AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-24, 13:03   Link #381
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Honestly, I'm having a hard time seeing how they are going to get a respectable ending out of one more episode. Yes they can wrap up the current arc, but I suppose part of this is because the novels go so much farther, but I have a feeling that's it not going to be quite satisfying.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 14:24   Link #382
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I have a feeling that's it not going to be quite satisfying.
What would qualify as a satisfying end for you?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 18:01   Link #383
achirist

I was surprised as well at there being only one episode left; but then again, this show has never been deep, intellectually or emotionally engaging, so I imagine it won't be difficult to wrap things up in only a few minutes while staying in the same light tone of the rest of the series.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 15:36   Link #384
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
What would qualify as a satisfying end for you?
Um, I don't know really, but more like it was the end of all of their adventures, not just this one. I have an odd taste in ending actually....
Old 2008-12-25, 16:07   Link #385
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
but more like it was the end of all of their adventures, not just this one.
I don't see the point with that when there's more source material, meaning hopefully more anime adaptations in the future.
Old 2008-12-25, 21:19   Link #386
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I will say one thing, though. That was a hell of a scream from the Banshee at the end of the episode. Seiyuu in anime can sometimes be a bit tepid or forced when they scream (Kugimiya Rie couldn't scream to save her life), but this felt genuine and you could really notice that sense of panic.
I don't know if you watch Code Geass R2 but that same VA for the banshee is the same VA as Nunnally. The scream from Nunnally in the last episode of CG R2 is heartbreaking (made me cry 5 times) and I am very happy to say she has done so in this anime as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see the point with that when there's more source material, meaning hopefully more anime adaptations in the future.
I am sure this is not the last we'll see of this show either. One, they either make OVA's or two, they make a second season. There's just too much to cover to only make one season. Let's hope so.

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 13:16   Link #387
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that I wanted this to be the end of all the anime, it's that I know that there is more source material so just ending the story here is going to feel awkward. And hopefully there is enough of a fanbase for them to make a second season, I'll be interested to know how will the DVDs sell (or are selling, don't know if they are yet).
Old 2008-12-29, 09:58   Link #388
LKK

Quote:
I'll be interested to know how will the DVDs sell (or are selling, don't know if they are yet).
The first DVD released Dec 26. The second is scheduled for Jan 30. The third is set for Feb 27. I have no idea where or how to find the DVD sales numbers. But I would like to know as well. (Still no sign of the OST though. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-01-03, 10:47   Link #389
Linnzy

So um...does anyone know when the last episode will get up?
Linnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 01:11   Link #390
rose-wisteria

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
According to the fansub website, Sunday or Monday.

Old 2009-01-04, 10:35   Link #391
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Last episode has just been released. Shall be watching it myself pretty soon.
Old 2009-01-04, 10:39   Link #392
LKK

They also released episodes 1 and 2 again using the DVD video. I'm hoping the visual quality will be better using the DVD rips.

Old 2009-01-04, 10:41   Link #393
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
They also released episodes 1 and 2 again using the DVD video. I'm hoping the visual quality will be better using the DVD rips.
DVD quality is always clearer, so that's a given. I didn't see any parts that would need re-doing in the animation department, so there shouldn't be much new.
Old 2009-01-04, 11:16   Link #394
LKK

I don't expect to see any new or different parts either. But I'm hoping that the DVDs will have more color saturation. My biggest complaint about the series visually-speaking has been that the colors have seemed washed out. I don't want neon colors or clothes that look like they were colored with crayons. But I would like to see a deeper and wider color saturation. For all of my HtY icons and sigs here and elsewhere, I had to increase the color saturation in order to reach a level that I thought was pleasing to look at.

Old 2009-01-04, 11:43   Link #395
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I don't expect to see any new or different parts either. But I'm hoping that the DVDs will have more color saturation. My biggest complaint about the series visually-speaking has been that the colors have seemed washed out. I don't want neon colors or clothes that look like they were colored with crayons. But I would like to see a deeper and wider color saturation. For all of my HtY icons and sigs here and elsewhere, I had to increase the color saturation in order to reach a level that I thought was pleasing to look at.
No wonder i found the colors in your avatars/sigs a bit different.

It is something i'd like to see sorted out in the DVD's, though it didn't really bother me like it has done with you. Here's hoping anyway.
Old 2009-01-04, 12:37   Link #396
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No wonder i found the colors in your avatars/sigs a bit different.
Yep, that's the reason.

For comparison, here's the raw screen capture I used that became the basis for my HtY signature.

I upped the color saturation because I felt the picture should have been more vibrant.

Last edited by LKK; 2009-01-04 at 12:38. Reason: corrected image code
Old 2009-01-04, 12:47   Link #397
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i can see the difference.

Last episode was decent enough. Not surprised that the show ends when a few things start to appear (like the mention of the Prince). I'm fine with that though, because i hope we'll see another series in the future. If not, then i'll have to start with the novels at some point.

Highlights had to be the very adorable last scene between Lydia and Edgar, and Nico sat on Raven's lap. I'd understand if anyone wants to fangirl over that scene.

Shame about
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2009-01-04, 14:49   Link #398
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnzy View Post
So um...does anyone know when the last episode will get up?
Just a reminder...2.3 Do not ask when episodes will be released. Thankfully the subbers do post about it but again we all need to patient, though I do know the last epi has been subbed by now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 23:09   Link #399
rose-wisteria

I like the last episode. It was good enough and of course, totally foreshadows a second season. XD Nico+Raven forever. ^^;;;; I love the last scene too. I'm sad about the Banshee and Paul too. =/ I wonder what Kelpie will do next. :P >loves him<

Old 2009-01-05, 02:55   Link #400
Ash Falls Town

Well this is probably the most consistently average anime I've watched. There isn't really anything good or bad about it. The ending reflected that. I guess they should get props for consistency.

It was kind of annoying how they spent so much time pushing Kelpie x Ermine at the end. They could of spent the time on making Banshee's scene more emotionally satisfying. It was sad but it felt like the show was trying to down play the sadness so the ending would feel more like a normal happy ending instead of the bittersweet one it was.

Tags
fantasy, shoujo