AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-11-10, 12:42   Link #401
R.LocK
My turn

Ahaha, I guess Mappa are quite self-aware what with Azazel's treatment in Cocytus.

The pantheon is a mess, by the way. Really. Zeus and Satan? Lucifer being actually a different demon? Oh well.

Also, Rita's the best.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 13:11   Link #402
Iron Maw
Banned

Actually in some interpretations Lucifer and Satan are considered different entities. Furthermore the god faction being a mix of various gods and divine beings many myths was already implied back in episode one (and even moreso with Bacchus). I don't see it as an Issue myself as it's common in fiction (especially in Japanese ones) do such. You also have to remember that these god and demons are treated as being native to this world and it's history. So while their legends and persons are borrowed to an extent they're ultimate different people in context of he lore.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-11-10 at 15:03.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 13:17   Link #403
R.LocK
My turn

I do consider this differentiation strange because of Lucifer being the first to Fall, but whatever. It's not that critical to me.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 13:25   Link #404
ookamigirl

Everyone got caught.
Amira sure has interesting powers.
Favaro showed off his tail ROFL
He's not gonna get out of that deal so easily.
Helheim is the place where he's gonna end up eventually.
Info about Bahamut was interesting.
The mystery man remains an enigma until next time *sigh*

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 13:27   Link #405
Ray
Garnet

Amira's had it really rough for the past few episodes and I have a feeling things won't be looking up any time soon, either.

Rita's sure got some punch and slappage for a 'lil zombie..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 14:49   Link #406
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Ahaha, I guess Mappa are quite self-aware what with Azazel's treatment in Cocytus.

The pantheon is a mess, by the way. Really. Zeus and Satan? Lucifer being actually a different demon? Oh well.

Also, Rita's the best.
Actually, it's kind of strange because in an earlier episode, Azazel and Cerberus seem to interchange Satan and Lucifer's names like he's the same person and they refer to him as sleeping. It wouldn't surprise me that Lucifer has many forms, a dark humanized devil one, and the huge one we saw in the opening.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 14:54   Link #407
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm pretty sure Cerberus refered to him as "little Satan" as in like a nickmame and not the actual person.
Old 2014-11-10, 16:23   Link #408
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Remember people, Satan is not a name but a titel from the Hebrew language, meaning "adversary" or "accuser". Back then it was also used for humans like accusers in an law court or adversarys in war.
Old 2014-11-10, 16:24   Link #409
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Arrrgh~!!! Dat Ending!!! WHY!?!?

So she's Angelic and Demonic... and creeper is the one helping Amira. And Jeane doesn't look bad at all.
Old 2014-11-10, 16:31   Link #410
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Jeanne in this show is washing away all the horrible memories from the one in Nobunaga the fool. She's majestic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually, it's kind of strange because in an earlier episode, Azazel and Cerberus seem to interchange Satan and Lucifer's names like he's the same person and they refer to him as sleeping. It wouldn't surprise me that Lucifer has many forms, a dark humanized devil one, and the huge one we saw in the opening.
Do you recall in which episode this conversation happened? Satan and Lucifer were always supposed to be different persons, so it's either the translator taking too much liberty or an inconsistency. I'd like to check if the show made a mistake.
Old 2014-11-10, 16:39   Link #411
kuromitsu

This episode was more tense than I'd thought it would be... damn that cliffhanger!!

1) Aww, poor Amira.
1a) dude, Favaro, pull your pants up, you're in public.
(1b) Actually, don't. You can take the rest of your clothes off, too. Kaisar, you as well.)

2) Kaisar: "She's an angel? *o*)" XDDD

3) Kaisar and Favaro duel with cutlery. And they seem to enjoy it...
3a) Rita is the best.

4) Wow, Jeanne is badass. I like her.

5) ohhh, so the guy behind Azazel in the OP is not Lucifer, it's Martinet. Yet another D&D character? And yet on the official site his weapon is not a martinet.
5a) So Martinet, and by proxy, Beelzebub is behind Amira's mission (poor Amira is being deceived).

6) Lavalley is suspicious as hell, and I think by now it's clear that he's in cahoots with Martinet...

7) Oh, the holy knight who defeated Bahamut. Who might it be? Certainly it can't be Amira, after all it's not her standing in the exact same pose on Bahamut's head in the opening... oh wait.

So yes, not a very bombastic, but a pretty awesome episode. But argh, that cliffhanger!

Bad news is, the next episode... is a recap episode? I hope they've found a way to make it fun, but why? O__O) Given that the production is said to be essentially over, it can't be the result of budget or scheduling issues. Also, according to this the show is in fact 12 eps long, but they have 13 episode slots, so basically they planned to have a recap ep halfway along... but why? Is there something next week that they don't want to compete with, or what? Or maybe they were sold 13 ep slots and they thought, well, we only have 12 episodes but we shouldn't get that money be paid in vain? I wonder...

Quote:
No, they weren't talking about them as if they were interchangeable, that was either the translation (that, for some reason, also implied that Satan-chan is dead even though he isn't), or viewers misunderstanding since they didn't have the whole picture. Lucifer is Azazel's boss; Satan is Satan and he's asleep because he's one of the keys. In his absence there's a power struggle to fill the void, Lucifer is trying to become the head of Demonland, while Beelzebub is trying to do the same. Azazel & Cerberos, who belong to Lucifer's camp, were talking about how someone opposing Lucifer must be behind Amira stealing the God Key, and just so - apparently her instigator was Martinet who serves Beelzebub.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 16:42   Link #412
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Do you recall in which episode this conversation happened? Satan and Lucifer were always supposed to be different persons, so it's either the translator taking too much liberty or an inconsistency. I'd like to check if the show made a mistake.
It was in ep3. Near the beginning I think.
Old 2014-11-10, 16:43   Link #413
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I want to say episode 3. It's the first one that featured them prominently. Azazel was wondering if it was one of their kind that was opposing Lucifer but Ceberus said that Satan was sleeping and the way the sentences were framed you would think that they were the same person. I didnt think anything of it since in my religion they are the same person as in Lucifer was his name before the fall, and he was Satan afterwards.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-11-10 at 17:07.
Old 2014-11-10, 16:44   Link #414
kuromitsu

Quote:
I want to say episode 3. It's the first one that featured them prominently. Azazel was wondering if it was one of their kind that was opposing Lucifer but Ceberus said that Satan was sleeping and the way the sentences were brand you would think that they were the same person.I didnt think anything of it since in my religion they are the same person as in Lucifer was his name before the fall, and he was Satan afterwards.
But that's why they said "Lucifer" and "Satan", to make it clear that they weren't the same person. Even we talked about how the dialogue there only makes sense if Lucifer =/= Satan, and this episode pretty much confirmed that.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 17:12   Link #415
Irenesharda

This was a really great episode with interesting information coming from both sides. We find some more of what Amira really is, we see some progression with Favaro and Kaisar's relationship. We find that there is definitely someone, it looked like the new guy, Martinet, who is somehow tricking Amira into freeing Bahamut.
I'm almost sure that Lavalley is Amira's father. However, is the guy some sort of hidden demon? If so, how can he use holy magic? And it might be a good thing that he moved her since Azazel is coming for her.
Also, is Amira going to be the holy knight to stop Bahamut instead of Jeanne?

It was quite sad to see Amira realize how self-serving Favaro really is. I wonder how that bridge is going to be healed? Also, will Kaisar find out the truth anytime soon? Will Favaro face the demon that killed his father? Will Favaro find a purpose beyond his own selfish whims?
Well, it looks like we won't know until two weeks from now, since next week is a recap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But that's why they said "Lucifer" and "Satan", to make it clear that they weren't the same person. Even we talked about how the dialogue there only makes sense if Lucifer =/= Satan, and this episode pretty much confirmed that.
His names are interchanged often, so it wasn't clear to me. I just assumed they were talking about the same person, but that the regular demons like Ceberus just call him Satan, but the fallen angels would all him by his angelic name, which was Lucifer. But it's okay if in this amalgam of characters that they made it be two separate characters, it's just not something that I would think of on my own. They would have had to somehow distinctly told me.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-11-10, 17:53   Link #416
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I forgot to add it in but to think that Favaro made a girl cry so openly and Kaiser didn't do ANYthing.... like, whoa.

Still the sight of Amira crying like that was so... T^T.. Hnnnnngg~

And I like it but at the same time, it's frustrating that they keep adding more bits and pieces to the flashbacks.

As for ships, I propose Spain Dandy and Jeane, and Amira and Bomberhead.
Old 2014-11-10, 19:59   Link #417
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
7) Oh, the holy knight who defeated Bahamut. Who might it be? Certainly it can't be Amira, after all it's not her standing in the exact same pose on Bahamut's head in the opening... oh wait.
Oh.. OH. How did I not notice that, pfft? I guess we might have to say bye bye to Amira at the end unless the Gods pull some crazy shit. At this point, I doubt Amira's mother is even aline.

Quote:
Bad news is, the next episode... is a recap episode? I hope they've found a way to make it fun, but why? O__O) Given that the production is said to be essentially over, it can't be the result of budget or scheduling issues. Also, according to this the show is in fact 12 eps long, but they have 13 episode slots, so basically they planned to have a recap ep halfway along... but why? Is there something next week that they don't want to compete with, or what? Or maybe they were sold 13 ep slots and they thought, well, we only have 12 episodes but we shouldn't get that money be paid in vain? I wonder...
Ugh, man. Has a recap episode ever been done well? Because I really can't remember one that was :/
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 20:31   Link #418
Tenzen12

I wish Jean go for Favaro too, that way he can unite all three realms.
Old 2014-11-10, 22:45   Link #419
windseer
vocaholic

So Amira is an angel and a demon. It's so obvious one of her parents is an angel and the other is a demon
windseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 23:03   Link #420
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Not sure if Daddy was/is a demon. Her 'master' was demon Martinet so he might have 'added' something to Amira to change her into a part demon.

So the Keys are the souls of Zeus and Satan-chan (boy, typing that out felt weird...). Interesting.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy