AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-04, 06:41   Link #241
SatanicZero

is that really minoru???

he's really daring....
Old 2007-08-04, 11:28   Link #242
shiro83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicZero View Post
is that really minoru???

he's really daring....
Now he is all out to prove why he is the number one in the character vote...
Old 2007-08-06, 19:58   Link #243
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I guess Shiraishi wants to be in a Visual Kei band...
Old 2007-08-06, 22:04   Link #244
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Visual kei...... never have I found something to look so good and sound soooooo syrupy blah bad
Mostly my bad but with those sorts of garb I was expecting ambient/trance/goth/electronica/something ... not bambi-sugar-pop.
Pardon the derail... carry on.
Old 2007-08-06, 22:28   Link #245
SatanicZero

Visual kei ain't really me kind of bands...

but i can't help imagine Shiraishi with X-Japan looks...
Old 2007-08-06, 23:10   Link #246
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicZero View Post
Visual kei ain't really me kind of bands...

but i can't help imagine Shiraishi with X-Japan looks...
I think he really wants to be in this band:

Old 2007-08-10, 15:07   Link #247
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is pure celebrity rumor, but it has inflamed 2channel to the extent of 1000 posts in less than 12 hours, so I thought I'd pass it on.

There are rumors of a relationship between Hirano Aya and 32-year-old seiyuu Taniyama Kishou. Kiiyan is just about the freakiest-looking seiyuu of all, the singer of a hard-rock band called GranRodeo, and known as a conqueror of ladies. His friends say he has never failed with a woman he went after. He rose to prominence as the lead in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, was Ken-chan in Lamune, Takeya in DearS, Tsukimori in Corda D'Oro, and Kittan in Gurren Laggan. He has also done a lot of boys'-love CDs. Here are some of his band's numbers on YouTube.

It was the two photos below left, from Aaya's blog, that started the rumor. She, along with other female seiyuu, attended the band's concert in Yokohama last weekend. Kiiyan (Kishou's nickname) is in the middle. The guy in white is his musical partner, Iizuka Masaaki. Right is another interesting shot of him from Aaya's blog a couple of months ago, at an after-after party for Busou Renkin:

Then there was a blog post from someone who claimed to have seen them together in Shinjuku, holding hands and "flirting." All this doesn't add up to much, in my opinion, but it's possible, I suppose. Kiiyan is apparently a bit of an unstoppable force. I saw him totally dominate a cast interview with the cast of Lamune (including Gotuuza-sama). But people say he seems like a nice guy, beneath the wildness.

The day after the concert, Aya wore a GranRodeo tatoo and tank top and called herself a "Rodeo Girl." Aya fans on 2channel are weeping, and anti-Aya elements are posting salacious ascii art and insults to make them weep more. People are thinking back to when Aaya started to become a rocker and trying to date the relationship to then, etc.

It's probably just a wild rumor with no basis in fact. Aaya may even be posting those photos as a way of making herself look more like a rocker than she really is. I think he is likely just a fun senpai who gives her advice about voice-acting and the business and likes the same kind of music. My opinion if it's true? They should do what they like. It makes some sense since they are both, in their own ways, supremely attractive. It could be fun for both of them, as long as it didn't interfere with any careers. It wouldn't affect my opinion of anyone, anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-10, 15:59   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just another example of how no matter how satirical Megatokyo is about otaku... they always seem to be even more disconnected in real life about the objects of their worship.

Aye..... the only anxiety I have about idols and VAs getting coupled up is that the japanese still retain a nasty tendency for the wife to "retire to being a homemaker" and we'd lose that talent on the scene.

Heh, Masaaki has a whiff of Lov*Com's 'Umeboshi' or whatever he's called in the series.
Old 2007-08-10, 16:23   Link #249
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Ah, I always wondered who did the voice work for Takayuki in KgNE. And, yeah, maybe I've been watching too much LoveCom... but slap a knit cap on Iizuka and he'd make a passable Umibouzu.
Old 2007-08-10, 16:25   Link #250
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Then there was a blog post from someone who claimed to have seen them together in Shinjuku, holding hands and "flirting." All this doesn't add up to much, in my opinion, but it's possible, I suppose. Kiiyan is apparently a bit of an unstoppable force. I saw him totally dominate a cast interview with the cast of Lamune (including Gotuuza-sama). But people say he seems like a nice guy, beneath the wildness.

The day after the concert, Aya wore a GranRodeo tatoo and tank top and called herself a "Rodeo Girl." Aya fans on 2channel are weeping, and anti-Aya elements are posting salacious ascii art and insults to make them weep more. People are thinking back to when Aaya started to become a rocker and trying to date the relationship to then, etc.
I'm sorry but, I laff at the fanatics.

Quote:
It's probably just a wild rumor with no basis in fact. Aaya may even be posting those photos as a way of making herself look more like a rocker than she really is. I think he is likely just a fun senpai who gives her advice about voice-acting and the business and likes the same kind of music. My opinion if it's true? They should do what they like. It makes some sense since they are both, in their own ways, supremely attractive. It could be fun for both of them, as long as it didn't interfere with any careers. It wouldn't affect my opinion of anyone, anyway.
Throwing more gasoline into the fire -- maybe the two are trying to continue their sordid love since Kiddy Grade!*

*Okay that was obviously baseless, but I did notice that Kiiyan played a role in Kiddy Grade. So I tried to put two and two together, even though it's way off... or is it?
Old 2007-08-10, 21:53   Link #251
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
I did notice that Kiiyan played a role in Kiddy Grade. So I tried to put two and two together, even though it's way off... or is it?
Since she was 14 at the time and he'd have been in his late twenties I bloody well hope not
Old 2007-08-11, 08:53   Link #252
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
This is pure celebrity rumor, but it has inflamed 2channel to the extent of 1000 posts in less than 12 hours, so I thought I'd pass it on.
Thanks for your reportage, it's really helpful for curius people who can't get those rumors directly from the source

Assuming they are dating for real, of course they should do what they feel like... but I sympathize with the Aya fans on 2chan, being insulted because your impossible dream has been shattered it's not funny
Old 2007-08-11, 13:13   Link #253
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
...I sympathize with the Aya fans on 2chan, being insulted because your impossible dream has been shattered it's not funny....
Good point. But I wouldn't worry overly. 2channel exploded in the same way a few months ago over a nonexistent relationship between Aya and Sugita Tomokazu. I think it's most likely just a little publicity effort that got a bigger reaction than expected. Aya, Itou Shizuka and Shiraishi Ryouko were all at the concert to give GranRodeo a bit of publicity and to get a bit themselves by association. The whole rumor got started because Aya published photos of herself with Kiiyan after the show.

I think they have probably been friendly since Kiddy Grade, with her as the young newcomer and him as the experienced senpai who can give her advice about the voice-acting world and likes the same kind of music. I doubt the relationship has morphed into anything romantic. She possibly just feels safe enough with him to enjoy being close to a real rocker, and nothing more.

That, of course, has not stopped 2channel from rocketing through the threads: now on thread 90. When you realize that Noto Mamiko only has 81 (i.e., 81,000 posts), you can see how popular Aya has become -- at least as a topic of conversation -- in the past year. But these numbers are far from the highest: Asano Masumi has 97, fan favorite Ochiai Yurika has 111, Mizuki Nana has 174, Horie Yui has 266, Tamura Yukari 338, etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-12, 16:36   Link #254
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa) has reported in her blog on yesterday's open recording session of Lucky Channel radio show, at which she and Katou Emiri (Kagami) were special guests.

I enjoyed the piece, and have done a complete translation, including all her pictures and emoticons.
Old 2007-08-12, 16:44   Link #255
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa) has reported in her blog on yesterday's open recording session of Lucky Channel radio show, at which she and Katou Emiri (Konata) were special guests.
I really can't imagine Kagamin's voice coming out of Kona. XD
Old 2007-08-12, 16:45   Link #256
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I really can't imagine Kagamin's voice coming out of Kona. XD
Sheesh, you're quick. I just corrected that as you were posting. Lol.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:20   Link #257
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think we have to give KyoAni (Yamakan?) credit for coming up with lesser-known seiyuu who really do a great job. Do we still think that if they had kept the original drama CD cast, this show would have been much better? Here's eggplant's list of main characters from the third page of the General thread, with the drama CD cast in parentheses:

Izumi Konata: Hirano Aya (Hirohashi Ryou)
Hiiragi Tsukasa: Fukuhara Kaori (Nakahara Mai)
Hiiragi Kagami: Katou Emiri (Koshimizu Ami)
Kobayakawa Yutaka: Hasegawa Shizuka (Shimizu Ai)
Takara Miyuki: Endou Aya (Nakayama Erina)
Kuroi Nanako: Maeda Konomi (Asano Masumi)
Narumi Yui: Nishihara Saori (Saitou Chiwa)
Iwasaki Minami: Chihara Minori (Matsuki Miyu)
Patricia Martin: Sasaki Nozomi (Yukino Satsuki)

They didn't just find good new people here, but in Haruhi as well. They gave Hirano Aya a chance to attain stardom; they gave Gotou Yuuko an opening to work as much in mainstream anime as she had before in ero-games. Now they have given Fukuhara Kaori and Katou Emiri a new prominence, and the seiyuus for the first years, as well. Shimizu Kaori (Hiyori) is the only well-known seiyuu among them.

Looking through the list, Yukino Satsuki is the only one in the old cast who might have been more satisfactory, imo (much as I love Sasaki Nozomi on the one hand, and Asano Masumi, Saitou Chiwa and Matsuki Miyu on the other). I'm not saying the new people are as good seiyuu as the established stars, just that they make this show work as well as they would have.
Old 2007-08-19, 20:15   Link #258
aorta

Quote:
Looking through the list, Yukino Satsuki is the only one in the old cast who might have been more satisfactory, imo (much as I love Sasaki Nozomi on the one hand, and Asano Masumi, Saitou Chiwa and Matsuki Miyu on the other). I'm not saying the new people are as good seiyuu as the established stars, just that they make this show work as well as they would have.
I agree. She's quite good on the drama cd.
Old 2007-08-23, 00:20   Link #259
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think I may have mentioned that Hirano Aya is also doing voiceovers for an NHK educational show called "Kaitai Shin Show." It is a sort of medical show about various aspects of the human body, with also a bit of a game-show element. Some clips have turned up on YouTube that give us another style of Hirano-voice altogether. That old-fashioned voiceover you hear is Hirano. Not that it's so hard to tell.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-23 at 01:00.
Old 2007-08-28, 01:48   Link #260
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I think this is pretty interesting, the person I think did the best job overall in this series, Aya Endo will be getting a role in Gundam 00 as someone named Kinue Crossroad, and it looks to be a relatively big one. If her career isn't on the upswing already, it's sure to explode in the fall. It's nice to see somebody you've gained some respect for land the career building roles in shows you plan to watch.
Closed Thread