AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 06:41   Link #11961
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: Rong can't be everywhere at the same time for one thing >.>

Anyway, Rong is good in everything that revolves around combat. But that's just "good", whatever skills he has is not comparable to people who have mastered that specific form of combat.

It's like mixed martial arts. Rong takes the basics of everything and takes it one step up and mixes them all together. It's what he's done to survive for so long.

Against people who are trained in what they do and if Rong is forced into a situation where he has to fight them under their rules, he's probably going to lose.

For example, if Rong fought Ichika in IS combat and Rong was not under oath from Fillia, then the match would end in a few seconds with Ichika dead.

If it was a strict kendo match, Rong would probably end up on a hospital bed in under 2 minutes.

too-stu I know but that's just how he is. As long as Fillia is okay he's sealed.

Rong is only exceptional because of his brain and somewhat determinatorness.

EDIT: 1 more page!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 06:42   Link #11962
HasuMasu
*Artist

It's difficult to get Sasaki to sound like a girl, dammit.
Old 2011-12-09, 06:49   Link #11963
Eratas123

Box - Just make her a Bokukko then. A lot of girls are tomboys and even use the male pronouns instead of female in Japan.

Demi - You have to be careful to limit. One of the best ways is to make him good at one or two things and not above average in everything. For example:

Ichika - Raw Power and speed.

Kyuukai - Experience and Teamwork.

Irish - Intelligence and Agility.

Ichika's the strongest while Irish is the hacker and strategist. It balances them all out. If you want to make a character like Rong, why not just crossover with another anime that has a character like him and use that?
Old 2011-12-09, 06:52   Link #11964
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - She acts like that in Volume 4 too. What happened? Did she just get a personality switch since they wanted her to still act like the proud soldier girl? Then again, just look at the trainwreck of what you call Cecilia's romance in the anime. She just did a complete 180 when Ichika nearly beat her
Ayup.

Quote:
Fridge Horror? You'll have to fill me in on that since I may have missed something or I know what it is and I wonder if you're talking about the same thing.
This is a 14 year old kid WITH the mindset of 7 or 8 years old, that is abused to hell and back, became extremely meek and basically a living doormat. Indeed it's played for laughs but still...

Quote:
Also, why did Madoka turn Kuudere? Was there any reason given? Seeing the Harem may have made her realize that she could lose her bother and turn her more stoic and cold.
Rather than go stoic and cold, she turn more emotional and sometimes illogical, until she got real friends again, where she lose the unstable temperament and less kuu and more dere.

(Or at least that's what listed in Trope page , as I said I'm quite afraid I'm a little inconsistent with Madoka's characterization).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TvTropes.org
# Sugar and Ice Personality: Madoka.
* Deconstructed, Madoka is increasingly emotional and less rational as the problems piling up, especially regarding Ichika.
* Reconstructed in chapter 10, as Madoka gains real friends, she became less icy and more sweet.
Old 2011-12-09, 06:57   Link #11965
HasuMasu
*Artist

Which would be weird since she looks so girly.

Anyway, I'll just try to internalize the way girls talk and move for the next couple of days.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:02   Link #11966
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Why does Ran like Ichika in Sacred Twins? She had to have known that he was a delinquent considering the fact that her brother probably came home with injuries sometimes and most likely Ichika was the one dragging him home.

Why is Dan scared of Ran as well? If he's the guy who can take on guys with knivesm I doubt he'd be scared of a tempremental 14 year old.

Irish's condition is played for laughs in Shadow too....till he finds out Allen is dead. His doormat behavior is deconstructed after that and he shows exactly why he acts that way when he finds out. Things get even worse when he gets his memory back and starts to resent himself for acting like that/starts wangsting.

How would Madoka react if someone else manages to snatch Ichika? Accept it and move on or show signs of being in pain?

@ Box - Not really. I have friends who look girly but act like one of the guys (up to watching "adult video's" without flinching). Then again, how does she look anyway?
Old 2011-12-09, 07:15   Link #11967
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Why does Ran like Ichika in Sacred Twins? She had to have known that he was a delinquent considering the fact that her brother probably came home with injuries sometimes and most likely Ichika was the one dragging him home.
Ran fell for Ichika at first sight when he and Dan helped basketball club, true. But more so after having Ichika act as human shield for her, when she idiotically charges forward, thinking she can stop the brutal fight just by yelling (yes, she's too naive and a little spoiled prior to the incident)

Quote:
Why is Dan scared of Ran as well? If he's the guy who can take on guys with knivesm I doubt he'd be scared of a tempremental 14 year old.
He's playing the role of 'pathetic big brother' just like Ichika play his role as 'dense nice guy'. Ran act like that because Dan let her and probably ask her to stay as her usual fierce self.

Even now, she still fears that Dan and Ichika will somehow revert to their bloodhound sides again (so Ran is a stepford smiler in this case).

Quote:
Irish's condition is played for laughs in Shadow too....till he finds out Allen is dead. His doormat behavior is deconstructed after that and he shows exactly why he acts that way when he finds out. Things get even worse when he gets his memory back and starts to resent himself for acting like that/starts wangsting.
This

Quote:
How would Madoka react if someone else manages to snatch Ichika? Accept it and move on or show signs of being in pain?
Depends on how much support she get from her friends and family, probably the support of other defeated harem member too, she may prevail. Otherwise she'll crumble to dust and left broken.

Quote:
@ Box - Not really. I have friends who look girly but act like one of the guys (up to watching "adult video's" without flinching).
Like my sistah....
Old 2011-12-09, 07:16   Link #11968
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
They sound more like soldiers and mercenaries than Idols
Like I said, the idol business is a cover for Tabane to gather powerful pilots in one spot for a plan unknown.

But they are still amatuers.

Maya takes down Erika and Gin, then holds off Karon, Riz and Celeste.

Chifuyu stomps on all of them during a class vs class match.

Browning routinely flattens them every time they cause a ruckus.

And let's not get into how the Mysterious Lady is sometimes needed to bail Karon out...

Things even out when Louise joins, but then again she's almost a Graduate, so her skills are almost at the level of her teachers.

The ST@RS can handle Golems, and lovestruck yanderes () but throw them a Boss character, they struggle to even survive.

Quote:
@ Meistah - Assassin bloodline? Ummm~ That sounds familiar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Now, where the hell this is come from again?
Quote:
I was talking about the fact that they sound like they could beat trained personnel Also, it reminds me of Big Boss' group in MGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I was talking about how the fuck exactly Louise has assassin bloodline stuff...then again Blitz likely will have it as ascended (recursive) fanon...
Louise is my "cameo character" in IS who is related to another fanon. Essentially everything is the same with your Louise, except a bit less hateful of men (still distrusts them though, but that's because of her life story). I decided to bring her in after realizing that she and your Louise is almost identical, then crack took over...

Louise has the abilities of her appearance in that other fanon. She was created as an OC for Assassin's Creed. Its explained by Louise herself (in my fic) as "I come from a line of assassins, this is nothing!!" which isn't out of place alongside Tatenashi and Ren.

In a sense, I took your Louise and modified her to fit my fanon.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:19   Link #11969
HasuMasu
*Artist

I thought I posted this before.

^ Something like that.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:20   Link #11970
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Good GOD the 8 BIT GRAPHIX!!

But this actually passes. oO

Too bad these things can't fly... wait.
- Give me a Mospeada any day. I can do things with that bike you kids won't believe...

Quote:
"I come from a line of assassins, this is nothing!!"
SNIK

Sound of Louise's pants falling down in public.

<Ren> : "Try harder."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 07:30   Link #11971
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Her opinion of Ichika never changed even if he saw her and Dan fighting thugs? Also, when did she try to stop the fight? She couldn't have been more than 13, and most thugs tend not to attack Pre-teens (even evil has standards).

So Dan lets her act like that since he thinks it calms her down? It makes sense, but I'm wondering about something: Dan doesn't support the Ichika/Ran ship in canon and this shows a lot, does he act the same in Sacred Twins?

Is this wangsty enough?

Irish: Tears are only for people who're scared to die or have something left to lose. I'm neither of those.

and

Irish: I can't believe I acted like that. I guess there are some things that are hard to let go off, even if you have to.

Well, it's a Wincest story so she has nothing to worry about in regards to losing. Does she have clingy jealous girl moments though? I can imagine some when either Tatenashi or Cecilia tease him.

@ Meistah - What bloodline is her heritage from? Desmond's is from the middle east originally.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:30   Link #11972
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: I just realized that Rong can't snipe.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:34   Link #11973
Eratas123

@ Hawke - How's that writer block coming along?

@ Box - I can see her being a tomboy

EDIT: @ Demi - That's it? One weakness doesn't exactly cover everything.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:34   Link #11974
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

She's the descendent of a traitor who helped the Knights Templar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Give me a Mospeada any day. I can do things with that bike you kids won't believe...
Why did you think I didn't want to bring it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
SNIK

Sound of Louise's pants falling down in public.

<Ren> : "Try harder."
Louise: Oh I'd love to continue, but that might be... (poses seductively) ...would be too much fanservice for Honey in a day~~

Max: *4 Gaijin RAWRface*
Old 2011-12-09, 07:37   Link #11975
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well I don't really know how to give a weakness to someone whose combat style is look for killshot then execute.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:41   Link #11976
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Why does she call Maximillian "Honey"? Does she like him or something?

Side note - What? Are you going to tell me that other Assassins are after her and that she's going to have to fight them off? That's absurd..............right?
Old 2011-12-09, 07:41   Link #11977
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Her opinion of Ichika never changed even if he saw her and Dan fighting thugs?
Her opinion of course changed greatly, but not to the point of despising him. Remember Ran is a Tsundere, underneath those bitchiness is heart of gold. More or less Ran glad that he and Dan could change, but still traumatized until now.

Quote:
Also, when did she try to stop the fight? She couldn't have been more than 13, and most thugs tend not to attack Pre-teens (even evil has standards).
She wasn't specifically attacked, SHE CHARGED RIGHT INSIDE THE RIOT and Ichika get stabbed TWICE (the straw knife that almost get Ran and the one aimed at him).

Quote:
So Dan lets her act like that since he thinks it calms her down? It makes sense, but I'm wondering about something: Dan doesn't support the Ichika/Ran ship in canon and this shows a lot, does he act the same in Sacred Twins?
Yes, definitely. Notice that Ichika ALSO against Madoka flirting with Dan (or at least it looks like that....) in chapter 12 draft.

Quote:
Is this wangsty enough?

Irish: Tears are only for people who're scared to die or have something left to lose. I'm neither of those.

and

Irish: I can't believe I acted like that. I guess there are some things that are hard to let go off, even if you have to.
Angst where? I don't see it. this is rather... gut-punching.

Quote:
Well, it's a Wincest story so she has nothing to worry about in regards to losing. Does she have clingy jealous girl moments though? I can imagine some when either Tatenashi or Cecilia tease him.
Jealous yes, clingy... probably not. She's prone to frustration however, and when she's jealous she can act like spoiled imouto to Ichika (when they're in private of course...)
Old 2011-12-09, 07:41   Link #11978
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

On 2nd thought, maybe PS2 and PS3s are Veritech Cyclones.

@Eras: Yes, but that's for another story, not this one. The ST@RS will be the ones hunting her once she betrays them, and I will be milking it for all the dramas worth.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:43   Link #11979
Eratas123

@ Demi - Nevermind then, I'm not one to judge. Just learn to limit his skillset or you're going to be getting flack. Most Fandoms don't mind characters like him. unfortunately, this fandom hate's Male OC's for some reason.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:43   Link #11980
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Some stupid realization on my part:

Edit: It is very difficult for a male pilot to go unnoticed. Especially if he is piloting special machine

2nd gen IS uses soup-up version of conventional military weapon (such as guns, missile....probably more guns and old-school cannon. From example of Uchigane(Normal Katana), Raphael (too many to list), missiles included.)

3rd Gen IS use energy weapon and unconventional weapon (Most obvious: Silver-Gospel and Blue Tears), Shenglong(the cannon), Schwarzer Regen(the railgun is debatable though, but the energy blade place it firmly in 3rd gen)

4th Gen IS has various form, variable output for its weapon. Can reconfigure/transform itself (which means any IS that transform are either 4th or 3rd gen with 4th gen technology).

Somewhere in between: Byakushiki (4th gen equipment but don't have that many variation: Solid Sword to Energy Sword, Claw to Shield to Cannon).

The rationale on why the world don't have transformable 3rd gen yet is probably because unit that transform is impractical (due to weaker joint that most likely will break off in the middle of the battle or even high-speed flight) while true transformable IS(AKA 4th gen) don't have that problem.

On unrelated Note: I decide to change the theme of Harbinger to "Aseop gone Wrong"

Work-in-progress character: "Be true to yourself" (A child solider who is adopted into a normal family but realized that he is a sadistic war-addict (He enjoy the taste of killing people, victory and superiority over the loser, the humiliation of the loser, those things give him the high), killed his foster parents and is currently a hired gun waiting to wage war. Since he is an expy of that Gauron.... he has difficult dying and is insanely good at fighting and planning.

Pigsy: "Beauty came from within...." He got discriminated by his look so much that he decide to be the mask.....

Ubau: "Always Do good things to others" and "Be faithful to god". His definition of good and being faithful to god is different from others....

White bow Dragon: Out of sheer Irony (thank you, Avatar) "Save the earth, go Green" Most environmental friendly way to save the earth is to turn its enemies(Humans) into fertilizer.

Mumeishi (Red sword Dragon): "Always be optimistic." Joined Harbinger in hope to change the world into a better place. Obviously he joined the wrong Organization. (more side-note: He is the most badass normal member of the Four Elite Pilots, his unit has only a katana and his only experience in fighting came from Kendo (you know....fighting with a bamboo sword does not make you good in sword fighting)

Beelzebub (Black Scale Dragon): "Be Diligent"..... Which is probably one of the thing which you don't want to be in a villain. Rape, slaughter, arson,robbery...etc he make sure he does his job thoroughly and leave no witness unharmed.

(Lich) Green Lich Dragon: "Never Give up". Which is a bad thing considering that he is the bad guy...... with a machine that regenerate endlessly.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest