AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 06:25   Link #261
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://twitpic.com/8jq866/

The official twitter is teasing the trailer they're preparing for this Thursday. I wonder what horrors await us...

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 08:03   Link #262
Cloudy

Lets hope its not another animu starring Yuki Kaji.
Old 2012-02-14, 08:19   Link #263
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
I feel like you don't like Yuki Kaji. It's my favorite voice actor, I understand his voice since Deadman Wonderland, C3 and High School DxD. Some people who loves Guilty Crown love that voice actor.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 08:34   Link #264
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Come on, we know its gonna come.

Old 2012-02-14, 08:55   Link #265
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I feel like you don't like Yuki Kaji. It's my favorite voice actor, I understand his voice since Deadman Wonderland, C3 and High School DxD. Some people who loves Guilty Crown love that voice actor.
Nah, I just feel that he is over-casted as whiny male lead.
Old 2012-02-14, 09:59   Link #266
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://twitpic.com/8jq866/

The official twitter is teasing the trailer they're preparing for this Thursday. I wonder what horrors await us...

Spoiler:

All the extreme pessimism in this thread cracks me up. Not that I'm optimistic about this show either
Old 2012-02-14, 10:21   Link #267
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's hard to be optimistic when you expect Eureka Seven and you get Infinite Stratos instead.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:11   Link #268
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Nah, I just feel that he is over-casted as whiny male lead.
Basically this and I swear every show I've seen where he plays a main character has suffered from abysmal writing for both his character and in general. Do not want as male lead anymore as a result.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:58   Link #269
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Your mouth to BONES' ear. Please, not that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 18:02   Link #270
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

All the extreme pessimism in this thread cracks me up. Not that I'm optimistic about this show either
I'm not optimistic because nothing makes any fucking sense so far. They're still claiming it's a sequel, right? A direct continuation of the first show?

And yet we have 2025 AD? Okinawa? America and France? There's going to have be a pretty damn good explanation for how any of this is possible one generation after Renton and Eureka's.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 21:08   Link #271
Alchemist007
*Author

Seems many E7 fans do want good explanations for most of anything that has to do with this sequel. Gotta follow up good shit with good shit, 'naw mean? Damn right.
Old 2012-02-14, 21:31   Link #272
djmaca
My Girl ↓

I don't get it: why is everyone expecting it to be bad? We don't even know the plot yet...

*sigh* This is why God sends typhoons and earthquakes....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 21:41   Link #273
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
I don't get it: why is everyone expecting it to be bad? We don't even know the plot yet...
But we know the setting which, IMO, is even more important than the plot. We already know that somehow the sequel is set hundreds, if not over a thousand years, earlier, which means a completely different kind of conflict, and it seems like all the characters from the original show have vanished as well, that's enough to get me worried in any case.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 21:51   Link #274
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
But we know the setting which, IMO, is even more important than the plot. We already know that somehow the sequel is set hundreds, if not over a thousand years, earlier, which means a completely different kind of conflict, and it seems like all the characters from the original show have vanished as well, that's enough to get me worried in any case.
"A thousand years, earlier..."? So this isn't a sequel but a prequel? Or do you mean its was told earlier that it is a sequel set a thousand years after the original?

And so what if it's a new adventure? It can't be all that bad. Think Legend of Zelda, where it was told that the Link in one game is not the same Link as the games before or after it. And would you really expect the old characters to hang around after a thousand years in the story? If much time like that passed and they're still there, that's an obvious plot hole right there.
Old 2012-02-14, 22:52   Link #275
Xagzan

Quote:
"A thousand years, earlier..."? So this isn't a sequel but a prequel? Or do you mean its was told earlier that it is a sequel set a thousand years after the original?

And so what if it's a new adventure? It can't be all that bad. Think Legend of Zelda, where it was told that the Link in one game is not the same Link as the games before or after it. And would you really expect the old characters to hang around after a thousand years in the story? If much time like that passed and they're still there, that's an obvious plot hole right there.
Spoiler:

But if it is somehow a tale hundreds or thousands of years after or before E7, then I'm fine with the completely new setting. I just don't like that it claims to be a direct sequel, if it still does, with what would have to be hundreds of years of change crammed into less than half a century, at most.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 01:57   Link #276
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's hard to be optimistic when you expect Eureka Seven and you get Infinite Stratos instead.
An IS clone that doesn't even make sense in regards to the mythology of the world. I would be taking this better if it was a prequel, not that much better but still, as none of this makes sense.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 02:14   Link #277
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
An IS clone that doesn't even make sense in regards to the mythology of the world. I would be taking this better if it was a prequel, not that much better but still, as none of this makes sense.
I.S. clone? What?

I find this lack of information... disturbing.
Old 2012-02-15, 10:24   Link #278
sonicgx11

Quote:

Actually it will be a direct sequel, the setting in the original eureka seven was AD 2005, meaning the year 2005, in eureka seven ao the setting is AD 2025, meaning the year 2025, so 20 years have passed since the original eureka seven.
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 10:35   Link #279
konart

Quote:
I.S. clone? What?

I find this lack of information... disturbing.
They call it IS close due to a "cute" females around Ao, who is "special" male.

-cpt.
Old 2012-02-15, 10:37   Link #280
sonicgx11

I thought his hair was blue like eureka's, so now its the color of renton's?

Well they did the same thing to vegeta in dragon ball z
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen