AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-25, 01:16   Link #41
Rotweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
Ok..I was wrong on the forcing to be on his right hand. Must admit that. How come you didn't comment on forcing Seiji to say I love you Midori?
Because she wasn't forcing him. She asks him if he can say it. When he can't, she didn't press further and let it go.

Quote:
Ok.. you got me there on the love and jealousy. So it's ok for Midori to be in love and jealous but for Ayase it's not ok to be shy and in love.
No. You missed my point. What I was trying to say is that Ayase is not that different from Midori.

Quote:
Sure tell the guy you like him. After you got STUCK on his HAND.
She could have chosen to remain shy even when she got stuck to his hand and she didn't and I wonder why.

Quote:
Not like there is anything he or you could do at first. That is really straight forward.
Like pretending to offer a movie ticket that someone is not using when the fact is you just want a date? I'd prefer someone who's shy but at least honest.

Quote:
She have self control even though it was her chance to kiss Seiji.
That wasn't a self-control. That was her pride or her desire to have her first kiss in a perfect manner.

Quote:
Oh yeah, Seiji was looking at Midori as he walk by and look at Midori..just put her head down and let him walk away. Sitting at the same train station and didn't even try to get to know dude. Damn she is making the best out of some of those situation. Face it, ppl don't make the best out of everything. Rememeber umm what was that... "life will never be perfect." So don't expect ppl to make the best out of everything.
Exactly. Neither Ayase or Midori made the best of life situation. So I don't understand how you and the others originally started by saying that Ayase is better than Midori.
Old 2004-06-25, 01:33   Link #42
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Ayase can at least try to make some efforts to make advances towards Seiji, and it's definitely Seiji's fault to not noticing them, I mean he's as dumb as a rock when it comes to romantic situations. I mean if a girl made this kind of advances towards me I'd sure notice it right from the start. And Ayase is perfectly fine in her shyness (actually she's not quite shy, she's quite straightforward already), she's the normal type of girl, human Midori is the very shy type of girl.

And I think Asian boys/girls don't just say things like "hey do you want to go out with me after class?" etc. etc. I guess you could say we prefer more romantic and subtle ways of handling this sort of things... I'd back down and run away for sure if a girl suddenly come up and say something like "how about we have dinner together and I go to your house tonight?"

Ayase is better than right hand Midori in that she don't wear shirts saying I LOVE SEIJI, and don't try to force Seiji wear similar things, and that scarf she made don't have a big I LOVE U or some idiotic things like that on it.

About Ayase's fantasies... well, when it comes to imagination, Midori and Seiji aren't any better than her...
Old 2004-06-26, 20:38   Link #43
CowMix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoHead
NOOOOOOOoooooOOO what happens? Ahhh, I need episode 13!

Spoiler:

after this series- what else you guys moving on to?
What are you crazy? Midori is a stupid #$%@&, Aysae is way better.

of course i also wanted tina to be picked in Ai Yori Aoshi. :/

I'm still looking for a romantic comedy anime where the love interest i agree with so far I only have one, Love Hina.

Last edited by CowMix; 2004-06-26 at 20:50.
Old 2004-06-26, 20:46   Link #44
CowMix

*ooooooooooooooooops*
Old 2004-06-27, 07:13   Link #45
Itlandm
Porcupine

I wouldn't say Midori forced herself onto Seiji ... it was more like divine intervention. She wanted desperately to be close to him, and Seiji wanted desperately a girlfriend, ANYONE, and the gods/fate saw that that this was the way to bring it about ... as long as he had the Devil's Right Hand the girls would consider him a delinquent, and as long as she was in her body Midori would not be able to confess to him. So it was really a match made in heaven.

That's not to say it isn't freakish. Or that Midor's soul isn't more like a hyper little sister than the girlfriend he dreams of. But it just goes to show, be careful what you wish for - you just might get it!

At least it wasn't that crazy little neighbor girl who got attached to him...
Old 2004-06-27, 13:40   Link #46
CowMix

the way the show is set-up, if Seji picks Midori it would be like picking his own sister, eeeeeewwwww. Damn japanese and there incest anime.
Old 2004-06-28, 05:01   Link #47
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
lol @ this thread.

And the funny part is
Spoiler:

either way, lol i didnt realize this thread blew up like this. 45 replies wow, I think i'm proud even though I had like 4 posts to do with it. Meh, feels nice the be the author of a big thread like this!

<---that about sums up pages 1- now.
Old 2004-06-28, 05:36   Link #48
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

No. It just means that Seiji is was and always will be a fool. I believe that my thoughts when this happened in the manga pretty much sum up everything. If you want them then read the manga thread.

On a side note, and I know I've said it before in the anime discussion thread (actually, I believe that was back around episode 9), but no one ever seems to read that since there are already 3 threads dedicated to the last episode when all anyone had to do was look in the anime discussion thread to see that we were already talking about it, but the anime didn't spend nearly enough time on Ayase + Seiji for them to ever get away with making her the girl he chooses. She gets what, 2 episodes? Three? Anyone would easily say "Midori will win because she's been given more airtime and because she's the first one introduced" (actually, the first one introduced holds far more weight... I'm still waiting for that jinx to lift). People saying "I hope Ayase wins" just means that think she's better for him, not that they actually think he'll fall for her.
Old 2004-06-28, 18:48   Link #49
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
blah blah blah excuses snoop. its ok.

by the way, as far as the manga

does it just coninue where the show left off? cuz if it i'd pick it up and see wut else is going on

somone explain wut the manga went through and where its at without spoiling much. I've completed the anime so that's what I know
Old 2004-06-28, 19:07   Link #50
CowMix

im pretty sure the last chapter in the manga released was Ayase's confession. I may be wrong though.
Old 2004-06-29, 01:39   Link #51
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Naw, that was the second to last. The response was released last week, and the chapter after the response is to be released today.
Closed Thread