AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-04, 00:17   Link #941
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I got a question. Do I miss anything if I didn't watch Blood+? I only watched that old movie from years ago.
I don't think so. We've only seen flashbacks of scenes from Blood the Last Vampire. I can't remember if there's an official interview with the director/writers/etc. about it, but so far, I haven't seen anything from Blood+ in this.
Old 2011-09-04, 00:42   Link #942
kirayume

Send a message via Yahoo to kirayume
still didn't find a clue about this series....

i'm not so sure that is related to another blood series...perhaps next episode we will find an answer then...
kirayume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 02:04   Link #943
patnam

i bet all the tragedy are being set up by her father... and that is all 'PART OF THE PLAN'...!!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 02:12   Link #944
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
i bet all the tragedy are being set up by her father... and that is all 'PART OF THE EXPERIMENT'...!!
Hey, I fixed that for ya!
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 02:46   Link #945
Pacify

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Protecting people has a whole new meaning... by having a monster slay lots of bystander and get the revenge by killing it at the end
Its been like that the entire series, all she seems to do is stand around while everyone gets eaten/killed >_>
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 04:32   Link #946
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myogen View Post
I have seen both of the previous Blood animes and was a fan of Blood+. Blood C to me so far is meh, but i'll wait to the final to pass judgment on it. Anyway I came up with this theory that Blood C is actually the continuation of Blood+ and Blood TLV.

So anyway here's my theory:

I believe that Saya after the events of Blood+ Found out that Nathan was still alive and went to meet him. This resulted in Nathan playing a game with Saya for an unknown reason and fabricating this world as the stage for this game [whether the whole world is an illusion or just some of the character in it IDK]. Furthermore Saya's father in this world is actually Nathan pretending to be her father.

Now your probably saying i'm insane and this can't possibly be what's going on, but I believe there are a-lot of hints at this world being a fabricated one. The whole talking dog, Elder Brains instead of chiropteran, etc.... Than there is the flashback where Saya is actually fighting the chiropteran in vietnam something that fits the continuity of Blood+ and Blood TLV, but does not make sense with this current world, I.E. the flashback in vietnam seems gritty and realistic while this world seems light and fantasy like [aside from the monster killings of course].

Now why is Nathan Saya's dad in Blood C. The Dog says there are enemies around Saya, ones she wouldn't expect and all the elder brains keeping telling her to ask her dad about all this strange shit that's happening. Oh yeah and there's the fact that Saya's Dad in Blood C has the same voice actor as Nathan from Blood+.

So this brings me to what's Nathan's objective and for that I have an even farther out their theory. I think the game Nathan is trying to play is to show that Saya another perspective. I believe all the Elder Brians are actually Humans and all the Humans are actually chiropteran. Nathan has just made Saya loose her memory and caused the humans to look like monsters and the chiropteran to look like people [which is why we haven't seen chiropteran yet in the series except in flashbacks]. Than he posing as her father is getting her to hunt humans and the game is to see if she can figure out which side she has really promised to protect, which is why the Dog keeps asking that question.

So why would Blood C's main villain be Nathan, well these type of games or drama's are right up his ally and he's the only character in the blood series that remains a mystery and needs to be explored.

Yes I know this is a way out there theory, but when you ask yourself

1. Why does the Dog and the Elder Brian hint at the Father being the Villain?
2. Why does the Father have the same voice actor as Nathan from blood+?
3. Why have no chiropteran appeared other than flashbacks?
4. Why are all the "humans" so emotionless and creepy?
5. Why does the Dog keep talking about who Saya actually promised to protect?
6. Why was the Music in the lastest episode when Saya starts to remember the same music as in Blood+
7. How fitting is this type of game and/or drama to Nathan's character?
8. Why did the latest Elder Brain have a human face, in-fact why are the Elder Brain getting more human like as Saya begins to remember more? And in reverse why do the humans keeping getting more emotionless and sinister?
9.Why Does Saya in the shower scene with her hair pulled back look so much like Saya from Blood+
10. Why is there so much stress of the jellton that guy's feeding her: Human Flesh perhaps?
11. Why did Saya want to drink the blood of the Elder Brain? Again Human's blood?
It's an alternate reality, not everything is going to turn out the same. Nathan in Blood+ was believed to be Saya's mothers' chevalier. He was her mother's former "man/companion." He was believed to be Saya's father.

Given the voice actor and Blood+, we can assume Tadayoshi is Saya's real father in Blood C and that he's a real vampire, too. He may not be the bad guy in this one, he may just be her father and that's it.

My guess is that Saya is a halfling. Her father probablyfell for a human woman. Saya was born. She goes feral but she is drawn back to her dying mother where she promises not to hurt humans ever. She then makes a pact with the "dog."
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 06:24   Link #947
KRegnard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myogen View Post
I have seen both of the previous Blood animes and was a fan of Blood+. Blood C to me so far is meh, but i'll wait to the final to pass judgment on it. Anyway I came up with this theory that Blood C is actually the continuation of Blood+ and Blood TLV.

So anyway here's my theory:

I believe that Saya after the events of Blood+ Found out that Nathan was still alive and went to meet him. This resulted in Nathan playing a game with Saya for an unknown reason and fabricating this world as the stage for this game [whether the whole world is an illusion or just some of the character in it IDK]. Furthermore Saya's father in this world is actually Nathan pretending to be her father.

Now your probably saying i'm insane and this can't possibly be what's going on, but I believe there are a-lot of hints at this world being a fabricated one. The whole talking dog, Elder Brains instead of chiropteran, etc.... Than there is the flashback where Saya is actually fighting the chiropteran in vietnam something that fits the continuity of Blood+ and Blood TLV, but does not make sense with this current world, I.E. the flashback in vietnam seems gritty and realistic while this world seems light and fantasy like [aside from the monster killings of course].

Now why is Nathan Saya's dad in Blood C. The Dog says there are enemies around Saya, ones she wouldn't expect and all the elder brains keeping telling her to ask her dad about all this strange shit that's happening. Oh yeah and there's the fact that Saya's Dad in Blood C has the same voice actor as Nathan from Blood+.

So this brings me to what's Nathan's objective and for that I have an even farther out their theory. I think the game Nathan is trying to play is to show that Saya another perspective. I believe all the Elder Brians are actually Humans and all the Humans are actually chiropteran. Nathan has just made Saya loose her memory and caused the humans to look like monsters and the chiropteran to look like people [which is why we haven't seen chiropteran yet in the series except in flashbacks]. Than he posing as her father is getting her to hunt humans and the game is to see if she can figure out which side she has really promised to protect, which is why the Dog keeps asking that question.

So why would Blood C's main villain be Nathan, well these type of games or drama's are right up his ally and he's the only character in the blood series that remains a mystery and needs to be explored.

Yes I know this is a way out there theory, but when you ask yourself

1. Why does the Dog and the Elder Brian hint at the Father being the Villain?
2. Why does the Father have the same voice actor as Nathan from blood+?
3. Why have no chiropteran appeared other than flashbacks?
4. Why are all the "humans" so emotionless and creepy?
5. Why does the Dog keep talking about who Saya actually promised to protect?
6. Why was the Music in the lastest episode when Saya starts to remember the same music as in Blood+
7. How fitting is this type of game and/or drama to Nathan's character?
8. Why did the latest Elder Brain have a human face, in-fact why are the Elder Brain getting more human like as Saya begins to remember more? And in reverse why do the humans keeping getting more emotionless and sinister?
9.Why Does Saya in the shower scene with her hair pulled back look so much like Saya from Blood+
10. Why is there so much stress of the jellton that guy's feeding her: Human Flesh perhaps?
11. Why did Saya want to drink the blood of the Elder Brain? Again Human's blood?
No it isn't. Blood-C is not a continuation of the original series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ichi-fujisaku/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...chi-fujisaku/2
KRegnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 07:16   Link #948
kirayume

Send a message via Yahoo to kirayume
then blood-c is original series isn't it?

'cause blood+ also different from blood TLV
kirayume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 08:12   Link #949
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirayume View Post
then blood-c is original series isn't it?
Yep, it's 100% original.
Old 2011-09-04, 10:15   Link #950
klare

now i dont get what Saya wants anymore, it happened many times, even before this eps that Saya is too slow to react and resulted more people dying (including her twin friend)

in eps 8, Saya could have attacked first to prevent that aged one to get near her classmates... i hope her actions will be explained later

btw the fanservice was not expected, the censoring is
Old 2011-09-04, 10:38   Link #951
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
now i dont get what Saya wants anymore, it happened many times, even before this eps that Saya is too slow to react and resulted more people dying (including her twin friend)

in eps 8, Saya could have attacked first to prevent that aged one to get near her classmates... i hope her actions will be explained later

btw the fanservice was not expected, the censoring is
Maybe she's in reality protecting the Elder Bairns. Her delay is so that they rethink what they are about to do before her "program" kicks in and she kills them.
Old 2011-09-04, 11:08   Link #952
Key Board
Carbon

I believe her father is an elder being (so is Saya)

which is why it seems hilarious to six arm guys when that person of everyone else told her to kill other elder beings

The covenant elder beings have is probably a non aggression pact saying that "we will not kill each other over food". But when it is clear that Saya didn't follow this, they took action.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2011-09-04 at 11:22.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 16:14   Link #953
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

interview with the director

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ichi-fujisaku/
Old 2011-09-04, 19:13   Link #954
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Inattentive

I didn't perceive this episode's furukimono neither frightening nor with a vicious, brutal nature in comparison to the previous ones, and that's likely because it had both a humanoid form and a human face.

But, the mystery within Schrödinger's box is about to be open. The world that Saya knows and the world that the Furukimono know were able to coexist at the same time, but that's until the covenant was broken.

The truth approaches, and Saya may get crushed once learning it.

Aside from the teacher delivering those gloomy but cryptic hints about her knowledge of the Furukimono, we have the mystery puppy letting know Saya that someone came to him to ask for a wish granted.

And it all pinpoints to something, that someone forgot about everything and was house trained to believe what had to be believed.
Spoiler:

Probably, the most hideous sight for this episode happens towards the end when soaked in her slained enemie's blood, Saya starts to act feral upon seeing her reflection in blood just as Tokizane comes to sight from the hideous aftermath.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 19:56   Link #955
hanashi

Watainu could have been trolling but he hinted pretty heavily that it wasn't Saya's wish that he was fulfilling.
Old 2011-09-04, 23:49   Link #956
Xagzan

^ And with her hair up, like in the bath
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 01:19   Link #957
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
You know, I'm surprised I didn't think of this before (an idea that just came to me)...

What's a Covenant? I mean, generally speaking?

Why, it's a promise. One considered of particularly great importance, frequently a solemn promise (or agreement).

What would you call a promise of protection? Well, in a very formalized and/or ritualistic context, it could be considered a Covenant...

When the Elder Bairns tell Saya to "Remember the Covenant" are they telling her to remember the promise she made to protect them?

Wild speculation time: Saya is a prominent leadership figure amongst the Elder Bairns, and is at least half-Elder Bairn herself. She was captured/kidnapped by a shady human organization that is bent on wiping out Elder Bairns.

To the Elder Bairns, the town that Saya is in is comparable to a compound that a close relative is being held at by hostage-takers, and all the people in it are considered obstacles to her rescue.

The Elder Bairns are attacking this town in order to get their leader back. Or, for those Elder Bairns that consider Saya beyond the point of no return, they want to destroy her in her corrupted state. I can even imagine Elder Bairns debating this amongst themselves.

The challenge between Fumito and Saya is as follows: "I bet that me mind-altering you, Saya, will make you fail to live up to your promise to the Elder Bairns. I bet that I can turn you completely against them.", to which Saya argues that she will not be turned.

Saya's father is, as others have suspected, an Elder Bairn himself. Perhaps Saya was captured trying to rescue her father after he was captured/kidnapped. Saya's father has agreed to go along with the plans of Fumito et al in order to defend his daughter (Fumito may have threatened to have Saya killed if her father didn't go along with the plans), and also perhaps in return for being supplied with just enough human blood to keep him from dying from hunger/thirst.

Anyway, just some wild speculations there. What do my fellow Blood-C watchers think?
Old 2011-09-05, 08:19   Link #958
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'm enjoying this show as well, and I think the number of episodes is appropriate. I just wish that certain events and elements of the show were arranged/executed a bit differently.
I think the first two episodes were a waste of time because they followed the same scheme of episode 3-4 (half school life and half monster hunting) but there was no sense of urgency in the fights. The "wooden statue" and the "flower" Furukimono were just sitting idly until Saya attacked them. At least the wagon thing in episode 3 actually ate a human! It was also the first one to mention the Covenant, further addressed by the bird-like creature in episode 4. Basically you can start watching the show from episode 3 without losing any important information.
After the false start however, I think the series has recovered and now I am entranced by the mistery of Saya's true nature.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 09:44   Link #959
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You know, I'm surprised I didn't think of this before (an idea that just came to me)...

What's a Covenant? I mean, generally speaking?

Why, it's a promise. One considered of particularly great importance, frequently a solemn promise (or agreement).

What would you call a promise of protection? Well, in a very formalized and/or ritualistic context, it could be considered a Covenant...

When the Elder Bairns tell Saya to "Remember the Covenant" are they telling her to remember the promise she made to protect them?
When you put it this way, that does make tremendous sense. I'm just not sure the Elder Bairns actually need protection from anybody. The ones we've seen so far are more than strong enough to protect themselves.

Furthermore, I'd find it weird if Saya turned out to be the protector of human eating monsters. It goes against everything she was in her previous iterations. However, since this work is unrelated to previous Blood series, I suppose anything's possible. That doesn't explain why she was killing monsters in her flahsbacks as well though.
Old 2011-09-05, 10:05   Link #960
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When you put it this way, that does make tremendous sense. I'm just not sure the Elder Bairns actually need protection from anybody. The ones we've seen so far are more than strong enough to protect themselves.

Furthermore, I'd find it weird if Saya turned out to be the protector of human eating monsters. It goes against everything she was in her previous iterations. However, since this work is unrelated to previous Blood series, I suppose anything's possible. That doesn't explain why she was killing monsters in her flahsbacks as well though.
Humans are pretty inventive when it comes to weaponry so I could see it kind of as an enforcement-type role. It might be her duty to kill the ones that get out of hand and risk their secret. I remember reading somewhere that the 'Elder Bairns' name came from on high so if that's correct, it would imply that their are some lesser beasties. Given canon, probably the chiroptera, which are less controlled and tend to attack without anything resembling stealth, and maybe there are even ranks among the EBs or a third category, because not all of the monsters Saya fought seemed capable of speech. So the covenant could involve her taking out the 'Younger Bairns' and the Elders that break the rules. If we think about it, in the earlier episodes, most of the EBs were just minding their own business when they were killed. They had one or only a few prey, and had taken steps to isolate their prey, when we know from episode 6 and 8, that they could easily get more.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.