I also took pictures of the application tickets each volume came with as it hand cute chibi drawings of the main cast on the top right hand corner. I'm thinking of scanning the tickets in high resolution to keep pictures of those chibi drawings since you have to cut them out and mail them in together to get the artbox. Probably should do that before I send off those application tickets (since it's only valid for people with a Japanese address, I got someone in Japan willing to help me obtain it with no commissions/fees).
Finally got the Kimi ni Todoke DVD artbox in today, VAP started sending out these boxes in late October. I'm glad I was able to use those application tickets instead of paying more money for the box seeing how people were willing to pay up to 15,000 yen for it on YJA.

Spoiler for Kimi Todo DVD artbox:
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 04:37   Link #1824
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Such a fantastic box. Pleased they went with one off Shiina Karuho's designs.
Old 2010-11-14, 20:25   Link #1825
ElizLestrad

Has anyone heard anything about Kimi ni Todoke being released on DVD in the US? The only license I could find was the one for Viz, but the press release thingy they gave made it seem that they only licensed the manga and not Season 1? Honestly Id find it a real shame considering other series that I would think "less likely to appeal to an American audience" annouced licenses (Queen's Blade...not that I thought the series was bad, I was just honestly surprised a US studio picked it up over others)

I really want to buy Kimi on DVD, but with the seemingly high chance of either landing a fake copy or landing an NTSC-1 coded copy it seems like an impossibility. Im curious though Darktruth if the box set you got was coded for NTSC-1 or if it was region free?
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 02:25   Link #1826
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post
Im curious though Darktruth if the box set you got was coded for NTSC-1 or if it was region free?
It's the Japanese release which is coded for region 2 NTSC players. You can easily buy region free DVD players these days to get over the problem of the DVD region codes. I know it's not illegal in my country (Australia) to have one or get your DVD player modded to play DVDs from any country since region coding violates our free trade agreement, not sure about other countries though.

Oh, if you're also wondering, there is NO English subtitles on the Japanese DVD release but I don't need them anyway since I can understand the language.
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 04:23   Link #1827
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Kimi ni Todoke being released on DVD in the US? The only license I could find was the one for Viz, but the press release thingy they gave made it seem that they only licensed the manga and not Season 1? Honestly Id find it a real shame considering other series that I would think "less likely to appeal to an American audience" annouced licenses (Queen's Blade...not that I thought the series was bad, I was just honestly surprised a US studio picked it up over others)
I don't think it's been licensed yet in North America; I'm not sure why it hasn't been since the manga's been licensed. Shojo/josei works in general seem to be unlucky when it comes to licensing; if you're a North American shojo anime/manga fan, you're pretty much forced to go online to find what you want.

Still, if the manga sells well enough, the anime will probably get licensed too.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 15:13   Link #1828
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The female romance fans are too busy with Twilight to pay any attention to something like this.
Old 2010-11-20, 22:03   Link #1829
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The female romance fans are too busy with Twilight to pay any attention to something like this.
Sadly this is true, but if it does get licensed its most likely going to be Sentai that gets it since they have been licensing these sorts of titles for a sub-only release with the exception of Clannad.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 22:24   Link #1830
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
So...

Is this thread going back into the current series forum? Or do we start a new thread to discuss Ume's viewpoint? (Episode Zero for season 2)

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 10:02   Link #1831
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
So...

Is this thread going back into the current series forum? Or do we start a new thread to discuss Ume's viewpoint? (Episode Zero for season 2)
Second season thread.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:10   Link #1832
tyciol
*Artist

Hey so how come the summary on the tracker says 24 episodes http://animesuki.com/series.php/1511.html yet the tracker shows individual and batched that include a 25th? Is it some OVA?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 07:29   Link #1833
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Hey so how come the summary on the tracker says 24 episodes http://animesuki.com/series.php/1511.html yet the tracker shows individual and batched that include a 25th? Is it some OVA?
Probably because there was a recap episode in the middle of the series.
Old 2011-08-27, 03:24   Link #1834
YuriEcchiGirl

I love this wonderful anime so much, I do so hope it gets a UK DVD release very soon
Old 2012-04-02, 14:51   Link #1835
Mugen no yami

Definitely one of my favorites aha xD I want Sawako to be my wife xDDD
Mugen no yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 19:06   Link #1836
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the final episode of season 1 today with a friend.

Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo