AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 15:52   Link #321
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

^ I agree especially when you compare to how Maki sang it.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 17:03   Link #322
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

there are many people who begin to be a fan of Maki-chan?
Old 2013-01-21, 17:27   Link #323
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I'm not actually a fan.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 17:36   Link #324
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow didn't think it would be that bad. Though glad they still performed. Honoka really shined this ep, especially how she was encouraging Umi.
Old 2013-01-21, 17:49   Link #325
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Wow didn't think it would be that bad. Though glad they still performed. Honoka really shined this ep, especially how she was encouraging Umi.
Same here. Honoko is so optimistic. Glad she still continued though there was only one audience in the beginning...
Old 2013-01-21, 17:53   Link #326
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
For me, I didn't bandwagon cuz I knew about this group ever since their 3rd single.

I always felt that Maki stood out the most in their videos.

Oh and keep telling yourself that, Genji. lol
Old 2013-01-21, 18:01   Link #327
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
For me, I didn't bandwagon cuz I knew about this group ever since their 3rd single.

I always felt that Maki stood out the most in their videos.
It is true that all the people like me for example who knew the band before the anime has already had a preferred all ... for me it is now and no change Maki I love Maki-chan in the anime she is too cute!

Old 2013-01-21, 18:05   Link #328
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Oh and keep telling yourself that, Genji. lol
Lols, someone just PM me now asking who my avatar is.. guess I'm not the only one.....
Old 2013-01-21, 18:11   Link #329
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
yes, Umi was too cute in this episode
Old 2013-01-21, 20:03   Link #330
Candyshark

Judging from few songs Uchida Aya isn't only one who sucks at singing. Though i have to ask why put such person in idol group? Plus she is more of a voice actress. Hard to say with so few roles under her belt.

Let not forget that Nakamura Eriko and Kugimiya are also terrible at singing yet they still got the roles.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 20:19   Link #331
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The plot for this anime does have a couple elements that can be nitpicked... but really, this show is such a great, big bundle of joy that I find it hard to care. It's just chock-full of hotblooded passion, style, flash, and finesse. This show distills moe down to its purest form, and presents it with full frenzied flavor and vivaciously vivid vibrancy. It's just a total "feel-good" anime.

And while the plot does have realism issues, I can tell that the writers and producers behind this have a superb sense of dramatic timing. The build-up for critical moments is excellent, and the critical moments themselves are executed with precision pomp and circumstance. Those critical moments are consistently framed perfectly, too, so I tip my hat to whoever directs this anime.

A thoroughly lovely cast of characters, with some nice personality characteristics shining through.

As a side-note, I don't think I've ever seen so many tsunderes in an all-girls show before.

I love the yuri dynamic between Hanako and Maki. Those two characters are probably my favorites so far. I like how Hanako has a cheeky side to her where she so effectively teases others.

Excellent three-episode start. I'm definitely looking forward to more.
Old 2013-01-21, 21:55   Link #332
novalysis

Could this be the Girls Und Panzer of this season? It might be a heretical thought, but the second and third episodes of this anime is giving off vibes that are reminding me of Garu Pan. From the scenario, to the commonalities in themes, to the excellent execution of the Moe Concept (on how to be Moe without being boring or annoying), it's certainly isn't the utterly brainless idol show that I thought it would be.

Of course, they could self destruct further on in this season, but I think this kind of plot is very, very hard to screw up, if you are off to a good start.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 21:58   Link #333
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The plot for this anime does have a couple elements that can be nitpicked... but really, this show is such a great, big bundle of joy that I find it hard to care. It's just chock-full of hotblooded passion, style, flash, and finesse. This show distills moe down to its purest form, and presents it with full frenzied flavor and vivaciously vivid vibrancy. It's just a total "feel-good" anime.

And while the plot does have realism issues, I can tell that the writers and producers behind this have a superb sense of dramatic timing. The build-up for critical moments is excellent, and the critical moments themselves are executed with precision pomp and circumstance. Those critical moments are consistently framed perfectly, too, so I tip my hat to whoever directs this anime.

A thoroughly lovely cast of characters, with some nice personality characteristics shining through.

As a side-note, I don't think I've ever seen so many tsunderes in an all-girls show before.

I love the yuri dynamic between Hanako and Maki. Those two characters are probably my favorites so far. I like how Hanako has a cheeky side to her where she so effectively teases others.

Excellent three-episode start. I'm definitely looking forward to more.
glad you like anime and you say "Hanako" you will not rather say "Honoka"?
Old 2013-01-21, 22:53   Link #334
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I love the yuri dynamic between Hanako and Maki. Those two characters are probably my favorites so far..
Leave that to the staff of Yuri-ism for the doujinshi. If this goes like Vivid... I'll cursed this for not declaring it as such in the first place.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-21 at 23:03.
Old 2013-01-22, 00:12   Link #335
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Then their "first concert" was not perfect will say that it is "normal" for an idol group that begins
Old 2013-01-22, 05:23   Link #336
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
I love the yuri dynamic between Hanako and Maki.
Spoiler for it has begun:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-01-22 at 05:42.
Old 2013-01-22, 10:43   Link #337
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I don't know if I'd call myself a fan of her yet, but I do like her quite a bit and am quite eager to see her become part of the group.
Old 2013-01-22, 11:28   Link #338
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 13:26   Link #339
tsunade666

Episode 03 was great. They really took the steady pace in the development of the idol group but its fitting on the story. I also love the song but the concert really is not surprising because they are unknown idols but still depressing but hey. They had 9 people who are at least present when they perform. An unknown idol group that has no backing and still literally had no fan other than their friends. They did good for at least people showing up.

btw I still haven't memorize the name of all the girls and the gray haired girl which I can't remember her name. Her voice when they are signing is too high pitch synthetic. They need to mellow it down. I like Honoka and Umi's voice.
Old 2013-01-22, 13:27   Link #340
Midonin
Last Engage

Love Live 03 - Something Resembling Madness?

I've really been rooting for Aya Uchida to succeed. After her first role (that I was aware of) as Ascoeur, I kind of made her into an underdog in my head. People disliking a character shouldn't necessarily extend towards dislike for the voice actor, but she's still someone I'm glad to see moving ahead. At least here, most of the problems people have with her have more to do with Kotori's singing than anything about Kotori as a character or even Uchida herself. Plus, she'll be debuting as Himawari in Vividred before too long, so I'll gauge the reception there.

Umi draws more than a few comparisons with Mio once again. If only she knew that if skirts were clipped by a few inches, she could fly higher. But I do have to give credit to Honoka. Performing to a small audience may be seen as a silver lining, but performing to no audience would crush any performer's spirit. She looks to be the kind of person who loves making art solely for making art - and that's exactly the kind of character I can throw my support behind. The song was animated beautifully, too.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life