AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-12, 11:16   Link #1
nine_tailed_kyuubi

During Itachi's and Kakashi's Fight

i wanted to ask a question about episode 82 during the fight between kakashi and itachi . Of course it was a one sided fight as we saw. When Gai came to save Kakashi , they told him not to look into itachi's eyes, he said he already knows. He said to defeat kakashi's sharingan he practiced to look on kakashi's legs and predict the movement. IMO this makes no sense at all , we never saw kakashi in the anime making a genjutsu, also sasuke have the sharingan and he never did genjutsu. The only reason u need not to look into their eyes is because u don't wanna be trapped in a genjutsu. When Gai is fighting kakashi even if Gai looked on his legs it won't make a difference since all his movements are taijutsu and the sharingan will copy everything on its own it sees through ninjutsu and genjutsu + it can copy the taijutsu movements as we saw sasuke copying Lee's movements before. IMO this is a mistake Gai shouldn't have known about itachi and shouldn't have practiced that way unless he knew about genjutsu.
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 11:29   Link #2
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
When looking at Itachi's eyes, he could avoid Tsukiyomi.. We dont know how he had learned about that when fighting Kakashi, but somehow he apparently has.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 11:33   Link #3
Jess-sama
Sabaku No Jess

I like the question,good notice and I totally agree with you.It was never mentioned before that Kakashi (or Sasuke) use genjutsu so it makes no sense .
The question is why did he have to say that in the first place??He cud've just not looked into Itachi's eyes I think .
Jess-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 11:36   Link #4
nine_tailed_kyuubi

i know by avoiding looking in the eyes he will avoid tsukyoumi , but Gai was supposed to belike Asuma and Kurenai who didn't know about that. Also what i'm saying he didn't need to practice this way against kakashi as we never saw Kakashi using genjutsu so why would Gai not look Kakashi into the eyes !!! that is what i'm asking
Old 2007-02-12, 11:38   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Kakashi used a genjutsu against Sakura in the bell test. and also used his Sharingan to make some sort of Hypnosis to Zabuza.

Gai needed to say that to explain Asuma and Kurenai what to do in that moment of emergency. and Yes, Gai measure Is mostly to avoid eye contact with a Sharingan user thus avoiding Sharingan Genjutsus abilities.
Old 2007-02-12, 11:41   Link #6
nine_tailed_kyuubi

thanks, thread closed yeah i didn't remember that . My point was wrong
Old 2007-02-12, 11:42   Link #7
MDale
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Kakashi used a genjutsu against Sakura in the bell test. and also used his Sharingan to make some sort of Hypnosis to Zabuza.
When I saw the episode I also assumed it was because of this that Guy developped his tactic for avoiding the Sharingan.
MDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 16:57   Link #8
Jacoby
Owl-Streching Time

Send a message via ICQ to Jacoby Send a message via AIM to Jacoby Send a message via MSN to Jacoby Send a message via Yahoo to Jacoby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post

Gai needed to say that to explain Asuma and Kurenai what to do in that moment of emergency. and Yes, Gai measure Is mostly to avoid eye contact with a Sharingan user thus avoiding Sharingan Genjutsus abilities.
On top of that, it doesnt really matter what you've seen up to that point in the show. How many times had you seen Kakashi really fight at that point? 3 or so? Do you really think you've seen all of his moves?

Even if you had never seen Kakashi use a genjutsu, if Guy says he does it, then he does. That would be sort of like if you said why does everyone say the fourth sealed the kyubii. Everyone says it, but we've never actually seen it. In a show like this what characters say is what makes up what has happened.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 17:22   Link #9
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
On top of that, it doesnt really matter what you've seen up to that point in the show. How many times had you seen Kakashi really fight at that point? 3 or so? Do you really think you've seen all of his moves?

Even if you had never seen Kakashi use a genjutsu, if Guy says he does it, then he does. That would be sort of like if you said why does everyone say the fourth sealed the kyubii. Everyone says it, but we've never actually seen it. In a show like this what characters say is what makes up what has happened.
On top o that he has 1000 Jutsus....Who would believe he doesnt have a Genjutsu while having the best tool for it?
Old 2007-02-12, 17:33   Link #10
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

even if gai locks his vision in itachi's feet...He's not aware that Ameterasu does not require eye contact to burn
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 17:47   Link #11
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Itachi can hypnotize people with his toes anyway so none of this even matters.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 21:24   Link #12
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains of Heaven View Post
even if gai locks his vision in itachi's feet...He's not aware that Ameterasu does not require eye contact to burn
Well that is true but the most trickiest thing about the Sharingan are it's genjutsu effects.

(And i am not sure if it was an anime filler but Kakashi used this kind of genjutsu pretty bad on Zabuza.....reading his mind and copying a jutsu which he didnt preform yet...Zabuza was staring at Kakashi's eyes)

Also i think Ameterasu works pretty much like Cyclops his eyelaser. Something like this picture below..

Old 2007-02-12, 22:44   Link #13
Rein Masamuri

It could also be the simple intimidation factor of the Sharingan.
Just seeing it can make you nervous :P
Rein Masamuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 05:07   Link #14
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Also i think Ameterasu works pretty much like Cyclops his eyelaser. Something like this picture below..

According to the Data Book's explanation and
Spoiler:
it's rather about combustion at sight.
The black flames "appear" where Itachi focuses his eyes.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 07:48   Link #15
Ichimaru

gais tactic wont work, unless itachi dances like a butterfly, sting like a bee, ali style
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 03:35   Link #16
amOKchen
duel me

While Gai chases down a kagebunshin he get's stabbed in the back.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 10:58   Link #17
PsiNide

Also i think Gai should have known about Itachi's genjutsu abilities. He would have been old enough to be around a hell of a lot of other sharingan users in his time before they were wiped out.
PsiNide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 15:55   Link #18
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
thanks, thread closed yeah i didn't remember that . My point was wrong
You lose Naruto trivia credit for this thread.

Sharingan does not simply copy jutsu it has its own powers, especially genjutsu, which is why Zabuza feared it so much that he created a mist cloud so that he would not be hypnotized again.

Gai has had several duels with Kakashi, close to 100 even (though some of these were revealed to be matches as silly as rock/paper/scissors).

He would be quite knowledgable of tactics to fight Sharingan as Chiyobu-sama was in the forest.

But it was revealed in that forest battle that Gai's tactic would not have worked anyway as Itachi can cast genjutsu from any part of his body, meaning that he could likely hypnotize you with his toes and then raise your head to eye level to do Tsukiyomi.