Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-23, 01:02   Link #35961
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The twist was pretty wild. All this time I thought Ritsuka was just going back and forth between the two teams. Yu Mei-ren always being there reinforced that and made it harder to figure out.

So they never addressed the elephant in the room in any of the events? That's a bit of a shame.
None of the events are about the Emiya family besides arguably the Zero collab, which didn't involve Illya anyway.

And it's a kind of unspoken rule among the Chaldean Servants to let sleeping dogs lie. As long as everyone remains as Ritsuka's Servant in their own way even mortal enemies tolerate each other.

And Illya especially is from a world so far away from the mainline FSN setting that she only has a vague understanding that "something bad happened to make my brother/father like this" and she also knows Ritsuka is much better at dealing with that than she is.

I imagine if we ever get a proper Prillya event after the manga concludes it could go deeper into it, but the real answer is "everyone she would want to help is already in literally the best possible situation for them". Chaldea, despite the apocalyptic scenario, is heaven on earth for people like Emiya and Kiritsugu
Old 2023-05-23, 07:46   Link #35962
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I like the concept of Chaldea, but it's hard to believe so many Heroic Spirits who used to be mortal enemies in real life could live under the same roof. And damn, the place must be huuuuuge to accommodate 300+ servants. Works great for stuff like Fate/Grand Carnival though, I hope they'll make more of it.

But yeah, I can see why it would be heaven for Emiya and Kiritsugu. This is the first event I play where Emiya has a major role in and he's really cheerful. It's nice to see.
Old 2023-05-23, 08:38   Link #35963
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I like the concept of Chaldea, but it's hard to believe so many Heroic Spirits who used to be mortal enemies in real life could live under the same roof. And damn, the place must be huuuuuge to accommodate 300+ servants. Works great for stuff like Fate/Grand Carnival though, I hope they'll make more of it.

But yeah, I can see why it would be heaven for Emiya and Kiritsugu. This is the first event I play where Emiya has a major role in and he's really cheerful. It's nice to see.
It's a combination of this specific scenario being the reason Heroic Spirits exist at all (the HG wars are a rip-off of the planets defense system) and Ritsuka being Servant catnip for a number of reasons.
Old 2023-05-23, 16:34   Link #35964
AC-Phoenix
Detective

To be fair, Ilya still has a really good relationship to Irisviel. You never see Shirou with them though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-24, 00:55   Link #35965
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
To be fair, Ilya still has a really good relationship to Irisviel. You never see Shirou with them though.
Shirou has no connection to Iri aside from being connected to Kiritsugu
Old 2023-05-24, 03:45   Link #35966
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do like the twist in this event. Something that is there, but you might not pay much attention to it in-between farming and mission clearing. Plus originally thought the gender flipping character portraits was just a minor bug and didn't think hard about it.
Old 2023-05-24, 05:53   Link #35967
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

A new event?! In this day and age?!

It's unofficially Illyafest since it involves Illya's Castle for some reason and Illya is prominent as a story character. It's a lotto apparently.
And a new Servant?! Whaaaat?! 5 star Assassin Kashin Koji. Looks like a spider lady.

I'm drained of my quartz from Draco and NP8 Locusta. I'm just gonna save for anniversary.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-24, 12:33   Link #35968
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Shirou has no connection to Iri aside from being connected to Kiritsugu
As far as I've been told though, Iri is still his stepmother there.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2023-05-24, 16:48   Link #35969
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do like the twist in this event. Something that is there, but you might not pay much attention to it in-between farming and mission clearing. Plus originally thought the gender flipping character portraits was just a minor bug and didn't think hard about it.
I didn't think it was a bug since it happened repeatedly, but I was wondering if there was going to be an actual explanation for it and the last part provided it. Yin-Yang stuff. I'm a bit confused why the Servants on the B side didn't realize their master looked like a completely different person though. What was the point of Xu Fu taking the gender-bended appearance to impersonate Ritsuka when Gudao and Gudako look nothing alike?
Old 2023-05-24, 22:39   Link #35970
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
As far as I've been told though, Iri is still his stepmother there.
Oh, I thought you meant regular Shiro/Archer. My bad.

Iirc Iri and Kiritsugu are running around cleaning up the Einzberns and the rest of the HGW stuff to make sure it never comes back, which is why they aren't usually around
Old 2023-05-25, 02:47   Link #35971
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I didn't think it was a bug since it happened repeatedly, but I was wondering if there was going to be an actual explanation for it and the last part provided it. Yin-Yang stuff. I'm a bit confused why the Servants on the B side didn't realize their master looked like a completely different person though. What was the point of Xu Fu taking the gender-bended appearance to impersonate Ritsuka when Gudao and Gudako look nothing alike?
According to Daily Chaldea (a fan comic, sort of, which likes to give lore explanations to game mechanics), it's because Ritsuka is a mage who's only good at one spell: gender bending. So both the Gudao and Gudako forms are the true form, and can change at any time depending on their mood.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-25, 02:55   Link #35972
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
According to Daily Chaldea (a fan comic, sort of, which likes to give lore explanations to game mechanics), it's because Ritsuka is a mage who's only good at one spell: gender bending. So both the Gudao and Gudako forms are the true form, and can change at any time depending on their mood.
That comic isn't official or anything, it's just something a member of the Grandorder subreddit does for fun. It does occasionally come up with stuff to "explain" things said member considers loopholes, but it's just as likely to run counter to canon in doing so as anything else.

Also it has stuff like Guda prank-calling the Crypters for shits and giggles. It's a gag comic, not something to take seriously
Old 2023-05-25, 03:58   Link #35973
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
That comic isn't official or anything, it's just something a member of the Grandorder subreddit does for fun. It does occasionally come up with stuff to "explain" things said member considers loopholes, but it's just as likely to run counter to canon in doing so as anything else.

Also it has stuff like Guda prank-calling the Crypters for shits and giggles. It's a gag comic, not something to take seriously
That'd be why I called it a fan comic.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-25, 10:14   Link #35974
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I like the idea but it's just headcanon at the end of the day, and contradicted in the game itself where Ritsuka states she can't use any spells without mystic codes.
Old 2023-05-25, 11:34   Link #35975
Homura7

Quote:
Because while they may look different to you, in-universe both the original Ritsuka and the fake are have identical appearance. This is why no one brings it until Mash sees the fake reflection.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-25, 17:02   Link #35976
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Because while they may look different to you, in-universe both the original Ritsuka and the fake are have identical appearance. This is why no one brings it until Mash sees the fake reflection.
My Ritsuka is female. When the two groups met back up, Sigurd stated that "the boy we thought was Master had us completely fooled". Don't you think it doesn't make sense?
Old 2023-05-26, 00:45   Link #35977
XFire
150% done

It's not that they looked identical, the "mastermind" was using some yin-yang sorcery to mess with everyone's perception
Old 2023-05-27, 12:22   Link #35978
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pretty much entirely done with the event. Only need to clear up the shop now. Challenge would have gone smoother if I didn't make the mistake of using Castoria's NP one turn early. I wasn't expecting the enemies to get full NP charge out of nowhere.

I really liked the side-missions with the NPCs since it allowed me to try out Servants I don't usually find on my friend list. Sei Shonagon's animations and lines are pretty hilarious. Same mission made me realize Takeuchi's art is pretty inconsistent. Swimsuit Okita looks absolutely gorgeous (some of the best boobs he's drawn along with Morgan's), but swimsuit Mash does not look that great.

I've been meaning to talk about this but 4* servants sharing the same banner is ridiculous. Individually they sit at 0.7% rate-up against Abby's 0.8%. There's something very wrong with that. Makes me happy Nero was alone on Medb's banner.
Old 2023-05-28, 04:56   Link #35979
AC-Phoenix
Detective

What I hate is how unfarmable these events actually are, and it keeps getting worse. Right now only my arts can loop, and out of the arts loopers only Sieg, Jeanne and DaVinci are consistent during events.
Others sometimes work, others they don't.
I can't even increase Fionn's or Musashi's skill levels right now, as Morgan is right around the corner.

Old 2023-05-28, 07:41   Link #35980
GDB

To be fair, you don't have to necessarily loop. Triple AoE comps (or double with one able to refill) are perfectly viable for anything short of 90++ nodes.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon