AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-01, 01:02   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 743 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Things were a bit messy due to April Fools' but now it's time to get this show on the road! Thanks to the usual folks at AP (Redon, Aohige, etc.) for the spoilers:

-Chapter title is "Turbulent Dressrosa". Splash page can be seen here.

-Continuing from last chapter, Sugar passes out from shock at Usopp's visage. Immediately afterwards, Robin returns to her human state, as well as all of the various coliseum fighters, marines, and Dressrosan soldiers who were enslaved. Trebol reports the happenings to Doflamingo straight away, who is very displeased by this turn of events.....

-All around the island, the toys are returning to their original state, people and animals alike. Among them, some are not only marines, but government officials and royalty from other nations, as well. Fujitora and Bastille are already receiving the reports from around the island, as does Dofla's officers. Back at the palace, it seems that Pica has retreated from his fight with Zoro. Back at the port, Robin tends to Usopp, and the dwarves say that they will indeed build a statue in his honor. Back outside, we see the townsfolk finally remember that their current king is a demon, and begin to revolt.....

-At the palace, Doflamingo is already swamped with reports. As he's listening to them, Kyros suddenly charges into the room, apologizing to king Riku. He then completes his mission as he DECAPITATES THE WARLORD(!!!). As their master's head rolls on the floor, both Baby-5 and Buffalo scream in shock, as Luffy and Viola follow Kyros into the room. The one-legged soldier then announces that he came to restore Dressrosa to its former self...!!!

-At the coliseum, Diamante is enraged by Trebol's blunder, while Rebecca is filled with emotion as her memory has returned. Sabo explains that this was the trick behind Dressrosa, and that everything has a core..... including the ring they're fighting on. He then uses a Dragon Breath technique to blow up the ring! As the ring collapses, Sabo says that all that needs to be done now is to win the match. In the audience, Koala contacts Hack (the fish-karate master from earlier, remember), telling him that Sabo's on his way to meet him underground...!!

Wow, now THIS is one epic chapter! Looks like a mass revolt is gonna begin, huh? I'm having my doubts about Dofla REALLY being killed by Kyros, though..... if anything, there may be some trick behind his string powers that lets him survive decapitation (though I also doubt that he's a logia). Welp, it's pretty much confirmed that s*** is gonna get realer than real, now.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-04-02 at 02:27.
Old 2014-04-01, 01:54   Link #2
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Turbulent dressrosa? Well that doesn't say much..
Old 2014-04-01, 18:10   Link #3
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Turbulent dressrosa? Well that doesn't say much..
Could be saying that Dressrosa state will go downhill from now. As Sugar is K.O.
Old 2014-04-02, 00:37   Link #4
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Summary of Ch 743:

Spoiler for Ch 743:
Old 2014-04-02, 00:50   Link #5
marvelB

^Unconfirmed spoiler, unfortunately. However, Aohige's summary should be up soon, and I'll be able to make a proper update.

Edit: Updated! And yep, I find the real deal way more epic than that fake summary!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-04-02 at 01:27.
Old 2014-04-02, 02:04   Link #6
marvelB

Just took a gander at the Chinese scans, and..... yep, Doffy's definitely gonna survive this one. There was no blood coming out of him when Kyros chopped off his noggin. I guess that was either a clone or he pulled a kawarimi no jutsu or something. I doubt that was Law's power at work since he's chained up (and I don't think he'll be able to pull the fake sea stone chain trick he used at PH here), but I have seen some theories that this may be Pica's doing (since he can probably create stone doppelgangers with his power or something).....
Old 2014-04-02, 02:37   Link #7
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm having my doubts about Dofla REALLY being killed by Kyros, though..... if anything, there may be some trick behind his string powers that lets him survive decapitation (though I also doubt that he's a logia). Welp, it's pretty much confirmed that s*** is gonna get realer than real, now.....
Well, considering that deaths in OP are really seldom, I guess we can take for granted that he will survive.
Maybe his body has always been nothing else than a puppet beeing controlled by strings and his real body (if he has one) is in Mariejoa or something like this.

On the other hand: Wouldn't it be a much more epic development, if this were indeed how Doffy meets his end?
Old 2014-04-02, 02:52   Link #8
Iamis

Doflamingo looks like he is in a dark room by himself when he receives Trebol's Report

Although that panel might just be for dramatic effect
Old 2014-04-02, 04:02   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

everything is on the moveeee!!!

and don't die too soon, Curos... you should re-unite with Rebecca first

10-years works has turned to waste because of Usopp... what a legend
Old 2014-04-02, 04:08   Link #10
II Maestro

Usoland you destroyed Doflamingo's 10 years work in ruling Dressrosa~!
Old 2014-04-02, 04:19   Link #11
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Gotta apologize for the fake summarry that I have obtain, everyone. Especially to Marvelb.

Just trying to help out a little but this time I will leave it to them

Anyways, what is done is done.

I hope Ussop will not be wanted by DD gang since he made a legend of himself in the SH crew.
Old 2014-04-02, 04:48   Link #12
DeadBonesDooM

So whats this hype around Sabo?
Did I miss something? If someone could throw some ggwp info to me about this.
But this chapter blew my mind.
15/10.
Usopp the Hero. Strangly strong Lucy (Sabo??). Reminds me of Sylar from Heros (seeing how everything works and shit)
But yeah. I doubt doffy died, it wold be lame.
Old 2014-04-02, 04:54   Link #13
Veviticus

Doflamingo's severed head and lack of blood could be due to law's power.
Old 2014-04-02, 05:07   Link #14
noktown

And I thought Luffy was about to fight Donflamingo.

Being that naive,of course he believed that he is dead.
Old 2014-04-02, 05:13   Link #15
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I can't recall a single time in One Piece ever where a villain and his faction was so thoroughly screwed to the balls before Luffy & co even fights the big bad.

I mean, regardless of what happens, Dofla and his men are completely and utterly screwed.

As far as immediate danger goes, Trebol, you best be running as fast as you can.
Old 2014-04-02, 05:19   Link #16
DarkHollowIchigo

BAM!!~ there goes Donny's head!~
Old 2014-04-02, 05:23   Link #17
danielevo

Sabooo badassssssss !!!!! XD
Awesomeeeee chapterrr !!

Usssoppppp is superrrrr XD

I really cant see how this arc will ended up, all toys is from all country, goverment, pirates, etc..
Oda really mix all together in this arc, i hope the end will not dissapointing because too many plot oda made...
=D
Old 2014-04-02, 05:42   Link #18
gensouR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
everything is on the moveeee!!!

and don't die too soon, Curos... you should re-unite with Rebecca first

10-years works has turned to waste because of Usopp... what a legend
Sugar contributed by feeding the tatabasco to him in the first place,not that she knows about it.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
Old 2014-04-02, 06:28   Link #19
ri0

Although I doubt he's really dead, the page where Doflamingod's head is cut off was just plain awesome.

I think that maybe Law saved him somehow, as he was shown noticing the arrival of Kyros.

Hell of a chapter!
Old 2014-04-02, 06:33   Link #20
chidorimen

Doflamingo's life fibers will keep him alive.
Closed Thread